Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama: I will not go into a long-term conflict in Syria, as happened in Iraq

TBomb

Yes, Maggie. It would be most compassionate for them to have conclusive information prior to invasion..I just can't stand the thought of more dying.  It seems like that's going to happen with or without invasion.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 1

So guys like you will wake up and read.

Wow. OK. You mean me? The guy who's job it is to cruise news sites on the Internet/tv for his job at reporting news on the radio?

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Not quite sure what brought on all the butt-hurt with you, but all I was asking was why was it in the "dinar" part and not "news" part.

But feel free to be that way. Here's a little tip though if you'd like others to see your vision of the World. Try not to be a jerk about it.

• Upvote 2

Yes, Maggie. It would be most compassionate for them to have conclusive information prior to invasion..I just can't stand the thought of more dying.  It seems like that's going to happen with or without invasion.

I've had a real hard time with this for quite some time. It was heart breaking enough just to see the news...

I've know for even longer than the news has been reporting it that we have been training, arming and funding these terrorist.

Both heart-breaking and beyond frustrating.

BTW this isn't a lefty/righty thing... maybe you caught my posts showing this all going on clear back to the 70's?

I don't jump down rabbit holes... just a lot of googles and disearnment on what I read and where it leads me next.

Can't stand that guy with the gravelly voice. Lol

Hope we will take the truth... that I'm pretty sure will come from this... and join together against what has been happening.

That would be the best and quickest way I know of to get this stopped for those poor people. We have created and fed that fire.

Get that stopped and then we can figure out what to do next. You know collectively we can do that. Certainly not divided though.

When are we going to get over being so self-involved and actually give a damn about other people on this earth?

Thanks TBomb

Edited by Maggie123

Maggie, all we have is the source of news we choose to believe. Right? I don't trust any of it because it is biased. There is a political agenda for sure. Yet, if there are stock piles of chemical weapons be sure that if there is no action, in the next generation they will have to deal with weapons which we can't even dream of. The United Nations and countries like Russia need to all see the seriousness of chemical war fare. It can not be allowed, PERIOD. It will affect all countries... Similar to nuclear war fare but worse and cheaper and easier to transport.

So, as much as I don't like our men or services in wars chosen by my government... Meaning some countries we don't even look at. We must not turn a blind eye. If we can bomb bunkers with known chemicals or factories, etc. I say GO FOR IT! Also, we didn't find weapons of mass distruction in Iraq because they were bombed. This was verified by a friend of mine who was a commander and did the bombing. At least this is what I am to understand. Again who knows. Who can anyone trust?

I just think we can not sit back idle while anyone uses weapons of mass destruction. I doubt the rebels are to blame... Because they aren't armed enough nor have the ability to create this. I could be wrong but hopefully this issue will be resolved for the world and quickly.

Lastly, the USA must be a strong force in the world. We MUST act decisively and boldly. We should be feared as a force to not be messed with. I don't feel OBAMA has presented himself as one who acts firmly enough in world matters. I am a proud American and though I don't agree with everything I have to trust that someone has our back. I believe in what the USA stands for.

As I always say this is just MHO...

Peace...

***///

Don't play semantics with US. What we posted here is true.

Americans have been forced by this divisive administration to choose sides.

If you are not with US, you are against US.

Our money is STILL on the Patriots, no matter what some Kool-Aid soaked nay-sayer says.

You probably hate The Constitution, Articles and Bill of Rights, too. <_<

We're counting on this whole Syrian mess to show that blowhard obummer's true colors.

he'll once again hoist himself upon his own petard with no help from US.

You're backing a loser.  A dangerous loser, but a loser none the less.

my friend if i upset you it was not my intention whatsoever. and i can completely empathize with your frustration because at one point in time i was about picking a side. not any longer though. i have sided with Christ and His Kingdom. according to His word I can't do both; be a citizen of the world's kingdom and God's Kingdom. according to the Bible, there will be a world government and there is no praying, protesting, resisting it away.

and so i don't know where that puts me in your book, for you or against you. but rest assured wherever i land, let everyone know that I am on the Lord's side and I'm glad about it! and so i pray for governments and for the people. i pray for peace. and i live everyday of my life to be a light of truth and righteous by God's grace. that is where i exert my energy. fighting over democrat and republican is truly a vain (empty) effort as far as i am concerned. but good luck with it, i wish you well and hope that eventually you will win if such a thing is even possible.

be blessed my friend

• Upvote 2

I just think we can not sit back idle while anyone uses weapons of mass destruction. I doubt the rebels are to blame... Because they aren't armed enough nor have the ability to create this. I could be wrong but hopefully this issue will be resolved for the world and quickly.

