Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Close to Home: Prayer Request

pattyangel

I don't know where to begin, just numb and trying to stay focused.  Help with prayers!!!!  :praying:

My sweet dear sister, her husband, my dear sweet brother-in-law, found out that he has pancreatic cancer, and possibly has traveled to the lungs. (not looking good, at the moment) He will be having a biopsy done in the early morning hours. Until then, we won't know the full blown picture of what is going on.  The severity of it. 

I will be there holding her hand and praying with her.  I just need a little strength to carry me and to be ready to be her strength. Its hard to see a family member hurt so much, you can feel their fear, sort of a shock emotion, a daze, along with all the tears.  We sisters are very close so we kind of carry a lot of our pain for each other. All I can do is pray and love on her, hold her and wipe her tears.  God will do the rest.  He is our healer, our blanket of comfort

They've been married for 37yrs, he's 58.  

Thank you all in advance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes, he does Waterman and yes we have laid hands on him.  We did that today, we gather all the brothers and sisters and his family in one place and prayed over him.  He left with an calmness.  God's comfort is mighty.  I believe it is all in His hands. 

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 1

Patty,

My prayers are with you.  I pray for God's grace to cover you and give you peace and most of all to give peace and grace to your sister to endure this journey. I pray for healing for your brother in law and I pray that God with His healing hands touch your brother in law and by His stripes, he is healed.  I pray God will come with His laser light and burn all cancel cells in his body in Jesus name.  I pray for peace and comfort and most of all cover him with grace.  

Keep us posted :)

• Upvote 2

So sorry to hear this. Prayer and the knowledge that the Holy Spirit can heal can bring peace.

We had a dear friend with stage four cancer, total surgery with colonoscopy , come to stay with us each

Week for a year while she had chemo and radiation plus alternative methods plus prayer and two year later she is

Cancer free. We all believe it was prayer that did it.

Prayer and the love of God. May they be blessed.

• Upvote 2

I don't know where to begin, just numb and trying to stay focused.  Help with prayers!!!!  :praying:

My sweet dear sister, her husband, my dear sweet brother-in-law, found out that he has pancreatic cancer, and possibly has traveled to the lungs. (not looking good, at the moment) He will be having a biopsy done in the early morning hours. Until then, we won't know the full blown picture of what is going on.  The severity of it. 

I will be there holding her hand and praying with her.  I just need a little strength to carry me and to be ready to be her strength. Its hard to see a family member hurt so much, you can feel their fear, sort of a shock emotion, a daze, along with all the tears.  We sisters are very close so we kind of carry a lot of our pain for each other. All I can do is pray and love on her, hold her and wipe her tears.  God will do the rest.  He is our healer, our blanket of comfort

They've been married for 37yrs, he's 58.  

Thank you all in advance. 

Here is my update on my brother in law.  He had his biopsy this morning and it shows that it has traveled to his organs.  His lungs and liver.  They will start Chemo first thing in the morning. My dear sister is devastated and is struggling with it.  Now its time to step back and be with her.   

I will step away from DV for an indefinite time.  I may do a late night drive by... whenever I can. 

You've always come to my beckon call, you've never let me down.  I want you all to know that I feel your strength each time I asked you for prayers.  I want you to know, that you all also hold a special place in my heart, and all your words I will hold dear to me. 

As I travel this challenge with my sister, please continue to keep me in your prayers.   

May God's Blessings surround you and your family's.  May you allow Him to love you, has He has loved me. 

God Bless

Patty

• Upvote 1

Patty,

My prayers are with you.  I pray for God's grace to cover you and give you peace and most of all to give peace and grace to your sister to endure this journey. I pray for healing for your brother in law and I pray that God with His healing hands touch your brother in law and by His stripes, he is healed.  I pray God will come with His laser light and burn all cancel cells in his body in Jesus name.  I pray for peace and comfort and most of all cover him with grace.  

Keep us posted :)

AMEN

• Upvote 1

PattyAngel – there is something magical about sisters and that relationship that transcends most everything. My prayer for you is that you keep the strength and are able to maintain that strength for her and your brother-in-law – as right now they need the power that God is flowing through you.

I understand that fear and lost feeling that your family is sensing; God brings the peace that passes all understanding and why they went into the biopsy in a serene manner.

You and your family will remain in my prayers, God has healed so many that I’ve been in contact with and have knowledge of the success of healing. I believe and stand with you that God wants to heal him – God, You are the One we turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from his body. Amen

Blessings and hugs to you PA, Sage.

• Upvote 2

Patty - will definilty add your family to my prayers. We know how powerful the DV family can be as prayer warriors.

Dear God - you are the source of health and healing. Dwell in the presence of Patty's family bringing your comfort and healting to all of them. Giver her brother in law strength and peace, cleansing his body of the invading cancer. We ask this through your son, Jesus Christ, who healed so many during his time on our earth. Amen.  

• Upvote 1

I really appreciate all the beautiful prayers.  Thank you all so much. 

Just stopping by to give you a brief update on how he is doing.  He is diagnosed with advanced Adenocarcinoma.

The prognosis is painful, dreadful, and frightening.

Without Chemo his longevity is 3 months, with Chemo his longevity 11-12 months, give or take.  :(

I know God has His arms surrounding us with Mighty peace and comfort.  I know God is in control, we will accept what he puts forth.  

Again thank you and may the blessings of the Lord surround each of you. 

Edited by pattyangel

He started his Chemo and its kicking him badly.  He's being such a sport in holding back his discomfort for my sister.  :(  Our family, as a whole, we have been offering up our prayers for him and it has shown its power at times. Some days he shows such great comfort, and than there are sleepless nights for him.   

We will walk with him during this time, and with Christ at our side.   

Thanks everyone for your continue prayers. 

• Upvote 2