Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams chat 8/7/13

stangernan

11:46 AM [Adam Montana] Morning! Official chat time, sorry if I'm interrupting any important conversations!
11:46 AM [kcw] Adam did you wear a hat this am?
11:47 AM [kcw] we have a flock of deer flying over head    
11:47 AM [Adam Montana] I wear three hats at once.
Topic: official chat NO TYPING
11:47 AM [Adam Montana] ok everyone! Official chat time.
11:47 AM [Adam Montana] I'm going to give a very brief summary on the latest updates and then get right into the questions
11:48 AM [Adam Montana] Big items in the news this week... they are bringing tariff discussions up again. I am very happy to see this happening, and I'll explain why.
11:50 AM [Adam Montana] First, a tariff is (in this case) a tax on imports or exports. We all know that with the average Iraqi living in poverty at this time, any extra taxes are going to be met with fierce opposition from the public - it would be political suicide for someone to fight FOR additional expenses on the Iraqi people without first making their situation better.
11:51 AM [Adam Montana] Additionally, with the average Iraqi living in poverty at this time, how much are they really going to gain with an extra tax? Their purchasing power is so low at this time that all the extra tax will do is make people angry! However, if there is a significant change in the value of the currency, and therefore a significant change in the purchasing power of the average Iraqi, then a new tariff can be accepted.
11:51 AM [Adam Montana] And let me just tie that all together with one final point...
11:52 AM [Adam Montana] The tariff they are discussing will affect ALL of Iraq... this includes Kurdistan. This is a tax that covers the ENTIRE region. You know what else affects the ENTIRE region? If you said "HCL", please go to the front of the class!
11:54 AM [Adam Montana] Once we have an agreement on the HCL, and most likely at that time we will see the rate either spike or raise very rapidly, a new tax would be much easier to swallow. At this time, it will not work... but show me an RV, and there's no problem.
11:55 AM [Adam Montana] Let's see, what else is in the news... more talk of removing the 0's, but that's nothing new. More talk of raising the value, but that doesn't necessarily mean "RV tomorrow" - we are just seeing that they are focused on moving forward. I like that - keep it up :twothumbs:
11:56 AM [Adam Montana] Sorry, lost connection.. I think I'm back
11:57 AM [Adam Montana] Ramadan is over tomorrow evening, which also means I'll be closing VIP again... with any luck, we will see some movement shortly. Fingers crossed!
11:57 AM [Adam Montana] Ok, that's all I have for now! It's been pretty quiet during Ramadan, but I do like the HCL and tariff discussions. Saint, whenever you're ready!
11:58 AM [saint] one2one is the C.B.I. simply going to say " we rv'd at the same rate as Kuwait "--do they need approval from the IMF--or anybody else ?
11:59 AM [Adam Montana] one2one actually - yes. When the CBI says "the rate is XYZ", that means they are promising to buy the Iraqi Dinar for that rate. If they pay it - that's what it's worth. No IMF, UN, CC (Camel Committee), or any other approval necessary. :twocents:
11:59 AM [Adam Montana] next please!
11:59 AM [saint] DINARSTUPID Adam, Do you think that the VND will be reset the same time frame as the RV on the Dinar?
12:01 PM [Adam Montana] hi DS, no - I really don't think they are tied together that close. When the dinar RVs, it will do so because the Dinar is ready. The VND is it's own currency with it's own parameters.
12:01 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:01 PM [saint] stealthwarrior Good Morning Adam,with what he have been reading about these high pensions and lawyer payouts at 400,000 to 1,000,000 dinar,then how could we see an rv at 1 to 1,or 3 to 1?these people would have been paid a small fortune in compensations.
12:04 PM [Adam Montana] I don't think it will ever come out at 3:1, but 1:1 is a possibility. I think 1:0.10 is more plausible (see my thesis on the rv rate at http://iqd.me/l/rvrate ) but nonetheless... yes, there are some people that stand to make a LOT of money on an RV. Massive wealth is not unlikely for many Iraqis. Iraq sits on a majority of what is arguably the most valuable commodity on the planet! I've sat on planes a few rows back from Sheiks that had pens in their pocket worth 10's of thousands of dollars, accompanied by people in clothes that made mine look like rags. It is not hard to imagine that some of them will indeed make billions on something this big. :twocents:
