Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1 Million Truckers to Protest Obama By Shutting Down America

I hope they pull it off and get an overwhelming response.

One week after nearly a million patriotic bikers converged on Washington, D.C. for the 12th anniversary of 9/11, a large group of truckers has announced its plans to halt commerce across the nation for next month. The strike is planned as a response to D.C. “corruption that is destroying America,” according to the movement’s Facebook page.

Organizers say that truckers taking part in the strike will not haul freight for three days, beginning Oct. 11. A social media campaign launched earlier this week has already garnered tens of thousands of supporters.

The event is set to include a convoy to the nation’s capital, and early feedback shows that many drivers are eager to join the movement.

Photos of trucks and drivers planning to take part in the event are consistently being posted to the Facebook page, “Truckers to Shut Down America,” and many who cannot join are pledging to keep their rigs parked during the strike.

If successful, the strike could result in significant gridlock — both on the streets of Washington, D.C. and between points of delivery throughout the nation.

According to the movement’s social media administrators, the three-day strike hopes to accomplish three specific goals. In addition to interrupting truck deliveries and engaging in the trucker convoy, organizers hope to elicit support from the general population.

Calling for a general strike among American citizens of all stripes, the final objective is “No shopping. No paying bills. No using money for three days.”

Unquestionably a lofty goal, a large number of Facebook users seem inclined to take part.

“Thank you Truckers for speaking for all of us,” wrote one supporter.

Many contend that any initial sting from missed deliveries is a small price to pay if the federal government actually hears the message.

“I can survive just fine for 30 days or however long it takes to restock after the shutdown,” another poster stated.

It remains to be seen whether this movement will succeed in opening the eyes of those in Washington or be largely ignored (a la the 9/11 biker rally.) One fact is indisputable, though: millions of Americans — bikers, truckers, and everyone in between — are fed up with the status quo in the federal government and are prepared to go to great lengths to preserve this great nation for future generations.

Public rallies against our corrupt leaders are becoming a common occurrence, and this planned strike will surely not be the last such outcry. Barack Obama made good on his 2008 campaign promise of bringing change to America. Grassroots outrage among patriotic Americans is the first step toward finally changing the nation back.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/1-million-truckers-to-protest-obama-by-shutting-america-down/

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully these guys have their sites on something a bit more consequential than one guy.... It would be nice if they were to join the first group in demanding no fundamental change in laws that breach the Constitution. Period.

It would be nice if their voice could undo the despicable laws already passed in the last decade while they were at it.

• Upvote 5

***///

We heard about this a couple of days ago and decided they could last longer than 3 days...

those cabs have all the comforts of home in them, so they can just hunker down and hang !

We also planned to not shop, pay bills or buy gas for the days they are idle in support of them.

God Bless every single one of them for standing up for The Republic ! :salute:

• Upvote 5

Great idea gals if this country was to pull together for just one day and not buy gas.

It would have the powers that be. crapping themselves.

Obummer and his cronies would be toning it down a notch or two 

You can take that to the bank.

The fat cat bankers would be telling them to make nicey nicey  

or head will roll

• Upvote 1

I'm curious as to what, specifically, they are protesting.

Let me say, I have no issue with what they are planning.  Free societies allow peaceful protest, and if they can organise something like this, then more power to them.

I do think that they need to really identify what their purpose is though.

What outcome are they looking for from their actions?

If they don't have a specific set of goals, points they want to highlight, and expected outcomes, I can't really see the benefit.

What are their demands - if they don't have them, what response are they anticipating from politicians?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It will merely drive up the price for merchandise, and I don't see how not paying bills for 3 days will benefit people, don't pay your bills and you screw yourself, not the politicians. Sorry, I just don't see the logic.

If you want to 'hurt' these bloated politicians, get some savvy hackers together to drain all their accounts and hidden assets so they have ------0------, THEN get their asses fired, welcome to the poor house.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Let me say, I have no issue with what they are planning.  Free societies allow peaceful protest, and if they can organise something like this, then more power to them.

If they don't have a specific set of goals, points they want to highlight, and expected outcomes, I can't really see the benefit.

What are their demands - if they don't have them, what response are they anticipating from politicians?

“corruption that is destroying America”

You have a good point there Tigerstripes... what is the purpose?

How is this effective if you do not identify the specific issues?

Are they talking about "civil liberties" or "gun rights" or "not supporting oil wars"?

• Upvote 1

I hope they pull it off and get an overwhelming response.

