Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar

boomer113189

Boomer I know "If the queen had round ones she'd be king",but I'm asking an if ? anyway. What is the max you think we could get if M2 was let's say 17 Trill. Is it a minimal factor in your thinking or is it 5 times better than where we're at? That was what got me in.Simple division speculation and a Kuwait story had my first 24 hour delivery. The M2 has been my progressive downer for 3 years,man can they print notes.Max out good DV folks ASAP.

Being as how they said they could support the value 2.5 times its current value, M2 might not play as big as a part as whatbwe thought. They might only need to cover whats in circulation.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Millionday was right with this one.....

the replacement of damaged is done and it is now time to change the rate to do trade.  that my friends was a whopper of a report

----Sure was.

---REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED CURRENCY?
Does he really think this happened?

Cuz if it's true, we have a lot longer to wait!
Why would anyone replace currency that's being phased out soon?

i take this as a VERY HIGH RISK LOTTERY TICKET all of us here are all betting that the cbi will redenominate the dinar like they said they plan to be doing

The worst that can happen is we break even, and I don't have much.
If I get a decent return I can make more money with it.

Millionday was right with this one.....

the replacement of damaged is done and it is now time to change the rate to do trade.  that my friends was a whopper of a report

----Sure was.

---REPLACEMENT OF DAMAGED CURRENCY?

Does he really think this happened?

Cuz if it's true, we have a lot longer to wait!

Why would anyone replace currency that's being phased out soon?

The worst that can happen is we break even, and I don't have much.

If I get a decent return I can make more money with it.

iraq has not replaced no worn or damaged notes as of yet

Edited by boomer113189

the fact that they are talking about Redenomination aka Deletion of zeros is not good for speculators like us at all. i dont think it matters even if they had 17 trillion because there currency is inflated that why they have so many zeros on them.

Something must be wrong ,I get it thanks. While I'm at it ,never seen you guys condescending,mostly stating facts and providing links. Wonder why some folks take stuff the wrong way this is the "tank" after all. Try asking a ? at DD ,and put on a helmet for an as.... whooping. Do wish "fib" would offer a prop with hope but I guess he doesn't like losing.Max out good DV folks ASAP.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hey  caz1104 instead of saying how i only post on the negatives and bad stuff about the dinar that nobody wants to hear.   

why don't you disprove me and the so called lopsters about what iraq really wants to do with there currency. tell me how by deleting the zeros is going to make everyone thousand of dollars of this speculation. i would like to see some sort of

article or document stating that after currency's that get there zeros removed that people made tons of money on it

A investor that only looks for negatives......me I do something weird I look for possibly upsides & downsides,strange I know................please don't tell us your also a money manager!!!!

Something must be wrong ,I get it thanks. While I'm at it ,never seen you guys condescending,mostly stating facts and providing links. Wonder why some folks take stuff the wrong way this is the "tank" after all. Try asking a ? at DD ,and put on a helmet for an as.... whooping. Do wish "fib" would offer a prop with hope but I guess he doesn't like losing.Max out good DV folks ASAP.

"never seen you guys condescending" .............lol lol.................LOPsters got a groupie! You must be new they(LOPsters) re-invented the meaning of the word "condescending"

Boomer I don't feel the need to argue a possibility(RD) or the fact that Iraq states that's what they plan on doing. Now do I always believe what a GOV entity tells me.............history shows only a fool would do such.Its true history tends to repeat itself.........but new history is also written every single day. My question is why do you sidestep every opportunity I provide you to explain why genius's such as your self would ever 1)invest/speculate in such a no/min gain proposition such as dinar with as much info that's available "with a click of a button" & 2)stay vested in a no/min gain proposition with as much information that's available? I mean this could go on for quite sometime (10 years and counting as of now) and surely someone with your view must know of multiple of other opportunities with a much higher upside..............right? So why stay vested? And please don't use the old/tired pat answer..........."i'm here to help others"....blah blah blah, that's sooooooooooooo U.S. Government.

Edited by caz1104

A investor that only looks for negatives......me I do something weird I look for possibly upsides & downsides,strange I know................please don't tell us your also a money manager!!!!

"never seen you guys condescending" .............lol lol.................LOPsters got a groupie! You must be new they(LOPsters) re-invented the meaning of the word "condescending"

Like it or not got much respect for your resiliency also. Consistency and patience from both sides need be admired, then when backed with links and facts saves some a great deal of work and some couldn't do thier own research anyway.I don't belong currency speculating where a tenth of a point is a good day but I have a right to be here and have learned a lot. Now if you could talk some sense into my nieghbors with 3 foot stacks ,I swear really you guys could ease some pain.
  • Upvote 1

Like it or not got much respect for your resiliency also. Consistency and patience from both sides need be admired, then when backed with links and facts saves some a great deal of work and some couldn't do thier own research anyway.I don't belong currency speculating where a tenth of a point is a good day but I have a right to be here and have learned a lot. Now if you could talk some sense into my nieghbors with 3 foot stacks ,I swear really you guys could ease some pain.

I'm going to be totally honest with you...............I could care less to anyone here's thoughts or beliefs. With that said I think all (even LOPsters) have the right to there own thoughts & beliefs without fear of being attacked or looked down upon. IF this(dinar) goes sideways(and it just may) or not what the majority(yes I believe there are some here with a personal vendetta/agenda) of us want, then everyone(including LOPsters) will have to answer honestly that we were hoodwinked. But I listen to myself in all ventures I've entered and hold myself(something foreign to some here) responsible for my actions, and I've never blamed ANYONE for anything I've entered into with my own free will. Good luck with the neighbors.

