Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Longer Able To Buy More THan $1,000 Worth Of Dinar On Ebay

Hey guys not sure if anyone else has noticed this new policy but it really sucks. In the past dealers and individuals on ebay were selling 5 Million Dinar, 10 Million Dinar, etc. There was one ebayer who had a very good price up for 10 million, I was considering buying and had recently noticed he took it down. I then noticed almost all ebayers took down large listings. I called around to a few and asked why. 

They informed me in the past you could buy for example over 5 million Dinar on ebay but just couldn't pay with Paypal b/c Paypal limited them to sales of $1000 and under,however you could pay with a cashiers check. They said ebay basically adopted the Paypal policy so now they can't even list items over $1,000 on ebay.

I decided to call up ebay and ask them about it, they apparently don't understand their own policy. They claim its a sanctioned item, however this can't be true as a sanctioned item couldn't be sold at all, not just under $1,000. They said this policy applies to the Dinar but not the Dong or ohter currencies. I found this to be really odd but you can't argue with ebay. I contacted a few ebay sellers and people offered to do sales outside of ebay and lie on Paypal invoices saying its jewelry or other items, however I imagine that would violate my Paypal buyer protection so don't plan on doing it.

Anyone else know anything else or come to find out aobut this policy htemselves?

I never bought from Ebay but that is very strange..

obviously ebay reps aren't going to be experts on every policy, however found it strange that they would call it a sanctioned item. sanctions by definition are illegal things that cannot be sold ie cuban cigars, people buying canadian dollars to go to cuba is illegal. if it were sanctioned they woudln't allow sales period, not just under $1000. one ebayer i had called said he was told by ebay that it wasn't sanctionedbut that people were violating paypals rules and i guess with paypal/ebay technically beingthe same company they stpped in. who  knows whats really going on but itd definately wierd.

I bought some from eBay in the past but in the past year or so there are only ever about 30 to 40 listings on eBay UK so I dont even bother looking any more.

Just checked there and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45-DAY-OPTION-50-000-000-NEW-IRAQI-DINAR-50-MILLION-DINARS-TO-BUY-25000-100000-/251312353478?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item3a836230c6

45day Option to buy 50 million dinar ..... never noticed deals like that in the past.

obviously ebay reps aren't going to be experts on every policy, however found it strange that they would call it a sanctioned item. sanctions by definition are illegal things that cannot be sold ie cuban cigars, people buying canadian dollars to go to cuba is illegal. if it were sanctioned they woudln't allow sales period, not just under $1000. one ebayer i had called said he was told by ebay that it wasn't sanctionedbut that people were violating paypals rules and i guess with paypal/ebay technically beingthe same company they stpped in. who  knows whats really going on but itd definately wierd.

I know exactly what your talking about ..... I notice fake silver and gold bullion all the time. they have no problem with people listing that.

I've questioned ebay about it in the past , I asked them why they facilitate people selling fake coins .... which is highly illegal ... bullion cion's are legal tender...... anyway they never responded , I guess there just after the revenue from sales.

• Upvote 1

I bought some from eBay in the past but in the past year or so there are only ever about 30 to 40 listings on eBay UK so I dont even bother looking any more.

Just checked there and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/45-DAY-OPTION-50-000-000-NEW-IRAQI-DINAR-50-MILLION-DINARS-TO-BUY-25000-100000-/251312353478?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item3a836230c6

45day Option to buy 50 million dinar ..... never noticed deals like that in the past.

I know exactly what your talking about ..... I notice fake silver and gold bullion all the time. they have no problem with people listing that.

I've questioned ebay about it in the past , I asked them why they facilitate people selling fake coins .... which is highly illegal ... bullion cion's are legal tender...... anyway they never responded , I guess there just after the revenue from sales.

I would stay away from options, especially on ebay. First off just my personal opinion but I think your better off buying physicalDinar than options anyday even if you only have $100 to spend pick up a 100K Dinar dont buy an option.

