Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 7-31-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

[Adam Montana] ok everyone, good morning! Here's the latest with the Iraqi Dinar - we are not cashing in yet, and the value has not been announced by any government agency despite what some of those clowns out there are saying.

[
Adam Montana] Now that we've made it this far through Ramadan, I have to revert to my customary stance on Iraq during Ramadan - nothing significant is going to happen until Ramadan is over

[
Adam Montana] There are quite a few questions on HCL in this weeks list, so I'll hold off on discussing that for now

[
Adam Montana] But I will give you a quick notice that due to some issues my current VIP members had in renewing their VIP accounts... I've decided to open VIP back up for a limited time

[
Adam Montana] it will close again on August 8th

[
Adam Montana] Since the HCL truly IS the most important thing on my watch list right now, let's get into the question list

[TexasGranny] TexasMike1958 HI Adam......there is a report that a finance committee member stated that the deletion of the zeroes from the currency will start this year. Can you explain what this means for our investment?? It sounds like very good news. Thank you for all of your hard work.

[
Adam Montana] Hi Texas, thanks for the question. There have actually been a number of reports that indicate this process will be done this year.... unfortunately, there are also numerous articles that state the opposite. We have to remember to take all the "reports" with a grain of salt and instead focus on the facts. FACT: Iraq is FINALLY out of Chapter 7. FACT: The value of the IRaqi Dinar has steadily increased over the past decade and we believe it is poised to do much more. The question is only "when". :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] next please!
[TexasGranny] calkid11 Good morning Adam, I haven't found anything on the HCL being done yet, wondering if they are hiding it ? your opinion on that. Thank you for all you do. Also with all the fighting here lately do you think it will affect any progress on the RV happening? Thank You

[
Adam Montana] I don't think they are "hiding" it, but they are very possibly sitting on the verge of an agreement. Keep in mind that the HCL is a huge deal - when they push that button, there is going to be a LOT of work to do. If they RV simultaneously, there will be even MORE work to do. I just do not think they are going to take that task on during Ramadan, but after August 8 they can start putting in some overtime!

[
Adam Montana] Regarding the fighting - it's nothing new, it's not excessive (relatively speaking), and I don't think it's going to play a major role at this time.

[
[TexasGranny] johngrider Hi Adam, Thanks for all that you do !!! I have owned Dinar since 2004. I bought from GID Associates at 1562.500 Dinar/1.00 Dollar. Shortly thereafter it changed to 1170./1. Around April 2013, just before the Bankruptcy ended, it changed to 1000./1. Now, Monday 7/22/2013, it has changed again to 832.500./1. My Question is: Has GID Associates seen something we haven't ? I've seen how gas prices 'change' before the barrels of oil, go up. I think that this is just like 'that' and we are already seeing the RV, in a very slow fashion. Look at the lines at the Banks in Iraq. Remember they are looking at the "Buy and Sell" rates, not the price per Million. The Banks make their money on the "spread". A huge change makes no logic. If they leave the Denomination's the way they are, each individual investor will "cash in" when the "value" reaches what they want, not all in the same "short time period" or "day". These are just my thoughts and I think GID agrees ...

[
Adam Montana] Hi John, first off congrats on the profit you've already made! Your situation is a prime example of what I was just saying - the value has gone up and I believe it will continue to do so. Regarding the rates you posted, I think those are a bit off - the dinar is currently at 1166 per 1USD, not 832. Regardless, to answer your question.... I don't think GID is aware of anything that we aren't privvy to, they are just running their business based on the market they are in.

[
Adam Montana] And regarding the spread on cashing in, you are correct - the dealers will have their own spread or markup. They aren't going to perform the service for free!    

[
[TexasGranny] dinarbeleiver There have been articles calling for Maliki's resignation- what's the likelyhood of this happening. Personally I feel they should keep with the status quo. Also what is your favourite car? Thanks mr Adam Montana

[
Adam Montana] Maliki isn't going anywhere. My favorite car? What price range?! :lol: I saw a Jaguar F Type in an airport on my last trip and it was gorgeous... and under 100k 

[Adam Montana] next please!

[TexasGranny] BKD Adam, thanks for all you do. My concern is all the violence happening in Iraq at the present time. Do you think that this will have a detrimental affect on an RV and delay it for many more months?