Lastly, the USA must be a strong force in the world. We MUST act decisively and boldly. We should be feared as a force to not be messed with. I don't feel OBAMA has presented himself as one who acts firmly enough in world matters. I am a proud American and though I don't agree with everything I have to trust that someone has our back. I believe in what the USA stands for.

As I always say this is just MHO...

Peace...

I'm always encouraged by such strong convictions which I would assume means  you will be among the first to suit up and put your boots on that sand? Like you and many others, I'm a proud American and have personally spent my fair share of time in the sand along with a jungle or two throughout my life as have many on this site. Having been there and done that, I likely have a bit of a different perspective in some ways. 

This is no longer the 50's, nor is it some glorified black and white movie wherein the good guys always wear white hats and the bad guys wear black. People don't fall over dead in some gentle faint to the ground, absent death gurgle, or lots of blood splattered all over the ground and their colleagues. There's a lot of tears and fear and true gut defining mettle, a lot of messy blood, human flesh ripped apart and far too many dreams peppered with body bags in some cases wrapped in the flag,  awaiting pick up once the killing has died down and its safe to come in and get them....and all of it midst the battle cries of old men insisting we remain a strong, bold decisive force in battle....  I will forever carry respect in my depths for the guys on the ground who live this scene day in and out as their part of this battle mission... 

We are too geopolitically interdependent to hold on to the belief we can or will exist as an independent isolated island. Yet in my mind, this does mean we have the inherent responsibility to continue to take care of the world and fight every one of its battles. There are so many different conflicts with people being slaughtered all over this planet.... (e.g., genocide in Africa between tribes, Tibet and its Holy people in the past, in our own country with the Native peoples,  etc etc), yet there was never once a cry to defend or protect these innocent ones. Instead we seem to find ourselves in areas of conflict that contain huge and necessary resources. Not saying that is bad... or good... yet it does remain a fairly consistent defining variable as to where we are willing to rip open the flesh  young American kids in proving we are a strong force. And yet with all that being said, I'd likewise have to be among the first to admit that I  willingly served, and commanded, and would proudly do it all again..... Day'um it's just not  as simple as I wish it was... Slogan driven sentiments can only get us so far... and at some point, someone has to take a step back and ask what in the name of God are we doing? 

This might be a really good time to take that step back. Its no longer as simple as deciding if there is the belly to engage a second full-time theatre of warfare.  Be advised that the rebels (and more importantly those behind them... ) absolutely have the ability in every sense of the word to deploy chemical weapons. Understand that there has been concerted well orchestrated efforts with a specific agenda to get the US involved in this specific region for at least the last 7 years if not longer. Know that these efforts have involved such convoluted deception, that getting factual information as to what actually factually happened/is happening is mind boggling to the point some would consider it impossible. And even if one were able to successfully navigate these waters.... be very clear the game has changed. Russia is now openly stating their opposition/support of the opposing position. Two of the super powers are now positioning their toes on a thin though clear line of opposition. 

Without question, this is clearly not the time to cowboy up and start posturing with anything that would even remotely suggest the game is on with the ball in active play. Without question we can easily kill each other into oblivion. There will always be time for bullets. However, its my prayer that before we reach that conclusion, we take this time to take a step back, and do everything we can to negotiate a successful drawn down of both sides, such that we're able to discuss a resolution that won't exponentially increase the death count of two super power countries fighting on behalf of this small nation. In my opinion barring that, all the slogan driven sentiment in the world won't ever be able to put all the feathers back in that pillow...

And Trinity, I'm with ya.... and if ever there was a time in our lives, this would be it for prayer  :praying:  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Maggie, all we have is the source of news we choose to believe. Right? I don't trust any of it because it is biased. There is a political agenda for sure...

It's going to get much tougher to find out what is really going on than it is now. All the alphebet channels are blatently gov. propaganda tv. Feinsteins bill will criminalize journalism that is not affiliated with the MSM... gotta get paid, and work for a big company like cnn, and new york times. Everyone else can be criminally targeted.

Now we have the Gov. openly declaring that it is going to turn the cia propaganda machine on American citizens. Alex Jones, and Anthony Gucciardi from story leak were saying that the gov. is going to spend big bucks to pay bloggers, and alternative media types to spread disinformation so no one will know what is legit, and what isn't.