One week after nearly a million patriotic bikers converged on Washington, D.C. for the 12th anniversary of 9/11, a large group of truckers has announced its plans to halt commerce across the nation for next month. The strike is planned as a response to D.C. “corruption that is destroying America,” according to the movement’s Facebook page.

Organizers say that truckers taking part in the strike will not haul freight for three days, beginning Oct. 11. A social media campaign launched earlier this week has already garnered tens of thousands of supporters.

The event is set to include a convoy to the nation’s capital, and early feedback shows that many drivers are eager to join the movement.

Photos of trucks and drivers planning to take part in the event are consistently being posted to the Facebook page, “Truckers to Shut Down America,” and many who cannot join are pledging to keep their rigs parked during the strike.

If successful, the strike could result in significant gridlock — both on the streets of Washington, D.C. and between points of delivery throughout the nation.

According to the movement’s social media administrators, the three-day strike hopes to accomplish three specific goals. In addition to interrupting truck deliveries and engaging in the trucker convoy, organizers hope to elicit support from the general population.

Calling for a general strike among American citizens of all stripes, the final objective is “No shopping. No paying bills. No using money for three days.”

Unquestionably a lofty goal, a large number of Facebook users seem inclined to take part.

“Thank you Truckers for speaking for all of us,” wrote one supporter.

Many contend that any initial sting from missed deliveries is a small price to pay if the federal government actually hears the message.

“I can survive just fine for 30 days or however long it takes to restock after the shutdown,” another poster stated.

It remains to be seen whether this movement will succeed in opening the eyes of those in Washington or be largely ignored (a la the 9/11 biker rally.) One fact is indisputable, though: millions of Americans — bikers, truckers, and everyone in between — are fed up with the status quo in the federal government and are prepared to go to great lengths to preserve this great nation for future generations.

Public rallies against our corrupt leaders are becoming a common occurrence, and this planned strike will surely not be the last such outcry. Barack Obama made good on his 2008 campaign promise of bringing change to America. Grassroots outrage among patriotic Americans is the first step toward finally changing the nation back.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/1-million-truckers-to-protest-obama-by-shutting-america-down/

***///

Protesting the abuse by the current regime of Our Constitution is as good a reason to stand up and

say "enough" as ever there was.....

Those of you pooh-poohing their resolve to be heard as Americans are just sitting at your computers in

your underwear like a bunch of slackers who instead should be joining in their cause to get the regimes' attention.

QUOTE:

"Grassroots outrage among Patriotic Americans is the first step toward finally changing The Nation back."

So -- you naysayers and slackers go right ahead and do nothing except cast aspersions at those of US who are

doing the heavy lifting for you...

You're ignorance, laziness and weakness proves you are incapable of the shame you should be feeling right now.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

This could be interesting.  I will wait patiently and see if it truly comes to fruition.  On a side note:  Having lived in the beltway area, for them to create gridlock.......they would need to weave their way through the gridlock already in place.  Good luck with that.   :huh:  Also, I would think trucking companies will frown on this sort of thing.  They live by deadlines.  It seems as if the only people to be hurt by this sort of thing is the American citizen.  Just thinking out loud.  

GO RV, then BV

***///

Those of you pooh-poohing their resolve to be heard as Americans are just sitting at your computers in

your underwear like a bunch of slackers who instead should be joining in their cause to get the regimes' attention.

I don't think I have enough time to enroll in the Ronco School of Big Rigs, complete the course, acquire a CDL and be in D.C. by the aforementioned date..........By the way, what do you think of my "Hello Kitty" skivvies?   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

"Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13. The American people are bleeding out with no relief in sight, It is time to change the NEWS. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend.

Bob tail it hammer down to the bull$hit city with flags flying high.

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th.

Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices."

Robert Kennedy may have said it best:

A revolution is coming —a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough —But a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affect its character; we cannot alter its inevitability.

Robert Kennedy Senate Floor May 9, 1966

http://www.infowars.com/convoy-to-d-c-truckers-to-shut-down-america-in-october/

• Upvote 5

Pain.   A little pain through sacrifice is a very effective catalyst of change.   Personally, I sacrifice daily in order to produce results I need, or desire.   Collectively, that is noticed.... so such would be the purpose!

