Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Not all Pit Bulls are Bad

aliciadogz

I have raised pits most my adult life. Way before they became popular with those that choose to fight them.

The pit bull terrier in the late 40`s and 50`s believe it or not was the most popular dog in the united states.

But enter rin tin tin and lassie and he lost his First place status. Some of you old timers will remember Petey of the little rascals . He was a pit.

The most decorated dog in the history of the military was a pitbull. His name was stubby

They get a bad rap because of there aggression towards other dogs. (not people)  They are extremely territorial and feel the need to protect their pack.

I have never raised a pit that would bite unless told to. Their loyalty is legendary.Eli the gray I am raising now lets my grandchildren climb all over him pull his ears and pretty much make him miserable but never a growl or complaint he just looks at me and whines and begs me to interven .

If the grandchildren are playing in the yard and a car slows down or a stranger appears then yes he becomes very aggressive . he will not tolerate a stranger coming near his children .   The are truly a nanny dog. Late at night his job is to run the perimeter. He will let me know very quickly if somethings amiss or somethings on the property that shouldn't be there . I cant say enough about these dogs. Their eyes have a depth that you wont see in most dogs. 

220px-Sergeant_Stubby_3.jpg

stubby WW1 vet

peteimage.jpg

petey (little rascals)

ELI Senior

ELI JUNIOR 

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2