Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Democrats Walk Out Of Hearing Prior To Testimony By Parents Of Benghazi Victims

wpsmit

Well put Rayzur. We all know the whole truth will never come out, and honestly I wouldn't expect it to. I just have a problem with letting people die to keep your own butt off the hot seat. I also have a major problem with the blatant disrespect they showed toward the families. I would also enjoy the opportunity to sit down sometime and talk shop so to speak. Maybe we can make that happen sometime.

Roadrunner

Road and Rayzur i agree but just let you guys in on somethings.  Intel ops is what it is intel.  When you are buying wpns that fell into the wrong hands you have to have a cover.  Those families will continue to ask why and their love ones could not tell them what they were doing or where they were doing it.  They did their duty to the best of their abilities.  Now should this be made a political joust using the families as Ammo no they should not be.  Should they give them a brief on how their love ones died?  No i don't because it won't bring back the dead nor will it ease their minds.  Some folks don't agree because they don't know and want to know.  The real story will never be known.  Darrell Issa hold hearings until he is blue in the face.  Political gaming is wrong when it is using families as Ammo.  That is my own opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It took a collective effort to put them in office. It will take the same to remove them. Americans as a whole have always been eager to jump on a bandwagon and support their candidate of choice when he or she is running for office. Unfortunately, we are not known for showing the same vigor when the the time comes to remove them from the office we elected them to.

Roadrunner

Well said.

I was the Airport during that time. 

And all this time I thought you were the cockpit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How about being deliberately blind to what is going on. Both parties are guilty of treason as far as I am concerned but the problem is those who are justifying what the liberals are doing while trying to shift all the blame to the Republicans. The liberal press is helping to covers the sins of the Democrats to keep them in power. Stop with the BS of protecting these criminals because they belong to your party of choice. They all belong in a Peruvian prison.

Damit Brother,,,...is it the SEC or is it just us....Got to say" Roll Tide" seein' LSU didn't get to the half way point on Sabins, killin of my Cats...like the Grit iron.."Roll SEC''.....

TPS you are missing the point that we had the time and the means to have stopped this. This is not about what they were doing. It is about why we did nothing to protect them. Reinforcements were denied intentionally so these men would be killed. If it was my family that was sacrificed to further someone's political career there would be a reckoning. It would either be done in a court room or from a roof top. I personally would prefer the latter of the two. Either way someone would pay.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Road and Rayzur i agree but just let you guys in on somethings.  Intel ops is what it is intel.  When you are buying wpns that fell into the wrong hands you have to have a cover.  Those families will continue to ask why and their love ones could not tell them what they were doing or where they were doing it.  They did their duty to the best of their abilities.  Now should this be made a political joust using the families as Ammo no they should not be.  Should they give them a brief on how their love ones died?  No i don't because it won't bring back the dead nor will it ease their minds.  Some folks don't agree because they don't know and want to know.  The real story will never be known.  Darrell Issa hold hearings until he is blue in the face.  Political gaming is wrong when it is using families as Ammo.  That is my own opinion.

I agree with everything you're saying... I agree with everything RoadRunner is saying... I don't see us disagreeing.... Maybe gnawing on a different part of the carcass, but its the same animal. TPS, those initials in my profile have to mean something to you.... (and I keep meaning to take them out lol ). Sometimes I think I have this fault in posting... taking off down the trail figuring out how something could have been prevented... or I get too high level (macro, big picture) and lose what I'm trying to say. I was created that way.. :) Somewhere in some post in the past, I shared your thoughts in resenting deeply that the peacocks of politics diminished the focus away from these men and their sacrifice. I was pizzzzzed that there was so much frickin posturing and that became more important to the goons on capital hill, than any kind of respect shown to these guys. Both sides of the aisle should have been drop kicked deep into a drop zone.... either for being too frickin stupid to understand, or too frickin self-serving for making this into some squirrel fest it is not.  Personally I believe if they had a modicum of decent humanity, they would have waited a week before launching into finger pointing, and kept it about those guys. And I agree with RR, if they have any decency now, they will at least give those families a voice in hearing their grief, or anger or where ever they are in emotionally dealing with this. The fact that national emotional peacocking muddies those waters in unfortunate. But they do represent the nation, and while we know it is not what its said to be, it doesn't matter in the sense that now is the time to give those families some respect.