This major assault on the first amendment is a declaration of war against the citizens of the United States, and by the militarization of dhs, and the police it is obvious that is exactly what they are preparing for.

It's going to get much tougher to find out what is really going on than it is now. All the alphebet channels are blatently gov. propaganda tv. Feinsteins bill will criminalize journalism that is not affiliated with the MSM... gotta get paid, and work for a big company like cnn, and new york times. Everyone else can be criminally targeted.

Now we have the Gov. openly declaring that it is going to turn the cia propaganda machine on American citizens. Alex Jones, and Anthony Gucciardi from story leak were saying that the gov. is going to spend big bucks to pay bloggers, and alternative media types to spread disinformation so no one will know what is legit, and what isn't.

This major assault on the first amendment is a declaration of war against the citizens of the United States, and by the militarization of dhs, and the police it is obvious that is exactly what they are preparing for.

***///

The mis / disinformation being applied right here in this thread:

We see their progressive  ideology being defended here by people who have sold out -

mocking those of US who have see it before and see it going down now here right before our very eyes.

Some are unwittingly spewing their progressive agenda through denial and / or ignorance.

Others are  ARROGANT in their denial and spew their progressive script here as though it were TRUTH in an attempt to discredit Patriots who sound the alarm over and over again.

We see their indoctrination has poisoned even some in our own Military. 

Mere plants to destroy our fighting force from within.

Now they attack by their Kommander in chiefs order everywhere Patriots may be found.

Here is no exception.

"Don't ask - don't tell.  Don't question.  Don't use REAL HISTORY,

use our new FORWARD thinking agenda. 

Discredit your fellow Military and Patriots - they are now the enemy !"

We'll continue to sound the alarm against these haters regardless of their ignorance and arrogance.

They will continue on here programmed to attack US Patriots by order of the "Kommander" in chief THEY worship as their new messiah.

They are progressive tools of a tool. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I don't give negs without telling why I did.

Gal... who ever you are... I just gave you the biggest - NEG I could!

How dare you talk to Trinity and Rayzur that way?

You would like to do damage to the country I love by spreading...

PURE, DIVISIVE, HATEFUL, DRIVEL...

said it a long time ago. :)  Saying it again!

Any negs in the future need no further explaining.

..."They are progressive tools of a tool."

GO LOOK IN A MIRROR!!!

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

***///

The mis / disinformation being applied right here in this thread:

We see their progressive  ideology being defended here by people who have sold out -

mocking those of US who have see it before and see it going down now here right before our very eyes.

Some are unwittingly spewing their progressive agenda through denial and / or ignorance.

Others are  ARROGANT in their denial and spew their progressive script here as though it were TRUTH in an attempt to discredit Patriots who sound the alarm over and over again.

We see their indoctrination has poisoned even some in our own Military. 

Mere plants to destroy our fighting force from within.

Now they attack by their Kommander in chiefs order everywhere Patriots may be found.

Here is no exception.

"Don't ask - don't tell.  Don't question.  Don't use REAL HISTORY,

use our new FORWARD thinking agenda. 

Discredit your fellow Military and Patriots - they are now the enemy !"

We'll continue to sound the alarm against these haters regardless of their ignorance and arrogance.

They will continue on here programmed to attack US Patriots by order of the "Kommander" in chief THEY worship as their new messiah.

They are progressive tools of a tool. 

***///

Let the people know the truth and the country is safe. A. Lincoln

...against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC.

Not every face in Our Country is that of a Patriot any longer.

Beware the wolves in sheep's clothing.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Washington looking for an alliance to hit Syria

•  
  •  

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 17:33 (Abu Dhabi) 

Abu Dhabi - Sky News Arabia

Said U.S. Secretary of Defense Shack Hgl blah still aimed to create an international coalition to move against Syria, after Britain's announcement that it will not participate in the military had been an blow to Damascus in response to the use of chemical weapons.

And Hgl said the press statements in the Philippine capital Manila that "the United States still aims to create an international coalition has the will to work together in Syria."

Hgl comments came hours after British Defense Secretary Philip Hammond not his country's participation in the anticipated military operation against Damascus.

Hammond said: "The United Kingdom will not participate in military action against Syria," adding that "the United States will feel frustrated" by the decision.

During a session in the House of Commons vote on the draft government plan for military intervention in Syria, rejected 285 seats in the House of Commons plan for the approval of 272 deputies.

Following the vote, Cameron vowed not to bypass the Council on military action against Damascus, although there is no constitutional objection requires the government to obtain parliamentary approval first.

