Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

If and when the Dinar RVs...Trade in period

EMPHATIK

If and when the Iraq Dinar RV's, how many days will we be given to trade our old currency for the new currency?  Please post solid

evidence or speculation information.  I was trying to Google some information on currency trade in period and also was browsing the

IMF website for any laws on this.  Would be good info if someone could post a link.  :)

Go Super RV! ! !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

***///

It could vary --- depending on what it does and how it does it.

Old Denoms may run concurrently for some period of time with New / Lower denoms,

there may be a 30-day window....

There are all kinds of variables / possible case scenarios. :confused2: Nobody knows.

Check out some of Mr. Adam Montana's writings in this regard -- right here at DV...! :tiphat:

Nobody knows until it happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If and when the Iraq Dinar RV's, how many days will we be given to trade our old currency for the new currency?  Please post solid

evidence or speculation information.  I was trying to Google some information on currency trade in period and also was browsing the

IMF website for any laws on this.  Would be good info if someone could post a link.   :)

Go Super RV! ! !

Why would you Equate a RV with trading in old currency for new currency? (Unless the new currency was USD)

and why would you think there would be an exchange window associated with a RV?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

IMF website for any laws on this.  Would be good info if someone could post a link.   :)

Go Super RV! ! !

The CBI Law, Secton 7 Article 36 - Redemption of curency

-

• Upvote 3

Why would you Equate a RV with trading in old currency for new currency? (Unless the new currency was USD)

Emphatik,et.al., please pay attention to what sportfisher is asking. He/she is "spot-on" with the questions. You must understand that you did not invest (in the traditional sense of say, buying a share of stock) when you exchanged your USD for your IQD. You simply exercised a currency exchange, i.e., you swapped one currency for another.

If the IQD changes in value, you may want to exercise another currency exchange, or not. IF, Iraq implements a redenomination, there may be a time period for swapping the old IQD for the new IQD.

Go RV !

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anything is possible. Maybe draw in old currency and Revalue at the same time or Exchange old notes into electronic numbers or just straight exchange for the new currency in general. I just was leaving rooms for options and trying to see hard evidence.

Thank you Markinska for the lunk :)

Go Super RV! ! !

• Upvote 1

Emphatik,et.al., please pay attention to what sportfisher is asking. He/she is "spot-on" with the questions. You must understand that you did not invest (in the traditional sense of say, buying a share of stock) when you exchanged your USD for your IQD. You simply exercised a currency exchange, i.e., you swapped one currency for another.

If the IQD changes in value, you may want to exercise another currency exchange, or not. IF, Iraq implements a redenomination, there may be a time period for swapping the old IQD for the new IQD.

Go RV !

This is a guru myth, there is no such thing as a currency exchange, banks buy and sell currency. You cannot walk into a bank in the UK with a fistful of USD and expect to exchange it for Indian Rupees or any other currency.

You have to sell the USD to the bank and they will pay you in the local currency, then you must place an order for the currency you require. If they have it available they can sell it to you there and then for a price in the local currency, or they can order it on your behalf for collection at some future point. It is two separate transactions. 

• Downvote 1

Go Super RV! ! !

Now there is a great oxymoron - solid evidence or speculation information....BWAHAHAHA

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Go RV !

The currency exchagne that I am talking about is if iraq were to draw in the old notes and issue new ones??? Wouldn't that be called exchanging currency? Or is there another term that I'm not fimiliar with? To me that is an exchange or swap.

i just need one day

Not if you have to go to Iraq to cash in, if that's the case you'll need more than one day

The currency exchagne that I am talking about is if iraq were to draw in the old notes and issue new ones??? Wouldn't that be called exchanging currency? Or is there another term that I'm not fimiliar with? To me that is an exchange or swap.

it's called outmoding a currency. Look into the Mexican Pesos, they did this in 1996 or 1993. You can see how it worked. Just do a quick google search

• Upvote 1

if i have to go to iraq to cash in, i am not cashing inr

total speculation here but if thats the case i would guess dealers would start providing a service of either cashing in or swapping notes for you for a fee of course as i imagine very few of us want to take a trip to iraq

what would really suck is if they outmoded the notes prior to an increase in value. then you are faced with having to go to iraq to swap for new notes but without an increase in value. not only do many of us probably not have the money to buy a flight to iraq and handle and pay for all those logistics but at that point is it even worth the risk or expense to swap for new notes which aren't worth much money?

Edited by rulesforrebels
  • Upvote 1

total speculation here but if thats the case i would guess dealers would start providing a service of either cashing in or swapping notes for you for a fee of course as i imagine very few of us want to take a trip to iraq

what would really suck is if they outmoded the notes prior to an increase in value. then you are faced with having to go to iraq to swap for new notes but without an increase in value. not only do many of us probably not have the money to buy a flight to iraq and handle and pay for all those logistics but at that point is it even worth the risk or expense to swap for new notes which aren't worth much money?

i doubt that ever would be an issue;   but i don't need the money or care enough to actually go to iraq