[
Adam Montana] Nope, I don't think the violence is at that kind of level. It's pretty much "normal" for Iraq

[
[TexasGranny] sandfly ha adam, (someone) said they are telling there people about the rise in the dinar. So what is ur take on this

[
Adam Montana] I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you are refering to... but if it's about a guru spreading rumors, I think you know my opinion :tiphat:

[
[TexasGranny] tankdude Mr. Montana - Eid-al-Fitr, as I recall, is Aug. 7th. This is traditionally an Islamic holy day of feasting, prayer and gift giving. In most Islamic countries, the government will "gift" the people with something. Now - I know you don't give dates or rates - and I appreciatte that - but with things going so strongly, I can't help but get a bit of a "warm fuzzy" about that date. What say you? As good a date as any?

[
Adam Montana] "gift to the people" - it doesn't get much warmer and fuzzier than that! :twothumbs:

[
[TexasGranny] sadman You would think with all the GooRoo's spewing "the fact" that all over the Iraq TV they are telling their people that the value of their currency will be going up, then why would these same people still be turning in their IQD's for USD ? I believe that the Iraq people, just like the US population have lost confidence in their government and they beileve that nothing will be done in the near future. Adam, do you feel that Parliament and the GOI really know the true meaning of "Delete the Zero's" or "Raise the Zero's". I feel that the CBI have lead them to believe that they will do a redenomination so that is why they have not been in any hurry to pass many laws needed. If the CBI were to tell the GOI and Parliament exactly what the plan was then everyone in Iraq would be HOARDING the IQD. What are your thoughts !
[
Adam Montana] !

[
Adam Montana] It's true that they are still exchanging for USD and visa versa... the bottom line is that until the RV is actually announced, it's going to be "business as usual". They aren't going to continually operate on the assumption that "tomorrow is the day". :twocents:

[
[TexasGranny] GameChanger Adam, with all these "Articles" of what the CBI, Gov. Officials, etc. are wanting and needing re: the RV/RD.. it seems they are telegraphing the RV or ARRREE THEYYY? Why would they be doing that? It would seem that letting the world know they are going to RV that EVERYONE (individuals and governments, etc) would rush in and buy IQD which would seemingly cause a problem. Can you please explain?

[
Adam Montana] GameChanger, the "articles" that state the GOI "needs" an RV are not from news sources - they are opinions of (most likely) speculators and "gurus". The plain cold truth is that Iraq does not "need" an RV - they could continue to infinity with an 1166 rate. But why would they WANT to do that?

[
[TexasGranny] Perryl99 Adam, What is your take on the impact of last weeks massive prison break regarding the stability of Iraq's gov't, and the impact on the RV?

[
Adam Montana] Good question. I actually put out a couple feelers and watched that one quite closely, to see if there was any political ramifications or any reason to take special notice of it... from what I heard and what I've read, there is nothing special about it. Just an ordinary every day prison break.

[
[TexasGranny] stealthwarrior Good morning Adam,what do you think of this scenario? what if Iraq were to issue the new currency,then RV,then declare all dinar printed from 2003 until now is insolvent.would this benefit Iraq the best?

[
Adam Montana] That is exactly what might happen! That's the scenario I'm talking about when I say there could be a "cash in window" - a limited amount of time to exchange your currency.

[
[TexasGranny] adlon Now that Chapter 7 is no longer an issue, it appears that we are on “HCL” watch. My question is: Why is HCL an integral component to revaluation of the currency?

[
Adam Montana] adlon, good question. The HCL (Hydro Carbon Law) is the main holdup preventing Iraq from functioning as a complete business. While the Shiites and the Kurds are arguing over who gets the most out of the proceeds of their sales, they are not focusing on what should be their prime concern - sales! Once they have an agreement in place, there is nothing left to stop them from dominating the market in production, which will obviously back them up on any rate they want to maintain

[
Adam Montana] I hope I didn't over-simplify that one    

[
[TexasGranny] brbrlocke When you closed VIP in June I didn't need to renew but since Iraq is still being Iraq my membership will expire this weekend. Any discount codes still available for us to use?

[
Adam Montana] brb - I just re-opened VIP access for a limited time. Any time I give a discount I have to talk to my accounting team to make sure we aren't running too "lean" - I have to make sure the funds are there to cover the services, basically. If I am able to give any discounts, I'll send an email tomorrow. At this time there are none running.

