Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why Do People Listen To Gurus? Have You Followed A Guru?

rulesforrebels

I was just curious if any of you guys have ever followed a Guru and bought Dinar on their recommendation or prediction of a "imminent" rv?

I was just trying to make sense of why people follow Gurus. First off they don't really have any credible info that can be documented. It's one thing to say alot of industry and factories are moving to Vietnam and that's good for the economy so I'll buy some Dong. It's an entirely different thing to say go by Dinar because I have "special intel" or "inside sources" that know it's gonna revalue?

Also, it's one thing if you listen to a Guru once and they are wrong, fool me once shame on you right. But the second part of that is fool me twice shame on me. I just can't make any sense of these people who follow gurus like it's a religion despite the guys having been wrong with his last 20 predictions.

How can someoen continue to follow and belive someone who has a track record of being wrong time and time again?

***///

Some of the highly educated, intelligent, capable, well-off gentlemen we play Golf with at the club

actually do follow some of these swamis.

It never ceases to amaze us Gals that they can be so involved in the pablum spew these

charlatan's emit.

We've tried to reason with them, but they dismiss us and to this day remain fans of these liars.

We don't get it either, RULESFORREBELS... they seem so well put together in the rest of their lives.

Enigmatic.... :confused2:

I was just curious if any of you guys have ever followed a Guru and bought Dinar on their recommendation or prediction of a "imminent" rv?

I was just trying to make sense of why people follow Gurus. First off they don't really have any credible info that can be documented. It's one thing to say alot of industry and factories are moving to Vietnam and that's good for the economy so I'll buy some Dong. It's an entirely different thing to say go by Dinar because I have "special intel" or "inside sources" that know it's gonna revalue?

Also, it's one thing if you listen to a Guru once and they are wrong, fool me once shame on you right. But the second part of that is fool me twice shame on me. I just can't make any sense of these people who follow gurus like it's a religion despite the guys having been wrong with his last 20 predictions.

How can someoen continue to follow and belive someone who has a track record of being wrong time and time again?

Everyone (including myself) that goes by an alias are just cartoon characters...............................does one turn to Homer Simpson, Yosemite Sam, Secret Squirrel, Or Lancelot Link for financial or ANY kind of advice? I would hope not..................but here we are.................ughhhhhhhh. GOOOOOOOO whatever  

***///

Some of the highly educated, intelligent, capable, well-off gentlemen we play Golf with at the club

actually do follow some of these swamis.

It never ceases to amaze us Gals that they can be so involved in the pablum spew these

charlatan's emit.

We've tried to reason with them, but they dismiss us and to this day remain fans of these liars.

We don't get it either, RULESFORREBELS... they seem so well put together in the rest of their lives.

Enigmatic.... :confused2:

Greed? Lowering  temporarily  ( or permanently in some cases) the brain functions / defenses?

The rational thought immune system going off for awhile .

Greed is powerful no matter how intelligent and even witty one might be.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Greed? Lowering  temporarily  ( or permanently in some cases) the brain functions / defenses?

The rational thought immune system going off for awhile .

Greed is powerful no matter how intelligent and even witty one might be

***///

Greed, huh?.... yup... guess that could make otherwise sane men go mad...

You'd think these gurus were 7' tall blondes in thongs the way they lose their minds over 'em...! :lol:

• Upvote 2

I guess from a psychological view probably same reason people follow ponzi schemes like u guys say. Greed clouds judgement but like someone gave an example of amazing that people who are intelligent successful smart otherwise level headed people can be just so gullible or put reason aside based onunfounded runors that hace proved to be false time and time again

• Upvote 1

I guess from a psychological view probably same reason people follow ponzi schemes like u guys say. Greed clouds judgement but like someone gave an example of amazing that people who are intelligent successful smart otherwise level headed people can be just so gullible or put reason aside based onunfounded runors that hace proved to be false time and time again

I agree 100%. We have a friend who spends money to hear guru chats who don't have anymore of that so-called Intel than.the average person, yet he's always prepared to set up a big party everytime the gurus say it's happening. He's bought cars and has put deposits on things because one group always says it's going to pop. He can't figure out why we don't go an buy big ticket items as well. Sorry, but were waiting patiently and we sure don't want everyone to know that were invested. Needless to say, but I will, they're in deep debt. I don't know why he can't tell there just taking his money every month.

I follow TNT Luigi ....... not!!

Nah never really followed any of them, I copped on to there game early on and spent my entire dinar career right here.

Each to there own ..... I do feel sorry for those lemmings following the guru's but you know what they say about a fool and his money

• Upvote 1

I would say hope.

The French word for dreams is the little theater of the mind.

My mind has it's own wants and desires and needs. What I "think" I need is a combination of survival, taste and my genuine love of an activity or... Whthat's one is influenced by those around me and conditioning from when I grew up as a child - good and not so good. Yet our lives are part of sitting through that.

Gurus pull heart strings and somehow tap into these desires and wants. - our dreams and fantasies.

I just pulled this off of Million Day - I actually really like this guys post and it played some string as I relate to the person and their experience.

And it may also be there to quell the disenchantment of guru's unfulfilled prediction.

It still spoke to me.

SallyDS MINISTER OF INFORMATION: Thanks, tudor, for posting Mountainman's comments.

For me, buying dinars was a step into a world I didn't know in so many ways -

it was....

A step into a country I really knew little about,

A step into an emerging government that is like, yet so different from our own,

A step into politics in a way I STILL dont' really understand,

A step to view violence, corruption, and meanness in a way I think is deplorable

A step into an opportunity, a real opportunity, that would demand that I have courage to 'stay the course'...

A step into a new kind of patience.

This has been a good experience for me, I have learned how the world of currency trading really works, - understanding how to evaluate and take risks and - dig into the foreign policy of my own country, and into international entities. - and search foreign papers for articles and try to evaluate them

Students today spend thousands of dollars on one semester of economics and finance and haven't gotten half the knowledge I have gained...and they have paid far more for it. Will their investment earn more than mine? well, certainly not on a dollar for dollar basis.

I guess that this is my way of saying, I will be here, with my dinars in hand, watching and wondering when the world I live in will calm down enough to let the people of Iraq jump for joy at an rv...then, I will jump with them...

Would I never sell any of my dinar? I didn't say that. No, this experience has taught me how to evaluate emerging economies, and how to make money off of them through buying into their currencies. that is not a bad thing to do...and certainly beats the stock market!

The world is becoming smaller, and currency trade is becoming more important. I intend to be part of it...using my experience with dinars as my training ground.

Would I ever sell dinar? Yes, I would sell some...but only to invest in the currencies of other countries of the world. You see, I don't believe that we in the US have the strongest currency...and there is money to be made not only in Iraq, but elsewhere in emerging economies.

The ride won't be smooth...but neither is an investment in our stock markets or our banks or or or...

Comments

Mary Ellen Hope08/27/2013 8:28pm

Would you be able to suggest some currencies at the moment that are good and not give the info, as a recommendation. Or where can we search out the info to know what are good currencies to hold. I think I had heard that the Austrailian and Swiss currencies were good. Also I think it was a Scandinavian country that may be a good place to exchange our dinars and dongs to also. Agree with your info, but would like more!!

Pam Grasso08/27/2013 8:28pm

WOW!! That's one of the best posts I've ever read!! Thank you!!!

Marylink08/27/2013 8:55pm

So does that mean we can forget about it RV'ing before September 1 of this year??????????????????????

"

Edited by Dinarian64