Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"New and Improved" CBI news and announcements page

TBomb

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/Announcemen.17-9-2013.pdf

(this is translation of above pdf and it was a copy and paste...hmmm  :-) 

Announcement of the auction results
Iraq's Central Bank approved on 9/17/2013 hold public auction
C93 auction for the sale of bank transfers for (91) days (ninety one day)
And $ 200 billion dinars (two hundred billion dinars is not) and has been a full sale
offerings amount of a multi-rate and reached the highest discount rate to
(4.9%) and the number of participating banks (6) has won (3)
The amounts provided by the banks.
With appreciation ...
Central Bank of Iraq
Baghdad
17/09/2013

http://www.cbi.iq/?pid=Home〈=ar

**Seems the CBI has updated their "news and announcements" section..pretty interesting.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

BOGUS CBI WEBSITE... It is being managed heresomewhere in the State of Texas.  To not be fooled by any posts on the site...  Nothing new is happening or different.

It's not a bogus website. It's just hosted in Texas. Lots of organizations have websites that are not hosted in-house. 

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 7

Here is the IP Address matching the CBI.IQ  here in Texas... What can you uncover...

What is the IP Address of cbi.iq? The IP address of cbi.iq: 69.73.150.226,
Meta tags report for cbi.iq Title: Central Bank of Iraq Description:   Keywords:   Charset: utf-8 First Sentences: Home English Contact عربي   INFORMATION ABOUT The CBI History Monetary Policy Payment Systems Banknotes & Coins Laws & Regulations Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions International Financial Institutions Careers RESOURCES Government Debt Currency Auctions CBI Auctions MOF Auctions Financial Statements Statistics Publications News & Announcements WELCOME TO THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ What are you looking for? Statistics Iraqi & Foreign Financial Institutions Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Financial Statements Laws & Regulations Government Debt Careers Contact us NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS Upd
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

DB I used to host a site that was based on a server in Argentina, and I used a security company based in Germany to hide my personal identification material. Oh and I updated the site primarily from work in Afghanistan...and this was all just for a simple blog. When dealing with people or organizations that require privacy the only way to tell who owns the website is by seeing a bank statement or charge transaction for who pays the bills. There are systems upon systems designed to let even a novice website owner hide their true identity.

Not saying you're not correct, but I am saying you haven't proven you're correct yet. If I were were Iraqi no amount of national pride would make me want to host my website on a Iraq server.. no promise of stability there.

• Upvote 1

Does that make it the right thread?  :shrug:

Question 1.  It doesn't look like any other Central Bank website in the world... odd

Question 2. The only address for the location of the CBI website is a PO Box... no other bank has a PO box for an address?

Questions 3. Most of the addresses under financial institutions are all incorrect, why is that?

Question 4. Click on Career page - Zero there... not a single word.  Odd

Question 5. Click on Auctions.  Click and open the excel spread sheet... Then try to save it... It will show that it is a copy of securities template... Not from the CBI.  Where is their logo on the document?

I can go on and on.  The thread is bogus, because the website is bogus.  Do the reach and prove it right...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Wow...this is the same exact website I have been looking at for the past 4 years. It is the one I have had in my saved favorites and have looked at each day to see what the exchange is. Hmmm....is it really the wrong website for the CBI ? Do you know how to get to the correct one?

Edited to say I found this website http://www.cb-iraq.org/ but get an error everytime I try to open it...is that the correct website? This is the site listed   http://www.cbiraq.org

Info for CBIRAQ.ORG if interested.

Domain ID:D103823764-LROR
Domain Name:CBIRAQ.ORG
Created On:18-Jan-2004 14:34:27 UTC
Last Updated On:19-Jan-2013 11:10:32 UTC
Expiration Date:18-Jan-2014 14:34:27 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR33249457
Registrant Name:Amir Shaher
Registrant Organization:Central Bank of Iraq
Registrant Street1:Al-Rashed
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:baghdad
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:00964
Registrant Country:IQ
Registrant Phone:+964.7901364871
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:amir.shaher@cbi.iq
Admin ID:CR33249459
Admin Name:Amir Shaher
Admin Organization:Central Bank of Iraq
Admin Street1:Al-Rashed
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:baghdad
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code:00964
Admin Country:IQ
Admin Phone:+964.7901364871
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:amir.shaher@cbi.iq
Tech ID:CR33249458
Tech Name:Amir Shaher
Tech Organization:Central Bank of Iraq
Tech Street1:Al-Rashed
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:baghdad
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code:00964
Tech Country:IQ
Tech Phone:+964.7901364871
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:amir.shaher@cbi.iq
Name Server:NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server:NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

It's not a bogus website. It's just hosted in Texas. Lots of organizations have websites that are not hosted in-house. 

I'm trying to envision a place ANYWHERE in Iraq similar to "Hostgator". They might be able to go to either India or Jordan for something close to Hostgator, but not as awesome as "Hostgator"  :eyebrows:  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1