Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DV Fantasy Football / NFL Pool / ??

Adam Montana

Go Cleveland Browns! I always root for the under dog.

That was a good one Rod! cowboys cant win because  jerry jones

plays in every game.I really dont care who wins as long as the cowboys and

texans LOSE!!!! :woot:  The texans always lose under pressure.

Thanks Fat Sclaub your not the greatest.hee hee.Last season the houston paper

showed the texans holding up the superbowl trophy with a superbowl ring on

but the Green bay packers and New England Patriots showed them the door.I loved tatooing

that arm with all the losses they had.I also loved when Moose fell 6 inches short one year and time ran

out for the cowboys.no soup for you!Ah the greatest memories!

Ever since jerry jones fired jimmy they cant win diddly thats what they get for having a wanna be

movie star for a coach.They always have to show his ugly mug but I love when they show his mug when

they lose! :woot:

I would love to run the football pool because football is the only sport that I watch.

Its going to be a very good season this year.I'm Ready!for somemore texas losses that is!

• Upvote 1

Don't much care for football but I'm in too...  :lol:   If we're playing FF I have dib's on Adrian Peterson!!!!

Hey Rod,,,,  You wanna meet me out front so we can talk????   :lmao:

...Only with a beer in hand bud.. :rolleyes: .. I hope ya'll know it's just for fun... I like football but I don't get worked up over it like I used to.  There was a time... back in what I call the Cowboys glory days when Landry was there with Roger Staubach... man... what a team that was!!!   Sorry to say.... I haven't much cared for their owner and the big ego's and the drama since.   :peace: 

As for my Vikings joke... well, I think a lot of Minnesooota fans are gettin' to feelin' that way... I was btw way born in the land of "10,000 lakes"....but that wasn't enough to fish in.. :eyebrows: .. sooooo I moved to Wisconsin just as soon as I could...a land of 15,000 lakes btw!!!  Livin' in Cheesehead country makes it only seem natural to cheer for the Pack.... they are btw the smallest city in the USA to host an  NFL team... and it's pretty amazin' that they have a few trophies to prove they belong!!!  ;)  

• Upvote 1

:lol: well I was actually looking for thoughts on how to structure or run a DV pool or fantasy league.... But since there's obviously some interest, we could do it just like any other office pool.

We need a sucker I mean volunteer to run it! I would have time to make picks but that's it :)

It would be almost impossible. At most, 16 teams can be in a league, and that makes for an extremely thin talent pool. Also, do we play for dinars, dollars or pride ?

Whoever has the most Bronco players will win. So, good luck anyway.

Edited by Hooter
  • Upvote 1

I'm in for a pool... but not FF... too much work!

I guess the "betting" would all be done by pledge?   Personally, I like a "suicide" pool structure... pick a winning team each week.  You lose you're out.  Can't use the same team twice... last person (or persons) in at the end wins... multiple winners split the take.

The only problem is it's a lot of work to manage!   With no "buy back in" structure... it would be easier to keep track.  The "manager" usually gets a percentage of the winnings for their work.

Not going to be me!!!

If we each just used the honor system to track the wins and losses... it could work...

Oh, by the way, a suicide pool is a season long pool.   If we did just a weekly "office" type pool... it would probably be easier.

Anyway... that's my input!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm in for a pool... but not FF... too much work!

I guess the "betting" would all be done by pledge? Personally, I like a "suicide" pool structure... pick a winning team each week. You lose you're out. Can't use the same team twice... last person (or persons) in at the end wins... multiple winners split the take.

The only problem is it's a lot of work to manage! With no "buy back in" structure... it would be easier to keep track. The "manager" usually gets a percentage of the winnings for their work.

Not going to be me!!!

If we each just used the honor system to track the wins and losses... it could work...

Oh, by the way, a suicide pool is a season long pool. If we did just a weekly "office" type pool... it would probably be easier.

Anyway... that's my input!!!

They have sites that do all the work for you. It has to be a way to set up a suicide pool on this site.

LOL it is now the AT&T Stadium and yes it will be touchdowns scored.

Of course there will be touchdown's scored.... it does kinda matter though "who scores em"... .and "who's playing"... :eyebrows: .. why I remember a time not long ago there was quite a game in the Dallas Staduim.... good times!!!!  ;) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pduvf8_2HLs

They have sites that do all the work for you. It has to be a way to set up a suicide pool on this site.

Hi Sector.   Perhaps, but how "formal" are they... and do they deal with real dollars?  Could get a bit dicey... considering it's still "illegal" to wager in a structured format.  Although, I think the IRS/authorities must accept that so many pools exist in the thousands, dealing with billions of dollars... it's just too big an underground industry... especially with football... and college basketball!    Pay your taxes... and they kind of look the other way.

I know the pool's I've been in were very organized... but were still done under the radar.  We were required, however, to report any winnings as income.   Some of these pools paid out over $50k (although I was never in the money!)

Perhaps in a "pledged/honor system" and dealing with dinars... might make it a bit more do-able.