And I agree that any debriefing on how they died would serve no use. Apart from the fact they can't (and the fat buttt moron politicians knew that the first day they started strutting about)... it would not be something I would ever wish on any family. Indeed I regret they saw as much as they did. You're right TPS, it won't bring them back, and would leave images that would scar far beyond anything good that might come. But oh boy.... lets get that news coverage folks... people have a right to know... (like they really gave a real rat's azzzz about anything other than ratings).

I think everyone in the business has to come to some kind of peace knowing what they do is a choice to do it, and that the world might never know... (well until some ignorant politician needs it to be about them).. And I think most know there is a chance that no one will ever know or be told what really happened, or even more so the world will never know anything happened. Hopefully most have prepared their families to accept in the event of their death, it will likely be a mystery, it just will and that's the nature of the beast.... And that the focus really needs to be about dying in service to this country. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell the idiots on capital hill that there ARE rules of engagement. :peace:

And you won't dog since you guys are speculating and THINK you got it right.   Since you don't have the clearance or need to know then you never will.  I thought i had you on Ignore.

Who cares what is right or wrong...you never had live lead headin' your way...when a Brother is activated,'' All Hell '' brakes lose....That's when you pensil pushers put in your imput...CSRTM had my back....want to play?????????

Like the post above Tiger give me the NAMES . Show me a list. I will personally verify by calling these people.

I question your sources due to the fact that the last pic that says it shows missing rep. The time has been omitted  . all the other pics show a time and says " LIVE "

The last one dont. Give me a list of names. or else I call BS

Here is a list of members on the Oversight committee.

Here is C-Span video of the hearing.  Note the many vacant seats on both sides.

I don't have the names of all of the members who weren't there for whatever reason.  Perhaps you could get in contact with everybody on the list and ask them if they were there or not.

My thoughts exactly buddy, you beat me to it.  So..............Come on Tigger where are the names?  Or is this another day for the typical liberal mindset, well they did it too, so that makes it ok, so who are THEY?  If it would have been Reps that walked out you libtards would be out in force and breathing fire calling for a lynch mob, get off yourselves already.

That may be your opinion, but as the C-Span video posted above shows, there were many memebers of the committee from both sides who weren't there at the time the family members were giving testimony.

Sadly, it was only Issa who decided to take a photo and tweet about how terrible the democrats were for not being there.  As far as I can tell, no "libtards" have stated how terrible it is that the republican members of the committe were also not there.

The only response has been to point out the hypocrisy of Issa's tweets.

In fact it has only been people such as you who are "breathing fire and calling for a lynch mob".

How about being deliberately blind to what is going on. Both parties are guilty of treason as far as I am concerned but the problem is those who are justifying what the liberals are doing while trying to shift all the blame to the Republicans. The liberal press is helping to covers the sins of the Democrats to keep them in power. Stop with the BS of protecting these criminals because they belong to your party of choice. They all belong in a Peruvian prison.

So, what are the treasonous crimes of both parties?

I see this come up a lot.  Impeach Obama for this, Bush should have been impeached for that, Congress is guilty of treason.......

I rarely see anybody point out the exact, specific examples of such.

Now, to the point that will bring on the negs.

I question why these family members were giving testimony at the hearings.  The hearings are supposedly about what happened at Benghazi.  What light can these people shed on those events?

That is not to question that the family members have valid questions.  They do have questions.  Sadly, however, as others have pointed out, those questions will remain unanswered. 

I also recall the right wing outrage over the families of victims of Sandy Hook speaking out about gun control.  I recall right wing outrage over the President "parading" victims families around in order to gather support for gun control legislation.

