Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Break through in "delete the zeroes" translation???

What you translated doesnt say "deleting the leading zeros" it just translates to leading. So when you put it together, its incorrect. If you look and focus on only one word, you lose the purpose/meaning of the entire idea. This deleting the zeros plan has not changed since it was first put on the table years ago. Dont you think that if they were saying something else, that all the english news agencies would pick up on it? Not only that, but especially someone like XE.com which is a huge currency website? Thats their job, their purpose, and they are able to understand/translate that they are talking about redenominating.

It would be like the lotto commission giving out the winning numbers weeks in advance so everyone can buy those winning numbers....its just not plausible....

I know we all want it to be that way....especially the ones who are financially desperate....but desperation does not change reality unfortunately....

Keep, that is not how Arabic works. Every word in the language is based off of a 3 letter Arabic base and when other letters are added it changes the meaning. That's why these translations are all over the place. Again, I was looking for meaning, not translation. There is an arrangement of Arabic letters in the phrase "delete the zeros" that translates to "leading zeros". A certain Arabic letter was added to the overall phrase to give it certain meaning and context. I don't know how else to explain it really...

And I agree with you on your other comments...it doesn't seem plausible...but could it be possible? Give the next two pieces of evidence a look...They are very recent articles. In the first one, I highlighted the important part...See below...

Economic committee member urged CBI to resume the project of deletion of zeros from Iraqi dinars09 Aug 2013
facebook-news.png
twitter-news.png
google-news.png
Parliamentary commission of economy and investment of the Central Bank has been called by Iraq news network, in order to discuss the significance and process of deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currencies. It has to be noted that Iraq has recently got freedom from the sanctions of Chapter VII and according to the economic experts; it is advantageous to make decisions regarding restructuring of Iraqi currency at this moment. As the sanctions have been withdrawn, it is expected that Iraq will gain more business power in the world and will soon become a popular place for business venture. 

In the presence of members of the Committee on the economy and investment, MP Khalil mehma stated that the Central Bank should start a currency structure as a purely economic issue. The Attorney pointed out on this issue that Iraqi constitution should be changed accordingly if Iraqi dinar has to be reformatted. He also mentioned that Iraq will be the first country to take this initiative of deleting zeros from its currencies. The government of Iraq has taken some significant steps to build the future of Iraq on the foundation of the foreign investments into the country. Central Bank’s initiative to omit zeros will make the economy of the country stable and certainly will help the investors. Not only that, the common people of Iraq will also be benefitted if such measures take place in near future as this will lead to price stability of the market goods. 

MP Khalil also added that the project to omit zeros from the currencies of Iraq was pending due to the obligations of chapter VII. According to him government and the Central Bank of Iraq should rethink on this matter and should take swift measures to strengthen the economy of Iraq. Attorney Abdul Hussein abtan said project delays and the survival of the zeros in the Iraqi currency is reasonable as the Iraqi Central Bank reserves of 76 billion dollars and now dealing in thousands. 

In the month of August of last year, the CBI stated that it was then planning on omission of zeros from the Iraqi currencies. The deletion of Iraqi dinar will facilitate financial transactions made through cash. However, there is a bigger challenge in the way of deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency. Presently, more than 30 trillion dinars circulating in the Iraqi market which have to be discarded and replaced with a new currency. This task would not be easy, as opined by experts and observers. 

Updated 09 Aug 2013 | Soruce: AIN | By S.Seal

This is another recent article (from yesterday I believe) and if you read what I put below, you'll see that the mention of the deleting the zeros gets you a 1.16 rate. Just food for thought Keep. Maybe they will be the first nation ever to do it differently as the first article suggests...we'll see!!!

"In an attempt by the Government to improve the Iraqi currency, intended to delete the three zeros is pricing exchange rate 1.16 against the dollar, the dinar would replace the State budget $ 172 billion dinars, or the equivalent of about $ 150 million, and the Government is preparing to perform this step with the adoption of the "new dinar" requesting an order from the Central Bank to raise its value gradually down to be equal to the dollar. "

For the redenomination to be a neutral event, no change in purchasing power or value, both would happen, deleting the zeros from the currency and from the exchange rate.  1,000,000 dinars @  .00086  = $860  1,000 @ .86 = 860.  No loss, no gain in value against the dollar.  Now should it be an increase in value, with an increase in purchasing power as has been stated, then the exchange rate would have to happen first, increase the value of the dinar to some other percent, say  1,000,000 dinars @ .10 = $100,000 dollars, then I will be happy to exchange 1,000,000 dinars, 25,000 at a time for $2,500 each.  Not convinced that something of this nature can't or won't happen.     On the other hand, if a 1,000,000 dinars becomes a 1,000 dinars and worth $860, then no gain and very small chance for anything more than break even and that is if the dinar becomes 1 to 1 with the dollar.  Any thing over is a gain, but a small gain.  That is how I see it.  Hoping for a revalue of any size before any zeros come off the notes. 

