Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ebay Seller Says He Won't Ship In Case Of An RV?

rulesforrebels

Okay so I thought this was interesting. I was looking at Dinar on ebay and this particular ebay in his listing states...

ATTENTION: In the event of the RV (revaluation) of the Iraqi dinar  and prior to the sale item concluding 

or prior to order being shipped, the seller retains the right to issue 

a FULL REFUND in lieu of shipping the product. 

I thought this was kind of interesting seeing as how in a different ebay thread someone was concerned about this very thing happening. Now this is really nothing unique to ebay as many dealer have in their terms and conditions or terms of service they reserve the right to cancel any order at any time, however thought it was interesting an ebayer states right in his listing if it rv's evne if you paid he's gonna refund your money and keep your order for himself.

Now of course this is against ebay rules and against ebay terms of service. If someone were to buy, and it rv'd and they complained there's really nothing the buyer or ebay can do about it, ebay can't force the seller to send their item or sell the item to them but none the less it is against ebay terms of service to have conditions like this. I guess if someone reported the listing ebay would take it down but after the fact if it were to rv really nothing ebay can do to make the seller sell it to you.

Just wanted to point this out to anyone buying on ebay. I still buy on ebay but this is something to consider...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-000-new-Iraqi-Dinar-25-000-dinar-x-4-bills-Unc-/231025018494?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item35ca2a067e

• Upvote 1

WOW, Thanks for the heads up.  Need to pay attention to those sale terms.  I hope this is an indicator that the RV is around the corner.

Here's the thing though. Ebay sellers are not allowed to add their own terms. For example, ebay gives a buyer something like 3 days to pay before the seller can open up a claim against them, however some ebayers in their listing will say "buyer is required to pay within 24 hours." that's not allowed ebayers aren't allowed to make up their own terms and conditions and actual ebay rules override anything an ebayer says in their listing,not only that but its against ebay tos to make up your own terms plus they are not enforceable.

Say hypotheticlaly if I hoppedon ebay and reported this seller and his listing ebay would review it and probably remove the listing from ebay, however IF I bought this item and paid for it tonight and the DInar RV'd before the seller made it to the post office he would keep my package for himself. It's against ebay rules but again ebay can't force him to send it to me so I'm basically out of luck and will just get my money back.

Wow isn't that Nortec's morman freind? Anyway policy says he can close auction before the time is up and not sell, but if paid for and not shipped I think that policy states otherwise.

exactly many buyers will say something like "i also have this item for sale locally and reserve the right to remove the listing if i sell it there first." that is allowed if not within the last 12 hours of the item being up, however this buyer is saying even if you paid for the item if he hasnt shipped it yet he will give you your money back and NOT send the item in the case of an rv

Just another creative way to pump sales.... Easy way to catch newbies.... Better bid up fast!

I really don't think so. Most ebayers dont read anymore than the title, I can tell you that because I'm constantly getting people asking me questions about my listings that are clearly contained within the listing. What size is that shirt? It says medium right in the description lol. I actually think this guy thinks it wil rv and he doesn't wanna send off say $50,000 worth of product that someone paid $50 so he's just gonna keep it for himself and give you your money back.

Okay so I thought this was interesting. I was looking at Dinar on ebay and this particular ebay in his listing states...

ATTENTION: In the event of the RV (revaluation) of the Iraqi dinar  and prior to the sale item concluding 

or prior to order being shipped, the seller retains the right to issue 

a FULL REFUND in lieu of shipping the product. 

I thought this was kind of interesting seeing as how in a different ebay thread someone was concerned about this very thing happening. Now this is really nothing unique to ebay as many dealer have in their terms and conditions or terms of service they reserve the right to cancel any order at any time, however thought it was interesting an ebayer states right in his listing if it rv's evne if you paid he's gonna refund your money and keep your order for himself.

Now of course this is against ebay rules and against ebay terms of service. If someone were to buy, and it rv'd and they complained there's really nothing the buyer or ebay can do about it, ebay can't force the seller to send their item or sell the item to them but none the less it is against ebay terms of service to have conditions like this. I guess if someone reported the listing ebay would take it down but after the fact if it were to rv really nothing ebay can do to make the seller sell it to you.

Just wanted to point this out to anyone buying on ebay. I still buy on ebay but this is something to consider...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-000-new-Iraqi-Dinar-25-000-dinar-x-4-bills-Unc-/231025018494?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item35ca2a067e

I have read this many times over the years from many different sellers. Its just the way it is

I have read this many times over the years from many different sellers. Its just the way it is

It's the way it is if you choose to buy from this guy. Let's be real probably most sellers will refuse to send int he case of an increase in value anyways but personally I probably wouldn't buy from this guy for this reason.

WOW, Thanks for the heads up.  Need to pay attention to those sale terms.  I hope this is an indicator that the RV is around the corner.

Usually it's not.. I remember stuff like that from the past. They just pump it up.

Business techniques..

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Ebay used to sell like most dinar delears up to a few million per transaction.  Now they limit it to only up to $1000.  Seems like the end is near or Ebay doesn't want to be in the middle says a RV were to take place.  Rulesforrebels,The post you made earlier about the seller mentioning that if an RV were to take place, he/she has the right not to ship the item seems strange.  I thought it was a seller and buyer agreement on Ebay?  Well, common RV we know you are just around the corner!!!

Go Super RV! ! !

Usually it's not.. I remember stuff like that from the past. They just pump it up.

Business techniques..

I like your Quote umbertino.  "PUMP...PUMP...PUMP IT UP!!!!" :) However, hard to pump pump, pump it up on ebay as you only can purchase $1000 at a time....lol Good luck on that...lol

Go Super RV! ! !