Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance reveal postpone the deletion of zeros until after parliamentary elections

yota691

Of course they mean RD when speaking of deleting them zeros! Tis common sense! 

This article leaves no doubt in my mind what they are referring to.  I was just adding my 2 dinars here, because I know some here believe the deletion of zero's means removal of dinar.  So not to be discouraged by this article, it actually is a good thing.   Hopefully in the meantime they might consider edging the dinar up a bit in value.  They can do it and it won't break the piggy bank.  

• Upvote 3

Yes, and that coincides with a recent article that mentioned 2015......no I do not have the link. lol

exactly. And they've also said it must happen at the beginning of the year. So the earliest is jan 2015.

Plenty of time to rv, if that is or was ever there intent

But they better not come with a 1000:1 rv. Although I'd expect it in between now and jan 2015

• Upvote 2

All smoke and horse hockey. I don't see how they could announce to the world that they are going to drastically increase he value of their money. They just like to see their names in he papers. Kind of like okie just making stuff up just to see his name in the rumors section. All smoke and horse hockey fellas.

They never mention anything about increasing the exchange rate to foreign currencies. They just said they will replace the currency after the elections.

I just don't see how they can hold off on the RV or RD for very long. They keep talking about all of these things they want to purchase and they want to do, but how can they? That is the puzzling part for me. They also talk about the urgency. Oh....it's just so frustrating with so much conflicting information!!! Can someone please just go to Iraq and meet with these people to find out once and for all what their deal is? LOL.

Edited by saradise

Yes there does seem some urgency.  I think this article was to squash the rumors the CBI was continuing with their plan to delete zero's.  Granted this article tells us nothing more than it won't happen until after elections to restructure their currency.

So the question is in the meantime will they do anything?  

I just don't see how they can hold off on the RV or RD for very long. They keep talking about all of these things they want to purchase and they want to do, but how can they? That is the puzzling part for me. They also talk about the urgency. Oh....it's just so frustrating with so much conflicting information!!! Can someone please just go to Iraq and meet with these people to find out once and for all what their deal is? LOL.

they have money. It would be the same value in m2, just a matter of larger or smaller units. But regardless, a billion dollars is a trillion old dinar or a billion in a new dinar

Point is they still have a billion dollars just an example

Yes there does seem some urgency.  I think this article was to squash the rumors the CBI was continuing with their plan to delete zero's.  Granted this article tells us nothing more than it won't happen until after elections to restructure their currency.

So the question is in the meantime will they do anything?

actually, IMO it confirms they still want to do it and are figuring the best time to start

they have money. It would be the same value in m2, just a matter of larger or smaller units. But regardless, a billion dollars is a trillion old dinar or a billion in a new dinar

Point is they still have a billion dollars just an example

actually, IMO it confirms they still want to do it and are figuring the best time to start

I guess I should have made myself clearer.  I think they were squashing the rumors they were going to do this soon, as in coming days.  Yes they do intend to do this but not now.

Man oh man, we are all tired of the delete the zero articles.  We have beat them to death every time there's a new one.   I knew they can't have an rv with all that crap going on.  One of the things Shabibi said he needed security and political stability.   There is neither one.  They need to make that place safer, people by the dozens are being blown up and murdered daily.  It's topped the top 10 dangerous cities of the world.  "BAGHDAD"

• Upvote 1

***///

Zeros are like eggs.... so many different ways to cook 'em...

"LOPping, Lifting, Removal, Deleting, Raising / razing, Erasing....

We've heard it all, it seems.

One thing is for sure.... we were surprised when we saw a few articles actually using the L-O-P word,

never thought THAT would be in their vernacular. :lol: Made the articles kinda suspect. :P

So whatever word they choose to describe what they'll eventually do, we hope it BOILS down to one

thing and one thing only :  increase the value and go global. ;)

Just sittin' here waitin' for the water to boil.... :D

• Upvote 3

Poached on English Muffins please, with some hollandaise sauce on top .... a little eggs Benedict  :D

almost forgot the Canadian Bacon ... can't leave the Canuks out of it.

WM13 

***///

Okay now we're gittin' hungry again...! Canadian Bacon - YES ! :D

Eggs... awesome.  Like Bananas, come in their own packaging.

They said in the new year last year... We all keep waiting for something they say will happen. The GURU's do the same weekly. It is exhausting and frustrating for us, but imagine how this must be for the people in Iraq? They suffered from a tyrant regime and now post war ruins. From my experience the way they conduct business etc is to lie and bolster.

I don't know who is really controlling this or why the hold up. Yet, there is definitely forward momentum. How long can their people hold off from civil unrest? How Long can they be limited from global trade and tied directly to USD? It seemed to me the shackles were removed for the most part from the lifting of Chapter 7.

Adam M. How do we know what sources of "Intel" to actually trust? What is so significant about tomorrow? What are your sources or better yet what is their titles or what makes it more valid than others? I just feel this is like a three ring circus which at first was fun and now a bit annoying. I want facts and truth...

Wish I knew what is REASONABLE to expect. I am all in either way but there must be a way to have a clearer understanding of time lines for better expectations of events. Wish I had a calendar marking days to highlight for greater potential.

Excuse my rant, but wow this gets #@$&ing Old!

Peace all...

• Upvote 3

In my opinion only, this article is about an RD, so you should be relieved.  The fact they are waiting until after the elections is very telling.  Most redominations occur after elections, not before because of obvious reasons.  The people may not be happy about it or the RD may not generate the expectations and therefore blame the politicians.  This is from my research on RD/lops   So from this article I would say when Iraq talks about deleting zero's they mean an RD.

Then why say this Zig? 

He added Abadi that "the government Committee agrees opinion, but it calls for guarantees of non-forgery or reference currency in the markets," noting that "the large number of zeros generates mistakes, and if what has been deleted Snqll mistakes and deal be easier," stressing at the same time that "what we do is the study of safeguards to reduce fraud or return of the currency markets."

The way I'm reading this is...The government committee agrees with the call to "delete zeros" but they want guarantees against the higher denominations making it back into circulation. They clearly say here that the use of these HD's is causing problems by saying "the large number of zeros generates mistakes". The reference here is to the bills in circulation being the problem, not so much the zeros on them. If that is correct, then the process of "deleting zeros" here would be referencing the removal of the larger denominations after lower denominations are released and the dinar is re-valued or floated or whatever they plan to do. In other words, they will "delete" them from circulation. Something has to happen for the Iraqis to want to exchange the HD's, that being a change in value and/or the release of the LD's. A straight LOP doesn't get Iraqis turning in HD's. The opening paragraph says it as well:

"Revealed the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives on Thursday to postpone the process of deletion of zeros from the currency until after the next parliamentary elections, while confirming that the government demanding guarantees for currency Replaced not return to markets and forgery."

They are afraid of the HD's making it back into circulation which will breed fraud and forgery. This tells us that the removal of the HD's is not just some pipe dream of RVers but a real event. Could they LOP the zeros from the bills and then "delete" them from circulation...sure...but I just don't see that happening. We'll see.... :shrug:  :)

Edited by Hairball51
  • Upvote 2