Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Church faces suit for not performing *** weddings

yota691

Church faces suit for not performing *** weddings

Posted by Charleston Voice
PREACH WHAT WE SAY OR LOSE YOUR IRS TAX EXEMPTION!
Why salvation is no longer the message from the mainline church pulpits.

Even members of a congregation are too cowardly not to obey the government .......or, their own pastors! Whoever the state legislators may be that still believes we are a Christian nation, please come to the front of the legislature and explain to the people. If you won't stand up for your Christian beliefs you certainly can't be counted upon to stand up for liberty. 

But then, maybe you don't really believe in the Savior anyway. Going to a church every Sunday or weekday does not make you a Christian. One can only become one by accepting Him into your heart and going forth to do His works. For our country's salvation you must pray as if it's all up to Him, but work as if it's all up to you.

August 3, 2013 by B. Christopher Agee

image001-789659.jpg

Though many on the right realized it was inevitable, a planned lawsuit aimed at forcing churches to perform G A Y wedding ceremonies is nonetheless very distressing. 

A self-entitled homosexual couple in England recently announced their intentions to do just that.

With everything else American culture faces, it might seem irrational to focus on court action an ocean away. As we’ve seen so often in the past, though, the U.S. has an unfortunate record of following in Europe’s societal footsteps. The path for similar lawsuits on our shores has been cleared by recent Supreme Court rulings and the unilateral support of *** marriage by the Obama regime.

Saying that he and his partner “are forced to take Christians into a court” because they won’t perform a ceremony they deem sinful, Barrie Drewitt-Barlow illustrates the utter narcissism embodied by not only *** activists, but the left in general.

Despite his country’s support of perverting traditional marriage, he expresses the real driving force behind all leftist rants.

“I am still not getting what I want,” he complained. This could have been the motto of Occupy Wall Street if anyone involved in that violent train wreck could have formulated a complete sentence.

Although he and his partner could easily find another venue, even another church, in which they could “wed,” Drewitt-Barlow still somehow believes the “only way forward for us now is to make a challenge in the courts against the church.”

Hostility toward any church stressing modesty and virtue is emblematic of the selfish hedonists on the far left.
Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was just talking about this subject with my daughter the other day. Exactly where does separation of church and state come in?? The government should not be able to force a tax exempt entity to perform a ceremony that goes against it's doctrine. Religious freedom...isn't that the way of our constitution?

I have friends who are not hetrosexual and although I love them as friends, I would not agree in any manner to them trying to force a church into marrying them. There are plenty of other venues and other churches which do accept homosexuals into their congregation and would preform the ceremony.

I am really really tired of the few dictating to the many. And throwing temper tantrums because they are not getting their way.

• Upvote 2

***///

Not ALL churches have to perform weddings.

How can the gubmnet FORCE churches to alter their religious beliefs

and practices..?

THEY CAN'T.

Hopefully this little cry-baby's attorney will soak him for every last nickel while he pretends to fight for a lost cause.

People who worship beastiality and call themselves a "church" can get tax-exempt status and surely any "marriage" they perform isn't legal!

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 2

Sad, very sad state of affairs.

God's Word is True, it is The Law.

"every knee will bow and every tongue will confess"

• Isaiah 45:23 NKJV
    I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath.
  • Ezekiel 7:17 NKJV
    Every hand will be feeble, And every knee will be as weak as water.
  • Romans 14:11 NKJV
    For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God."

Judgement Day is coming

WM13

• Upvote 3

The *** couple are british nationals, suing in the UK. Separation of church and state is in the United States. 

Now tell me whats the purpose of bringing a news of a nation that has NO separation of church and state and make it look like its in the US where there is a separation of church and state???

The *** couple are british nationals, suing in the UK. Separation of church and state is in the United States. 

Now tell me whats the purpose of bringing a news of a nation that has NO separation of church and state and make it look like its in the US where there is a separation of church and state???

Because this is happening all over the EU, and the United States. It won't be long, it will be throughout the world.

It's wrong, it's Satanic, and it's spreading.

WM13

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

***///

We have reason to be wary here...

already the zealots have tried to force the Catholic Church to dispense abortion (morning after) pills,

telling Christian Charity Hospitals they cannot go about their daily tasks and mention God, Jesus or The Bible, can't display crosses or put Bibles in the patients' rooms....

They are ALREADY making a big push here.

The sooner we see it, the quicker we need to stop it !

• Upvote 1

Once the federal government got involved and they were recognized then they became a 'protected' item.  Regardless of all the nice media about how people's rights universally were going to be protected it was a lie.  If you do not want to support a *** wedding you are open for law suit.  This goes from the minister to the cake decorator.

