Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UPDATE: Prayer Request 8(

DiveDeepSix

I said I would update you all when I heard anymore on the prayer request I had started for baby Emmett.

I sincerely appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers my friends, and it is with great sadness that I bring the news that the little guy didn't make it.  I have to believe God had a better plan for him and he is in a better place now, knowing this however does not deaden the sting in the hearts of his parents and loved ones.  I pray for them that they find peace in their hearts and understanding of God's choices, I guess only he knows why he made the decision he did.

Thanks again my friends, no responses are necessary, I just said I would update y'all and I wanted to once again thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  

The DV crowd is certainly a class act and I feel blessed with or without an RV getting to know and become friends with some of the fine people here on this site.  God Bless.

DD6

• Upvote 2

DD6..... I am so terribly sorry to hear this. My heart and prayers to the parents, you and the family of this little soul.

God Bless you little Emmett, rest in His arms and peace....

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

and he is in a better place now,

DD6

My condolences go out to this child's parents. I can only imagine their heart break now.

The duality of christianity.

He's in a better place now, but you asked us to pray that he wouldn't be.

Maybe I'm a little confused.

Edited by flatdawg
  • Downvote 6

Flatdawg.  You are confused.  We pray that someone will recover from an illness/accident, however, if they do not....you want them to be in Gods presence.  "The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  1 Corinthians 1:18

• Upvote 4

flatdog...we do not always know whats Gods plans are...but we do know that we were put here for many reasons.....one is to take care of each other....our task in this case was to do our best to take care of this little guy...so we pray. Im this case it was not Gods plan for him to remain with us. He now has his wings.

We may now ever know why...but there was a reason. 

• Upvote 3

Can't speak for anyone but myself..... but I'm not so sure its a duality as much as a reflection of the limitations and needs of our humanity......

Being with G-d, more fully..... and completely in every way with and of His presence, to the exclusion of his soul with/of G-d manifesting in the physical form with us here, is likely  a "better place" than suffering the depth and degree of pain this little soul withstood for his limited time with us....

And while it is better for his little soul to be re-united with G-d, that does not in any way diminish the human need or desire  to connect with his soul as a physical manifestation one can touch, hold, connect, nuture, love,  mentor, parent, and on and on.......

And therein of course we would ask G-d to heal his physical form such that he can remain with us here, living a full life........ And such prayers come from the limitations and needs of our being human. Of course my human needs would want this little guy to stay.... Yet in my limitations, how do I know that such a need is not selfishly ignoring the degree of pain he is suffering,  the trauma I can't comprehend, the damage to his physical form I don't know about and on and on.... And if I truly love this little soul, I will depart from own selfish need, and pray G-d's Will be done. If I love this little guy, I will pray for what is best for him.... not me..... in that, I don't really see a duality.... Really I don't.

I'm sure at least once in your life you had to let go of someone, for their own good, for that which is best for them. And it was probably very painful, and you may have prayed that whatever would resolve such that that person could remain with you.... And at the end of the day, if you really love that person, you will pray for that which is best for them... and if it is that they go, then if you love them, you will respect and honor that decision.

If anything I see it as a frail human attempt to live a life of unconditional love.... which doesn't mean we might wish differently... or feel the pain of separation from that we love..... but it does mean we, if there is unconditional love, will respect and honor the decision that is best for that soul and their journey and relationship with and of G-d.

• Upvote 3

Thanks gang for the thoughts.

Flat, I get it you don't believe in God, I feel sorry for you, all you have is this life and that's it for you.  I really don't care what you believe or why you believe it, but this really isn't the thread to discuss it on if you don't mind.  I won't try and convince you God exists don't try and convince me he doesn't it! 

Honestly I feel bad for any child being born right now into this society, I fear for my kids's future and where this country is taking them.  I asked my friends to pray for him and his family that he would recover and have a chance at life, but he is in a better place now.  We all know life is hard, we will feel hunger, pain, sorrow, sadness, loneliness, and so on, but we will also feel love, joy, pride, happiness, etc.  Like I said before only God knows why he made the decision he did and I respect that.

