Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Happy Happy Happy

wpsmit

After constant nagging from my office mate, I decided to watch Duck Dynasty, mostly because my favorite Sunday night shows were reruns. The first time, I turned it off after 5 - 10 minutes thinking that it was among the dumbest shows ever offered on the boob tube. Another week rolled around, and faced with the same rerun dilemma I flipped over there again. This time I laughed the hardest I can remember laughing since "I love Lucy, Amos 'N Andy, and Carol Burnett". It is on my DVR now and I may buy Phil's book from Barnes & Noble where I found this trailer..... What a success story his is

Happy, Happy, Happy

This no-holds-barred autobiography chronicles the remarkable life of Phil Robertson, the original Duck Commander and Duck Dynasty star, from early childhood through the founding of a family business. Life was always getting in the way of Phil Robertson’s passion for duck hunting.

An NFL-bound quarterback, Phil made his mark on Louisiana Tech University in the 1960s by playing football and completing his college career with a master’s degree in English. But Phil’s eyes were not always on the books or the ball; they were usually looking to the sky.

Phil grew up with the dream of living the simple life off the land like his forebears, but he soon found himself on a path to self-destruction—leasing a bar, drinking too much, fighting, and wasting his talents. He almost lost it all until he gave his life to God. And then everything changed.

Phil’s incredible story tells how he followed a calling from God and soon after invented a duck call that would begin an incredible journey to the life he had always dreamed of for himself and his family. With great love for his country, his family, and his maker, Phil has finally found the ingredients to the “good life” he always wanted.

• Upvote 2

***///

He was also a Minister for some years, and he and Uncle Si both served & went to Vietnam.

His wife is a wonderful human being, smart, generous and kind.

They raised a wonderful family.  And their children and Grandchildren are wonderful folks to watch

as they embrace Patriotism, Christianity and good values.

They insisted the network include their prayer at meal time at the end of every show.

On this they would not compromise!

A wonderful program!

• Upvote 1

I've read the book...definatley worth the $! But you can get the hard back copy new on Amazon for $9.99. Would recommend it. Just shows that someone who came from poverty, with a little hard work...and inspiration from God..is now a multimillionaire but still lives a simple life, and keeps things in perspective!! God, Family and Ducks..as Phil often says!! God bless! Enjoy the book..and the show!

• Upvote 2

I've read the book...definatley worth the $! But you can get the hard back copy new on Amazon for $9.99. Would recommend it. Just shows that someone who came from poverty, with a little hard work...and inspiration from God..is now a multimillionaire but still lives a simple life, and keeps things in perspective!! God, Family and Ducks..as Phil often says!! God bless! Enjoy the book..and the show!

***///

We like your post !  :twothumbs:

I will probably buy one for Kindle. Don't read many hardbacks anymore. And do you mean to me he IS the American Dream? Didn't he know that he could suckle from the Gov't Teat all of his life....Oh wait a minute, he is around my age, like me, came from a religious background where you were taught Christian values by FATHER and MOTHER and not taught from birth that the gov't would care for you and as many bastard children as you could produce without you doing anything with your life but have sex and get in line once a month!

Either go and buy the previous episodes or set the dvr to record all the episodes, the best shows are from the start.... the wild honey bee nest had me laughing my ars off and so many more...just saying...

Exactly what I did Goose, I have 17 episodes I have recorded from their all night Wednesday reruns and I am up to date on viewing all of them

My favorite episode so far is the Christmas one with Si and the elf ears.... Santa and the kids....

One of my sibs got my dad the book, and glancing through it I unfortunately landed on the page wherein he says something to the effect of the problem with America is that women don't stay home and don't know how to cook. :rolleyes:  While I realize that this very same sentiment is likely to propel some to now read it... it might take me awhile to warm up to the idea of putting it ahead of all the others in the pile :D

• Upvote 2