Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Break through in "delete the zeroes" translation???

I should've stayed out of this topic. My apologizes to you.

There has been overwhelming context to the intent, definition, meaning, and execution of what deleting three zeroes is. Just be wise you don't except what it means, now that's your choice. I obviously don't want deleting three zeroes to happen.

But I cannot twist, manulate, and change meanings to justify the outcome I desire. If you don't want to call blue- blue, but want to call it aqua, then fine. It's a stretch and pure desperation.

However, I respect your rights to give your points of views. I call a spade a spade. I don't want a spade, but don't tell me it's a wheel barrel. I still have character flaws in dealing with Such claims

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Try it for yourself....don't just take my word for it. Go to dictionary.com and follow the steps I took above. You will clearly see the translation come back as "leading zeroes"...

I know some of us have always thought that but there are those on here who really don't know and are on the fence about LOP vs. RV. I hope this settles it once and for all!!!

Another way is to hand the article to an Iraqi and ask him what it means. Of course they never give the same answers that we get on the forum. Imagine how much they could accomplish if they spoke their own language as good as people on here.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

Hi Hairball51;Could you do us all a favor and translate this article I picked up from Newshound today?

Thanks,

Baghdad: Iraq news network called the Parliamentary Commission on the economy and investment the Central Bank of Iraq, the need to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency after the land was available and exit Iraq from Chapter VII, and the economy is expected advantages and the results summary of Security Council-imposed penalty.

The words of the Rapporteur of the Committee, MP Khalil mehma, in the presence of members of the Committee on the economy and investment, the Central Bank should start a currency structure as a purely economic issue.

The Attorney said that the Iraqi Constitution between the need to change and delete the currency required by the economic situation of the country, and the public good, for Parliament and the Government to support the country’s economic identity, expecting to witness the coming budgets increase and prosperity after the investment companies to Iraq, noting that Iraq is not the only country to delete zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.

the MP Khalil project delete zeros and the objections of the Central Bank and the Government of Iraq requested that wait till an appropriate time and after coming out of Chapter VII all justifications and arguments ended this project. in turn, the alaktasadet Committee member criticized Attorney Abdul Hussein abtan said project delays and the survival of the zeros in the Iraqi currency and forIs it reasonable that the Iraqi Central Bank reserves of 76 billion dollars and now dealing in thousands.

The CBI had said in August that it planned to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar to facilitate financial transactions made through cash. among the difficulties faced by Iraq if it wanted to delete the zeros of the dinar is pulling about 30 trillion dinars circulating in the Iraqi market is then discarded and replaced with a new currency.

Q: Does that mean that they (CBI) actually plans to delete zeros in august, or that they just said they would in august, translation makes a World of difference.

Edited by RVWITHME

Everyone knows that the issue we debate every single day a new article comes out is the issue concerning the translation of the phrase "delete the zeroes" and what it means. I may have just stumbled upon something pretty remarkable yet so simple...let me explain.

The issue has never been one of translation but one of the true meaning of the translation. It got me to thinking about how to find out the meaning of the words in Arabic. So here is what I did...

Knowing that dictionaries give us the meaning of words, I thought about trying to look up the meanings of the words in Arabic. I went to dictionary.com and found the section where you can translate words and phrases from one language to another. I set the translation parameters at "English to Arabic" and typed in the phrase "delete the zeroes" and hit translate. What I got back was this " حذف الاصفار". I then switched the parameters from "English to Arabic", copied and pasted the Arabic phrase "حذف الاصفار" and hit translate. The result almost knocked me off my chair! The result was..."leading zeroes"!!!!

See, a translation in Google just tells us the English words but it doesn't give us meaning...only dictionaries do! So the meaning of the phrase "delete the zeroes" is translated "leading zeroes"!  This is a game changer folks! This means the nominal value! Every time they have been mentioning "delete the zeroes", they have been meaning the "leading zeroes" from the nominal rate which turns .00086 to .86!!!! 

You can try this for yourself folks by going to dictionary.com and following the above directions....GO RV BABY!!!!

Hairboll51,

Thanks for taking the time to do some leg work on this "delete the zeros" topic. It does bring some light to a topic that can KEEP some people very confused. 

Hey hairball,

Saw your reply on the other thread......

Can I ask where you got "leading" means nominal value??

But besides that, even if you take the zeros off the nominal value, that is actually referring to the face value....which would be for instance the number on the bill like 25,000 dinar. Not the .00086....

Definition of 'Nominal Value'

The stated value of an issued security. Nominal value in economics also refers to a value expressed in monetary terms for a specific year or years, without adjusting for inflation. When used in reference to securities, nominal value is also known face value or par value.

nom·i·nal val·ue  

Noun
  1. The value that is stated on currency; face value.
  2. The price of a share, bond, or security when it was issued, rather than its current market value.

Synonyms
par - face value

I was actually interested in your post because of what you were stating.....I really wish to find that we have it all wrong, but it still doesnt look any different then before....thanks for posting and for looking into it.....Ive been trying for awhile myself to debunk the whole deleting the zeros but to no avail....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Hi Hairball51;Could you do us all a favor and translate this article I picked up from Newshound today?

Thanks,

Baghdad: Iraq news network called the Parliamentary Commission on the economy and investment the Central Bank of Iraq, the need to delete the zeros of the Iraqi currency after the land was available and exit Iraq from Chapter VII, and the economy is expected advantages and the results summary of Security Council-imposed penalty.

The words of the Rapporteur of the Committee, MP Khalil mehma, in the presence of members of the Committee on the economy and investment, the Central Bank should start a currency structure as a purely economic issue.

