Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

McCain: “In The United States Senate, We Will Not Repeal, Or Defund, Obamacare. We Will Not.”

McCain: “In The United States Senate, We Will Not Repeal, Or Defund, Obamacare. We Will Not.”

john-mccain-wacko-cruz-paul.jpg

September 20, 2013 4:26pm PST

•  
  •  

One of the reasons that Barack Obama won in 2008 was that his opponent, John McCain, wasn’t much of a Republican. Unlike the over-the-top passion the media stirred in uninformed Americans about Obama, McCain didn’t stir passion in anyone, including his base. In the years since 2008, McCain periodically likes to remind us that, when it came to his losing the election, that wasn’t really that big a loss for the American people.

Yesterday, with House Republicans poised to pass a bill that fully funds every part of the federal government but for Obamacare (a bill that passed the House today), McCain announced preemptively that the Senate will never defund Obamacare: In the United States Senate, we will not repeal, or defund, Obamacare. We will not. And to think we can is not rational. I will again state unequivocally that this is not something that we can succeed in, and that’s defunding Obamacare, because we don’t have 67 Republican votes in the Senate, which would be required to override a presidential veto.

What actually will happen in the Senate is a little more interesting than McCain imagines. Senators Ted Cruz (R., Tex.), whom McCain has called a “wacko bird,” and Mike Lee (R., Utah), are bound and determined to see Obamacare unfunded. To do that, believe it or not, the first thing they’re going to do when the bill hits the Senate is to conduct a filibuster against it. This isn’t as strange as it seems.

When the bill reaches the Senate, Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid will put it up to a cloture vote. One would think that Republicans would want it to pass this vote, so that it could come up before the full Senate. However, smart Republicans understand that, if the defunding passes the cloture vote, Reid then has the power to strip it away the bits and pieces that he doesn’t want – such as the part of the bill de-funding Obamacare. If he does that, and submits a “clean” bill to the Senate floor, and the Senate votes “aye” on it, voila!, there’s a Senate budget that funds Obamacare. At that point, it goes back to the House, and the whole thing starts all over again.

So if you see Ted Cruz and Mike Lee urging Republicans to vote “nay” on the cloture vote about sending the House bill to the floor, they’re not wacko birds. They are, instead, wily strategists.

As for McCain, when it comes to birds, McCain’s honorable service to and sacrifice for his country do not change one essential fact:  He’ll always be a dodo – a Republican who craves approval from The New York Times and CNN.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 3

It's a sad state of affairs in Washington, DC. The whole thing needs to fall into the Potomac and the citizens need to start again, because this isn't working.

WM13

Wm13, I am thinking we just need to flush the cesspool of mcaingrahamschumerclintoncornyn and others that have not been named here.

• Upvote 1

We need government regulated healthcare or you can expect

a aspirin to cost you 50.00 or a cotton ball 30.00 each state can charge whatever

they want and bill it to medicare.So by the time you get old their wont be a medicare

it will be out of money as well.To me Obamacare is just another monsanto

1 corporation trying to be the only provider of healthcare insurance cha ching.

Yeah the doctors dont want obamacare they cant have their million dollar homes

anymore dang obama regulated the pricing I cant gouge them anymore.What really makes

me mad is no insurance theirs the door get out.No problem I will just sit where most doctors

do and cough right in their direction.Spread famine thats why I HATE doctors they dont give a rats

rump about how you feel they just want the all mighty dollar who cares about health.

When your health becomes a business its time to get a new line of doctors everything is

done by machines these days so let machines do the work they dont need MONEY!

machines build cars and we are driving them.If you work and pay taxes it should'ny cost

you one dime to get taken care of.And if you defended this country you should get limo service

and the best treatment that you could get anywhere on the planet.To me a soldier is worth

MORE than any doctor.Remember this when someone in the whitehouse gets sick

they get Walter Reid when I got blown to bits fighting for this country I got the VA.

is this what our fighting men and women deserve?I want Obamacare to pass that way 

we can get rid of these money grubbin doctors that dont want it and then this country

can start fresh.Its what we need in our government as well.

Give me liberty or give me death at this point I would wrather have death I am ashamed of

our guberment.All of them just trash!with full bank accounts.

GO OBAMACARE! finish off our country! its going to happen anyways.

