Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I would like to share this with anyone who wants

Heavyduty053

Thanks HD...as the Bible makes clear...."....evil men shall wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived..."

surely the signs of the times are everywhere and the  "...devil has come down with great wrath knowing that he has but a short time...."

• Upvote 6

Thanks HD...Each and every one us will be Greeted at the Door of God Kingdom..and The Lord will say one or two things.Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

...or God word will be...

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thanks HD...Each and every one us will be Greeted at the Door of God Kingdom..and The Lord will say one or two things.Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

...or God word will be...

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Yes he will, all those who choose the life without him....he will give you just that an eternity without him

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I believe the separation between the goats and the sheep as spoken in the book of Matthew is already going and the gap is getting wider and on top of this, add the devil that knows his days are numbered.  I believe God is going to network and connect the believers with the same spirit to go through the hard times in coming days. Hopefully God brings the resources for us to help with the harvest and if it will be dinar, so let it be.  

• Upvote 3

Sorry, but I challenge your statement that the San Antonio gov't is against people of faith.  They are stating that people willing to actively discriminate against those who are different from themselves, regardless of their own faith, should not be eligible for public office.

YOU are making this an attack on "the faithfull" by mistakenly associating hate for same sex relationships, etc., as being "Godly."  One of the recent maxims of the faithful I feel is more fitting of what faith is supposed to mean is "What would Jesus do?" 

If you truly believe that Jesus would be on your side of this argument, then I think you are mistaken, but at least you are being true to what you feel your faith demands of you, and I can respectfully disagree.  I can only say that your position is not very loving, and I feel Jesus' message is one of love for each other and God.

I tried to follow the "born again" path years ago, but had to give it up as it conflicted too greatly with my core beliefs.  I only share that so you will know that I am not wholly unfamiliar with the personal experience of faith.

Peace

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Another thought.  One of the dangers of Bible-quoting to support a particular position on anything in life is the necessity to be selective.

By this I mean that if we are not selective, we would have to completely change our society to live by the Bible's "instructions."  Bring back government by kings, slavery, polygamy, arranged marriage ... the list goes on.  Even Moses didn't rail against slavery, only that the Hebrews were the ones in bondage.

Even if you don't believe in biological evolution, I find it unlikely that you don't accept that society evolves.  We as the human race are constantly changing politically - especially when it comes to what we consider to be "inalienable" rights.  How many of the "faithfull" railed against women's suffrage as an abomination against God's will?

Cloaking hatred in the guise of godliness would be one of Satan's best tricks, don't you think?  And that allowing whatever to happen would be giving in to Satan's will instead of God's?

Denying the basic needs of those you don't understand and fear can be very difficult, but isn't that what faith is supposed to be for?  Making it easier to be tolerant, not easier to be hateful?

Peace

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, but I challenge your statement that the San Antonio gov't is against people of faith.  They are stating that people willing to actively discriminate against those who are different from themselves, regardless of their own faith, should not be eligible for public office.

YOU are making this an attack on "the faithfull" by mistakenly associating hate for same sex relationships, etc., as being "Godly."  One of the recent maxims of the faithful I feel is more fitting of what faith is supposed to mean is "What would Jesus do?" 

If you truly believe that Jesus would be on your side of this argument, then I think you are mistaken, but at least you are being true to what you feel your faith demands of you, and I can respectfully disagree.  I can only say that your position is not very loving, and I feel Jesus' message is one of love for each other and God.

I tried to follow the "born again" path years ago, but had to give it up as it conflicted too greatly with my core beliefs.  I only share that so you will know that I am not wholly unfamiliar with the personal experience of faith.

Peace

Off how can you say that what I post on here is not showing God love for mankind while he is able to freely chose. I take no disrespect of this but what I do see is the fact the fact that you said you backed away from God years ago because it conflicted with your beliefs. You are free to choose and back away but why. Sounds to me like you were trying to fit God into your core beliefs. It doesn't work that way. How can you love Jesus and his message and back away because it is not fitting for you to live by......just wondering

Another thought.  One of the dangers of Bible-quoting to support a particular position on anything in life is the necessity to be selective.

By this I mean that if we are not selective, we would have to completely change our society to live by the Bible's "instructions."  Bring back government by kings, slavery, polygamy, arranged marriage ... the list goes on.  Even Moses didn't rail against slavery, only that the Hebrews were the ones in bondage.

