Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Leader of Syrian Rebel Group Calls For Attacks Inside US

Doctor Smith

Leader of Syrian Rebel Group Calls For Attacks Inside US

• printer_famfamfam.gif youtube.png podcast.png pptv.png twitter.png facebook.png cart.png

…And he also just happens to be the head of Al-Qaeda

Paul Joseph Watson

Infowars.com

September 13, 2013

Ayman al-Zawahri, the leader of Jabhat al-Nusra, which is the primary opposition fighting force in Syria, has called for terror attacks inside the United States.

130913zawa.jpg

Image: Ayman al-Zawahri (left)

Al-Zawahri just happens to be the leader of another group you might have heard of….Al-Qaeda.

“Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri urged small-scale attacks inside the United States to “bleed America economically”, adding he hoped eventually to see a more significant strike,” 

“We should bleed America economically by provoking it to continue in its massive expenditure on its security, for the weak point of America is its economy, which has already begun to stagger due to the military and security expenditure,” he said.

As the Bipartisan Policy Center highlighted in a report released earlier this week, al-Zawahri took control of Jabhat al-Nusra when he “personally intervened to settle a dispute between Jabhat al-Nusra and al-Qaeda in Iraq….and declared the Syrian group to be under his direction.”

Jabhat al-Nusra, which according to reports is “essential to the frontline operations of the rebels fighting to topple Assad” and conducts the “heaviest frontline fighting” in Syria, publicly pledged allegiance to Al-Qaeda earlier this year.

Since then Al-Qaeda, which had previously been on “life support” according to expert Peter Bergen, is now undergoing a process of “revival and resuscitation” by establishing a new foothold in Syria through Jabhat al-Nusra.

Given that Al-Qaeda head Al-Zawahri is now the spiritual leader of the primary Syrian opposition group, it’s unsurprising that opposition militants sing the praises of his predecessor Osama Bin Laden while glorifying the 9/11 attacks.

What should be shocking to Americans is the fact that the CIA is sending weapons to rebels who have pledged allegiance and are defecting to Jabhat al-Nusra in their droves. This is a group responsible for killing US troops in Iraq.

Essentially, the Central Intelligence Agency is arming a terrorist group which is directed by the head of Al-Qaeda, who is simultaneously calling for terror attacks inside the United States – and it’s all being conducted in plain view.

Americans are seeing their tax dollars used to equip terrorists who are an integral part of the same ideology which led to the slaughter of 3,000 Americans in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington 12 years ago this week.

Only through greater understanding of this fact will opposition to the Obama administration’s intervention on the side of the rebels be maintained and a deadly conflict that could lead to a regional war be averted.

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-calls-attacks-inside-united-states-055757870.html

http://www.infowars.com/leader-of-syrian-rebel-group-calls-for-attacks-inside-us/

I  am so sorry and I pray to God everyday, because we the US have lost our compass.  It saddens me to think the US is financing and arming the very few people on the earth that want to Kill us.  The US and our military may, become soldiers of fortune.  See, the whole Syrian thing is about Oil and Money.  Saudi wants wants to build a pipeline between their country and Europe.  Well, Jordan is on board, and gues who is not?  Yes, Syria!  The Saudi's want to bypass the Strait of Hormuz.  Strategically, this will save them an enormous amount of money. Look at the geographics  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mape+of+the+middle+east&id=19EB8E2828154D2D1B48F2F1DC7543CB2F0B4A87&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=19EB8E2828154D2D1B48F2F1DC7543CB2F0B4A87&selectedIndex=0

Why else would Saudi, offer to pay the costs of such an endevour?  Wake up!  It's all about money add oil.

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14

Not going to happen here in the US, it's too far gone, just as it was in the days of Noah. So as it was in the days of Noah, so as it shall be in the coming of The Son of Man.

Wm13

Edited by waterman13

This one is as predictable as rain falling sometime within the year. I'll probably just say this once,... al-Qaeda during its early emergence was a cia data bank.... in essence an email designation and had nothing to do with the “American agent in Afghanistan,” Osama bin Laden. In fact, “al-Qaeda,” the terrorist organization, is a creation of the United States government and the corporate media. And that's not conspiracy,  its historical reality.