[
[TexasGranny] hohoho Is there any validity that the UN could reimpose Chapter VII if Iraq doesn't jump through some sort of "hoops" within a certain timeframe?

[
Adam Montana] hohoho - love the username    

[
Adam Montana] The UN technically COULD do that, but I don't think there's any validity to the notion that they would. :twocents:

[
[TexasGranny] coolbeans Adam, there are persons saying that the IQD will never RV but start off as a float at the current rate of .1160 and take 2 years to get to 1 to 1. Do think the IQD will float at the current rate and do a slow rise over years?

[
Adam Montana] coolbeans, that's another good question. I give it a 50/50 chance of that happening. If you're interested in my reasoning, please see this page: http://iqd.me/l/rvrate

[
Adam Montana] Ok everyone, I guess that was it! In summary, I don't see anything happening for the next week, but after Ramadan I have the HCL on my watch list. If I hear anything exciting I will pop back in here, otherwise I'll catch you in the VIP or in the chat next week. Have a great day!

[
Adam Montana] open floor

[
Adam Montana] thank you all

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Good job explaining hcl. Chapter 7 let's Iraq run as a govt, Hcl let's them run as a bussiness. Lets hope they go big right out of the gate, however, anything over a dollar will be fine by me. I just hope that their rate has been under for sooooo long that they want to raise it high (enough) to show the world that they still have their big boy pants. Currency backed by gold and oil, sheesh we should see something nice after Ramadan

• Upvote 6

[TexasGranny] Perryl99 Adam, What is your take on the impact of last weeks massive prison break regarding the stability of Iraq's gov't, and the impact on the RV?

[
Adam Montana] Good question. I actually put out a couple feelers and watched that one quite closely, to see if there was any political ramifications or any reason to take special notice of it... from what I heard and what I've read, there is nothing special about it. Just an ordinary every day prison break.

++++++

Adam.....always enjoy your dry sense of humor..............an ordinary Iraqi prison break of 500 plus........jihadis........but then again..........it is Iraq !!!!!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2013/0722/How-many-jihadis-just-escaped-from-Abu-Ghraib

• Upvote 2

I met a guy from Jordan in Las Vegas last week that said his uncle and other people he knew bought a lot (and I mean a lot) of the old Saddam money before the new Iraqi Dinar currency came out (for speculation).  He told me that when they introduced the new Iraqi Dinar currency that they closed the border (at least to his country) and only allowed exchange in Iraq.  The border to Jordan didn't open back up until the exchange period was over and the speculators he knew lost everything.  He even went further to say a couple of them that put all they had in it took their own life.

He seemed like a nice, smart, and good-looking young man.  With that said, I personally took him at his word, so if this guy is correct everyone doesn't always get a 3 month window to exchange.  He did go even further though and said that while this speculation is a risk, it could be a very nice retirement account.  He and the people he knew from his country feel it will appreciate, but not as soon as a lot of the speculators here believe it will.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To my knowledge there has always been at least a 3 month window on every re denomination / currency swap. :twocents:

Thanks for the quick response. Your a true gentleman.

Scotty

LOLcoorslight, hey What's 500 jihadies amongst friends?

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 1

I think Aug. 8th or shortly thereafter is a great chance for them to drive this new found freedom home imo.... I can't see them taking the humbled stance of using someone else's currency much longer....  after all it is the M.E., and they got their pride to be thinkin' of!!!  Besides... they gotta trade up for a better model camel every few years!!! :rolleyes: 

race_camel1.jpg

Thanks for postin' TG and all the mod's that work so hard... and thanks for the optimistic chat Adam... much appreciated!!! ;) 

• Upvote 2

[Adam Montana] Good question. I actually put out a couple feelers and watched that one quite closely, to see if there was any political ramifications or any reason to take special notice of it... from what I heard and what I've read, there is nothing special about it. Just an ordinary every day prison break.

++++++

Adam.....always enjoy your dry sense of humor..............an ordinary Iraqi prison break of 500 plus........jihadis........but then again..........it is Iraq !!!!!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2013/0722/How-many-jihadis-just-escaped-from-Abu-Ghraib

Hey coorslite21....You've got the same humour as me! I laughed my head off with Adam's comment: Just an ordinary every day prison break.

:bravo:

• Upvote 1