Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shammari calls to set a date to reset the Iraqi currency

hammer911

“The investment of this reserve big help to raise the value of the Iraqi currency compared to foreign currencies, and thus will contribute to reduce the prices of goods and commodities, would be reflected on improving the living standards for the Iraqi people and thus contribute to the insurance community and reduce crime and the fight against terrorism.”

VOMER I like the statement in BLUE Letters from the article,

However no one knows which way this is going to turn out.... LOP, RV or a combo of both, we all have to put on our big boy pants and stop all the continual arguments, or discussions if you will every time one of these articles comes out.... Nough Said  :twocents:

DropItLikeItsHot  GO RV :twothumbs:

I like the discussing aspect, it helps me stay grounded. Its one reason I joined the site, makes me feel like you all aren't a bunch of Gurus. I like the debates.

And I totally agree Alex, whatever they do  - if they would just Do It Already!!

RV pleaaaaase

Hey Keep what say you,

Everyone knows that the issue we debate every single day a new article comes out is the issue concerning the translation of the phrase "delete the zeroes" and what it means. I may have just stumbled upon something pretty remarkable yet so simple...let me explain.

The issue has never been one of translation but one of the true meaning of the translation. It got me to thinking about how to find out the meaning of the words in Arabic. So here is what I did...

Knowing that dictionaries give us the meaning of words, I thought about trying to look up the meanings of the words in Arabic. I went to dictionary.com and found the section where you can translate words and phrases from one language to another. I set the translation parameters at "English to Arabic" and typed in the phrase "delete the zeroes" and hit translate. What I got back was this " حذف الاصفار". I then switched the parameters from "English to Arabic", copied and pasted the Arabic phrase "حذف الاصفار" and hit translate. The result almost knocked me off my chair! The result was..."leading zeroes"!!!!

See, a translation in Google just tells us the English words but it doesn't give us meaning...only dictionaries do! So the meaning of the phrase "delete the zeroes" is translated "leading zeroes"!  This is a game changer folks! This means the nominal value! Every time they have been mentioning "delete the zeroes", they have been meaning the "leading zeroes" from the nominal rate which turns .00086 to .86!!!! 

You can try this for yourself folks by going to dictionary.com and following the above directions..

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157223-break-through-in-delete-the-zeroes-translation/#ixzz2bQ1QpIFo

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I just did it.

Delete the zeros

to

حذف الأصفار

to

Leading Zeros

Thanks LadyGrace :twothumbs:

RV pleaaase

Still No New ISO Code....and folks complain about the GURU's....it seems to be a Double Standard...... :blink: 

ISO code?

I must admit I ran that through three different on-line translators and received the same results. 

Seems strange to me. 

noting that Iraq is not the only country to LEADING zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.

That doesn't make much since without a verb before leading.

• Upvote 1

I must admit I ran that through three different on-line translators and received the same results. 

Seems strange to me. 

noting that Iraq is not the only country to LEADING zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.

Drunken Dwarves.

• Upvote 3

Hey Keep what say you,

Everyone knows that the issue we debate every single day a new article comes out is the issue concerning the translation of the phrase "delete the zeroes" and what it means. I may have just stumbled upon something pretty remarkable yet so simple...let me explain.[/size]

The issue has never been one of translation but one of the true meaning of the translation. It got me to thinking about how to find out the meaning of the words in Arabic. So here is what I did...

Knowing that dictionaries give us the meaning of words, I thought about trying to look up the meanings of the words in Arabic. I went to dictionary.com and found the section where you can translate words and phrases from one language to another. I set the translation parameters at "English to Arabic" and typed in the phrase "delete the zeroes" and hit translate. What I got back was this " حذف الاصفار". I then switched the parameters from "English to Arabic", copied and pasted the Arabic phrase "حذف الاصفار" and hit translate. The result almost knocked me off my chair! The result was..."leading zeroes"!!!!

See, a translation in Google just tells us the English words but it doesn't give us meaning...only dictionaries do! So the meaning of the phrase "delete the zeroes" is translated "leading zeroes"!  This is a game changer folks! This means the nominal value! Every time they have been mentioning "delete the zeroes", they have been meaning the "leading zeroes" from the nominal rate which turns .00086 to .86!!!! 