Specifically, per documented intelligence (public)  because of the presence of ‘rogue states,’  in the early 80's it became easy for terrorist groups to use the email of the database. This database, was born when the Islamic Bank Development and Islamic Conference Organization bought this system for communication and accounting to handle its needs. They decided to allow other member connected governments to access its network and files, and use some if its memory to communicate with one another (remember, computers and email and all that was not terribly sophisticated,nor its power understood back then).Files associated to the database were called “Q eidat il-Maaloomaat” and “Q eidat i-Taaleemaat” in Arabic. “Those two files were kept in one file called in Arabic ‘Q eidat ilmu’ti’aat’ which is the exact translation of the English word database. But the Arabs commonly used the short word Al Qaida which is the Arabic word for ‘base.’”

And this folks is why there is confusion as to who is aQ,.... as well as assertions of its connection to gov, etc etc... Likely most of what you heard, though seemingly conflicting... is in fact not conflicting when viewed historically.... (that pesky history again)..

Hence, the email of Al Qaida was used, with some interface system, providing secrecy, for the families of the mujaheddin to keep links with their children undergoing training in Afghanistan, or in Libya or in the Beqaa valley, Lebanon. Or in action anywhere in the battlefields where the extremists sponsored by all the ‘rogue states’ used to fight. And the ‘rogue states’ included Saudi Arabia. When Osama bin Laden was an American agent in Afghanistan, the Al Qaida Intranet was a good communication system through coded or covert messages…. Al Qaida was neither a terrorist group nor Osama bin Laden’s personal property.

Oh well... details... Cut, move to 2013... There is to be sure the emergence of a group of individuals who have taken on the banner of reference as being a group called AQ.... They remain part of the crew working on behalf of US direction, in dealing with the ME "question". Likely they have been infiltrated by "real" rebels... Who knows....Really... who knows.... I doubt we do with any certainty...  Seems a lot easier to start something one thinks is a good idea.... than to keep control of its evolution, especially when you dance with the devil you married, to make it... Law of unintended consequences rules...

So now in 2013 and completely devoid of any factual information there are those trying to attach this to one administration, one period in time... [ a political belief, political party, or to those of a specific political affiliation]; ...all this gunk as if it were some newly emerging news breaking event.... If there is a wrong in understanding aQ.... it would be on the part of  those people whose limited understanding leads them to any of those beliefs.....

And if anything.... part of the threat to  our freedom and demands that there be no fundamental change to our constitution and laws thereafter,.... are those people and every other person who has the need to desperately cling to the belief there is clearly one good side and one bad side, and those lines are drawn by political affiliation and the man they put in office... Really? Do you really believe you live in a country where some superhero bad guy can independently enact everything attributed to this one office? Or, that replacing this superhero bad guy with a different hero with super powers is going to be any different??

Lest our collective memory is fogged.... here's a fairly succinct refresher.... And no, this is not some assertion that what's going on today is any better than what went on in the past.... Indeed, failure or inability to see this as one unfolding continuum absent a grain of  respect for party, affiliation or the man that represents it... will keep those who refuse to scratch the surface.... bound up in  meaningless attacks of paper tigers.

Al Queda is not a creation of the US government.  The mujahideen were Afghani.  Al Queda is Arab.  We supported the mujuhideen, not Al Queda.  There was some crossover because they're all muslim, but Bin Laden was never a CIA operative and wasn't directly funded by the US.  This is conspiracy buff website info, not historical fact.  He used money from his family's construction business to support the mujahideen and later created Maktab al-Khidamat with Abdullah Azzam to fund the resistance in Afghanistan.  After Azzam was assassinated Bin Laden assumed control of MAK.  At that time the radical Al-Zawahiri influenced Bin Laden to make it into an organization to promote global hijad and it became Al Queda.  The US dollars that supported Al Queda came from donations and not from government funding.  Honestly, there's plenty to criticize about the US government without making things up. 