That said I especially wouldn't buy them on ebay. First off I doubt the sellers have the Dinar to back the option. The link you posted is one of the bigger guys on ebay so maybe he does maybe he doesn't but technically ebay doesn't allow stocks, lottery tickets, options, layaways or anything that is not a physical object to be sold ie they no longer allow people to sell good wishes in a jar or ghosts in a jar lol. Options are the same thing. Should you wind up in a dispute ebay will not cover you nor will paypal.

I would stay away from options, especially on ebay. First off just my personal opinion but I think your better off buying physicalDinar than options anyday even if you only have $100 to spend pick up a 100K Dinar dont buy an option.

That said I especially wouldn't buy them on ebay. First off I doubt the sellers have the Dinar to back the option. The link you posted is one of the bigger guys on ebay so maybe he does maybe he doesn't but technically ebay doesn't allow stocks, lottery tickets, options, layaways or anything that is not a physical object to be sold ie they no longer allow people to sell good wishes in a jar or ghosts in a jar lol. Options are the same thing. Should you wind up in a dispute ebay will not cover you nor will paypal.

Don't worry I never had any intention buy buying into the layaway scam ..... I didnt come down in the last shower.

• Upvote 1

Potential lawsuits from buyers, possible... Trying to reduce risk.

i know anyone can sue anyone for anything but ebay has terms and conditions which i imagine block them from anythign and place all blame on sellers. if they were concerned about lawsuits you'd think layaway would be the first thing they'd crack down on. 

i dont think its anything about lawsuits i think it has more to do with banking and money laundering laws but it seems like even ebay and paypal are confused about why they are blocking it lol

This must be a new rule that was recently put into action.

Most of my holdings I purchased from eBay--and a couple of those transactions were for more than $1000 US [more than 1 MIllion Dinar]

My last purchase was August of last year.

But you are correct---every search variable I could think of to plug into has all sales at $999.99 or less.

This must be a new rule that was recently put into action.

Most of my holdings I purchased from eBay--and a couple of those transactions were for more than $1000 US [more than 1 MIllion Dinar]

My last purchase was August of last year.

But you are correct---every search variable I could think of to plug into has all sales at $999.99 or less.

I've bought over $1,000 as well on ebay. I was told that its always been against the rules to do more than $1,000 through paypal but because so much transactions go through ebay and paypal they would rarely catch it unless they had some reason to look into a particular transaction or account. I guess its always been against paypal rules but just recently ebay has jumped on board

I've never bought dinars on E-Bay I've always have gone through the dealers .

Now heres my question what seems to be the problem with layaway?  

At the moment I have some dinars on layaway with a reputable dealer,  is there something that I should be worried about?

Does anyone know something that I dont?

At the moment I have some dinars on layaway with a reputable dealer,  is there something that I should be worried about?

Other than losing the $ you put into your layaway if you don't pay the remainder when the time is due I wouldn't think so

I have bought Dinar on Ebay and have a 100% rating.  The only time I got shafted was once when I bought without seeing a picture.  The seller described the notes as "currently being used in the streets of Iraq".  Yeah, as litter box filler!!! They were old Sadam notes.  Paypal did NOT help me at all.  I have half mil of crap!  But I do have dude's address, he he he.  My only other poor experiences were the last two times that I won an auction on dinar, one for 100K and the other for 1 mil, both sellers returned my money after payment and Ebay let them out of the deal.  In both cases I got a really good deal but I thought that was the point!  and if you gotta cry about not getting enough for your item then set a reserve.  I haven't bought since.  Maybe it was a "sign"?