Washington: act according to our interests

In reaction to the British position, the White House announced that President Barack Obama will determine its decision on the Syrian file, "according to American interests."

The spokeswoman for the National Security Council Caitlin Hayden, "We saw outcome of the vote in the British Parliament tonight," she said, adding, "As we said earlier, President Obama will build his decision based on what is best for the interest of the United States. Said he believed that there is a fundamental interests of the United States is at stake and that States that violate international standards on chemical weapons must be held accountable. "

The White House was a valuable said earlier that Washington would provide legal justification for any response to the use of chemical weapons in Syria, if necessary, as soon as President Barack Obama decides how to proceed.

The Reuters news agency quoted a member of the U.S. House of Representatives Elliott Angel officials as saying that the administration of President Obama told members of the Senate in a conference call Thursday pointed to evidence that the Assad regime Osnhaddam of chemical weapons, including "communications were intercepted Syrian officials at a high level."

And Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, there is no plan to his country to join the United States in scientific Askh against Damascus.

He said in a press statement: "At the moment, the Canadian government does not have any plans (..) We have no plans for a military mission."

No agreement of the Security Council

This comes while over a meeting of the permanent members of the UN Security Council on Thursday evening without reaching an agreement on the move in Syria.

The correspondent quoted diplomatic sources forecast that the Russian delegate offers an alternative proposal for the draft submitted by Britain, and the proposal to take the necessary measures against Syria.

The sources added that Russia is afraid of the repercussions of any military strike on the Middle East.

The diplomatic sources confirmed to Sky News Arabia earlier that the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon cut short a visit to Austria back to New York to receive the report of the inspectors, who will leave Syria Friday, to get to New York on Saturday, and submit its report to the Secretary-General on the same day.

The director of the United Nations Centre for Media Gulf countries Najib Vrije that the Secretary-General held intensive contacts with all parties concerned, first and foremost President Obama, who discussed with him the need to expedite the inspection process on chemical weapons in Syria, and the need to work together to cope with the situation out.

Vrije said that the United Nations will participate information and analysis and samples and all that proves the use of chemical weapons with the member countries of the Security Council and other members of the United Nations.

For his part, French President Francois Hollande said the ultimate goal of international movements on Syria is to achieve a political solution, but he added that this can not happen unless the international community managed to stop the killing and to increase support for opponents of President Bashar al-Assad.

The Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta said that his country would not participate in any military operation against Syria without the authorization of the Security Council.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry said that the single action on Syria will not help in resolving the crisis, and called on the Security Council to take no action before the end of the task of international investigators.

And Obdorha, Algeria expressed its rejection of any military intervention in Syria, and called on the international community to encourage the Syrian parties to engage in the political process.

American crowd and the willingness of Syrian

And accelerates the U.S. preparations for a possible strike on Syria. An official at the U.S. Department of Defense, the United States will be sent to the devastating off the Syrian coast, bringing the number of warships in the eastern Mediterranean to five. The official said the "USS Stout, found in the Mediterranean and heading east." 

For his part, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that Tel Aviv is not involved in what is happening in Syria, but he vowed a harsh response from trying to target Israeli citizens intent to harm them, he said.

On the other hand, said the Russian news agency "Interfax", citing a source in the Russian armed forces said Moscow would send an anti-submarine vessel, and equipment to intercept rockets to the Mediterranean Sea. 

Transfer of Scud missiles

Sources in the Syrian opposition forces Thursday that Assad was quoted several Scud missiles and dozens of bombers from the base in the north of Damascus, perhaps to protect of Western Menhjum weapons.

As reported by diplomats residing in the Middle East, told Reuters that the transfer of weapons from its location at the foot of the mountains Qalamun a heavily armed areas in Syria seems part of a precautionary redeployment but limited to equipment in the central regions of Syria is still under the control of Assad's forces.

He said Syrian Defense Minister Gen. Fahad Jassem Fareej-through connection interview with Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier Hussein Dehqan The "armed forces and the brave Syrian people are ready to deal with any form of military aggression", according to the official Syrian news agency.
Edited by yota691

***///

Very interesting article, YOTA...

sounds like they and their allies (Putin) aren't going to take it laying down as they said before.

Now that they are calling hobummer's 2nd bluff, it appears to be at a stale-mate.

The Brits were smart to not get involved. 

Too bad we don't have leadership THAT smart here in our own Country.

At a time when considering a military strike on Syria

Obama administration looking the situation of the oil market

Oil prices could jump to $ 150 a barrel if the crisis spread to oil-producing countries in the region (Reuters)

Looking administration of U.S. President Barack Obama, the situation in the oil market while considering a military strike on Syria.

