Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are we in a post-Christian age in America ??

EagleEye

Post Christian age??? :blink:  We kill more unborn defenseless babies for convenience even though there are millions of perspective adoptive parents who would love to raise those "unwanted" children!!!  We have mega church's that beg for money to build and upkeep a cathedral style building with over staffed facilities, when the lost and needy go without right outside their door.  We glorify wrong and punish right... we attack those who stand up for what's right and call them "intolerant or fanatics".  Yeah....sadly,  I would say we're livin' in a "post era Christian age" here in America!!!   :(  "What you do to the least of these you do unto me"... say's the good book ... wonder what He's thinkin' of our mess right now???  :unsure: 

• Upvote 9

Post Christian age??? :blink:  We kill more unborn defenseless babies for convenience even though there are millions of perspective adoptive parents who would love to raise those "unwanted" children!!!  We have mega church's that beg for money to build and upkeep a cathedral style building with over staffed facilities, when the lost and needy go without right outside their door.  We glorify wrong and punish right... we attack those who stand up for what's right and call them "intolerant or fanatics".  Yeah....sadly,  I would say we're livin' in a "post era Christian age" here in America!!!   :(  "What you do to the least of these you do unto me"... say's the good book ... wonder what He's thinkin' of our mess right now???  :unsure: 

I couldn't open up the link.  But by the above responses I take it by what the captions represent. 

I was hungry, you gave Me to eat. I was naked, you clothed Me.  I was homeless, you took Me in. 

Hunger is not only for bread; hunger is for love.  Nakedness is not only for a piece of clothing; nakedness is a lack of human dignity, and lack of respect for each other.  Homelessness is not only being without a home; homelessness is also being rejected, unwanted, unloved.   

We are to show mercy (love) to your neighbors always and everywhere.

Now why, then, would they create laws as such, is just heart wrenching. 

At the hour of death we will be judged. 

• Upvote 6

I couldn't open up the link.  But by the above responses I take it by what the captions represent. 

I was hungry, you gave Me to eat. I was naked, you clothed Me.  I was homeless, you took Me in. 

Hunger is not only for bread; hunger is for love.  Nakedness is not only for a piece of clothing; nakedness is a lack of human dignity, and lack of respect for each other.  Homelessness is not only being without a home; homelessness is also being rejected, unwanted, unloved.   

We are to show mercy (love) to your neighbors always and everywhere.

Now why, then, would they create laws as such, is just heart wrenching. 

At the hour of death we will be judged. 

+1

• Upvote 3

I certainly hope we're in a post christian age. Religion as a whole has left us worse than when we started.

So are we to assume that present conditions are a result of CHRIST?  That would be a thought that would be unique in historical perspective.

• Upvote 1

I certainly hope we're in a post christian age. Religion as a whole has left us worse than when we started.

Religion yes... I agree with you on that point... it has left us with nothing but empty meaningless rules and regulations that don't bring life but rather try to appease the soul with hollow fluff and air... still leaving us with a vacuum inside.

We are worse off with Christianity.

Yeshua the Hebrew name for the Son of the Father in Heaven... that cared enough to die for all our soul's... now if'n you want to reject that love... not the "churchy stuff"... but the kinda love that cared for the widows and orphans, the adulteress, the lost, the sick and hungry... if'n that's the love you want to reject than I really do feel sorry for ya bro... cause imo that's the only ray of hope and sunshine we have in this ol' world... but I'm not gonna cram anything down your throat... you gotta walk out this life and figure things out for yourself... just sayin' if you want a wee bit different perspective than the mainstream.... than I can possibly help ya out in that department.  Maybe post RV we can grab a cold one and talk life... cause to me... that's where it's at!!!   ;) 

• Upvote 2

Amen brother!!  :twothumbs:

To each  their own Tiff!!  :rolleyes:  I will pray to my God, and you keep living in denial!!!

• Upvote 2

I've witnessed this same problem.  I used to work "downtown" and we had a sizable homeless population that congregated there.  This was a big problem because a lot of them had mental health issues and if they weren't on their meds could be violent.  I won't go into all the problems that came with this issue, but  sanitation/sewage was a big one.

Anyway,  there were 6 to 8 churches that would come down there every day to feed them, so all that did was to reinforce them to stay in that area.  There was a push by the city and businesses to rehab these people and get them used to living indoors, taking care of themselves and staying on their medications.  Part of this was to get the Church's to stop bringing them food to this particular area and get them to transfer to the residences/homes set up for this purpose.   

This is a really truncated version of the program but I know the other side of the story of banishing the Church's from feeding the homeless.  It's not always what it seems.