12:04 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:04 PM [saint] kgreen With the US governments increasing willingness to look into our calls, emails and other communication, are those of us that log onto Dinarvets for updates, reading the Chats, etc.
12:05 PM [Adam Montana] I don't see a question there, but I assume you are asking about your security or privacy here on DinarVets? DV is a secure site on a dedicated server network, but I cannot control what happens between your computer and my servers. :shrug:
12:05 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:05 PM [saint] jwds56 how is everyone ? What is this about something called the ki cards? I'm not understanding a lot about this rv. Can you enlighten me ?
12:07 PM [Adam Montana] jwds56 it sounds like you are a "newbie" here - You can spend hours and days reading and researching and getting confused... or you can just get my book. It's free in the VIP section, or you can get it on DinarVets in the "Announcements" section.
12:07 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:07 PM [saint] dylham Hi Adam, theres talk that there has being an In country RV with the smart cards and we're just waiting on it to go International. Do you know anything about this.? Thanks in advance.
12:08 PM [Adam Montana] There has been no in-country RV. I have a standing agreement with several contacts in Iraq that will let me know the minute something like that happens. I have a standing commitment to you members to pass that information along as soon as it happens. In other words... if you didn't hear it from me, it didn't happen. :tiphat:
12:08 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:08 PM [saint] Off-the-grid I still wonder if the trigger the CBI is waiting for is a prseset ratio of reserves to outstanding currency. IF they have a rate already in mind, rather than going to whatever they can afford when someone else says "Do it now!", then this ratio would be important. It would not be the ONLY thing that is important (like HCL, and the projected oil production), but could this be a hold-up for the RV? I'm not sure knowing this will be helpful or not, but I value your opinion. On a relaterd note, is there a strong enough reason to be dollarizing so aggressively other than preparing to RV someday (vs bunny-ear)? Are these huge auctions necessary just to maintain the current exchange rate? Thanks
12:10 PM [Adam Montana] Hi off-the-grid, good question. It sounds like you have a ood handle on the economics and how the CBI's role works, so I will just agree with you - YES, the CBI will definitely have to take their reserves and the amount of cash on the street into account before deciding on the rate. :twothumbs:
12:10 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:10 PM [saint] johngrider Hi Adam, I'm sorry if, last week I seemed like I was saying that the value of the Dinar had changed. Let me clarify, this is a speculation, I think that GID Associates and I, think that 1).The value is going to go up soon, at the CBI, because of Chapter 7 ending and 2).The value is going up again soon, because of the end of Ramadan and the "Gift" to the people of Iraq, on the last day of Ramadan.When I quoted changes in the value of the Dinar, I was quoting the changes at GID Associates. They changed their price, just before Chapter 7 ended, at $25.00 USD to 1- $25,000. Dinar note, that is 1000/1 and on 7/22/2013, GID Associates again changed to $30.00 USD to 1- $25,000. Dinar note, that is 833.50/1. The misunderstanding is that they have changed in Iraq and they haven't. GID Associates and I are just Very hopefully "Speculating", nothing else. I'm just hopeful that the HCL isn't going to affect the RV and that the "Gift" to the people of Iraq is very beneficial to the people of Iraq and a
12:10 PM [Adam Montana] Thanks for the clarification sir!
12:10 PM [Adam Montana] next please!
12:10 PM [saint] MK1964 Hi Adam, one question according to your theory that IQD will revalue after lifting of Ch.7 and HCL approval. What if both terms are fulfilled and still not RV. Possible? How much sure are you that RV will follow Ch.7 and HCL??? Thanks on your opinion.
12:12 PM [Adam Montana] I'm not sure what you're asking... is it possible that they will decide not to RV? Of course it's "possible", but it seems far more likely that they will either RV or at least continue to raise the value. In my opinion, the more progress they make... the more likely they are to raise the value in a much more significant manner.
12:12 PM [Adam Montana] Our time is coming, sooner and sooner all the time!
12:13 PM [Adam Montana] That's it for this week - As always, I'll be back with any major news. Otherwise I'll see you next week. Have a great day!
Topic: open floor