Reuters quoted informed sources as saying that the U.S. administration officials contacted experts in the energy sector the past few days. Sources reported that there are no signs that the government is preparing to withdraw oil from emergency stocks soon to cool price rises, but the administration is monitoring the situation closely.

Has prompted fears of a stretch of the war in Syria to other countries in the Middle East to the rise in oil prices to their highest level in six months, and increased by more than eight dollars since the beginning of this month.

This has raised controversy early in the markets about whether Obama would withdraw from strategic stockpiles, which he did in 2011 when supplies were disrupted few months because of the Arab uprisings.

"
the United States maintains a huge strategic stockpile of oil is the world's largest. At the December / December arrived this inventory to 694.9 million barrels 
"

The source said he had spoken with officials from the U.S. administration in the context of routine consultations on oil markets, "I do not think that the use of strategic reserves is imminent or seriously being considered at the moment." "It will not happen probably what the consequences have not come to strike Syria is worse than expected."

Strategic stocks
and the United States maintains a huge strategic stockpile of oil is the largest in the world. In December / December last reached this stock to 694.9 million barrels.

A British official said that the withdrawal from strategic stockpiles, which should be coordinated with the International Energy Agency, is not expected any time soon, despite high oil prices.

Yesterday, the agency said that the Obama administration coordinated with the sale of sixty million barrels of reserves, the U.S. and Europe in 2011 that the rise in oil prices this month, does not require emergency measures, but they are ready to take action in the event of supply disruptions significantly.

Production of
the United States experiencing the biggest boom of oil exploration in decades. Production has reached its highest level since 1997, but prices are still likely to rise if significantly disrupted supplies from the Middle East.

And Taattouka the Energy Information Administration that production will reach 7.6 million barrels per day in October / October next, for more than imports, which would amount to 7.22 million. Despite the increased production of the United States, analysts expect to pay a quick blow to the Syrian oil prices to between 125 and 130 dollars per barrel.

The bank Societe Generale say that the price could reach $ 150 a barrel if the crisis spread to oil-producing countries.

Oil markets are still strained because of significant supply disruption from Libya, where armed groups and caused protests from unions to reduce oil exports to their lowest levels since the war began in 2011

Edited by yota691

So Sarge'sGals,

Can you tell us what you want in regards to Syria.  Do you want Obama to go in or out?

***///

Not our fight.  Stay OUT.

They have been murdering each other for thousands of years and will continue even

if we were to go in, strike and get out fast.

The lines betwixt good guys and bad guys in this one are blurred by the involvement of terrorists.

We should stay the helloutta the entire region.

No more sacrificing our Troops for something we can never change.

We are sick and tired of being used to FORWARD the agenda of TPTB.

It is NOT about democracy or relieving world suffering or any other damned lie.

Time to bring the fight home... as there are enough embedded terror cells right here waiting to be exposed and

eradicated before they rise up and complete their jihad right here.....

Whilst we're being 'distracted' over-seas, they have been steadily imposing themselves in our own back yard.

Sharia law, rights of muslims over Christians... to name a few of the signs here at home.

What president doesn't work for big oil?  Not saying that's right, but didn't Bush want to pay the war with oil?  You are pretty much stating status quo for any president the last 20 years.

***///

You got that right.

It has been a very, very long time since any US President has truly worked FOR the People and not some faceless 'corporation' pulling all the strings for personal enrichment over peace and stability.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

***///

Not our fight.  Stay OUT.

They have been murdering each other for thousands of years and will continue even

if we were to go in, strike and get out fast.

The lines betwixt good guys and bad guys in this one are blurred by the involvement of terrorists.

We should stay the helloutta the entire region.

No more sacrificing our Troops for something we can never change.

We are sick and tired of being used to FORWARD the agenda of TPTB.

It is NOT about democracy or relieving world suffering or any other damned lie.

Time to bring the fight home... as there are enough embedded terror cells right here waiting to be exposed and

eradicated before they rise up and complete their jihad right here.....

Whilst we're being 'distracted' over-seas, they have been steadily imposing themselves in our own back yard.

Sharia law, rights of muslims over Christians... to name a few of the signs here at home.

***///

You got that right.

It has been a very, very long time since any US President has truly worked FOR the People and not some faceless 'corporation' pulling all the strings for personal enrichment over peace and stability.

Thanks for the quick response.  Well lets hope that we are proved wrong.