Al Queda is not a creation of the US government.  The mujahideen were Afghani.  Al Queda is Arab.  We supported the mujuhideen, not Al Queda.  There was some crossover because they're all muslim, but Bin Laden was never a CIA operative and wasn't directly funded by the US.  This is conspiracy buff website info, not historical fact.  He used money from his family's construction business to support the mujahideen and later created Maktab al-Khidamat with Abdullah Azzam to fund the resistance in Afghanistan.  After Azzam was assassinated Bin Laden assumed control of MAK.  At that time the radical Al-Zawahiri influenced Bin Laden to make it into an organization to promote global hijad and it became Al Queda.  The US dollars that supported Al Queda came from donations and not from government funding.  Honestly, there's plenty to criticize about the US government without making things up. 

I guess you have the right to state your opinion. They're definitly supporting Al Queda in Syria right now. So why should I believe it was different in the past?  My listed links originated directly from Reuters. Not a so called conspiracy website. Alex Jones picked them up from Reuters.

http://news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-calls-attacks-inside-united-states-055757870.html

• Upvote 1

I was dealing with unpacking and repacking when it hit me that for sake of attempted brevity, I left out some stuff perhaps implying aspects that did not exist... So I'm coming back to give that piece...I hit reply and haven't read comments, as this stands with the other stuff... so to be

clear this is not a response, but addition...

So to the above, please add...

Part of what the original data base held was names of assets, friendlies, families, workers of ME descent who were working with various US agencies on behalf of the US, along with other ME folk. This was not to say it stood as the repository of US information or to imply there was a specific list of guys known to be 'rebels' who we paid to specifically be rebels doing rebel things...., it was a data base on network not of US origin, management or whatever. Those asset names were guys that the cia, among other agencies used/employed for missions in the ME. Remember there were other names on there. Who knows how they referred to these assets as a group... maybe in the old days (by example, not literal) they were referred to as... "that list of guys from the Al-Qaeda data base" became "the aQ guys" and eventually, just the "al-Qaeda" ....... at any time in the various discussions of the aQ, depending upon who referenced it, the time in history, the context, and the intention.... it could have been a ME person working with the US with the best of intentions... (if for example, it was referring to a person on the early database working with/for us)... So in that sense it was created by the USG, in the sense that it was people who were on a list in a group working with the cia and other agencies, (and at the same time... it was people who grouped around agendas that were not necessarily a 'sponsored' group of the US meeting a US mission...

Geez I hope in trying to be brief, I'm not confusing things even more...

As time progressed, those people grouping around other agendas, grew stronger in those agendas... and yet remained assets to the US. During this time, and I would suggest to the present, the US had an abysmal record of defining the critical components of ME life, understanding those components, analyzing the power of those components, and recognizing their place in both choices and consequences. There is no question that the failings of information analysis itself created unintended consequences in the shaping of those groups and/or how mission execution resulted in unintended consequences in terms of where things ended up at the end of the day... (c.f., Iran)... Some of us have even had the pleasure of living through some of these periods, and upon reflection,  have insight along the lines of slapping your forehead and saying..duh...

There is so much I'm leaving out... really trying to stay brief... so hopefully its not too much a leap in logic saying, historical support of a group we now know and refer to today as aQ, might not have been a conscious choice to support the bad guys, depending upon what was going on and the time in history... In today's convoluted world, and a formal group who now identifies as aQ, with a formal structure of beliefs distinguishing them as such... and importantly.... a preferred path to obtain those objectives, dancing with aQ is still considered a viable partner in play... again depending upon what's going on.... (and of course the perspective with which that is viewed).... Unfortunately, the analysis of information used to develop that perspective is still as poor as its always been in predicting the outcome of the dance.. ...

For whatever reason, the US decided to throw in with the FSA rebels to overthrow Assad, at first covertly in a trial and error period... it was hard to determine where exactly to weigh in (for reasons I may have discussed elsewhere)... As discussed in a different thread, support grew more defined, the US structure transported/assisted  privately funded arms into Syria through the MB to the FSA. aQ was part of this... regarded as a moderate Islamic group, they are seen as far less a threat than their extremist counterparts. Its math, in calculating the results of an intended outcome... Its not necessarily an endorsement, support or advocating them or their mission, and instead they are seen as far more moderate than their much more extreme counterparts.... Discussion of how that played out is in another thread...