I would ask the question, "Is Issa guilty of the same "parading" as the President was charged with?"

• Upvote 2

I think the thing that pushed this over the top was that o tried to use this to make a petty and trivial political statement.

The fact he expected everyone to be so blindly gullible, and then backed it up with nothing but arrogance, having never served or done anything in his life that wasn't just for himself, was just too much.

He has never paid the price to assume that posture, and clinton was only along for the ride.

• Upvote 3

People that go around pushing gun control conveniently forget what Hitler did when he was given control. Instead of taking guns from law abiding citizens, those that use guns to commit crimes should be dealt with in the harshest way. How about this! Since liberals are so interested in giving these people a chance why don't they put their names on a national registry and whenever they want to let one of these criminals out they can go to that registry and choose someone and have these criminals live in their house for one year with their families. ACL lawyers and judges should be at the top of that list. There was a reason that the forefathers placed a Constitutional Amendment in the Constitution giving us the right to bare arms. People who are so adamant about letting Washington violate our Constitutional rights are as guilty as the traitors in Washington. Obama is busy trying to undermine the Constitution and that is treason. Anyone who joins him in that effort are equally guilty. If people don't like the Constitution perhaps they should move to Russia where they dislike it just as much. It is time to take the ultimate welfare package away from the politicians and put someone in office who will act as the servants of the people that they are supposed to be.

• Upvote 2

People that go around pushing gun control conveniently forget what Hitler did when he was given control. Instead of taking guns from law abiding citizens, those that use guns to commit crimes should be dealt with in the harshest way. How about this! Since liberals are so interested in giving these people a chance why don't they put their names on a national registry and whenever they want to let one of these criminals out they can go to that registry and choose someone and have these criminals live in their house for one year with their families. ACL lawyers and judges should be at the top of that list. There was a reason that the forefathers placed a Constitutional Amendment in the Constitution giving us the right to bare arms. People who are so adamant about letting Washington violate our Constitutional rights are as guilty as the traitors in Washington. Obama is busy trying to undermine the Constitution and that is treason. Anyone who joins him in that effort are equally guilty. If people don't like the Constitution perhaps they should move to Russia where they dislike it just as much. It is time to take the ultimate welfare package away from the politicians and put someone in office who ill act as the servants of the people that they are supposed to be.

Damit Dawg, I'm goin' to get a word in edge wise...seems every thing ya throw out is on clue...all I go to say is, ""Ditto""...

• Upvote 1

People that go around pushing gun control conveniently forget what Hitler did when he was given control. Instead of taking guns from law abiding citizens, those that use guns to commit crimes should be dealt with in the harshest way. How about this! Since liberals are so interested in giving these people a chance why don't they put their names on a national registry and whenever they want to let one of these criminals out they can go to that registry and choose someone and have these criminals live in their house for one year with their families. ACL lawyers and judges should be at the top of that list. There was a reason that the forefathers placed a Constitutional Amendment in the Constitution giving us the right to bare arms. People who are so adamant about letting Washington violate our Constitutional rights are as guilty as the traitors in Washington. Obama is busy trying to undermine the Constitution and that is treason. Anyone who joins him in that effort are equally guilty. If people don't like the Constitution perhaps they should move to Russia where they dislike it just as much. It is time to take the ultimate welfare package away from the politicians and put someone in office who will act as the servants of the people that they are supposed to be.

Taking away the "golden parachute", enforcing term limits, and not allowing politicians to become paid lobbies for two full years after office would work magic.

If the only thing these politicians got was bragging rights for quality legislation, instead of a life of luxury, and each one had to be successful in the private sector before and after office, we would see a completely different government.

• Upvote 5

No, no, I didn't say for walking out. I just meant for what they are. lol

But, seriously, I find it curious that "Media Matters" headline says " These Pictures Prove Fox Is Lying: Democrats Didn't Walk Out Of Benghazi Hearing" and then proceed to say both sides are guilty of walking out for whatever reasons. Had they said Fox was misleading or deceptive or one sided in their reporting, it would have been closer to honest than Fox. They just lowered their self to Fox's level.