The Attorney said that the Iraqi Constitution between the need to change and delete the currency required by the economic situation of the country, and the public good, for Parliament and the Government to support the country’s economic identity, expecting to witness the coming budgets increase and prosperity after the investment companies to Iraq, noting that Iraq is not the only country to delete zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.

the MP Khalil project delete zeros and the objections of the Central Bank and the Government of Iraq requested that wait till an appropriate time and after coming out of Chapter VII all justifications and arguments ended this project. in turn, the alaktasadet Committee member criticized Attorney Abdul Hussein abtan said project delays and the survival of the zeros in the Iraqi currency and forIs it reasonable that the Iraqi Central Bank reserves of 76 billion dollars and now dealing in thousands.

The CBI had said in August that it planned to delete the zeros of the Iraqi dinar to facilitate financial transactions made through cash. among the difficulties faced by Iraq if it wanted to delete the zeros of the dinar is pulling about 30 trillion dinars circulating in the Iraqi market is then discarded and replaced with a new currency.

Q: Does that mean that they (CBI) actually plans to delete zeros in august, or that they just said they would in august, translation makes a World of difference.

Here's what I got from Babylon translation:

"The initiative in August from leading zeros from Iraqi dinar"

that Iraq is not the only country to delete zeros from its currency, the preceding example States Turkey and Lebanon have succeeded bestWhen the economic situation resolution deleted zeros from their currency.Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157223-break-through-in-delete-the-zeroes-translation/page-2#ixzz2bPZc8LDj

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Hey hairball,

Saw your reply on the other thread......

Can I ask where you got "leading" means nominal value??

But besides that, even if you take the zeros off the nominal value, that is actually referring to the face value....which would be for instance the number on the bill like 25,000 dinar. Not the .00086....

Definition of 'Nominal Value'

The stated value of an issued security. Nominal value in economics also refers to a value expressed in monetary terms for a specific year or years, without adjusting for inflation. When used in reference to securities, nominal value is also known face value or par value.

nom·i·nal val·ue  

Noun
  1. The value that is stated on currency; face value.
  2. The price of a share, bond, or security when it was issued, rather than its current market value.

Synonyms
par - face value

I was actually interested in your post because of what you were stating.....I really wish to find that we have it all wrong, but it still doesnt look any different then before....thanks for posting and for looking into it.....Ive been trying for awhile myself to debunk the whole deleting the zeros but to no avail....

Good catch Keep....that is me simply typing the wrong term. I meant the nominal rate or the exchange rate and not value...Sorry bro...

Thanks,

I can't believe I'm going to say this but the way I'm translating these articles now, it helps having the original in Arabic so you can just plug the words in directly so you see the meaning. But to answer your question, I'm getting about the same translation as ReV with one exception...."...to facilitate financial transactions through the IMF."

Good catch Keep....that is me simply typing the wrong term. I meant the nominal rate or the exchange rate and not value...Sorry bro...

I can't believe I'm going to say this but the way I'm translating these articles now, it helps having the original in Arabic so you can just plug the words in directly so you see the meaning. But to answer your question, I'm getting about the same translation as ReV with one exception...."...to facilitate financial transactions through the IMF."

No difference really.....nominal rate/value.....

Its face value....

Where did you get "leading" equals the nominal rate/value anyways?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Breakthrough in the meaning of a word...I challenge

If you would've said.....here's what I think It means....I would've never touched this topic

But my apologizes to you though. I need to be more disciplined

No problem Sand...I appreciate what you and Keep bring to the table man...keeping us honest! Ha!

No difference really.....nominal rate/value.....

Its face value....

Where did you get "leading" equals the nominal rate/value anyways?

I must be confusing the terms then Keep...the nominal value is 25,000 or face value. The nominal rate is the exchange rate .00086...that is how I understood the two terms...

I recall a few articles from this year where they mention "omitting leading zeroes" but I'll have to dig to find them...I think one was from April and another from July...it was pretty recent if memory serves.

Ironically enough, this was posted here http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/157233-tlar-they-are-insinuating-big-change-in-currency-08082013/#entry1236395 just a while ago and has to do with what we're talking about...

I'll get back on here later...gotta take the wife and kids to dinner...ha!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doesn't Arabic read right to left, not left to right? So what would be leading?

Just asking?

WM13

Too bad Member Iraqi Queen has presumably left ship  for months ( if not years).. She's an Iraqi born  Lady who then migrated to the US   with her Family. She'd be supposedly trustworthy on translations. Again too bad.

Hairball.....

Your still assuming though that the word leading, means nominal rate......

And if you want to make that relation, then the CBI is telling the world that they are gonna appreciate their currency by 1000 fold lol.....

Not gonna happen......it really doesnt change the meaning of anything in regards to deleting the zeros. Especially when they are specifically stating following in the steps of other countries that lopped....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Thank You Hairball,   I for one appreciate your effort's ...I agree,  Its want I've always understood  it to be as well.  That was great of you to go to all that trouble, Thanks for sharing this with us......MIT    :twothumbs:

Hairball.....

Your still assuming though that the word leading, means nominal rate......

And if you want to make that relation, then the CBI is telling the world that they are gonna appreciate their currency by 1000 fold lol.....

Not gonna happen......it really doesnt change the meaning of anything in regards to deleting the zeros. Especially when they are specifically stating following in the steps of other countries that lopped....

Keep,    as much as I love the fact that you bring a challenge into all of this you have to remember one very important fact and that is that IRAQ is not like any other country out there that has ever RV . You gotta give it that.

Edited by millionaire in training
  • Upvote 2