Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

wondering

I was reading thru the chat logs as I often am, and it occurred to me that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the catagories of members. there seems to be senior members, junior members, members, etc. As I read thru these looking for dates, or some sort of correlation, I found none. Could someone shed some light on this for me. I know it is probably of no consequence, but it is a matter of curiosity, at least to me.. Thanks in advance. Ron:rolleyes:

I was reading thru the chat logs as I often am, and it occurred to me that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the catagories of members. there seems to be senior members, junior members, members, etc. As I read thru these looking for dates, or some sort of correlation, I found none. Could someone shed some light on this for me. I know it is probably of no consequence, but it is a matter of curiosity, at least to me.. Thanks in advance. Ron:rolleyes:

I was wondering the same. I have seen senior members that have just been members since feb. and jouniors that were members in jan 09. Not sure what it all means

Hi RON,

From what I observed, it appears that it has something to do with the number of posts you've participated in. That's just an educated guess. I'm positive that BarbAnn will get an actual answer - she's very reliable, and will do what she says.

RON ;)

Ok, I confess..I have no clue, but will do my best to get you an answer!

Works for me. Thank you to all who have responded to my query.. I must confess however, that I looked at this also and the numbers still didn't make sense. And I guess, it brings forth another question. Is this the number of times that you initiate a post, or respond to anothers post, or a cmbination of the two?? Just looking for answers. Thanks again everybody. Ron

It is a pity that the progression does not related more to quality of input than to quantity (without regard to quality) On some other sites I have noticed that many 'senior' members give the appearance of having far to much time on their hands!

By comparison Amazon's Reviewer system takes into account the quality of the reviews, in a fairly complex manner, that promotes those who actually have something worth saying.

Yup, someone had posted the same question previously and it's based on your posts, over 100 posts gets you into the "Senior Member" category...lol.

Actually Chief, if you look at different posters, (for lack of a better term), you will see that this is not the case either. Probably a good idea, but not accurate. After I saw the return comments, I thought I would check and see if this were in fact the case. Nope!! Sorry, but this is not the correct answer.. Ron

It is a pity that the progression does not related more to quality of input than to quantity (without regard to quality) On some other sites I have noticed that many 'senior' members give the appearance of having far to much time on their hands!

By comparison Amazon's Reviewer system takes into account the quality of the reviews, in a fairly complex manner, that promotes those who actually have something worth saying.

This may be true, however, many times the things tht people have to say may be impportant to them or to someone new to the site. I feel that this would be a dificult task.. And while I am at it, I hvaae posted a number of times and my number doesn't seem to change anyway.. Perhaps it is only reviewed occasionally.. Like I said in the beginning of this thread, I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.. Thanks to all who have responded.. Maybe the correct answer will show up...

Sorry it took me so long to get this answer. Apparently you become a Senior Member once you have posted over 100 times. It appears to be based on active participation.

Sorry it took me so long to get this answer. Apparently you become a Senior Member once you have posted over 100 times. It appears to be based on active participation.

OK. Thanks for getting back to me. No problem with the time element, as I am just waiting on an RV anyway.. LOL.. I would refer you however to an earlier response by me to this same answer by Chief. .. Just a thought.. Thank you again Barbann. Ron

It seems that would be highly subjective. Who make the decision as to the quality of the post. One may think that a post is the greatest post ever made and another may think it stinks. When it is all said and done, who gives a rat's bootie? All I am really interested in are two things. The date and the rate. I'm a senior member because I posted over 100 posts.

Keep the posts coming. It helps pass the time waiting for the RV!