I got a weapon for you bilderbergs and when your blind lets see you enjoy

your trillions!Aholesssss! microwave pulsar come and take it!I'll give it to you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Well it seems he's not the only one shifting on their position.... Apparently in the UN talks as of current.... the US is in there playing games and saying they won't continue with the Syrian negotiations IF Russia doesn't sign another (unrelated) UN proposition on use of force.... ITs almost as if the US wanted to take it into the UN in yet another attempt to obscure what is happening.... So stay alert folks.... The ride isn't over

And in a rare statement from me on a sitting executive leader... I swear Jon Kerry looks like a frickin muppet... and I'm not saying that in unison with the neener neener name callers.... I'm just saying, he literally looks like a muppet... (if ever I were to ever go so far as to approach thinking that a politician was abducted by aliens and replaced by a roboton.... )... He is on the bullet train headed for the Rumsfeld club....

• Upvote 4

Ted Cruz is right on.

Stealth me and you were cast out of the same mold! I love you brother. I hope to meet you some day because you have the strength of a leader as I. I don't care what anyone says about me. Because anyone that knows me knows that I'm the real deal. Talk is cheap but the people that know me and love me know I'm the real deal! I have no fear, again it's easy to say in cyber space but the people that know me understand that I am the real deal. Again talk is cheap and I don't expect to be taken seriously. But when the sh*t hits the fan I will be a front runner. The sad thing is most people are cowards and it hurts me to say that. I'm the person liberals should be terrified about. To me I'm the grim reaper. To them I am the grim reaper believe that.

Stealth me and you were cast out of the same mold! I love you brother. I hope to meet you some day because you have the strength of a leader as I. I don't care what anyone says about me. Because anyone that knows me knows that I'm the real deal. Talk is cheap but the people that know me and love me know I'm the real deal! I have no fear, again it's easy to say in cyber space but the people that know me understand that I am the real deal. Again talk is cheap and I don't expect to be taken seriously. But when the sh*t hits the fan I will be a front runner. The sad thing is most people are cowards and it hurts me to say that. I'm the person liberals should be terrified about. To me I'm the grim reaper. To them I am the grim reaper believe that.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh....the grim reaper......more like a little peeper...this liberal has NO fear of tiny brains who would rather fight than think....you'll be one of the first to go.

• Downvote 9

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh....the grim reaper......more like a little peeper...this liberal has NO fear of tiny brains who would rather fight than think....you'll be one of the first to go.

Obama has brought more hatred to the USA than any other in history.  His followers share in his disdain spewing their viral condescension onto every public forum.  Some try to stay aloof while adding their giddy quips to encourage the disgust of the leader.  We are witnessing the history of a turning point in this country of evil overtaking the good.  Laws no longer apply to guide the ruling class they only are enforced to handicap the ruled.   

Here is my take on Obama Care - Big Business does not want it, thus Republican's do not want it.

Obama Care is better than no care! Which is what millions of America's have now! Business does not care if it's workers have health care or not.

If the GOP wanted to attempt to fix the rift that it sank into after the last ellection, they MIGHT think about offering an alternate plan/idea.

Killing Obama Care without another option is NOT THE ANSWER.

The Republican Party needs to do some major damage control so why not start here?

Just my opinion. No, I do not need Obama Care, I have Tricare from my military service! :)

• Downvote 1

Here is my take on Obama Care - Big Business does not want it, thus Republican's do not want it.

Obama Care is better than no care! Which is what millions of America's have now! Business does not care if it's workers have health care or not.

If the GOP wanted to attempt to fix the rift that it sank into after the last ellection, they MIGHT think about offering an alternate plan/idea.

The Republican Party needs to do some major damage control so why not start here?

Just my opinion. No, I do not need Obama Care, I have Tricare from my military service! :)

Well not quite Gym

I worked in the upper food chain for a business.

Businesses DO care that their employees have good insurance.

It`s vital to their growth. Healthy employees are PRODUCTIVE employees.

A good intelligent trained worker is very hard to come by .

You want as many years as you can out of them.

Just like that car in your avatar 

Proper maintenance baby   :)  

The labor unions, representatives of the employees knows Obamacare is the worst thing to ever happen to the working man. Thus receiving an exemption by stroke of the Fuehrer's pen.

May GOD Bless and Protect Senator Ted Cruz, and give him the true WISDOM to be the one man to change and REMOVE every corrupted politician in obama's corrupted administration. Remove every Progressive Communist of the DEMONCRATIC PARTY as well as the MUSLIM CZARS whom obama have ILLEGALLY integrated within his ring of corrupted staff (clowns).

"GOD BLESS AMERICA, SENATOR TED CRUZ, HIS FAMILY AND HIS ENTIRE STAFF"!

• Upvote 1