This is another debate over a word or the translation of a single word...Older members should recall the epic and often ugly debates when the CBI used the phrase."Raise the zeros" and "Lift the zeros" rather than "Delete the zeros"

Should one go to the currency newshound site and their Delete Zeros archive you'll find every related article going back to 2010.

You'll see that the word delete is often substituted or translated to read subtract,subtracting,cancel,cancelling,drop,dropping,lift,lifting.raise,raising,omit,omitting and my all time favorite "the disarmament of the zeros"..

What should become clear after reading these articles,some of which are extremely detailed,is the 'stated' intent of the CBI..

The only debate left,imo,is will they actually do it and the key,as stated by members much smarter than I,is a new currency code.

• Upvote 1

This is another debate over a word or the translation of a single word...Older members should recall the epic and often ugly debates when the CBI used the phrase."Raise the zeros" and "Lift the zeros" rather than "Delete the zeros"

Should one go to the currency newshound site and their Delete Zeros archive you'll find every related article going back to 2010.

You'll see that the word delete is often substituted or translated to read subtract,subtracting,cancel,cancelling,drop,dropping,lift,lifting.raise,raising,omit,omitting and my all time favorite "the disarmament of the zeros"..

What should become clear after reading these articles,some of which are extremely detailed,is the 'stated' intent of the CBI..

The only debate left,imo,is will they actually do it and the key,as stated by members much smarter than I,is a new currency code.

Thanks Pocono, I will check them out! I will say that I have looked up "raise the zeros" and "lift the zeros" and the results have been the same, both come back as "the zeros" while the only time I get "leading zeros" is when I do "delete the zeros". But thank you, as I said I will check out those articles.

This is another debate over a word or the translation of a single word...Older members should recall the epic and often ugly debates when the CBI used the phrase."Raise the zeros" and "Lift the zeros" rather than "Delete the zeros"Should one go to the currency newshound site and their Delete Zeros archive you'll find every related article going back to 2010.You'll see that the word delete is often substituted or translated to read subtract,subtracting,cancel,cancelling,drop,dropping,lift,lifting.raise,raising,omit,omitting and my all time favorite "the disarmament of the zeros"..What should become clear after reading these articles,some of which are extremely detailed,is the 'stated' intent of the CBI..The only debate left,imo,is will they actually do it and the key,as stated by members much smarter than I,is a new currency code.

Yeppers......that is really the only debate left.....is if they will do it or not....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doesn't Arabic read right to left, not left to right? So what would be leading?

Just asking?

WM13

Your right!! 

So, I wrote down the numbers .00086

I stood on my head to read my laptop. That way I would be reading left to right but actually reading the numbers right to left. In Arabic!

Now I see 98000. lop the zeros?

DANG  $98 to 1 

GO RVVVVVV

Now I have a headache.....

• Upvote 1

Yeppers......that is really the only debate left.....is if they will do it or not....

While it's certainly laborious and time consuming I submit that anyone who reads all the delete articles, and they go as far back as 2007, in their entirety, will see a clear picture as to what the CBI is 'stating' they intend to do..It's still anyones guess as to whether they'll actually do it or when..

• Upvote 1

While it's certainly laborious and time consuming I submit that anyone who reads all the delete articles, and they go as far back as 2007, in their entirety, will see a clear picture as to what the CBI is 'stating' they intend to do..It's still anyones guess as to whether they'll actually do it or when..

Yep.....thats why its so annoying that the gurus have finally twisted something that we dont want to happen, into something that we want. Back when.i.first joined it was understood that we dont want them.to remove the zeros. Now we have people screaming go rv on the articles that mean they are going to redenominate. Such confusion and misinformation from the gurus has flipped everything around.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yep.....thats why its so annoying that the gurus have finally twisted something that we dont want to happen, into something that we want. Back when.i.first joined it was understood that we dont want them.to remove the zeros. Now we have people screaming go rv on the articles that mean they are going to redenominate. Such confusion and misinformation from the gurus has flipped everything around.....

Back then the only argument against a lop article was "smoke and mirrors"...now a lop article is an RV proclamation..

Those articles would usually end up in the lop section faster than the speed of light.

• Upvote 1

Yep... Even an economics-ignorant like myself got that... I'd say it's pretty clear.... We don't want them to castrate the zeros. We get the shaft if they do.

• Upvote 1