Even if you don't believe in biological evolution, I find it unlikely that you don't accept that society evolves.  We as the human race are constantly changing politically - especially when it comes to what we consider to be "inalienable" rights.  How many of the "faithfull" railed against women's suffrage as an abomination against God's will?

Cloaking hatred in the guise of godliness would be one of Satan's best tricks, don't you think?  And that allowing whatever to happen would be giving in to Satan's will instead of God's?

Denying the basic needs of those you don't understand and fear can be very difficult, but isn't that what faith is supposed to be for?  Making it easier to be tolerant, not easier to be hateful?

Peace

how can you really say this in all honesty. I guess your thoughts are greater than God's. If you studied the New Testament you would find that is what we are supposed to live by.....did you know that every single law in the beginning and up until years ago was taken from the Ten Commandments. until man decided he wanted to boot out God and set himself above him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Heavy, thanks for the conversational response!  I realize my position is an attack, and print always reads harsher than it is often intended.  It is not so much that I don't understand your position at all, but rather, I am hoping that it is essentially a knee-jerk reaction to something you do not understand and definitely do not like.

An emotional response that feels completely intrinsic is frequently attributed to a message of sorts from God.  And although the Bible barely touches on Lambda issues, it clearly does NOT state that the author(s) condoned their lifestyles.  However, I suspect those issues hardly ever surfaced, so were not likely to be included.  I DO understand this gut reaction, because I used to share it.  We have two sexes for a reason, and not following that biological perogative is just WRONG.  What eventually changed my mind was the realization that sexuallity is NOT a CHOICE!  It is the way each of us was born, so how can variations in sexuallity be against nature, or for your thinking, if God makes them that way, how can their "lifestyle" be against His will?  Especially since it does NOT bring any harm at all to others?  (I say this because pedophiles, sociopaths and psychopaths are born that way also, yet clearly we cannot condone their predation).

For a brief description of my "brush" with faith, my core belief is that the supernatural does not exist, period.  My attempt at believing was doomed from the start, and was brought on by a crisis.  By odd circumstances, I was a lead councelor on a Southern Baptist youth hiking trip in the Rockies, so was inundated and surrounded by faith at the time.  So, when the family member that got me into "that mess" fell victim to hypothermia, I did the necessary physical things to aide him, then felt the only remaining "logical" thing to do was to put aside my pride in always maintaining my atheism to ask for any other help that might be out there.  Unfortunately, I told one of the other counselors when they suggested I needed to take exactly that action.  What a zoo.  Not surprisingly, I became their "poster boy" that entire summer, much to my chagrin.  A few months later my core belief made any attempt to hold faith impossible, so I returned to a much happier state of being true to myself.

Regardless of my situation, I feel very strongly that the only rule we should all follow is the Golden Rule.  Overcoming a gut reaction is very difficult, but I have to ask:  How do these other people harm you or anyone else by being true to themselves?  Having to explain homosexuallity to your kids is a truly pathetic excuse.  Most parents don't want to explain heterosexullity to their kids, right?

So, I certainly don't expect these thoughts to cause a sudden and dramatic change in your feelings on these matters, but I had to put these ideas out there in order to be true to MY self.  I hope I succeeded in doing so in a conversational and respectful manner.  I do NOT think you are evil, or a bad person.  I just feel you are letting your instictual reactions rule your actions, and hope that someday you will give this matter deeper thought.  Aren't ALL forms of descrimination the result of gut reactions?  Fear and disgust at those different than us?

How many of us did not even realize why we were against certain people (blacks, Arabs, Jews, Mormons, whatever) until we became friends with one?  Unfortunately, what we really need to fight is our own human nature.  Where did that come from?

I'm done.  My brain is starting to hurt.

Peace

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Atheism Doesn't Have A Prayer
Mike HuckabeeAtheism doesn’t have a prayer… We keep hearing that religious belief is a dusty relic of a bygone time, irrelevant to our modern age. Well, nobody told the rest of the world. The Center for the Study of Global Christianity in Massachusetts reports that we’re experiencing a worldwide boom in religious faith. One major reason is the death of Soviet communism and more freedom in China. Turns out once oppressive governments stop forcing citizens to say they’re atheists, belief in God skyrockets. Or maybe the death of communism just convinced Russians that God does answer prayers. Russia was 38 percent Christian in 1970; now, it’s 71 percent. Islam is also growing. If current trends hold up, by 2020, the world will be over 33 percent Christian and nearly 24 percent Muslim. As for atheists, they’ve declined from 4-1/2 percent of the world’s population in 1970 to 2 percent today, and they’ll be just 1.8 percent by 2020. What’s happening to all the atheists? God only knows.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 1

You ask"why is it that people attack Christians"? I know the answer

But seldom point it out because the TRUTH is not easy for the lost

To receive. What is it about hearing someone preach God's that so

Infuriates some? Why is it that some don't want any mention of God

At all?

