Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cabinet agrees to convert the purchase amount of the dinar to the dollar at the Central Bank

Soeharto

alsumaria         

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

and the Council of Ministers approved, on Tuesday, to convert the purchase amount from the local currency to the U.S. dollar official exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq. said the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers in a statement received "Alsumaria News", a copy of "The Council of Ministers held, Today, its thirty-eighth regular in Baghdad headed by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki. " The Secretariat explained that "the Council has agreed to transfer the purchase amount from one currency Iraqi dinar currency to the U.S. dollar official exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq," indicating that "the payment will be Under the letter of credit is opened in banks in the country of purchase in the case of direct purchase from the outside when absolutely necessary. "

• Upvote 4

ArrowSelected.pngCabinet approves transfer the purchase amount from the dinar to the dollar at the Central Bank

03-09-2013 - 17:41 | Source:   SM-1-634629974004106283.png       Economy and Business     893 views  
NB-82058-635138161615336321.JPG
SearchBigger.png

ArrowSelected.pngAlsumaria News / Baghdad 

and the Council of Ministers approved, on Tuesday, to convert the purchase amount from the local currency to the U.S. dollar official exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq. said the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers in a statement received "Alsumaria News", a copy of "The Council of Ministers held, Today, its thirty-eighth regular in Baghdad headed by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki. " 

The Secretariat explained that "the Council has agreed to transfer the purchase amount from one currency Iraqi dinar currency to the U.S. dollar official exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq," indicating that "the payment will be Under the letter of credit is opened in banks in the country of purchase in the case of direct purchase from the outside when absolutely necessary. "

• Upvote 3

I wonder whats so special about this? Thanks Soeharto

Yours looks better

Because I got the official seal in it too. Hahha

CBI

US dollar

USD 1166.000 1164.000

internationally traded currency? Maybe the banks outside of the country will accept Iraq dinar to be converted to other currency's now. 

• Upvote 2

Decisions of the Council of Ministers meeting No. 38 on 09/03/2013

03/9/13 4: 29 pm

The Council of Ministers held its thirty-eighth regular meeting in Baghdad on Tuesday, 3 September 2013, headed by Prime Minister Nouri Kamel al-Maliki issued the following decisions of the Council:
1. to approve the following:
-To approve the draft law of retirement consolidated auditor by the State Council and submitted to the Parliament on the basis of the provisions of articles (61/item first and 8/ Item II) of the Constitution.
Adoption of the recommendation of the Committee on energy on the following:
First assignment of the tender dig 39 wells in Maysan fields/Maysan oil company cnooc Corp. and Iraq companies listed in below and a total of 347, 866, 727, 66, three hundred and forty-seven million, eight hundred and sixty-six thousand, seven hundred and twenty-seven dollars and sixty-six cents, based on the best technical bid and the lowest offer price.
-Chinese $ 73 coucil, 824, 353 seventy-three million eight hundred and twenty-four thousand, three hundred and fifty-three dollars.
China's Bohai company $ 96, 666, 240 ninety-six million six hundred sixty-six thousand, two hundred and forty dollars.
-Weatherford-US $ 82, 395, 512, 9 eighty-two million three hundred and ninety-five thousand, five hundred and twelve dollars and nine cents and $ 94, 980, 621, 76 ninety-four million nine hundred and eighty thousand, six hundred and twenty-one and seventy-six cents.
Secondly, the extension of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) processing the Hashemite Kingdom for export Kirkuk crude to the Kingdom's cars bath under the memorandum of understanding signed between the Republic of Iraq, the Hashemite Kingdom for a further year until 19/9/2014 and the same price and conditions contained in the memorandum.
Approval of the Department of immigration of exception contracting procedures provided for in the contracts no. 1 of 2008 for assistance to refugees.
-Advance (19 billion) from the Ministry of finance to compensate victims of the bombings in Tuz kharmato and resolve of the Turkmen areas reconstruction customizations, the problem before the Council of Ministers receiving the advance payment and distribution.
-Approve the granting authorities to universities in establishing leave when they meet below conditions defined legally based on the law of universities and community colleges No. 13 of 1996 amended:
1. the Faculty of Pacific University
2. the Gulf University
3. University of Uruk
4. the University statement
-Increased powers of direct purchase of medicines and emergency supplies to 500, 000, 000 500 million dinars us $ equivalent of inside and outside Iraq.
-Approval of transfer of purchase of Iraqi dinar currency to USD at the official rate of Exchange by the Central Bank of Iraq, under a documentary credit is opened in a bank in the country of purchase in case of direct purchase from abroad when absolutely necessary.
Adoption of the recommendations of the Commission to follow up and investigate the work and the production of electric power and the problem under the supervision of the Prime Minister under the Cabinet of Ministers No. 277 of 2013 and approve the publication of the report, with the Committee on energy to follow up the implementation of the recommendations.