You can try this for yourself folks by going to dictionary.com and following the above directions..

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157223-break-through-in-delete-the-zeroes-translation/#ixzz2bQ1QpIFo[/size]

You rock, ladygrace. You get an A+ from me. Way to think outside the box. Frikin' awesome. :)

Yeah, I just did it.

Delete the zeros

to

حذف الأصفار

to

Leading Zeros

Thanks LadyGrace :twothumbs:

RV pleaaase

ISO code?

For this to be a Neutral event as the Lop Guru's speak they must issue a New ISO code for the New Currency....Which they have NOT.....as of yet.....

• Upvote 5

First off I'm not an expert and, admittedly, some of my terminology may be a bit off but...

I have to disagree with you here keep.

It is my understanding that the nominal value isn't the face value at all. The face value of one dinar will always be one dinar, even if the rate of exchange declines or increases because, it's printed...on the face...ie face value. In the event of a decline, or increase in the market, the nominal value, however, will fluctuate to reflect the current climate of the market it is in. 

Nominal value is the face value.....its whats on the front of the bill.....the nominal value of a 25k note is 25,000 dinar. The gurus have also done a great job on keeping people from the truth on this one as well.....

nom·i·nal val·ue  
Noun
  1. The value that is stated on currency; face value.
  2. The price of a share, bond, or security when it was issued, rather than its current market value.

Synonyms
par - face value

Hey Keep what say you,

Everyone knows that the issue we debate every single day a new article comes out is the issue concerning the translation of the phrase "delete the zeroes" and what it means. I may have just stumbled upon something pretty remarkable yet so simple...let me explain.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157223-break-through-in-delete-the-zeroes-translation/#ixzz2bQ1QpIFo

I have to give the credit to Doc robbins.....he put it in words better said then I could....

Anybody who has studied another language can tell you that you can't get the correct meaning by doing a literal word for word translation.  You have to learn to translate thought for thought.  For example, if you want to say "what does it mean?" in Spanish you say "que quiere decir?" which literally means "what does it want to say?"  If you go with the literal translation you end up with a completely different meaning.

I contend that precedent is the best basis for understanding the meaning of "delete the zeros".  Can anybody produce one case of a country that announced they would delete zeros from their currency that didn't do a standard re-denomination?

I mean no disrespect to Hairball for starting the thread over here but Doc Robbins hit the nail on the head......Im afraid that this little translation by putting leading in there, just doesnt belong. Put it in with the rest of the article and it makes no sense. Did Turkey just remove the "leading" zeros?  Nope....sure didnt....

And they specifically stated Iraq is not the only country to delete the zeros, and that countries that deleted zeros before Iraq include Turkey and Lebanon. So, if you look at what those countries did, you will understand that what Tlar and Hairball are stating just isnt logical or correct.....not to mention, there is nothing stating that this word "leading" is relating to the zeros in front of the exchange rate.....its all just a stretch to make it fit.

Wish that was the case but its not. Central banks dont advertise giant revaluations to the world.....thats insane....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry but this sounds too LOPstery to me.  Anyone else?

noting that Iraq is not the only country to delete zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157228-shammari-calls-to-set-a-date-to-reset-the-iraqi-currency/#ixzz2bPcwfQVd

ye

Wait a minute, Keep...is there an echo in here?

I may be wrong, but you might have mentioned Turkey and Lebanon before...I can't be sure - let me check.

Oh yes - after exhaustive research I have found 2,311 posts from you regarding an LOP and these countries...

Shall I post them here form my archives, or shall we call a truce?

Seems strange to me. 

All right!

RFJ you figured it out too!

We have readers in here! Yes, there must be a verb or the "action" may be misconstrued

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait a minute, Keep...is there an echo in here?

I may be wrong, but you might have mentioned Turkey and Lebanon before...I can't be sure - let me check.

Oh yes - after exhaustive research I have found 2,311 posts from you regarding an LOP and these countries...

Shall I post them here form my archives, or shall we call a truce?

All right!

RFJ you figured it out too!

We have readers in here! Yes, there must be a verb or the "action" may be misconstrued

Yep....the CBI has mentioned them before......many have not seen them lol....

• Downvote 1