Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Missouri Fair clown draws criticism for Obama mask

Bumper64

bbd97be0096f381b3a0f6a7067004873.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A clown wearing a President Barack Obama mask appeared at a Missouri State Fair rodeo this weekend and the announcer asked the enthusiastic spectators if they wanted to see "Obama run down by a bull."

The antics led the state's second highest-ranking official, Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder, to denounce the performance in a tweet Sunday. He said it was "disrespectful" to the president.

"We are better than this," the Republican tweeted.

State Fair officials said the show in Sedalia was "inappropriate" and "does not reflect the opinions or standards" of the fair. "We strive to be a family friendly event and regret that Saturday's rodeo badly missed that mark," they said in a statement Sunday.

It wasn't clear if any action will be taken against the performers.

Perry Beam, who was among the spectators, said "everybody screamed" and "just went wild" as the announcer talked about having the bull run down the clown with the Obama mask.

"It was at that point I began to feel a sense of fear. It was that level of enthusiasm," Beam, a 48-year-old musician from Higginsville, said Sunday, referring to the reaction from the crowd that filled the fair's grandstand.

He said another clown ran up to the one wearing the Obama mask, pretended to tickle him and played with the lips on the mask. About 15 minutes into the performance, the masked clown had to leave after a bull got too close, Beam said.

Beam was at the rodeo with his wife and a student they were hosting from Taiwan. He said they were having a good time until the end of the rodeo.

"It was the usual until the very end at bull riding," he said. "As they were bringing the bulls into the chute and prepping them ... they bring out what looks like a dummy. The announcer says 'Here's our Obama dummy, or our dummy of Obama.

"They mentioned the president's name, I don't know, 100 times. It was sickening," Beam said. "It was feeling like some kind of Klan rally you'd see on TV."

Officials with the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association, the organization that coordinated the rodeo, did not return phone calls seeking comment Sunday.

After Beam and his family returned home, he posted a photo of the clown in the Obama mask on his Facebook page. The photo and the posting were then promoted online by a blog, Showmeprogress.com, which elicited a huge response Sunday on Twitter.

Scott Holste, spokesman for Missouri's Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon, said Sunday in an email that Nixon "agrees that the performance was disrespectful and offensive, and does not reflect the values of Missourians or the State Fair."

Beam, who grew up attending the State Fair and attends the fair just about every year, said he has never seen anything like the Obama mask display, which he felt was inappropriate for a state-sanctioned event that receives state funding.

"This isn't the Republican Missouri State Fair," Beam said. "It was cruel. It was disturbing. I'm still sick to my stomach over it. ... I'm standing here with a mixed-race family. My wife's from Taiwan, and so was the student (his family was hosting). I've never seen anything so blatantly racist in my life.

"If an old country boy picks up on something like that, imagine what a person of color would think."

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-fair-clown-draws-criticism-obama-mask-004950184.html

• Upvote 4

Started surfing in 1970 and seen the movie a few times that was great that you recalled that Bumper64.

1991 movie.

Regan served 81 - 89 not active but where was the outrage ?

Nobody cared.

ex-presidents.jpg

Edited by PD41
  • Upvote 3

This should teach us not to elect another black man for President. JUST because he's black, you can't criticize him or be against his policies or you are a racist. No, it can't be that you hate how he is running the country into the gutter or tramples the Constitution or is dividing the country along racial lines or circumvents congress and has so much controversy and scandals in nearly every department of government, oh hell no, it's just the fact he's black, according to the idiots. Get over it. He is the worst President in my lifetime, no matter his color. He sucks as a President. Get that through your head, if you think it has anything to do with his pigmentation. Besides, he's HALF WHITE too.

• Upvote 7

FOLKS...OBAMA HAS CORRUPTED THE LEFT SO MUCH IT'S RIDICULOUS!

IF THE JOKES OR CRIMES ARE ABOUT BLACKS/MUSLIMS/HISPANICS/JEWS/ASIANS...THEY ARE CONSIDERED RACIST!  BUT IF THEY ARE TOWARDS WHITES IN ANY WAY, FORM OR SHAPE...IT'S OK BECAUSE THE BRAINDEAD & ZOMBIE DEMONCRATS & LIBERALS SAY THEY ARE NOT RACIST, IT'S THE NORM!

EVER SINCE THIS KENYAN MUSLIM FRAUDULENTLY GOT IN TO OFFICE, THIS COUNTRY HAS BEEN MORE DIVIDED THAN EVER BEFORE...EVERYTHING ABOUT OBAMA IS CORRUPTED, RACIST, FRAUD, COVER-UPS, MURDERS ETC... AND NOT A DAMN THING IS BEING DONE TO THIS SOB!!!!

WAS THERE ANY MAJOR NEWS MEDIAS COVERING THE ATTACK ON THE SCHOOL BUS IN FLORIDA...NO, BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK KIDS DOING THE CRIME AND A BLACK BUS DRIVER IGNORED IT AND DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. WAS RACE AN ISSUE HERE...NO BECAUSE BLACKS ARE OK IF ONLY WHITES ARE THE VICTIMS!!!!!

AWESOME...EVERY STATE FAIR SHOULD HAVE THIS OBAMA CLOWNS RUNNING AROUND!!!!  OBAMA "IS" NOTHING BUT A LYING CLOWN SOB ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Out of everyone that saw the show, only one guy complains.

An out of work musician.

I wonder, if this guy was a decent musician he wouldn't have had to use this false claim in order to drum up some publicity.

That's the biggest problem. 

It's what Jackson has been doing for years.

Some morons will do ANYTHING for a moment of fame.

Even if it means turning on the entire Human Race.

o will be known as one of the worst POTUS in American history.

All we have to do is survive this imbecile, and make sure to clean both houses.

• Upvote 1

People did not say anything when things like this was done against a Republican president.   Dang hypocrites!  Because he's 'black' they feel they need to protect him?  Is he that weak of a president that they have to wrap their skirts around him?  DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN!!!!!

• Upvote 1

They want a war? Bring it on!!! At least a good old fashion fist fight! Something I have always loved from the time my US Navy golden glove boxer father taught me from a young age. People can say yea right. I could care less what people say. I will be a leader when the s*it hits the fan. Fear = defeat. I have no interest in recognition I just want revenge!!

• Upvote 1

People did not say anything when things like this was done against a Republican president.   Dang hypocrites!  Because he's 'black' they feel they need to protect him?  Is he that weak of a president that they have to wrap their skirts around him?  DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN!!!!!

Exactly. They did not say this even when it was a Democratic president. But because Obama is a different color than past presidents they can use the race issue to stir up racial tensions.

People did things like this with George Bush and even with black members of his cabinet Rice and Powell and no one had any issues. I guess since those blacks were Republicans and lot of black Democrats are racist against black republicans.

No one had any problems when people put an image of Bush's head on a pike:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/08/obama-rodeo-mask-is-racist-but-decapitated-george-bush-head-on-a-pike-was-funny/

No one said anything when they put a mask of Bush on the butt of a donkey:

http://www.freakingnews.com/Ass-Wearing-a-George-Bush-Mask-Pics-49739.asp

No one called it racist when they made the mask of Bush looking like a Nazi. Imagine the uproar if someone put a mask on the news of Obama appearing as a Black Panther: http://newsbusters.org/node/3586

One thing I have learned in life is that sometimes when someone does something to a person it is because they don't like the color of their skin BUT sometimes it is simply because they don't like the person for who they are. There are a lot of people who need to wake up and stop thinking that every time someone does something mean or disrespectful to someone of a different race, it is because they are racist.

• Upvote 4