Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV Fantasy Football / NFL Pool / ??

Adam Montana

RAIDERS!!!!!!!! but seriously i'm in, i could run a pool if needed; however we have plenty of volunteers. i would like to see a standard pool, you pick your team for each game, then pick a team and the score for the monday night game just in case of a tie. $5 buy in, can be done through paypal. i could setup a facebook group so everyone can see everyones picks. i dont have a job, and go to school full time so it wouldnt be a problem for me to run it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Adam,

I agree that a suicide or survivor pool is the way to go.  Too many potential players to do it otherwise.  ESPN has the set up already done.  It is called Eliminator Challenge.  It is absolutely FREE.  One only needs to create and account on ESPN.  

We can set up a DV only group within the game.  Entry to the group is through our group password.  Done deal.  The hard part is handled by ESPN.  We just sign up and make our picks.  

I don't think we would be able to transport it and keep it in house here at DV, but it may be possible to bring over the weekly results for all to see.  I don't know enough about computers to say for sure.  

If you are interested I will do my best to get it set up.

I could help run it but due to my work schedule I would need a few more folks to help out.  There shouldn't be much to it besides setting it up.  But, like I said, I am not too computer savvy, so some technological help would be appreciated.  

Are we just talking pro or is college included

GO Clemson Tigers!!!!!!

College might be added soon if the NFL pool looks like it will take off.

whats the buy in?

At this time I am still looking into the legalities of it... as the admin of this site, I am kind of a high profile figure. I want this to be fun, I want it to be successful, but I'm not willing to put myself or any members at risk for it. :)

As soon as I've made a final determination I will be sending an email to all members :twothumbs:

RAIDERS!!!!!!!! but seriously i'm in, i could run a pool if needed; however we have plenty of volunteers. i would like to see a standard pool, you pick your team for each game, then pick a team and the score for the monday night game just in case of a tie. $5 buy in, can be done through paypal. i could setup a facebook group so everyone can see everyones picks. i dont have a job, and go to school full time so it wouldnt be a problem for me to run it.

jward717, you're on the list of volunteers! Thank you :tiphat:

Adam,

I agree that a suicide or survivor pool is the way to go.  Too many potential players to do it otherwise.  ESPN has the set up already done.  It is called Eliminator Challenge.  It is absolutely FREE.  One only needs to create and account on ESPN.  

We can set up a DV only group within the game.  Entry to the group is through our group password.  Done deal.  The hard part is handled by ESPN.  We just sign up and make our picks.  

I don't think we would be able to transport it and keep it in house here at DV, but it may be possible to bring over the weekly results for all to see.  I don't know enough about computers to say for sure.  

If you are interested I will do my best to get it set up.

I could help run it but due to my work schedule I would need a few more folks to help out.  There shouldn't be much to it besides setting it up.  But, like I said, I am not too computer savvy, so some technological help would be appreciated.  

Thank you for the post and for offering to help! You are on the list :twothumbs:

I'm in for a pool... but not FF... too much work!

I guess the "betting" would all be done by pledge?   Personally, I like a "suicide" pool structure... pick a winning team each week.  You lose you're out.  Can't use the same team twice... last person (or persons) in at the end wins... multiple winners split the take.

The only problem is it's a lot of work to manage!   With no "buy back in" structure... it would be easier to keep track.  The "manager" usually gets a percentage of the winnings for their work.

Not going to be me!!!

If we each just used the honor system to track the wins and losses... it could work...

Oh, by the way, a suicide pool is a season long pool.   If we did just a weekly "office" type pool... it would probably be easier.

Anyway... that's my input!!!

NFL Football Suicide Pool - Free Printable Template and Instructions

Sports Betting Acumen has everything you need to set up an NFL Foootball Suicide pool using our free printable template and instructions.

Football pools are the most common source of office wagering. Running an office pool is very easy to do - we even tell you how below in case you don't know - and Sports Betting Acumen has templates and instructions on how to run them. Most states in the U.S. have clarified their laws regarding this form of entertainment to allow it as long as 100 percent of the funds in the pool are paid back out to the contestants. We strongly suggest that you check both your local laws and workplace rules before participating in any office pools.

Rules of the Suicide Pool

Suicide pools have become an extremely popular form of football office pool. Suicide pools seem so easy, yet they are extremely challenging. The object of a suicide pool is quite simple. All you have to do is pick the winner of one game per week. If you are correct, you live to play another week. If you are wrong, you're out. The big catch, or rub if you will, is that players may only use a team one time during the season. The game lasts until there is only one player left. The game has also been called King of The Hill, Survivor, Knockout, and Last Man Standing.

Suicide pools require a great deal of strategy. You, as a player, must determine whether to use the stronger teams first, or save them for later in the season. Our strategy is to use the known commodities - good or bad - early in the season. It is very easy to fall into the trap of using the defending Super Bowl champion in week one. Using all of the powerful teams early leaves you with no bullets for later in the season. Of course, you have to advance to the later part of the season. It is easy to see why it is nearly impossible to make it through a full season without losing a game.

You will find that many players will be eliminated from a suicide pool very quickly. Fortunately, it is easy to start a second pool at the midway point of the season.

In order to run a successful suicide pool contest, you should be sure to establish a few rules regarding when and how the entries are to be submitted. For example: players are required to submit their entries by midnight before the first game of the week is played via email. If there's a Thursday night game, and there often is, players will need to have submitted their entries by the end of Wednesday night. If you are running the contest, you should also keep a spreadsheet of which teams players have used in the contest in order to avoid duplication.

Payouts can be anything you like. If your pool is small, we suggest the winner take all approach. If your pool is large you might want to have first through third place. Anything is fine as long as you decide before the first kickoff of the season.

Standard Suicide Football Pool Template

suicide-office-pool-thumb.gif

Edited by yota691

• 2 weeks later...