I doubt anyone will, but just in case, please don't assume that anything in the above is anything more than an explanation. There is no intent to endorse, or excuse, or anything other than shed a different light on a current event. We've been in bed with strange bedfellows since the beginning of this country, sleeping with the enemy, if it suits an agenda at the time. Use and support of rebels in war, insurrection and upheaval is as old as the hills, the strategy of choice in many cases and comes with  clear cut speciality and community with its own culture and rules of engagement. Indeed, I once proclaimed I could never be a member of it, as I had such an abhorrence for  Hush Puppies... I swear there was really a time it was the footwear of choice. What can I say, dark humour has such a way of summing up so many things... And as a community that appears to be growing exponentially, its seemingly becoming a world disconnected from itself, convinced some unit somewhere has the moral compass they seemed to have misplaced....

Al Queda is not a creation of the US government.    This is conspiracy buff website info, not historical fact.  The US dollars that supported Al Queda came from donations and not from government funding.  Honestly, there's plenty to criticize about the US government without making things up. 

I've edited your response in hopefully clarifying mine.

Agreed on the funding...  on another thread, maybe two, you'll note I too stated that private funding was involved, as well as discussing some of the sources of that funding, together with covering how USG structures, ( while not directly funding the a-Q, were funded structures) interacted. Of course it also absolutely depends upon which point in time we are talking. 

Apparently, and quite okay,  you've never read any of the other replies I've posted on DV. You'd have  noted numerous times wherein I said there is no organized conspiracy among the government as a whole to do.. [fill in the blank].  Conspiracies if and when they exist, are between people within the government, with enough power to enter into relationships with other power people within government or  on behalf of the government. Conspiracies, if and when they exist, involve very few, limited people within the government. It is not THE government.

Apart from this, there is nothing in the above even remotely suggesting a conspiracy. Maybe law of unintended consequences... and a whole host of breakdowns in continuity, communication, analysis, salted with a tad of bureaucratic self preservation (which is a systemic usually unconscious process absent individual volition,  versus the enactment of a  calculated agenda), mistaken focus, misaligned focus, redirected focus, limited information, absence of information underscoring, and on and on.... Government as usual... But there is no conspiracy in any of this... It's government. And as one who is government, I can say, its government.

Clearly we have a different professional understanding and experience of this information, but characterization of mine as  that born out of  conspiracy [apart from no conspiracy inferred], no more invalidates the information, than my characterizing yours as, a myopically simplistic devoid shot from the hip of ignorance; as sufficient to  invalidate yours... We both have an apparent difference of opinion as to the factors contributing to the group currently know as the al-Qaeda. Hopefully, with enough of us contributing thoughts, information and speculation as to what is going on, we might one day have a more complete picture of the whole puzzle. Maybe not, and in any case. work made all that much more difficult when one believes that simple characterization of the information somehow renders it invalid. What's up with this inability to make a point by merely standing on the merits of one's own assertions? Of course and to be clear, I respect that you actually had assertions to offer in counter... really... I do appreciate that.. and getting past all the ****, you offer the possibility of discussing actual differences...

The point was far from criticizing government... quite the contrary,  acting as if the government were one whole inseparable organic structure and then criticizing it,  takes us down meaningless paths of discussion, and wasted energy. I'm not sure where you get the criticism piece midst asserting the opposite:, the very act of spending energy to criticize the government, translated as partisan government, or individuals therein derails us from focus upon the real issue at hand. The actual target of attention is  the resulting laws and structures building up around us, (resulting from and as a consequence of "government"), as that ultimately posing the issue.  The focus it the resulting structures,  not who did it or how it got there...In that regard,.... Kinda... who cares...

Apologies if these aspects were not more clear, and hopefully gives you a better understanding of the point(s) as I relayed them. We may well disagree in the end, and clarifying the nature of that will likely be a major determinant.