Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US Debt crisis...

I am a veteran who gets SS and VA disability. At this time if this is not setteled in a few days there will be no VA retirement, no VA dissability and no SS

payments till it is resolved. This reduces My mounthley income to "0" You don't half to think too hard to figure out the impact it will have on my fammily.

• Upvote 2

Thanks ac63 .. These ar the stories I would like to hear .. We here in this country take so much for granted .. I am retired but Volunteer in welfare organisation.. Our resources are stretched now but I can fully realise the impact that this would have on our resources .. My thoughts and prayers are with you ;)

• Upvote 1

I am in the residential construction business... My business has been very sparse for five years....I have no jobs at present and no promising leads.... We have got the "CHANGE" he promised...... Pretty soon we will need some "spare change".   

• Upvote 1

i can't get a court date because the department I need to file with is government run... that's about all that has effected me so far which is pretty odd considering I am currently on a Government contract...

I do hope though that this has escalated enough to make most Americans, that would other wise be oblivious, understand how eff'ed up our government budgeting is. I actually heard a politician in support of the raising the debt limit say yesterday  (paraphrasing) " we have raised the debt limit about 57 times in the last 40 years and 27 of those times we have implemented spending cuts...."  wait what?? if you implemented REAL spending cuts then how the hell are we at 16,000,000,000,000+ in debt? I think maybe your math skills suck or your budgeting has a different definition then everybody else.

We all ways here people say , "we'll you wouldn't run a household budget like this" hmm well ya know what? the government doesn't run contract budgets like this either. They are in fact extremely diligent in requiring budgets on contracts and making sure the money is spent correctly and do not easily give increases. So where exactly is the disconnect?? where do we go from not spending more than budgeted and not budgeting more than we have available TO you want it buy it we can always get more money with a vote....

My pension had finally rebounded from the financial crisis of the last administration.  The last year or so, it has really taken off and started to show some significant gains.......and now it's on the brink of tanking again.  Not happy with any politician right now.....particularly the quaint little Tea Party, that thinks they know what's best for me and mine, no matter how much it costs me.

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

I quit a large corporation 3 years ago. Had 30 years invested.Made it pretty far up the food chain for a dumba$$ indian now I am semi retired.

I started a web business about 6 years ago and it does ok not great.

Wife`s has severe RA so her treatment and medical cost are pretty high . But thanks to our new healthcare its gonna be $300 a month more. Plus we get less coverage then what we had before. We live a very simple life and grow all of our own vegges and try to raise most our own  meat. Plus what I take from the land. Deer , Turkey ect ct. 

We like it that way so we dont see it as a hardship. 1 good vehicle and a motorhome and my harley. We owe no one. Just taxes. No great plans of doing great things before I eat dirt. Would love for the grandchildren to have their chance at great things and live the life I was fortunate enough to have lived through the grace of god.  I can only hope that this country can find the strength it once had . So that the younger generation has their chance.

In the end its

Not what you got. Its what you gave

Not how you loved.  But how you were loved

Not how you gave up. But how you fought

Not how much you laughed.  But how much you cried

I will tell you what was told to my people by this government ages ago and it funny cause it personifies everything about this govt .

To the people of this country

"You must endeavour to persevere"  :)  

Wish ya luck with that 

hahahahahahah

• Upvote 3

So - I'm a Federal Technician for the National Guard and have a 30% disability rating.  I was considered "essential" - so I didn't miss any work. Pay check wasn't really effected that way - however -

I'm still a drilling member of the National Guard. Since my drill was cancelled for October, at my rank, that's about a $600.00 hit to my pocketbook. Thank heavens I have another income stream also. I also have my own business and I was able to pick things up a bit to cover a good part of the $600.  Things were still tight - but the power is on, phone still works and was able to make my car payment.

• Upvote 3