Q: If it is a scam, why are their no prosecutions?

A: Many scams operate for many years without prosecutions — Bernie Madoff got away with it for a couple of decades — and the Sequester has substantially limited new investigations and prosecutions. Also, prosecutors and investigators have limited resources, and usually spend their time on cases where the victims complain the most. With the dinar, most of the victims are still “true believers” who haven’t figured out that they have been scammed, and so are not complaining. Having said that, “Nobody has been convicted yet” has to be about the worst reason to invest in something that I have ever heard.

Q: Does the U.S. hold a large position in Iraqi Dinars?

A: No, the foreign currency reserves of the U.S. ending September 20, 2013, are found at http://goo.gl/bGkVRw and while the U.S. owns some small amounts of Euros and Yen, no significant holdings of Dinars are listed. That the U.S. government invests in a huge stockpile of Iraqi Dinars is just something that scam artists untruthfully recite to sell their suckers more Dinars.

Edited by boomer113189

Thanks Boomer , Hope it puts that rumor down.

There have been prosecutions where a crime is suspect. If agree to buy something (dinar) pay for it , and take delivery , DONE.

Why you bought it is personal, You have that right .

Generally to prove fraud , it must be in writing .

• Upvote 1

Point taken thanks. 

I'm going to be totally honest with you...............I could care less to anyone here's thoughts or beliefs. With that said I think all (even LOPsters) have the right to there own thoughts & beliefs without fear of being attacked or looked down upon. IF this(dinar) goes sideways(and it just may) or not what the majority(yes I believe there are some here with a personal vendetta/agenda) of us want, then everyone(including LOPsters) will have to answer honestly that we were hoodwinked. But I listen to myself in all ventures I've entered and hold myself(something foreign to some here) responsible for my actions, and I've never blamed ANYONE for anything I've entered into with my own free will. Good luck with the neighbors.

Many of the concerns surrounding the deletion of zeros, if you look at the States that have done so, most countries are Turkey, we find that they have a strong and stable economy

Actually, Turkey not doing so good!  I hope Iraq is not using them as their model.  

Turkey's Once-Golden Economy Buffeted from All Sides

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324886704579052871861015240.html

Turkey's Economic Growth Slows Sharply

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323296504578396200677967468.html

How well did the Turkish economy do over the last decade?

There has been much discussion in Turkey in recent days about the performance of the economy under the AKP government, occasioned in part by an exchange I had with Minister of Finance Mehmet Şimşek.

The Turkish government likes to claim that the GDP expanded by more than three-fold between 2002 and 2012. This is a misleading number, as it is based on the dollar valuation of Turkish GDP at current prices, and hence lumps both dollar inflation and the real appreciation of the Turkish lira on top of real growth. Calculated properly, real GDP (or GDP at constant prices) rose by 64 percent during 2002-2012, and real GDP per capita by 43 percent.*

This is not a bad record of growth. An increase of 43 percent in income per capita over a decade implies an annual growth rate of 3.6 percent. This is a performance that matches that of Turkey’s previous high-growth period (1960-78) and exceeds anything experienced since.  

In 2002, Turkey was just coming out of a severe financial crisis, so there is a case to be made that any growth calculation that takes 2002 as the base year mixes up real growth with the bounce back from the crisis. There is also the question of sustainability, as growth has been fuelled by large current account deficits in the recent period. I will not elaborate on these issues in the present discussion.  (Seehere for a more analytical look at Turkey’s recent growth experience.)

However, an important issue that is frequently overlooked is the conjunctural and comparative dimension. The last decade has been an exceptionally good one for developing countries as a whole. When Turkey’s performance is compared to the average for emerging and developing countries, it hardly looks distinguished. This can be seen from the figure below.

Source: Conference Board database

The figure shows that Turkish performance lagged significantly behind emerging and developing economies as a group. In the latter, real GDP rose by 95% compared to Turkey’s 64%.  Real GDP in large emerging markets such as China, India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia all grew more rapidly than Turkey, as it did in many smaller African and Latin American countries.

Turkey’s rank in global GDP tables improved slightly over the decade. In purchasing-power adjusted terms, Turkey went from 17th to 16th in global GDP rankings (surpassing Australia).  Measured at current exchange rates, it rose from 21st to 17th(surpassing Taiwan, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, but falling behind Indonesia). (Note that comparisons of rankings over time using current dollars can be misleading for the same reason noted above, namely movements in real exchange rates.)

Bottom line: Turkey did well relative to advanced countries, and closed the income gap with them. But its performance benchmarked against the most relevant comparators, emerging and developing countries, was not distinguished.

*For Turkish readers, there are good accounts of real-nominal measurement issues byEge CansenUgur Gurses, and Aykut Kibritcioglu. Also, a technical digression may be useful here. A real appreciation of the curency may reflect an external terms of trade improvement. In that case, it would represent a gain in the purchasing power of domestic output. However, there has not been a trend improvement in Turkey's terms of trade over the 2002-2012 period. Turkish real appreciation has little relation to the changes in its terms of trade, and seems to be driven largely by changes in domestic relative prices (nontradables versus tradables.)

http://rodrik.typepad.com/dani_rodriks_weblog/2013/06/how-well-did-the-turkish-economy-do-over-the-last-decade.html

• Upvote 2