Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What our Govt. did(n't) do for us this week

Oh what a buy week our Senate and House had!  (WRONG!)

SENATE:  1.   Voted NOT to repeal a medical devices tax that generates $3billion annually to help fund the Affordable Care Act (OBAMA Care).  But they also approved a "clean" continuing resolution (HJ Res 59) to fund our government through Nov. 15 without GOP contingencies.  

2.   Voted to kill a GOP bid to bar employer contributions to defray the cost of health insurance that members of Congress and their staffs will purchase in Obamacare starting next year.  

HOUSE:    1.   Passed HJ Res. 70 (and sent to the senate) a GPO measure to fund and reopen the National Park Service, Holocaust Museum and Smithsonian Institution during the partial government shutdown.

2.     Blocked a bid by democrats for an up-or-down vote on a continuing resolution to fund the entire government without GOP terms such as curbs on Affordable Care Act.

3.     Voted to delay the Affordable Care Act mandate for one year.  (How many times has this been voted on????)

4.      House passed HF Res 73 to fund and reopen the National  Institutes of Health (NIH) during the current partial government shut-down.

5.      Voted to fund veterans Education employment and disability programs during the partial government shutdown.

Following is strictly MHO only.  If we are going to continue to fund "selected" spending, why not simply agree to extend the current continuing resolution for at least another month and let us get on with business - Business that SHOULD include a conference on the  BUDGET for OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and let us get on with America's business.   Oops.  just realizing I was using my outside voice here.  Surely someone besides me is getting frustrated about this current government.  And I thought the Iraqis were bad.....

This process seems to be working... Setting affordable healthcare care off to the side for a quick discussion. The House is representative doesn't want raise our debt ceiling... We would just spend more, print more money, and ultimately more interest payments to other countries.

Does anyone remember the 10,000 additional employees hired a while back by the IRS ... The gurus stated it was for the RV... It now seems the government was preparing for Obama tax collections.

• Upvote 2