http://www.cabinet.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=3581

• Upvote 6

TBomb!!

That was the sentence I grabbed onto as well....

the Council has agreed to transfer the purchase amount from one currency Iraqi dinar currency to the U.S. dollar official exchange rate by the Central Bank of Iraq," indicating that "the payment will be Under the letter of credit is opened in banks in the country of purchase in the case of direct purchase from the outside when absolutely necessary.

Interesting the translations are a bit different....

What the hellll are they saying? I get several possibilities

Using the US as an example of the country in question

Those US banks who have submitted a letter of credit (yeah I know what that is and its usually for individuals... just trying to figure this out).. who have submitted a letter of credit or bank thingy to The CBI can then get usd instead of iqd, when someone by way of their bank buys something in Iraq...

Hummm

How about, If you are in the US and you buy something directly from Iraq, it will be transacted at the official exchange rate?

OR, If you buy something in Iraq while in the US, and use Visa, (etc etc) the CBI is willing to convert the amount you paid in USD, to IQD at the going exchange rate??

Yeah that's it.... The CBI is preparing to open up EBay Iq..... and your paypal account will be debited in converted USD to IQD (and that ladies and gentlemen is how rumors get started :eyebrows: )

:D

Still wonder what it really means...

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

Yes, everyone, I'm not sure if they may be authorizing the CBI to make large money exchanges within and without Iraq when absolutely necessary or if this has something to do with them creating a separate bank account for "outside" purchases?

Rayzur, you're funny...lol.

I agree with you, it could be any and all you propose..lmao.  Yep, this is potential fodder for the guru's.

I'm also wondering if this, because of the paragraphs position in the minutes, is connected to purchasing emergency medical supplies?

I've sent this to a friend. If they get back to me I'll post it in this thread.

Great find, Soeharto. Thank you very much.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 2

IT SAYS ONE DINAR TO THE DOLLAR

thanks sandfly ,  this could be the start ,  { when I saw the top header and the re-print,  I thought they were about too  give the go ahead for any one out side of Iraq, in the banking sector ,  who is , or about to be in charge of dinar for a personal investor { speculator } holding dinar for the exchange ,  the banker , will take in the dinar , hold,  send out the letter of credit in the amount about to be transferred back to c.b.i. or where ever ,  for the rate of 1 to 1  :peace:  }  at least that is what I am reading ,  kind of like it though

• Upvote 2

You know, I would be willing to take a "letter of credit" for the next five-six years if BOI is willing to send me installments each six months.  They can pay the going rate starting at .50 per dinar.  Next 6 months it could be $1 per 1d. Etc.  I'll take it.  

Here's the info from a friend I mentioned earlier :

"Actually, it's part of a larger press release. The whole picture as I see it, is an advance portion of the preliminary draft of the 2014 budget that will be sent up to the CoM next week. But the larger article speaks to the stuff the CoM and Maliki have already approved.

This portion says the CoM and Maliki have approved the conversion from IQD to USD when it's "absolutely necessary" to buy imported stuff. Usually in these types of articles, when they mention the Official Rate, they also quote the numbers, 1166. It could be stretch, but I think it was omitted here intentionally."

Larger Article

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=2&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D114619

• Upvote 2