I don't think I have enough time to enroll in the Ronco School of Big Rigs, complete the course, acquire a CDL and be in D.C. by the aforementioned date..........By the way, what do you think of my "Hello Kitty" skivvies?   :shrug: 

***///

SHABS -- they are not expecting you, trust us on that one. Everyone was told to leave their pets at home, as it won't be a good environment for them -- this includes pet weasels such as yerself. :P

Your "HelloKitty' skivvies are mildly disturbing as we feel sorry for the child you took them from. :huh: You're creepy.

Kato Kalin has a new line of lounge-wear out for your ilk.  Look into it, even has a pocket for your remote control ! :wave:  ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

There's one perspective on this that many here would enjoy hearing from and that's LGD. His insights and experience to much of what's happening is always great food for thought!! I appreciate and look for his posts and always learn something new.

• Upvote 1

This could be interesting.  I will wait patiently and see if it truly comes to fruition.  On a side note:  Having lived in the beltway area, for them to create gridlock.......they would need to weave their way through the gridlock already in place.  Good luck with that.   :huh:  Also, I would think trucking companies will frown on this sort of thing.  They live by deadlines.  It seems as if the only people to be hurt by this sort of thing is the American citizen.  Just thinking out loud.  

GO RV, then BV

GO RV, then BV

Ummm... I think "Hello Kitty" skivvies are adorable. :blush:  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13.. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend.

Boom there it is.... Thanks DMillionaire for clarifying.... There's a whole nest of rascals who need tuning up.

GO RV, then BV

GO RV, then BV

Hey Shabs, guess some don't understand that because you don't have couch conferred rank and spent  real years  earning the privilege and right to call yourself a Sergeant and use that rank as part of your name... you have the right to be  comfortable in your own skin brother and don't have to prove anything, to anyone... you already did. And it was real. Dude you can wear bunny slippers with those skivies if you want to.... It would be shameful to ignore your very real  service to this country as a very real Sgt who proved himself worthy of that title long ago. Honour demands breaking any silence that would deprive you of the respect and rank you earned.  Your dry humour carries an intelligence that perhaps escapes some. I hope it does not discourage you from sharing a different perspective on how to skin the same cat. Carry on Sergeant :salute:

I already know who is going to neg me, the only question is how many seconds it will take you to do so.... Go for it. I'm proud to stand behind my troops and will not  back down from defending them. .

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Boom there it is.... Thanks DMillionaire for clarifying.... There's a whole nest of rascals who need tuning up.

Hey Shabs, guess some don't understand that because you don't have couch conferred rank and spent  real years  earning the privilege and right to call yourself a Sergeant and use that rank as part of your name... you have the right to be  comfortable in your own skin brother and don't have to prove anything, to anyone... you already did. And it was real. Dude you can wear bunny slippers with those skivies if you want to.... It would be shameful to ignore your very real  service to this country as a very real Sgt who proved himself worthy of that title long ago. Honour demands breaking any silence that would deprive you of the respect and rank you earned.  Your dry humour carries an intelligence that perhaps escapes some. I hope it does not discourage you from sharing a different perspective on how to skin the same cat. Carry on Sergeant :salute:

I already know who is going to neg me, the only question is how many seconds it will take you to do so.... Go for it. I'm proud to stand behind my troops and will not  back down from defending them. .

+1 razur 

I knew from the first time i ever read his stuff my boy shabs was a 

smart a$$  yep   :)

Shabs  all kidding aside

Thank you for your service 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All I can say is I hope this does get off the ground.  I will do the 3 days to stand firm. Heck - I'll even buy "My Little Pony" skivvies and wear them for 3 days of that will help! (But no pictures please..)

For myself - heck, that's an easy plan. I usually only go shopping twice a month anyways. We MT dwellers tend to have full freezers and pantries. Just the nature of the beast and the way we were raised. :shrug:

I fill my vehicles and my jerry cans - can get by for 2 weeks unless I have an emergency in another town.  (Need to make sure my tires are properly inflated... :P

Not spending money for three days?  Usually do that around the end of the month anyways  *lol*  :twocents:

Oh yea - and Rayzur - +1.  I got your 6.

• Upvote 3

***///

SHABS -- they are not expecting you, trust us on that one. Everyone was told to leave their pets at home, as it won't be a good environment for them -- this includes pet weasels such as yerself. :P

Your "HelloKitty' skivvies are mildly disturbing as we feel sorry for the child you took them from. :huh: You're creepy.

Kato Kalin has a new line of lounge-wear out for your ilk.  Look into it, even has a pocket for your remote control ! :wave:  ;)

How can a post that borders on calling a member a pedofile be in accordance with the forum rules.

This is appalling!

Thank You For Your Service Shabs.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1