• Upvote 1

you have every right to believe what you want...and IMO every right to be wrong...

but don't take my word for it.... I like how Rabbi Saul says it 

For 1063 the invisible things 517 of him 846 from 575 the creation 2937of the world 2889 are clearly seen 2529, being understood 3539 by the things that are made 4161, [even] 5037 his 846 eternal 126 power1411 and 2532 Godhead 2305; so 1519 that they 846 are 1511 withoutexcuse 379:

Romans 1:20  

PS....I am sorry that someone negged you for expressing your honest opinion...I gave you a plus on each post but could not by myself even it out....while I disagree with you I choose NOT to be disagreeable

after all I was in your same boat once upon a time long ago...when I was young and ignorant of the truth

Amen brother!!  :twothumbs:

To each  their own Tiff!!  :rolleyes:  I will pray to my God, and you keep living in denial!!!

DENIAL

Do Not 

Even

(K)now

I

Am

Lying

you said it Brother !

I've witnessed this same problem.  I used to work "downtown" and we had a sizable homeless population that congregated there.  This was a big problem because a lot of them had mental health issues and if they weren't on their meds could be violent.  I won't go into all the problems that came with this issue, but  sanitation/sewage was a big one.

Anyway,  there were 6 to 8 churches that would come down there every day to feed them, so all that did was to reinforce them to stay in that area.  There was a push by the city and businesses to rehab these people and get them used to living indoors, taking care of themselves and staying on their medications.  Part of this was to get the Church's to stop bringing them food to this particular area and get them to transfer to the residences/homes set up for this purpose.   

This is a really truncated version of the program but I know the other side of the story of banishing the Church's from feeding the homeless.  It's not always what it seems.

you are correct as far as that goes....however we do still have the mandate to serve the less fortunate....the problem I have is when you make it "criminal" that is beyond the pale IMHO...

• Upvote 1

Apparently you feel that there are good reasons behind your statement.  If you don't mind, I would like to hear them.  Can you tell me why you believe what you stated?  

Of course if you don't have any reasons, and you just thought it would anger those posting, then we can ignore what you are saying and mark it up to empty or vain words?  So, do you care to expound on your statement?

• Upvote 1

I'm with you on that EagleEye, and I agree we should.  I didn't get into this aspect of it but there is another darker side to this.  It's money.  Raising money, generating money, lots of money, and non profits.  There are people who get paid to run non profit food banks who don't want this charitable work to end. A lot of the  churches and secular non profits are in bed together.  I've seen it first hand when I started volunteer work.  This industry is business.  I was shocked when I found out about it.

I'm sure most churches have their hearts in the right place but we need to find a better solution.  Feed a man a fish...teach a man to fish.

I'm with you on that EagleEye, and I agree we should.  I didn't get into this aspect of it but there is another darker side to this.  It's money.  Raising money, generating money, lots of money, and non profits.  There are people who get paid to run non profit food banks who don't want this charitable work to end. A lot of the  churches and secular non profits are in bed together.  I've seen it first hand when I started volunteer work.  This industry is business.  I was shocked when I found out about it.

I'm sure most churches have their hearts in the right place but we need to find a better solution.  Feed a man a fish...teach a man to fish.

absolutely my friend...one of my favorite aphorisms ....btw follow the money is always wisdom...

Why would the body of Christ need to seek the help of secular organizations for their funding?  The church is to function through the contributions collected from its members.  The raising of funds to accomplish ministry is necessary for some ministries, but for most ministries funds are not needed, it can be achieved by working members of the body.  

Buildings are for basic functions of ministry, they do not glorify the Lord. Glorifying God is the function of the church, which is His body of believers and not a physical plant (building).  

The church can work around the legal aspects of serving God.  Breaking the civil law to do what God has commanded is not new.  Countless thousands have been thrown in prison, beaten, or killed because of their commitment to do what He commands.  But if there is a way around the law, take it!  "Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles (people of the world), so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may on account of your good deed , as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.  Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution; whether to a king as the one in authority; or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.  For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men.  As as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but us it as bondslaves of God" (1Pt 2:12-16).    

• Upvote 2

"Post Christian age in America"? Yeah. Started about 50 years ago, and really got speed in the '80s. Been growing exponentially ever since. The United States has completely turned its back on God and is rapidly reaping the results, yet people want to blame everything but their Godlessness for it.  

BTW: Nelg, I respect you more with every post.