"We fight not against flesh and blood, but against power's and principalities. ".

It's that DEMON that controls people that screams bloody murder in their

Ears while digging its claws deeper into their flesh that causes them to feel

The way they do.

And because of the wonderful love that is in us we children of God try to tell

The lost what is the problem. For that we are cursed and persecuted and some

Are killed. And still their eyes are blinded. If you don't know Jesus Christ as

Your savior and your reading this ask yourself one question. Who else in the

Entire history of this world that AT the very mention of his name can make so

Many so angry? How is it that a man born 2000 yrs ago can still enraged you?

Especially when you consider that all he ever did was heal people and tell them

God love's them. Yet still today he can make some so angry. WHY IS THAT?

DEMONS that's why. But Jesus Christ can give EVERYONE WHO WANTS IT the

Power to tell those demons to go to hel l.It is founded in the most powerful love

That Christians tell the lost about Jesus Christ. It is founded in the most powerful

Satanic hate that they become angry.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1. I know it does and is and I agree with it. Demons walk the earth looking for people to devour but so do Angels walk looking to help a believer, a future believer in their time of need. I was trying to bring in some points in a softer manner. I know why we are persecuted and its to be expected for his name sake. Demons is sitting on the shoulders of our leaders giving them peace in their cock eyed decisions they make. They do not even stop to think any more about whom it will hurt. This is what Satan and his emps does, that's their job to bring down all who are unsuspecting. Like the report of the RFID device being forced upon people who work for a town govt in Wyonming. Because the mayor got the first one before a live audience others will follow, their excuse National Security. Yeah Right govt tracking to be exact..  Have a good day

• Upvote 1

I am not saying faith should not exist.  I certainly don't suggest anyone else needs to believe as I do.  For me it answers the question of where I fit into the overall scheme of things, but it does not offer comfort or a glimmer of hope of divine intervention.  Part of it may be my lack of fear of death, even after some close calls.  I do not welcome it, but am OK with my existence coming to an end.

My problem is with Man deciding what God wants.  This is fine for oneself, but forcing it on others is a problem, and we can't help but do just that.

Peace

• Upvote 1

I have read the thread and I would say I agree with some and I don’t agree with some.  So, not to pick it all apart J because truly this can be a good discussion if we can be adults J

My personal opinion only J since I have been on both sides of the fence and my experience walking with God.  I agree that Christianity is not a religion but it is a relationship with God, Jesus and Holy Spirit.  Faith is believing on something that we can not see but yet we take it as it is, because we have to believe on something to give us hope and we can use dinar for example (might not be a good one) but we believe dinar is going to rv but when and what rate are still unknown but yet, we follow the news about dinar and we check every websites that breathes dinar and even laugh at the gurus and trying to make sense of all the news and rumors J

I was a heathen before The Lord found me, drew me closer to Him and saved me.  For that, I am forever grateful and the fire that He lights in my heart is still burning and I don’t want to live without Him.   I have tasted and seen how good The Lord is to me J

Because, I have been in the other side being a non believer.  I also understand where people come from as far as their view of God and Christianity.  I was born in the family that so called “Budhist” because where I came from, you had to pick a religion that you follow.  I always believed I am a good person and there is a place somewhere for me when I die. Do I believe there is heaven..? yes I do..  my mother used to talk to us about end times.  In my life, I only saw her going to the temple 10 times.. she is a firm believer that when you pray no matter where you are, God hears you and answers prayers. My ex was a born again Christian and he basically pushed Christianity to me and I never converted because of his pushing.  After I was married, I started to watch how the so called “Christian” behaved and I wasn’t impressed.  It took me a long time to convert as I told my ex to give me one example of a Christian who walks the talk.  Well, God brought a couple who never mentioned Jesus to me but I watch how they live.  That drew me to curiosity to see the other side of Christianity as this couple is different than what I have experienced in the circle so called “Christian”

Now that I am a follower of Jesus and to tell you the truth I am not proud to see some of the Christian’s behavior out there.  I myself, will run when someone tells me they are Christian because I know one way or the other, that person will have an agenda and will take advantage of me or any situation.  In other words, some of the so called “Christian” out there are using God’s name in vain and using the Christianity for their shield and alibi.  This alone brings a lot of controversial of what true Christianity is all about. 