But thanks for highlighting exactly why MSM has such a bad rep. and we can't trust any of them totally. They all suck. And it sucks to have to research just about anything any of them report before making a post to a story.

Yeah, you can't trust anybody these days.

I remember the days when the news reported, well, the news.

Nowdays the news report their opinion and it's up to the viewer to then go do some hunting and reading to find out if the "news" they were just given is accurate.

The sad part is, to get to the actual facts of anything can take a lot of time and a lot of reading.  Many people don't have the energy, aptitude or time to do this.  So they go with whatever the "news" tells them.  And if what they hear already conforms with their pre-established bias (right or left) all the better.  That just makes it easier to believe.

And that is what mad me angry about Issa's picture, and why I posted my response.

He knew that it would play well on Fox and their ilk, and that most people who saw it, would then proceed to re-post it all around the conservative internet sites.  It's a pretty simple philosophy - show something that paints your opponents in a bad light and then watch it snowball.  Doesn't really matter whether it's an accurate representation or not, because most people won't check.

And it's little tricks like Issa's trick here, that lead people to become disillusioned with the entire process of government.  But that's probably a rant I'll leave for another thread.  And he's not the only one that does it.

Maybe next time somebody brings up the whole demonicliberalzombiekenyanmuslimatheistantichrist thing.

• Upvote 2

I know there are many things that we as the American people will never be privy too, but My heart is with these families!  I can't even imagine and I pray to God I never have feel the pain and disgust they do!  IMO, the whole thing stinks of a political save.  I feel sorry for the souls who did this. They may never see atonement on earth, but they will when they face God.  I pray for these families,  I'll let God take care of the rest.

Well said.

And all this time I thought you were the cockpit.

I guess you think it was funny that 200+ Marines were killed that day Flat.  When the ground shakes and you see a smoke plume in the distance no i was not in a cockpit. 

Who cares what is right or wrong...you never had live lead headin' your way...when a Brother is activated,'' All Hell '' brakes lose....That's when you pensil pushers put in your imput...CSRTM had my back....want to play?????????

No skeet, i have had lead heading in, over my head and landing in my area.  Pencil pusher sit behind a desk not go to the internet cafe and post comments,

TPS you are missing the point that we had the time and the means to have stopped this. This is not about what they were doing. It is about why we did nothing to protect them. Reinforcements were denied intentionally so these men would be killed. If it was my family that was sacrificed to further someone's political career there would be a reckoning. It would either be done in a court room or from a roof top. I personally would prefer the latter of the two. Either way someone would pay.

Roadrunner

Roadrunner if the calvary had come to the rescue, do they know if it was a trap?  You remember those soliders who raped and killed that iraqi girl?  Well the insurgents caused a disturbance, the react force came riding to rescue and they got split up and 2 soliders were abuducted they scoured Iraq looking for them, both Iraqi and Americans troops were looking for them reason i know is there were no air assets for transport all was used looking for them i had to remain at a base for an extended period of time.  One was found in the river and the other tied to a tree with his man parts stuck in his mouth.  You do not know what trap was set because and further loss of life would make things better?  No it was not a furthering of a career it was less lives lost that is why react team did not show up.  Was their a carrier parked off the cost to launch a mission it would have been a unit air dropped with what support?  unless you were dropped 250+ into the LZ with supporting arms it would been more dead.  Some of those who are hollering about this didn't think about the react force size and capablities. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

There was both a MSG detachment and a Marine FAST team available. Both could have been there in less than one hour. If you think a crowd of radicals like that could trap a detachment of US Marines, you have apparently never seen the Marines in combat. You should have been in Fallujah. Maybe you would have learned something. We could banter back and forth for weeks about the possible "what if" scenarios, but I stand by my opinion that they were intentionally allowed to be over run. My grand father used to say "If you ague with a pig, you only accomplish two things. 1. you get upset for no reason; and 2. you confuse the pig". I should have taken his advice earlier in the thread. With that thought in mind, I guess I am done with the conversation.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Published on Sep 19, 2013

9/19/13 - Pat Smith, the mother of Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith who died in the September 11, 2012, attack on an American consulate in Benghazi, appeared before a congressional committee on Thursday investigating the government's response to that attack. She insisted that she was repeatedly lied to by President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, former Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton, National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta who all immediately blamed the attack on the spontaneous demonstrations arising in response to a YouTube video. 

