Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Turkey: A redenomination model

ReinMan

Mods, maybe delete my previous thread with the same topic in the "2 Cents" area.

------------------------

I came across a page researching the lira RD in 2005.

Of particular interest is the introduction of the new currency and how it was handled.

Gives a more base meaning, a little clarification, and possible credence to WHY we're hearing about the term IQN.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I won't be buying any more dinars since a RD / LOP is a possibility IMO.

Old and new currencies will coexist for a time with 25K and 25 having the same purchasing power.

Here's the article..

http://www.tcmb.gov....mgm/NTL_faq.htm

----------------------------

RV WHEEL OF FATE:  http://imageshack.us...68/wheel217.jpg

post-54736-0-30060600-1380739840_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

My true hope is that I lose everything!!! Then maybe I can be as cool as the Lopsters..................GO RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Wait I still have to whine & complain about "guru's" & "pumpers" ..............................boy do I have a lot to learn about being a LOPster 

Edited by caz1104

Mods, maybe delete my previous thread with the same topic in the "2 Cents" area.

------------------------

I came across a page researching the lira RD in 2005.

Of particular interest is the introduction of the new currency and how it was handled.

Gives a more base meaning, a little clarification, and possible credence to WHY we're hearing about the term IQN.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I won't be buying any more dinars since a RD / LOP is a possibility IMO.

Old and new currencies will coexist for a time with 25K and 25 having the same purchasing power.

Here's the article..

http://www.tcmb.gov....mgm/NTL_faq.htm

----------------------------

RV WHEEL OF FATE:  http://imageshack.us...68/wheel217.jpg

Well this is exactly the type of information that many try to keep out of the other forums. This is the model that the CBI has stated they are following for their own deleting the zeros.  More of the newer people to this investment should be checking out this kind of information just so that they are aware. And the fact that people are purposely twisting deleting the zeros into something we want to happen. Its a non-profit event for currency speculators!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

I have a sneaking suspicion that people are saying "use the term IQN with the teller"

so as to fool the teller that your IQD is IQN (new currency with the new value of $3.47 or so that hasn't been released yet) when in fact it is not.

So if the new currency comes out at $3.47, we have tripled our money and that's it.

I'm hoping for no LOP, and I remember Delta on a call giving a long-winded explanation why it won't LOP, but it seemed like "baffle 'em with BS" sort of speech. We shall see!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I have a sneaking suspicion that people are saying "use the term IQN with the teller"

so as to fool the teller that your IQD is IQN (new currency with the new value of $3.47 or so that hasn't been released yet) when in fact it is not.

So if the new currency comes out at $3.47, we have tripled our money and that's it.

I'm hoping for no LOP, and I remember Delta on a call giving a long-winded explanation why it won't LOP, but it seemed like "baffle 'em with BS" sort of speech. We shall see!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Yea your right. It doesnt exist. No new ISO code for the dinar. Just a new spin for the gurus so that IF there really is a new ISO code released, people will still be confused and think that the RV is happening when in fact they are about to get shafted....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• 1 month later...

I wonder if TD knows that Turkey did a straight LOP (redenomination or RD)?

He sure seems excited about it.....

11-6-2013   Intel Guru TD   BREAKING NEWS!!!  Well folks after a lengthy discussion (with my source) I am told to watch out for a dark horse entering this saga and it's very, very interesting stuff!  The dark horse is Turkey, specifically their Central Bank Governor, Erdem Basci, his staff and the on going association being nurtured between this entity and Governor Turki of the CBI and his staff. Word is that these parties are forging an alliance of technical and monetary policy assistance to get Iraq into the International arena.  

11-6-2013   Intel Guru TD    Turkey successfully carried out currency reform a few years ago and their currency was much like Iraq's in various respects. The idea seems to be to use the Turkish model to similar implement also in Iraq. I was told to look very carefully to this story unfolding as the Strategic Alliance has continued meetings between the USA, Turkey & Iraq later THIS MONTH. The IMF has endorsed Turkey's role in this endeavor. 

11-6-2013   Intel Guru TD   Now, how long will the work continue? That's still unclear. It may obviously take many weeks or months still. The meeting at the end of this month should yield some valuable information. I will keep you informed of developments.  

11-6-2013   Intel Guru TD   I reported this past weekend of Iraq's "mission of urgency" in various matters including of course currency reform. One thing of great joy to us is knowing for a fact that ALL POLITICIANS want to keep their cozy seats and with elections before April 30th, 2014 as a deadline, we are sitting in a very good position knowing that these politicians (FOR THEIR OWN INTERESTS) will indeed show some results. They have to!! 

----------------------------------------

Looks like someone is getting excited over a LOP!!

• Upvote 1

I wonder if TD knows that Turkey did a straight LOP (redenomination or RD)?

He sure seems excited about it.....

11-6-2013 Intel Guru TD BREAKING NEWS!!! Well folks after a lengthy discussion (with my source) I am told to watch out for a dark horse entering this saga and it's very, very interesting stuff! The dark horse is Turkey, specifically their Central Bank Governor, Erdem Basci, his staff and the on going association being nurtured between this entity and Governor Turki of the CBI and his staff. Word is that these parties are forging an alliance of technical and monetary policy assistance to get Iraq into the International arena.

11-6-2013 Intel Guru TD Turkey successfully carried out currency reform a few years ago and their currency was much like Iraq's in various respects. The idea seems to be to use the Turkish model to similar implement also in Iraq. I was told to look very carefully to this story unfolding as the Strategic Alliance has continued meetings between the USA, Turkey & Iraq later THIS MONTH. The IMF has endorsed Turkey's role in this endeavor.

11-6-2013 Intel Guru TD Now, how long will the work continue? That's still unclear. It may obviously take many weeks or months still. The meeting at the end of this month should yield some valuable information. I will keep you informed of developments.

11-6-2013 Intel Guru TD I reported this past weekend of Iraq's "mission of urgency" in various matters including of course currency reform. One thing of great joy to us is knowing for a fact that ALL POLITICIANS want to keep their cozy seats and with elections before April 30th, 2014 as a deadline, we are sitting in a very good position knowing that these politicians (FOR THEIR OWN INTERESTS) will indeed show some results. They have to!!

----------------------------------------

Looks like someone is getting excited over a LOP!!

Yup.

Another idiot.

• Upvote 1