• Upvote 1

Amen, Amen, Amen. WE as the Body of Christ, must stand up and be counted as believers in Christ Jesus. As being in complete relationship with Him and His word. We must be literally willing to be put to the sword for His sake. To bow to no other God, idol, government or law that goes against God's word. Not as a Theocracy but as a Democracy. We must be willing as The Body of Christ to attack and counter sue with all we have, including our/His money, anyone who should try to do this in the United States, England, and else where. We have our constitutional rights! We are in a democracy! Why we have devolved to sheep status in the U.S. is beyond me. Democracies once were governments run by the people where the majority ruled. It would basically suck if you were in the minority. At least you could always go off and do your own thing in a collective of sorts provided you did not violate any federal or state law. Or you change, verses society changing you.

As a society and a country America, let us return to this type of democracy.

Whats the potential fallout in a form of society/government where the minority rule the majority - - - chaos. What has historically happened to societies and governments where chaos ruled? They fell and stayed in disarray until a strong force/movement came to regain control and set a course to a full and complete democracy again. Just look to Iraq. You had an abusive minority in power there for 30 plus years ... just saying. France back in the day. Our own revolution. See what I mean.

May God bless America, least we run to the hills and await His return.

Does anyone out there know if there is a counter suit going on in England over this and where we can send a dollar or two their way to battle this suit? A legit source that is?

• Upvote 2

***///

Churches still have the right to say "no pre-martial counseling - no wedding"

If the Church believes the "applicants" fail the pre-marital church indoctrination, too bad.

bye-bye.  Can the gubment take THAT right away from a Church as well?

And what about the Christian Science Church. They don't perform weddings.

If a  g a y  couple say's THEY have to marry them or lose their tax-exempt status, what happens then?

Christian Science is wiped off the American landscape by  g a y s....?

***///

the gubment does NOT have the right to DEFINE how a religion is practiced.

What if we said , hey, all that muslim call to prayer 5 x a day is annoying - knock it off!

could the gubment tell THEM how to practice THEIR Faith?

There IS a higher court than the SCOTUS -

and they HAVE been over-ruled by Him.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 2

When the Lord led us to start a work, we were told clearly that we MUST file for 501c3 status immediately or risk all kinds of Govt intrusion. When the papers arrived 3 years and thousands of dollars later, I stood flat-footed in my pulpit and told the congregation what a scam it was. The cover letter says clearly the CHURCHES are automatically tax-exempt and DO NOT need to file for 501c3 status. Yet to this day I see articles and emails attempting to scare new pastors into following suit. This is PRECISELY because the Govt WANTS to demand your obeisance....

IT IS PAST TIME FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST THE STAND IN ONE ACCORD AS THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH DID AND UNDERSTAND THE LATENESS OF THE HOUR !!!

Their piece of paper means nothing to me...and even Dr Billy Graham held a Pastors seminar to declare the same thing....WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !!!

• Upvote 3

This is just another way for satan to shut down the church. His influence, spirit of antichrist , is running rampant throughout the earth including governments and Its only gonna get worse. Persecution of Christians will increase before Jesus returns for His church in the Rapture. I believe that it will get so bad that the church will have to go underground in order to continue ministry and when this happens I feel we will see great revival in this country.

We take or religious freedom for granted but its about to be taken away but only for Christians, not any other religion.

• Upvote 1

When the Lord led us to start a work, we were told clearly that we MUST file for 501c3 status immediately or risk all kinds of Govt intrusion. When the papers arrived 3 years and thousands of dollars later, I stood flat-footed in my pulpit and told the congregation what a scam it was. The cover letter says clearly the CHURCHES are automatically tax-exempt and DO NOT need to file for 501c3 status. Yet to this day I see articles and emails attempting to scare new pastors into following suit. This is PRECISELY because the Govt WANTS to demand your obeisance....

IT IS PAST TIME FOR THE BODY OF CHRIST THE STAND IN ONE ACCORD AS THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH DID AND UNDERSTAND THE LATENESS OF THE HOUR !!!

Their piece of paper means nothing to me...and even Dr Billy Graham held a Pastors seminar to declare the same thing....WAKE UP AMERICA BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !!!

***///

The DECEIT of the thing is the thing....!  It's horrible and outrageous!

The SCOTUS was/is WRONG.

This is just another way for satan to shut down the church. His influence, spirit of antichrist , is running rampant throughout the earth including governments and Its only gonna get worse. Persecution of Christians will increase before Jesus returns for His church in the Rapture. I believe that it will get so bad that the church will have to go underground in order to continue ministry and when this happens I feel we will see great revival in this country.

We take or religious freedom for granted but its about to be taken away but only for Christians, not any other religion.

***///

Would the satanic evil in OUR White House settle for nothing less...?  No.

One religion in his book - Satanism

He only gives the Muslims a pass because he fears them. He is a coward, after all...... <_<

• Upvote 3

Awww thanks....I missed the England part.....read to fast :)

Because this is happening all over the EU, and the United States. It won't be long, it will be throughout the world.

WM13

That right there is a very big assumption. we have way too many people who are keeping an eye on things like this.