Jax

Hi Sector.   Perhaps, but how "formal" are they... and do they deal with real dollars?  Could get a bit dicey... considering it's still "illegal" to wager in a structured format.  Although, I think the IRS/authorities must accept that so many pools exist in the thousands, dealing with billions of dollars... it's just too big an underground industry... especially with football... and college basketball!    Pay your taxes... and they kind of look the other way.

I know the pool's I've been in were very organized... but were still done under the radar.  We were required, however, to report any winnings as income.   Some of these pools paid out over $50k (although I was never in the money!)

Perhaps in a "pledged/honor system" and dealing with dinars... might make it a bit more do-able.

Jax

Hi Adam.  I ran a suicide pool last year with about 30 friends. We could set up a private pool just and used a online site to only managed everyone's picks. I think it might could work this way. 

1.We set up a private pool on a different site just to manage everyone's picks. I use http://runyourpool.com/ last year when i did my pool. 

2.We post the pool name and password on DV site. 

3.Then whoever wants to join must use there DV username when they join the pool. The commissioner of the pool will be able to boot anyone from the pool at any time just in case we have unauthorized people who join. 

4. However you want to set up "pledge/honor system for dinars" it will be done on DV site. 

Just a idea

Ok I think it's an awesome idea if we can get a few reliable members to moderate/admin the pool.

I've been thinking about how to make it work with prizes, and I haven't come up with anything that I am comfortable with.... I'll keep thinking on it, but it may need to be seriously "just for fun".

Also, I see that the "runyourpool" site has a community forum feature - I'd prefer to keep everyone here on DV so we'd need to drag the data, results, etc back here to DV. I could create a new section for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok I think it's an awesome idea if we can get a few reliable members to moderate/admin the pool.

I've been thinking about how to make it work with prizes, and I haven't come up with anything that I am comfortable with.... I'll keep thinking on it, but it may need to be seriously "just for fun".

Also, I see that the "runyourpool" site has a community forum feature - I'd prefer to keep everyone here on DV so we'd need to drag the data, results, etc back here to DV. I could create a new section for that.

Adam... for those unfamiliar with this type of pool... here are the basics:

1)  Each person has a "buy-in"/fee for their individual participation.  If we were using real money, for example... Jax would pay $50 (or other amount to make it "worthwhile", all depending on the number of players) for his commitment/authorization for one pick per week.  That fee covers my participation for as long as I last in the pool.  Add up all fees of all participants... that's your pool total.  NOTE:  Many players choose to have "multiple" plays/picks and ante-up additional fees under separate names.  I think in our case, we should limit the participation to one pick per screen name.

2)  The commitment for all players must be by a certain deadline, usually after pre-season.  Then it's cut off.

3)  The player simply chooses one team to WIN (no points/spreads involved... simple!) in any particular week... BUT, once a team is used it can;t be used again... hence the fun/strategy of choosing looking at the entire season's schedule!!!  Use the Pack early... can't use them again! LOL

4)  Each weekly pick must be made/registered by a certain time... like Friday at midnight, or sometimes Wed. if you choose a Thursday night game.   If you fail to make your pick, typically the administrator makes one for you... sometimes based on the best spread available to your remaining teams that week.  PLEASE try not to miss your pick... it's a headache for the admin.

5)  It's usually quite possible that half the pool could lose in the first week!!!  This becomes very deflating and takes away all the fun.  It is recommended, therefore, that each participant has the ability/choice to "Buy-back-in" ONCE at double the fee... UP TO WEEK 8!  This is what typically increases the pot in the first eight weeks. (In real life, many choose not to, due to the expense). The season is 17 weeks (each NFL team has a bye week)... so we will actually be making 17 picks.  The post-season playoff games are used to break any ties in our pool.

6)  The real fun is in watching ALL the games/scores each week... KNOWING who picked what, and rooting against them!  That's the responsibility of the Admin. to simply present a tally of the weeks picks and presenting them via email or forum.

7)  After week 8, the total pool tally is set... and we all know what we're playing for!   In a couple of real pools, I got as far as week 15... knowing the total was over $50k!!!  Talk about heartwrenching disappointment! LOL  I had 4 picks each week ($200 initial investment) and had to buy back in with each one before week 8 (additional $400)... and only one "pick" made it to week 15.   But, what a lot of fun... it was worth it!   I buy-in for my dad every year, so we enjoy it together!  It's not as easy as it sounds!!!

So... that's it.  I may have left out something... and I'll be happy to consult in setting it up... but, I won't have the time to run it!

Good luck to all... if we can pull it off!

Jax 

• Upvote 1

Adam,

My recommendation would be to have it all in fun, since there really is no way for us to contribute to the "pot".

Anyone with a screen name can participate for free... so there will be plenty of players!   And with no "money/consideration" to calculate and tabulate, it will be a lot easier to manage...   and the basic rules can remain.

It's just then, you have to supply the "prize"... or perhaps "prizes"?  :tiphat:

Jax

• Upvote 1

I am sooooooooooooooooo  in with a Fantasy Football league!  ESPN has a free one and we can draft online.  Adam, remember I like PINK! :lol:   So please remember that when picking out the 1st Place prize  :P  :moon-from-car:

• Upvote 1