"I was told a few things and they were all lies," Smith said. "Obama, and Hillarious, and Panetta, and Susan [Rice] all came up to me at the casket ceremony -- every one of them came up to me, gave me a big hug -- and I asked them what happened."

RELATED: Cindy Sheehan vs. Pat Smith: How The Media Continues To Serve As Obama's Bodyguard

"And every one of them says, 'it was the video,' and we all know that it wasn't the video," she continued. "Even at that time, they knew it wasn't the video."

"So, they all lied to me," Smith continued.

"I don't count," she added. "People of America don't count. The only thing that counts is their own selves and their own jobs."

Father Of Benghazi Victim: We Have No Justice, Very Few Truthful Answers About Benghazi

Edited by yota691

There was both a MSG detachment and a Marine FAST team available. Both could have been there in less than one hour. If you think a crowd of radicals like that could trap a detachment of US Marines, you have apparently never seen the Marines in combat. You should have been in Fallujah. Maybe you would have learned something. We could banter back and forth for weeks about the possible "what if" scenarios, but I stand by my opinion that they were intentionally allowed to be over run. My grand father used to say "If you ague with a pig, you only accomplish two things. 1. you get upset for no reason; and 2. you confuse the pig". I should have taken his advice earlier in the thread. With that thought in mind, I guess I am done with the conversation.

Roadrunner

I do so like your style Runner guess he will be putting you on his ignore list to buddy.

Stay safe Runner 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Roadrunner

MSG are for internal security only, security of the classified material, government property and personnel.  Avg size is 6-40 depending on the size of the embassy.  There are no what if's, Roadrunner.  I have seen Marines in combat and of course i am a former Marine.  So please don't lecture me about what Marines can and cannot do.  Well you opinion is your opinion and i respect that so if you put the pieces together which you have choose not to so then leave it at that.  The FAST team would have been deployed if needed.  I guess they would have to jump in because there was no support in that part of Libya besides that would be considered a invasion and that would be more to discuss in washington I.E asking congress for permission you know how long that takes look at the gridlock now.  If you didn't know the host country is responsible for the external security of a consulate or embassy.  The MSG's at Main Embassy would not have been sent because they were needed there.  IF the RSO in Tripoli saw a need they would have a detachment.  Since i have stood post at 3 embassy and other special assignments i may know a little bit more about what goes on when the sand hits the fan.  I think you are wise sir to just be done with this conversation.  The Marines in the Anbar province were sent there because the Army was getting their Asses handed to them.  The Marines took a Shitey situation and kick some serious Arse.  They lost alot of men there but the insurgents knew who to mess with and who not to.  Thank Roadrunner for your comment.

MSG are for internal security only, security of the classified material, government property and personnel.  Avg size is 6-40 depending on the size of the embassy.  There are no what if's, Roadrunner.  I have seen Marines in combat and of course i am a former Marine.  So please don't lecture me about what Marines can and cannot do.  Well you opinion is your opinion and i respect that so if you put the pieces together which you have choose not to so then leave it at that.  The FAST team would have been deployed if needed.  I guess they would have to jump in because there was no support in that part of Libya besides that would be considered a invasion and that would be more to discuss in washington I.E asking congress for permission you know how long that takes look at the gridlock now.  If you didn't know the host country is responsible for the external security of a consulate or embassy.  The MSG's at Main Embassy would not have been sent because they were needed there.  IF the RSO in Tripoli saw a need they would have a detachment.  Since i have stood post at 3 embassy and other special assignments i may know a little bit more about what goes on when the sand hits the fan.  I think you are wise sir to just be done with this conversation.  The Marines in the Anbar province were sent there because the Army was getting their Asses handed to them.  The Marines took a Shitey situation and kick some serious Arse.  They lost alot of men there but the insurgents knew who to mess with and who not to.  Thank Roadrunner for your comments and stay safe. 