What you believe is that, YOUR beliefs. i am not criticizing them I am criticizing the vile attempt to make something happening in the UK where there is no separation of church and state and try to make it look like its here, where we do have the establishment Clause in our Constitution. That is like making people believe if they take the guns away from the people they are violating their second amendment rights, but the problem is another, there is no right to bear arms in the UK.

I see it as a vile attempt to rile up the masses by misdirection and half truths. And half truths are full lies in my book.

Once the federal government got involved and they were recognized then they became a 'protected' item.  Regardless of all the nice media about how people's rights universally were going to be protected it was a lie.  If you do not want to support a *** wedding you are open for law suit.  This goes from the minister to the cake decorator.

the federal government did not get involved anywhere this is happening  in the UK where there is no separation of church and state. just FYI the official state sponsored church in England is the Church of England, we in the US do not suffer that problem thanks to very smart and diligent founding fathers.

That right there is a very big assumption. we have way too many people who are keeping an eye on things like this.

What you believe is that, YOUR beliefs. i am not criticizing them I am criticizing the vile attempt to make something happening in the UK where there is no separation of church and state and try to make it look like its here, where we do have the establishment Clause in our Constitution. That is like making people believe if they take the guns away from the people they are violating their second amendment rights, but the problem is another, there is no right to bear arms in the UK.

I see it as a vile attempt to rile up the masses by misdirection and half truths. And half truths are full lies in my book.

the federal government did not get involved anywhere this is happening  in the UK where there is no separation of church and state. just FYI the official state sponsored church in England is the Church of England, we in the US do not suffer that problem thanks to very smart and diligent founding fathers.

90% of the politicians don't even know there is no such thing as the so-called separation of Church and State. When asked they can never point to any law, regulation or anything that says there is a separation of church and state. The 1st amendment is not that. See if you can prove these facts wrong: The Myth of the Separation of Church and State - http://www.tgm.org/mythofseparation.html

Also, things might one day get that bad here in the US. Just look at stories like this to see the direction this country is headed:

Washington State Sues Florist for Refusing *** Couple's Wedding

http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equality/2013/04/10/washington-state-sues-florist-refusing-***-couples-wedding

22 Christians Arrested for Praying in Front of White House

http://politichicks.tv/column/22-christians-arrested-for-praying-in-front-of-wh/

Christians Arrested for Preaching in New Orleans After Sunset; Police Vow to Target Churches Next

http://christiannews.net/2012/09/15/christians-arrested-for-preaching-in-new-orleans-after-sunset-police-vow-to-target-churches-next/

America, 2010: Christians hauled to jail for preaching Jesus

http://www.wnd.com/2010/06/169577/

Christian preacher jailed for praying. Here’s the rest of the story …

http://blog.speakupmovement.org/church/religious-freedom/christian-preacher-jailed-for-praying-here%E2%80%99s-the-rest-of-the-story-%E2%80%A6/

• Upvote 2

true GP.... in point of fact the phrase "separation of church and state" was in a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to the First Baptist Church of Danbury CT, to assure them there would be no "Church of America" as there was a "Church of England"...

BTW it is also in the Constitution of the Soviet Union 

• Upvote 2

***///

Those seeking relief from Religious persecution came to these shores to practice freely.

The government has NO right to tell us how to practice our own Faith.

We understand that if our Religion included throwing virgins off cliffs, murdering our daughters for wearing make-up or showing their faces and bare heads in public, stoning people to death, cutting off heads and hands, flogging them to death, beating them to death, dunking members for presumably being witches, that there would be some trouble with THAT....

but forcing people to change their peaceful practice of Faith and their beliefs and personal relationship with God is wrong.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 1

WM13

Exactly Waterman, United States and the whole world/ we are not exempt from satans evilness. 

This administration is actually indoctrinating that Christian teachings are immorally wrong.  The evilness say this, because moral principals puts restraints on unbridled behavior and passion, therefore violating the rights of certain individuals. 

They blame religion as the culprit, as the oppressors of freedom.  So we Christians are labeled the oppressors.  They think Christians are mindless.

Christians can't be blind and deaf anymore.  No more SILENCE!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Yep, this is happening in the UK, not the US. Which raises another point: if you get some "authorization" from the government, they can tell you what to do. Simple as that. Dont want idiotic gubermint involvment? Dont get the 501©. Dont give to your religion based upon the goal of getting a tax-break. doesnt your Bible say, "for god loves a cheerful giver...." Not, "God loves a cheeful giver who looks for a tax-break at the end of the year...." My ex-wife used to belong to a church that had no exemptions. If you reported your donations to the IRS, that church WOULD NOT furnish any supporting documents. they were constantly reminding their members that you give with a pure heart and not for the intention of getting a refund or lowering your tax burden. dunno, just saying......Peace

***///

Ahhhh... EAGLE's post..... :)

proof of what TheDOC is saying.

No 501C status = worship freely & without theft, graft, corruption, encumberance, of gubment....

No 501C status required unless you're in the God BUSINESS.... as so many are. <_<

Answer only to GOD.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