Can't speak for anyone but myself..... but I'm not so sure its a duality as much as a reflection of the limitations and needs of our humanity......

Being with G-d, more fully..... and completely in every way with and of His presence, to the exclusion of his soul with/of G-d manifesting in the physical form with us here, is likely  a "better place" than suffering the depth and degree of pain this little soul withstood for his limited time with us....

And while it is better for his little soul to be re-united with G-d, that does not in any way diminish the human need or desire  to connect with his soul as a physical manifestation one can touch, hold, connect, nuture, love,  mentor, parent, and on and on.......

And therein of course we would ask G-d to heal his physical form such that he can remain with us here, living a full life........ And such prayers come from the limitations and needs of our being human. Of course my human needs would want this little guy to stay.... Yet in my limitations, how do I know that such a need is not selfishly ignoring the degree of pain he is suffering,  the trauma I can't comprehend, the damage to his physical form I don't know about and on and on.... And if I truly love this little soul, I will depart from own selfish need, and pray G-d's Will be done. If I love this little guy, I will pray for what is best for him.... not me..... in that, I don't really see a duality.... Really I don't.

I'm sure at least once in your life you had to let go of someone, for their own good, for that which is best for them. And it was probably very painful, and you may have prayed that whatever would resolve such that that person could remain with you.... And at the end of the day, if you really love that person, you will pray for that which is best for them... and if it is that they go, then if you love them, you will respect and honor that decision.

If anything I see it as a frail human attempt to live a life of unconditional love.... which doesn't mean we might wish differently... or feel the pain of separation from that we love..... but it does mean we, if there is unconditional love, will respect and honor the decision that is best for that soul and their journey and relationship with and of G-d.

WOW, that was amazing my friend, I couldn't have summed it up better in any way, thank you and what an incredible post!! :salute:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 3

Flat, I get it you don't believe in God, I feel sorry for you, all you have is this life and that's it for you.  I really don't care what you believe or why you believe it, but this really isn't the thread to discuss it on if you don't mind.  I won't try and convince you God exists don't try and convince me he doesn't it! 

No need to feel sorry for me, we all have nothing but this life, nothing more.

Honestly I feel bad for any child being born right now into this society, I fear for my kids's future and where this country is taking them.

I respect that and very much agree.

We all know life is hard, we will feel hunger, pain, sorrow, sadness, loneliness, and so on, but we will also feel love, joy, pride, happiness, etc.  

Such is life.

The roller coaster beats the merry-go-round any day.

This is the proper way to spell God. It is not spelled G-d.    

This is the proper way to spell God. It is not spelled G-d.    

Guess that would depend upon whether or not you were Jewish.

If I need to explain that, and I am serious, .... let me know

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3

I'm so sorry to hear this, but being human, we are often not able to fathom our Father's purpose. It is times like this that do test our faith...but it is much like placing metal in a crucible.  The heat of the process evaporates off the impurities and create pure pure precious metals. Our faith is often tested, but if we persevere - we come out more pure.  

My prayers go out to the family, and I pray that their faith in God helps them through this.  

• Upvote 3

Sorry to hear that Deep... there has been more than one time in my life I can honestly say that we felt optimistic in prayer for someone only to have it go the opposite of what we are prayin' for!  :huh:   All I can say in one word of encouragement is .... Emmett took the shortcut home.   :angel:   

I know he's in a better place, and given the choice most of us wouldn't even consider this ol' rock to live out our short lives if we could have Heaven instead.  That doesn't make it any easier for the parents for now.  We will keep prayin' for them and that they will be able to someday realize their was some kind of sovereign plan they didn't understand going on here.  Thanks for sharin' Deep, and again... our condolences brother.

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

DDS - to every thing there is a season and a reason - I so don't understand most times the mind of God - but I trust Him with my full and entire being. I just know little Emmett is smiling down on everyone and is happy, strong and full of life there. God bless the little children.