adam today.txt

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

"I have a standing agreement with several contacts in Iraq that will let me know the minute something like that happens. I have a standing commitment to you members to pass that information along as soon as it happens. In other words... if you didn't hear it from me, it didn't happen."

Doesn't get much more bottom line than that!  This is the kind of stuff that makes DV the wonderful place it is.

Adam and Mods - appreciate all you do and bring to the table.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

Great chat Adam, sorry I missed it but I had a surprise lunch date with my oldest daughter that I couldn't pass up!!   :)

Thanks Stangernan for copying this chat for all of us to read!   :twothumbs:  :tiphat:

Well It's Good To See That Ur Back At Ur Post ! :o

funny-gifs-Men-in-Black-glasses.gif

:D     :D     :D

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, AM....paraphrasing an old song a bit - 

Our day will come

(Our day will come)

And we'll have everything

We'll share the joy

(We'll share the joy)

That the RV/RI will bring

Hey Wpsmit... Hope all is fine with you...... Remembering your great love for the Who  I  was wondering if you maybe got the chance  to see my "The Who  for NYC"  clip yet....Take care. Ciao..

I get the feeling that Adam is ready for this roller coaster ride to end as much as the rest of us and welcome us aboard his cruise liner that he has so laborously constructed. There will be waves to go through on the cruise journey, but with Captain Adam at the helm it will be smooth sailing compared to what we have been through on this investment. You never know, Captain Morgan may acompany us with a drink to seatlle the nerves of those that are first time sailors.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Adam and Mods - But I just read this article that someone post from Wealth Daily stating a strong IQD would shut Iraq down and Iraq have no plans on RV their currency anytime soon - I hope this is not true but have some logit behind it.  I hope Adam and/or one of the Mods can share some light to this subject:

A strong IQD would shut Iraq down like the 2008 credit crisis nearly shut American down. And just as the U.S. central bank has been doing all it can to keep interest rates down and prevent the USD from strengthening too much, so too will the CBI continue to do what it can to keep the IQD down.

Since redenomination is not the same as revaluation, investors would do best to find other ways of benefiting from Iraq’s future rise, since they won’t find it in the dinar – no matter how many or how few zeros it has.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155612-wealth-daily-article-72413/#ixzz2bJ4CI1wo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Eburt that's just an opinion piece. Don't forget not too long ago financial experts were baffled why people would buy into Iraq. Now many are coming on board. Look at our stock market and our economy. Do you really put a lot of faith in our financial experts? I don't.

• Upvote 5

Eburt that's just an opinion piece. Don't forget not too long ago financial experts were baffled why people would buy into Iraq. Now many are coming on board. Look at our stock market and our economy. Do you really put a lot of faith in our financial experts? I don't.

isnt everything an opinion piece
  • Upvote 1

Good point Amos - I certainly do not put any faith into our financial experts...

• Upvote 1

12:07 PM [saint] dylham Hi Adam, theres talk that there has being an In country RV with the smart cards and we're just waiting on it to go International. Do you know anything about this.? Thanks in advance.

12:08 PM [Adam Montana] There has been no in-country RV. I have a standing agreement with several contacts in Iraq that will let me know the minute something like that happens. I have a standing commitment to you members to pass that information along as soon as it happens. In other words...

... if you didn't hear it from me, it didn't happen. :tiphat:

I know that's the case Adam... and we appreciate that... so when it comes to Belize post RV... will that still be the case ...the "you didn't hear it from me" part??? ... just checkin'!!!  :eyebrows: 

Thanks for all the work mods, and of course thanks for your diligent work Adam... always appreciated!!!    ;)  

Well It's Good To See That Ur Back At Ur Post !

***///

DinarThug Clown, Rodeo Clown, BarTender Clown, now ModPolice Clown.... :o

Definitely a RENAISSANCE CLOWN. :cigar:

Is there nuttin' ya cain't do, Clown...? :confused2: 

Gal's... has Thug ever mentioned that he's pretty

good when he's got his grove on too!!!  :eyebrows: 

king_of_clowns_iphone_5_cover-rad76d48f7

• Upvote 3

Great Chat Boss & Strangernan Great Job with chat , I got caught up taking a customer home and Once I helped her to her house she had a please help me list . I couldn't say no to the poor lady she has no one else to help her . :confused2::angel:

Your a good man Viz. :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

"I have a standing agreement with several contacts in Iraq that will let me know the minute something like that happens. I have a standing commitment to you members to pass that information along as soon as it happens. In other words... if you didn't hear it from me, it didn't happen."

That was my favorite part of the chat.................Thank you Adam and Mods.............as always great to hear from you.. :bravo:

• Upvote 3