Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance Committee: CBI to apply mechanism to raise value of IQD prior to June 2014

kenshin7

I've been in this for years and every time an article like this comes out people start hollering "smoke...smoke...smoke..." yet here we still sit. Everything I've seen labeled smoke, from countless delays delays on down to Shabibbi's ousting, has wound up being the truth. As such, I don't believe smoke exists in articles such as these.

Go RV.

agree 1,000% .... it ain't "smoke"... it's reality. That term "smoke" is soooo played out!

I don't think this is smoke. For years Iraq is not in a hurry. And they will never be. So putting an urgency on everything just doesn't line up. I'm thinking next year... But I pray for it ...soon.

the misconception is that they HAVE to raise their currency value. Answer: NO THEY DON'T! Not even to get into the WTO. So that theory is CARP!

agree 1,000% .... it ain't "smoke"... it's reality. That term "smoke" is soooo played out!

the misconception is that they HAVE to raise their currency value. Answer: NO THEY DON'T! Not even to get into the WTO. So that theory is CARP!

CARP!!! you can't say that here!!! lol

• Upvote 3

Its called a float.   Open market

i don't think that would be a good idea right now. Too much instability, civil war flare ups, and no external demand for the dinar. And with its hyper inflated state ( thusly the 25,000, that's not attractive to foreign investment, especially with talks of replacing the entire currency.

At this point in time.... A float could be disastrous. Probably why there still a fixed

I would delay also. They are making a fortune selling Iraqis dollars. They have a great substitute for there crappy currency. I'd take my sweet time too

Whatever. I am so tired and exhausted from following this. I don't get excited or upset anymore... I just read when I feel like it and watch the real, tangible occurencnes.

If it RV's before I die, great! If not, oh well. I will not buy more dinar. I will keep living life as if I never bought it in the first place.

Edited by TotalNewb
  • Upvote 1

I really do not know why everyone is getting their panties in a twist.  For one thing, it appears this is a deadline of  June  2014.  In other words what ever they are planning has to be done before then.  Whats more it appears this mystical mechanism has more to do with banks in the auctions.  Which generally implies to street value of the dinar.  Nothing to see here imo.

And again, we see one guy giving quotes to one news outlet, translated several different times.  Maybe Maliki's nephew owns this paper.

I don't think this is smoke. For years Iraq is not in a hurry. And they will never be. So putting an urgency on everything just doesn't line up. I'm thinking next year... But I pray for it ...soon.

We are awaiting the economic reform law that just left the COM and Maliki signed off on, to go to Parliament.  A detail just emerged that revealed due to the Chapter VII sanctions, that the economic reform could not take place as planned by Paul Bremer and the CPA.  Now it appears that Iraq could not move forward since June 2013.  There were also banking movements, regulations and laws that were also frozen due to CVII.  So I would say we are in a pretty good place.

• Upvote 6

It does not take a guru to tell you its gonna RV today ..... well not today but its gonna go in the next 20 days and the only dinars you should be buying are the 50 dinars the others you will get what ever they tell you you will get no one should debate that.The 50 dinar gives you a fair chance to ride it out to at least a gulf dinar cash-out at 1 to 1 sure they said its worth 2.68 but it will not open up there. They will model the USD with 100 and under denominations. Labor day to 9/11 Heads up ya'll. Look for M in DC CAN YOU SAY SHOW THE WORLD YOU DEMOCRACY CARDS NOW YEA BABY !!!!!!!!!

We are awaiting the economic reform law that just left the COM and Maliki signed off on, to go to Parliament.  A detail just emerged that revealed due to the Chapter VII sanctions, that the economic reform could not take place as planned by Paul Bremer and the CPA.  Now it appears that Iraq could not move forward since June 2013.  There were also banking movements, regulations and laws that were also frozen due to CVII.  So I would say we are in a pretty good place.

Thanks Carrello for shinning some needed light into this............ :rolleyes:    I like your version the best.     :)

• Upvote 1

yes you are spot on.............stole that from med.............but you are right...........exciting weeks to come.........and good to see you........... GO DINAR

• Upvote 1

I really do not know why everyone is getting their panties in a twist.  For one thing, it appears this is a deadline of  June  2014.  In other words what ever they are planning has to be done before then.  Whats more it appears this mystical mechanism has more to do with banks in the auctions.  Which generally implies to street value of the dinar.  Nothing to see here imo.

Mystical Mechanism.... :lmao: ,,,,  yep, nothing to see here, same stuff.  They won't tell us when anyhow.  We are just looking for that hidden tidbit that tells all.  And we have been doing that for years.  But one thing for sure,  "NEVER GIVE UP"!!!

• Upvote 1

absolutely.

A rv of any significance, you won't read about beforehand. I don't want to hear a peep about the rv I'm looking for. Just want it to happen. Let them talk about after they do it.

Rule of thumb......if they talk about increasing the value......99.9% it's always the market rate. The cbi gave no warning, no dates on the 1170 to 1166. And we should all expect the same next time.

exactly

I liked bush more than I like obummer lol

Lucky you guys have no oil...you would have seen Bush...LOL

So anytime before June 2014.  

That is correct zig.  

What short memories everyone has.  Back in May 2013, Gov. Turki said the CBI was implementing a new policy to lower the value of the dollar against the dinar and control the exchange rate.  Did that happen in June 2013?  Nope!  We're in August and no change yet.

Apparently, we read an article today that some part of Article 140 is being implemented.  HCL is on the table now working on it, and the Kurds have agreed to the National meeting in Erbil from September 15-17.  We were told during Ramadan that all blocs had agreed and the date for the National meeting would be announced shortly after the end of Ramadan.  That apparently has now come true.  Has everyone forgotten that most of the world has no idea that Chap 7 sanctions are fully lifted, the UN has tried to cover this fact up, and the news media has almost totally covered this up with a blackout.  Din't see anything on any US news outlet and nothing in Europe either.  What about all the celebrations and fireworks in Bagdad the day of the Chap 7 release?  Nothing.  We are progressing along nicely and our wait is short now.  Be patient folks.  I realize many of us are hurting right now.  It will get better. 

The CBI will not just come and say "ok, we're RV'ing now!"  Is there anyone here that believes that other than Possum and Luigi?  

Again zig is right.  The CBI and Iraq don't have that kind of time to next year.  If they do, then expect no major outside investment in the country until late next year; no real job or economic growth, and riots to hit the streets trying to overthrow the whole government, not just Malaki. 

• Upvote 3

And again, we see one guy giving quotes to one news outlet, translated several different times.  Maybe Maliki's nephew owns this paper.

Damn good news Carello - good to see you too!

You are a welcome, intelligent voice here - where have you been?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1