• Upvote 3

Did they say why they left?

Does anybody know?

They left because they don't seem to understand that accountability is in order for their Marxist party. They believe there is no responsibility for their collective actions. So even put them in a position that requires an explanation.

I do so like your style Runner guess he will be putting you on his ignore list to buddy.

Stay safe Runner 

Dog some one neged you. I evened you out (+1).   Just caus!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Negatives, well i guess they didn't like what they heard.  Again like i said before but no one was listening.  Black op that went wrong.  Once you are stuck on something nothing will ever change your mind.

+1

I don't support a lot of things happening in DC. I also understand that not even Congress fully understands what 'black ops' are doing and the extent of their involvement in major events. So how can either Republicans or Democrats, Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton or Obama 'get in front' of these kinds of things?

Only a handful of people know the TOTAL truth about Bengazi, and they're not saying. So the question is; should the government ever explain secret operations of black ops to the general public, let alone black ops mistakes? Because, to do so will reveal many other layers of undercover activities. I contend that this cannot be done without opening a can of large, messy and complicated worms.

Believe it or not, most Americans are pretty naïve about many things. Only one is the plethora of 'dirty things' sustaining the veneer of freedoms we presently enjoy.  My sympathy, of course, goes to the family victims of Bengazi. But, odds are they will never be told the FULL truth, as is the case of other family members of CIA operatives killed 'in the line of duty'.  Still, it's sad that they are left to conjecture and dependence on piecemeal information.

Edited by Wayfarer

Stuff happens bro. I am not going to let it keep me awake tonight. I never should have let myself get drawn into this conversation in the first place.

Roadrunner

Not going to put you on the ignore list Road, you have been where i have so i respect your opinion.  Now as for those who are on the ignore list who just holler just to holler and have never step foot into the middle east and happen to see what really goes on they are on the ignore list.  Better not to joist with them because all they read is what speculators put out there for them to run with.

• Upvote 2

The slimy Democrats on the House Oversight Committee shamelessly walked out during testimony of Benghazi victim family members Patricia Smith is the mother of Sean Smith and Charles Woods is the father of Ty Woods. Here are the names of the disgusting Democrats who make up the House Oversight Committee and who should be ashamed of themselves:

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (NY-14)

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)

Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)

Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1)

Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-9)

Rep. Jim Cooper (TN-5)

Rep. Gerald Connolly (VA-11)

Rep. Matt Cartwright (PA-17)

Rep. Mark Pocan (WI-2)

Rep. Tammy Duckworth (IL-8)

Rep. Danny K. Davis (IL-7)

Rep. Peter Welch (VT)

Rep. Tony Cardenas (CA-29)

Rep. Steve Horsford (NV-4)

Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM-1)

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2013/09/19/names-democrats-house-oversight-committee-walked-benghazi-victim-family-members/

Amazing the pathetic reaction to this tiny diplomatic outpost fiasco....there were countless attacks 20 times worse under Bush, including 9/11 and the lies he made to get us into Iraq for WMD's....and how he tried very hard to do the same thing in Iran ---you guys are bellyaching over a tiny thing like this...amazing how much denial you have.

There's also no climate change, evolution isn't science, God is, and you can't understand why the Iranians hate us (because you don't read history....LOL  

You guys are a constant source of humor. Thank God you are now the minority voting bloc in this country.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

No problem. This would be a very boring world if everybody agreed on everything. I generally try to avoid online debates anyway. I never saw any benefit in it.

Roadrunner

Not to mention when talking about this stuff.... I usually end up going where I wish I hadn't gone and hope no one noticed.....

• Upvote 3