Couple problems with layaway/options. Maybe sterling or some big dealer I would trust but I wouldn't trust anyone on ebay actually has the Dinar to back up what they are selling. If you look at it from a business perspective they are sitting on a lot of funds ie your laid away money and get a very small return for that money they are sitting on maybe $100 per million dinar. I see some guys on ebay selling hundreds of millions of dinar on layaway each month. I'm sure some of those are rolled over. I highly doubt some ebayer has like a million dollars of dinar socked away for those layaways. there are a few larger ebayers who are also dealer but i see some guys on there who have very little ebay track record and almost no feedback history of selling dinar and all the sudden they have like 100k worth of dinar they are selling layaways for?

also as i said earlier layaway and options violate ebay terms of service so if there's an issue ebay and paypal buyer protection will not cover you.

those are the biggest reasons not to buy layaway or otptions but another is the fact you have nothing to show for your money. i personally would say hyour better off buying actual dinar notes even if its only $100 worth than buying dinar on lawaway.

I have bought Dinar on Ebay and have a 100% rating.  The only time I got shafted was once when I bought without seeing a picture.  The seller described the notes as "currently being used in the streets of Iraq".  Yeah, as litter box filler!!! They were old Sadam notes.  Paypal did NOT help me at all.  I have half mil of crap!  But I do have dude's address, he he he.  My only other poor experiences were the last two times that I won an auction on dinar, one for 100K and the other for 1 mil, both sellers returned my money after payment and Ebay let them out of the deal.  In both cases I got a really good deal but I thought that was the point!  and if you gotta cry about not getting enough for your item then set a reserve.  I haven't bought since.  Maybe it was a "sign"?

if someoen is vague or takes crappy pictures its generally to hide poor condition or a poor quality item and you shouldt buy from them.

I thinking that ebay doesnt want to be responsible when the RV takes place.  Imagine how many problems they would run into like sellers not completing the transaction

or buyers making claims that they purchased pre-RV, etc. Millions of USD transactions would be in limbo.  Good job ebay on limiting the transactions.  Now we wait on

the HCL to get approved and lets get prosper with iraq!!!

Go Super RV! ! !

• Upvote 2

I thinking that ebay doesnt want to be responsible when the RV takes place.  Imagine how many problems they would run into like sellers not completing the transaction

or buyers making claims that they purchased pre-RV, etc. Millions of USD transactions would be in limbo.  Good job ebay on limiting the transactions.  Now we wait on

the HCL to get approved and lets get prosper with iraq!!!

Go Super RV! ! !

I don't think ebay even knows enough about the Dinar to be concerned about things like that. All the time sellers list items for auction and if the price doen't reach what they want they refuse to sell or give a refund. It happens all the time and there's really nothing the buyer or ebay can do about it. 

Also, with this logic someone selling silver or gold or anything which fluctuates in value ebay would be doing the same thing. Silver prices can really swing especially on something like a Monster box of 500 coins, a swing of 0.50 cents is a difference of $250 in the price and silver can easily swing like that in a day but you dont hear about that happening with silver. 

Also, limiting transactions to $1000 doesnt really stop the scenario you mentioned, someone can still buy like 950,000 Dinar and the dealer could refuse to ship.

1. I don't trust Ebay or the net so I never buy anything from this place.  

2. Why would you want to buy MORE dinar?? :lol:

Go RV! :peace:

Not sure why people are so down on ebay,it's actually safer than buying from dealers in many ways. If I send a wire to a dealer and they short me or don't send dinar what am I gonna do? I cant get my money back a wire isnt something you can take back. If I'm not mistaken a number of people on here had an issue with a dealer and if I remember correctly adam had to get involved ot get the dealer to make it right as the dealer wasn't willing to work it out with these people from what they were saying. it was a larger dealer too, i wont mention the name since i dont know all the particulars but many on here probably know who im talking about. 

On ebay I complain to ebay/paypal and have my money back in a matter of days. .

As for why anyone would want more DInar. If your so sure of an RV why wouldn't you want more Dinar? 

Personally I dont think it will RV at some high rate I think it might go up slightly which means I need more dinar to make a nice return.

Edited by rulesforrebels

More iraq dinar is never a bad thing if you can afford it. Hey why not buy more? People lose more money gambling in vegas. Take a chance with a few dinars and I'm sure it will pay out in the long run! Better odds than the mega bucks in vegas ;)

Go Super RV! ! !

• Upvote 1