Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance reveal postpone the deletion of zeros until after parliamentary elections

yota691

Parliamentary Finance reveal postpone the deletion of zeros until after parliamentary elections

Author: MK 
Editor: HH, OK 15.08.2013 15:20 Number of readings: 12 

Range Press / Baghdad

Revealed the Finance Committee in the House of Representatives on Thursday to postpone the process of deletion of zeros from the currency until after the next parliamentary elections, while confirming that the government demanding :eyebrows: guarantees for currency Replaced not return to markets and forgery.

Committee Chairman Haider al-Abadi said in an interview to (range Press), "The Finance Committee supports the replacement of the currency and delete the zeros because it will initiate the calculation," stressing that "it is possible to delete the zeros from the current currency, but it has been postponed until after the parliamentary elections."

He added Abadi that "the government Committee agrees opinion, but it calls for guarantees of non-forgery or reference currency in the markets," noting that "the large number of zeros generates mistakes, and if what has been deleted Snqll mistakes and deal be easier," stressing at the same time that "what we do is the study of safeguards to reduce fraud or return of the currency markets. "

The CBI said, in (25 April 2013), that there is no intention at this time to restructure the currency and deleting three zeros of them, denying reports that in this regard.

It is noteworthy that the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers announced in (12 April 2012), the patient in the application process to delete the zeros from the national currency, which had to stop all actions related to the mentioned process until further notice.

It is noteworthy that some economists believe that Iraq is not ready at the present time to delete the zeros from the dinar, pointing out that the deletion needs to stabilize the security and political as well as economic stability. Was the Iraqi Central Bank confirmed, (on July 3, 2013) that Iraq is "in control of the funds and treasury of gold "in international banks, one of the acting out, denying" the existence of frozen funds outside the control of the Iraqi administration, "While revealed that the reserve bank amounted to 76 billion dollars in the month of May last year, counting out of Chapter VII that" will allow Iraq more freedom to act to attract foreign investment. "

The International Monetary Fund, announced in the (March 23, 2013), that the funds preventive in the Development Fund for Iraq rose in 2012 to $ 18 billion, and cash reserves of the Central Bank of hard currency to $ 70 billion, and pointed out that this increase came from "revenue unexpected oil ", called on the Iraqi government to end the control of the state-owned banks on the banking sector, he stressed the need for Iraq to strengthen public financial institutions to ensure efficiency and transparency in the use of oil revenues.

They expected USAID, in (December 3, 2012) that leads the Iraqi economy, Arab countries within five years, stressing that Iraq possessed all the qualifications to be a powerful country economically. Iraq is trying for years to attract foreign capital to develop its economy in the fields of industry especially oil, including housing and oil and gas extraction, for need of funds for infrastructure development and reconstruction, but Mariqben contend that the lack of interest of the state to the private sector and the absence of investment laws which guarantees for investors and the absence of other laws that are still obstacles to the development of the economy in the form required.

Iraq relies which has the fourth largest oil reserves in the world at 95 percent of its annual budget on its oil exports and currently produces about two million and 900 thousand barrels per day, while the issue up to two million and 200 thousand barrels per day.

The UN Security Council voted on Thursday (27 June 2013), unanimously approved the decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII, after more than two decades of sanctions imposed whereby in the wake of the former regime's invasion of Kuwait on the second of August 1990.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

You keep saying your going to LOP the zero's off. So, whats so hard about that. Now, if there is going to be more to it like removing the zero's from the value,  I understand and I can wait another year to retire. Just as long as I can keep myself out of the rumors section, I think I can keep my sanity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

First of all, hopefully this is just a false article to throw us through a loop, so they can do the opposite and rv.

Also, isn't there an election happening in October or what is it that's happening in October? I can't remember, but I know there is something happening then.

Go RV!

I hate "smoke and mirrors!!"  Smoke gets in my eyes, makes everything smell, and clogs up the lungs. All mirrors make me look fat, old, and ugly!  I hate smoke and mirrors!   I don't need that.  

Retirement never takes age, it takes money.  This SPECULATION is looking more and more like buying a painting by Picasso while he was still alive.  It would not be worth much until he is dead and buried.  This SPECULATION has been delayed and delayed, and I fear that my children may benefit in retirement, but not me. :rocking-chair:   Hey, at least I left them something.   :D  :hug:

• Upvote 4

In my opinion only, this article is about an RD, so you should be relieved.  The fact they are waiting until after the elections is very telling.  Most redominations occur after elections, not before because of obvious reasons.  The people may not be happy about it or the RD may not generate the expectations and therefore blame the politicians.  This is from my research on RD/lops   So from this article I would say when Iraq talks about deleting zero's they mean an RD.

• Upvote 7

In my opinion only, this article is about an RD, so you should be relieved.  The fact they are waiting until after the elections is very telling.  Most redominations occur after elections, not before because of obvious reasons.  The people may not be happy about it or the RD may not generate the expectations and therefore blame the politicians.  This is from my research on RD/lops   So from this article I would say when Iraq talks about deleting zero's they mean an RD.

Of course they mean RD when speaking of deleting them zeros! Tis common sense! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All smoke and horse hockey. I don't see how they could announce to the world that they are going to drastically increase he value of their money. They just like to see their names in he papers. Kind of like okie just making stuff up just to see his name in the rumors section. All smoke and horse hockey fellas.