Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 8-21-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

I would like to request that posts like the one from Reelemfast be kept out of the chat.  This site about a financial investment, not about shooting innocent animals for fun.  I found this post to be extremely offensive.  In my opinion, animals should not be killed just for the fun of it.  If an animal is to be killed for food, it should be done with reverance and gratitude . . . thanking the animal for giving its life to support ours.  Now I realize this site has a lot of supporters who are hunters, and I have no problem with that, so long as the killings are done with honor and respect.  My 3 cents worth.

A growing over population of wild pigs is a huge problem in southern states. Much like groundhogs, they destroy crops and farmlands. Not only would hunting be fun, that's a lot of bacon too...

• Upvote 1

A growing over population of wild pigs is a huge problem in southern states. Much like groundhogs, they destroy crops and farmlands. Not only would hunting be fun, that's a lot of bacon too...

Let me add that any domestic dog (as in herd animal trying to protect its flock) capable of taking out a coyote or two any night is no match for a wild hog. We raise great pyrenees for domestic herd protection and lost one a while back because it was attacked by a wild hog and the injuries were too severe for her to overcome. After a huge vet bill and months of rehabilitation and care, she finally gave up. If you are hunting wild hogs, you need to be extremely careful and pay close attention because they will attack humans. They are vicious and I agree with Rogue Knight, they make good bacon. ;)

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 1

Heck! next spring instead of raising a domestic pig I'm gonna 

have to go hunting for a couple of wild hogs if there bacon is so 

good. Lord knows that is the best part. And it still solves the issue 

of knowing that no steroids or whatever other chems Monsanto uses 

​to feed commercial herds was used.   Hope I don't hear no banjos though.

Don't like banjos, wanna come Mr. A. ? 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 1

wpsmit - you have no idea what fun goes on behind the scenes during those chats.   It's our best chance to harass Adam when he can't do a lot about it.  One of these days, we may need to pass the hat to buy him a new keyboard.  I think he almost blew coffee all over it this morning - thru his nose, no less!   :lol:

CORRECTION:   He did actually blow coffee all over everything - he's been asking kcw for Kleenex all day.  Oops!  

paperboy.... Adam is from Wisconsin... it's in the DNA of Wisconsites to use humor and sarcasm as a way to show affection... so even though we Cheeseheads are somewhat thick skinned... we know that this good hearted humor is only because we actually care about someone... we usually don't mess with someone we either don't know very well... or know can't handle that "type of humor"... unfortunately I have found that a lot of folks down South don't really "get our style of humor"... and think Midwesterner's are insensitive or "uncivilized" or "unfriendly".. :blush: ... so I try and give a bit of space to those I don't know very well... and try to treat them a bit "nicer" than I would a fellow Wisconsinite who "expects" to be lovingly goaded with that style of humor... so, mods... keep it up... I'm sure Adam can take it... it's in his blood ...but that's just my opinion!!!   ;)  

If you are hunting wild hogs, you need to be extremely careful and pay close attention because they will attack humans. They are vicious and I agree with Rogue Knight, they make good bacon. ;)

:cowboy2:

Hence... if your out an about in the country... it doesn't hurt to at least have a side arm on you... as you never know when you might need it.  Up in certain parts of Canada, and Alaska you have to worry about bears... going armed in those area's is almost a necessity.... although bear meat doesn't quite hold a candle to bacon... imo!!!  :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1