Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 9-18-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

[Adam montana]
official chat NO KICKING

[
Adam montana]
ok, good morning everyone! Unfortunately it looks like our normal chat provider has neglected to pay their electric bill and our chat is offline. 9:20 AM

[
Adam montana]
Thankfully we have a backup plan, so we will still get to post the weekly update and Q&A session.
I'm just going to cut to the chase this morning and lay it out very briefly. There is no need to fluff anything up or spend a lot of time yacking about the current situation in Iraq... it's actually very simple right now.

[
Adam Montana] First, there is a LOT of news about Iraq joining the WTO. This is great, but there are two things to consider here.

[
Adam Montana] 1. A bunch of the "gurus" are saying that Iraq must have a currency with a higher value in order to be accepted. Some are saying that they can't RV until they are accepted. And others are saying they must RV before they are accepted. None of that is true - there is no "mandatory" currency value for joining the WTO.... HOWEVER, there is ONE little tidbit that most people haven't caught.

[
Adam Montana] In order for Iraq to be accepted into the WTO, they have to be approved by the current members of the WTO. In this approval process, they MAY impose certain requirements. These "requirements" are not specifically explained, which gives the members of the WTO the ability to make these "requirements" whatever they want... and they COULD tell Iraq that they aren't going to approve their application until they raise the value, or even something else

like concluding the HCL.

[
Adam Montana] 2. Although getting into the WTO isn't a requirement for raising the value of their currency, a WTO membership will look VERY good for Iraq, enhancing their ability to raise and maintain the value of their currency.
Conclusion? This WTO talk is GREAT for us, it's exactly what we want to hear.

[
Adam Montana] In addition to that, the "tempo" of news regarding the HCL has been increasing and in my opinion getting more substantial.

[
Adam Montana] These two things - the HCL and the WTO - are good indicators that things are picking up speed again. I won't be giving any estimate of how much speed they are picking up, so you won't get a date or rate from me today... but things are going in the right direction. Buckle up, kids! :tiphat:

[
Adam Montana]  And on that note, I'll take the weekly questions. We have a short list this week (All duplicates were removed, as well as some of the WTO related questions simply because I covered it above)

[
Adam Montana] Fire away!

[KCW] cooked Forgive me if I've missed this before. Do you honestly believe that Iraq can make dramatic changes in their economy with the growing violence?

[
Adam Montana]  Good morning cooked, no need to apologize. I don't think the violence in Iraq is "growing" as much as you seem to think. Newspapers and TV are able to sell more ads (make more money) with negative news than with positive, so of course they will focus on the negative... but I truly believe Iraq is making more positive progress than some outlets will let you believe. :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] next please!

[KCW] HBO Hi Adam. I've read some news about Iraq is near to WTO full membership. In your opinion, how important this WTO membership for Iraq to RV their currency? Are they related? Or this WTO news is nowhere near for Iraq to RV their currency? Thanks and have a good day.

[
Adam Montana] Hi HBO. I think I covered that in my opening summary.

[
Adam Montana] next Please!

[KCW] HOPEFULONE Hi, Adam. This is my first question since I've joined. I just saw the article about Kuwait adopting a new plastic-based currency, primarily saying that it will be more durable as the main reason and following other countries who are planning to do the same. In your opinion, do you think there may be more to it and will there be have any impact on any Iraqi RV plans? Thanks in advance.

[
Adam Montana] HOPEFULONE, thanks for the question... I had to think about that one for a bit before deciding on my response.

[
Adam Montana] If you've been around long enough, you might have heard talk of a single currency in the Middle East - where Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, etc would all use the same currency. Until that happens, I don't think anything Kuwait does with it's currency will have a major impact on the value of Iraq's currency. :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] next Please!

[KCW] chess ADAM: Seems like all 3 sects would greatly benefit from a RV. HCL not withstanding. Which one, in your opinion, would be tending to hold it up, and why?......thanks

[
Adam Montana]  chess, I agree - all parties involved WILL benefit from an RV! I have to go back to the HCL on this one - the Hydro Carbon Law is what is holding us up. Until they find a middle ground on oil revenue, "who gets what", they will not raise the value. They want to know who is getting what out of the increased value!

[

[KCW] PrettyKitty hey Adam: I noticed that you don't talk much about VND. Do you think it will RV soon, even if not in the "basket", or do you just not have any interest in the VND? Thank you, have a great day.

[
Adam Montana] (dang kids)

[
Adam Montana] Hi PK, thanks for the question. I don't believe the VND has as much potential as the IQD. I think it is going to increase in value, so I have some... but they don't have the same resources as Iraq.

[

[KCW] Candy01 Hi Adam, There is a "meeting of Honor" coming up this Thursday, 8/19. Do you think this is the long-awaited National Meeting? How will this impact the RV?

Thanks Much as always!!

[
Adam Montana]  Hi Candy - I apologize, but I have not done a ton of research on this particular meeting. I'll have to plead the 5th on this one.

[

[KCW] fred5688 It sounds like they are working on hcl. If so when would they vote on this. Do you think this will happen this year. Just your opinion, Thanks for all you are doing

[
Adam Montana] Hey Fred! I agree with you, it does look like progress is being made on the HCL. I don't think we will get a huge advance notice on when they will vote, just like we didn't get a ton of notice on Chapter 7... but I do think there is time yet this year. We will see.

[

[KCW] PrettyKitty adam, I didn't know if I could ask a second question: if so, with this new oversea's banking laws that keep popping up, making people close their accounts, and some do not even want americans, will this effect us that are still looking at Belize? thank you again.

[
Adam Montana]  The overseas banking landscape is always changing. At this time, we are still safe with our VIP/OSI banking strategies. :tiphat:

[
Adam Montana]  That was it for this week! I hope to see the chatroom come back online soon(LY), but if it doesn't I will come up with a solution. Thank you all for understanding and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a great day!

/End

[
KCW] kicked Adam :lol:

[VIZIOIRAQI]Adding to the WTO section Iraq's banking must be matched with everyone in the WTO on there Banking regulations their banking must be up to par with the rest of the countries in the WTO for Security reasons the system has to be safe and trusted . Iraq is not in the Forex for that very reason there regulations leave room for scandals and people losing there money. If Iraq indeed makes it in the WTO you will then see them soon after on Forex.!

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Hmm - just thinking out loud here - but if Adam had a back up plan for his "chat" when the chat provider was down - then he has back up plans for other inevetabilities. His stock just went up a couple points with me!

Adam and Mods - as usual, great job and thanks for allowing us to get our Wednesday "Chat fix" without even a real chat!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ok maybe the HCL has something to do with the RV. But as long as the USDollar is supporting them, why would they want to RV? They need to get the USD out of Iraq, or at least start to dwindle some of USD , then we will see a RV..Of course this is just my lousy opinion......

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 1