So, it comes down to the basic of the Bible in John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life and His commandment is to love one another like yourself and no love greater than this, that a friend laid down His life for his friends.

I can write a few more pages about this J but I won’t .  I guess what I am trying to say is this.. sometimes actions speak louder than words.  Our action should match our words and our walk with God.  Let the action do the talking and exude God’s love because truly that was my first experience with God and that was what drew me to take interest in Christianity.  We as a Christian tend to think we are right and they are wrong, we have the savior and they don’t.

But really ? my experience has been half and half.  Sometimes, dealing in business with non Christian is more delightful than with Christian.

Much is given, much is expected.  It’s easy to take a Bible verse and pick it apart in according to what our interpretation is and to our advantage.  But, really… what God is saying..?

Imagine this, if God were sitting in front of you and giving you review of your walk with Him, will He be proud of you? Or there are things that He would say we need some improvements in some areas…???

• Upvote 4

Don't think I didn't notice that all of a sudden atheism in general was attacked rather than addressing the points about behavior, etc, I made.  I am also NOT saying that all Christians agree with your position.  You, however, seem to be assuming that they do, or are not good christians if they do not.

Demons??? Really?

How nice to be one of the chosen few who sees the truth and battles for God.  Like He would need or want your help to fight "evil."  Considering the mind-boggling size of the universe, what we think or do meaning anything in the grand scheme of things ...

Our insignificance can be hard to grasp.

Peace

Don't think I didn't notice that all of a sudden atheism in general was attacked rather than addressing the points about behavior, etc, I made.  I am also NOT saying that all Christians agree with your position.  You, however, seem to be assuming that they do, or are not good christians if they do not.

Demons??? Really?

How nice to be one of the chosen few who sees the truth and battles for God.  Like He would need or want your help to fight "evil."  Considering the mind-boggling size of the universe, what we think or do meaning anything in the grand scheme of things ...

Our insignificance can be hard to grasp.

Peace

Appreciated all your post's in this thread Off-the-grid. Thank You.

I especially liked it when you asked "What would Jesus do"?

Good way to think and try to live by. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Billy Graham: If America Ever Needed God’s Intervention, It’s Now

Aug. 4, 2013 8:09am Madeleine Morgenstern

Renowned evangelist minister Billy Graham said America is in need of a true spiritual awakening.

“If ever there was a time this country needed the intervention of God, it is now,” Graham wrote in a letter published on his Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website. “We can and should pray for America as a whole, but remember that when God sets out to change a nation, He begins by changing people. It starts with individuals.”

In this Dec. 20, 2010 file photo, evangelist Billy Graham speaks to the media at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association headquarters in Charlotte, N.C. (AP)

Graham, who will turn 95 in November, said his advanced age has slowed him down, “but there are still many things I can do, and one of them is pray.”

“I’ve been praying fervently that we might have a fresh spiritual awakening in America,” he wrote.

Graham is completing a new “My Hope America” project that will debut in November featuring testimonies of people who have had their lives transformed by faith.

“Please pray that God will work in the completion of this program and that He will use it in a mighty way. … Most of all, we ask for your prayers and participation so that the hope of the Gospel can touch not only people across the nation, but people you personally know and care about,” Graham wrote. “The Bible says, ‘Let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely’ (Revelation 22:17). Join me in asking God to give people that thirst.”

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

When expressing differences of views regarding Jesus' teachings, just remember--he turned over the tables in the temple. And he didn't do it with s pleasant smile on his face, either. He was often also tough, not always sweetness and light.

When expressing differences of views regarding Jesus' teachings, just remember--he turned over the tables in the temple. And he didn't do it with s pleasant smile on his face, either. He was often also tough, not always sweetness and light.

When expressing an opinion about how Jesus would handle a situation, just remember He turned over the tables in the temple.  He could be pretty tough--not everything he did was sweetness and light.