The Bible is spot on about how the world would get. The days of easy Christianity are over. The fence is being shaken, and the Church will become smaller, but more on fire. This is the way it is supposed to be. I have come to the realization that to be able to survive what is coming it is necessary to walk completely away from the world, and the influence of this culture. I don't watch tv any more, and watch very few carefully selected movies. There is a rising tide of millenials that respect nothing, and no one. They are outrageously blasphemous, increasingly violent, and truly hate Jesus Christ, and His Church. The SCOTUS threw open wide the door of a new age of Christian persecution with the overturning of DOMA. What we are seeing now are the birth pangs of the world preparing for the entrance of the Antichrist. It isn't just a post Christian world. We are seeing the criminalization of Christianity in its infancy. This is Obama's fundamental transformation of America.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Bible is spot on about how the world would get. The days of easy Christianity are over. The fence is being shaken, and the Church will become smaller, but more on fire. This is the way it is supposed to be. I have come to the realization that to be able to survive what is coming it is necessary to walk completely away from the world, and the influence of this culture. I don't watch tv any more, and watch very few carefully selected movies. There is a rising tide of millenials that respect nothing, and no one. They are outrageously blasphemous, increasingly violent, and truly hate Jesus Christ, and His Church. The SCOTUS threw open wide the door of a new age of Christian persecution with the overturning of DOMA. What we are seeing now are the birth pangs of the world preparing for the entrance of the Antichrist. It isn't just a post Christian world. We are seeing the criminalization of Christianity in its infancy. This is Obama's fundamental transformation of America.

Except for those who are not necessarily able to fish like the mentally ill, and those who are hopelessly incapacitated by substance abuse.

Nashville has a severe homeless problem... unlike large cities to the north... the homeless can mostly survive the winters out of doors... though every year a few would freeze to death.  Yes... there are a large number of mentally challenged homeless folks... many of them vets.  It's a big issue... but one I don't think... imo... is solely the job of the government.  It's everybody's issue... they are human beings... and as the sayin' goes... "there, but for the grace of God go I"... until we come to that realization we will never truly have compassion for the homeless... just my  :twocents: 

• Upvote 2

"Post Christian age in America"? Yeah. Started about 50 years ago, and really got speed in the '80s. Been growing exponentially ever since. The United States has completely turned its back on God and is rapidly reaping the results, yet people want to blame everything but their Godlessness for it.  

BTW: Nelg, I respect you more with every post.

Agreed....exactly why I taught and then wrote " Law, Liberty and the Pursuit of Godliness" a few years ago !!

Nashville has a severe homeless problem... unlike large cities to the north... the homeless can mostly survive the winters out of doors... though every year a few would freeze to death.  Yes... there are a large number of mentally challenged homeless folks... many of them vets.  It's a big issue... but one I don't think... imo... is solely the job of the government.  It's everybody's issue... they are human beings... and as the sayin' goes... "there, but for the grace of God go I"... until we come to that realization we will never truly have compassion for the homeless... just my   :twocents: 

and a well thought out  :twocents: my friend....thanks for mentioning vets....far too many people do NOT realize that all most ALL vets who have served in actual combat have PTSD in some measure....and depending on the level of trauma it can cause major mental disorders...

• Upvote 1

Boy you put that mildly...

A shame "Christians" don't know much of European history. If they did, they would not try to inject religion into politics here in this country. The religious wars claims millions of lives and people were tortured and persecuted because people could not agree on religion.

Now American Christians want to repeat that here with idiocy like having Texas school books say there is no evolution and 

no global climate change and we need more guns so people won't shoot each other......and during the Iraq war General Boykin went around claiming "our God is stonger than their evil Allah"...a general in the military...amazing. 

It would be nice if Christians were more Christ-like. 

The Bible is spot on about how the world would get. The days of easy Christianity are over. The fence is being shaken, and the Church will become smaller, but more on fire. This is the way it is supposed to be. I have come to the realization that to be able to survive what is coming it is necessary to walk completely away from the world, and the influence of this culture. I don't watch tv any more, and watch very few carefully selected movies. There is a rising tide of millenials that respect nothing, and no one. They are outrageously blasphemous, increasingly violent, and truly hate Jesus Christ, and His Church. The SCOTUS threw open wide the door of a new age of Christian persecution with the overturning of DOMA. What we are seeing now are the birth pangs of the world preparing for the entrance of the Antichrist. It isn't just a post Christian world. We are seeing the criminalization of Christianity in its infancy. This is Obama's fundamental transformation of America. Except for those who are not necessarily able to fish like the mentally ill, and those who are hopelessly incapacitated by substance abuse.

The overturning of DOMA was a response to Christians trying to control everyone else - essentially an un-American effort.

You see, America was founded on FREEDOM. That means you can't tell me who I can and can't love.

It's truly VERY SIMPLE idea. Can you comprehend that?

Apparently not.