Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRAQ Civil War has began

tdy_engel_iraq_130723.video-260x195.jpg

TODAY   |  July 23, 2013

Iraq in civil war officially has began; more than 250 killed in 10 days Car bombs, ambushes, and gunfights have killed more than 250 in Iraq in a little over a week, while attackers freed hundreds of militants from Abu Ghraib prison on Sunday. NBC’s Richard Engel reports.

Link: http://www.today.com/video/today/52551690#52551690

This is going to really delay country of Iraq's ability to move forward...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Iraq has always BEEN & will CONTINUE TO BE a self destructive society. They kill each other. That's why it needed an iron hand like old Saddam to control them. If there was unrest in a group or town, he'd simply go in and kill everyone.

There is NO civil war taking place. This is one sect attacking another for control.

If you really believe that nonsense then go ahead and burn your dinars because they will be worthless. No fire yet? I thought not! LOL

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

tdy_engel_iraq_130723.video-260x195.jpg

TODAY   |  July 23, 2013

Iraq in civil war officially has began; more than 250 killed in 10 days Car bombs, ambushes, and gunfights have killed more than 250 in Iraq in a little over a week, while attackers freed hundreds of militants from Abu Ghraib prison on Sunday. NBC’s Richard Engel reports.

Link: http://www.today.com/video/today/52551690#52551690

This is going to really delay country of Iraq's ability to move forward...

NOT ONLY THAT....WHAT IF THE UN INSTALLS SANCTIONS AGAIN?.....REVOKES CHAPTER VII????

NOT ONLY THAT....WHAT IF THE UN INSTALLS SANCTIONS AGAIN?.....REVOKES CHAPTER VII????

(MEANT.....'INVOKES' VII....AGAIN)

• Upvote 2

This is NOT civil war.  Richard Engel got it dead wrong!  I see this as the Sunnis attacking Maliki's security forces to free a bunch of other Sunnis who had been "convicted" without due process, as a result of the de-Baathification Law.  My guess is that the prison guards didn't put up much of a fight

• Upvote 2

All the sheep to the left, please.  You will get your razor blades as you go through the turn style  Keep moving....keep moving.  Drop your dinar in the box and the attendant (me) will pick them up.  Keep moving...keep moving.

Zig, clean up on aisle 8!  Bring a mop and a bucket.  Rabbi & Zig, I will split the dinar with you.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

There are bombings and assassinations on a weekly if not daily basis in Iraq.  I don't know if this is big news or not, just because some 'prisoners' were 'freed' this time.  I think it's business as usual over there.  The Iraqi government continues trekking along.  Very sad to say, but true.

• Upvote 3

All the sheep to the left, please.  You will get your razor blades as you go through the turn style  Keep moving....keep moving.  Drop your dinar in the box and the attendant (me) will pick them up.  Keep moving...keep moving.

Zig, clean up on aisle 8!  Bring a mop and a bucket.  Rabbi & Zig, I will split the dinar with you.

Hahaha.Exactly. As poet said " A tempest in a teapot". Certainly there is violence in Iraq! Always has been and always will be. We as westerners may not understand it and tend to make more of it than it is, but the fact remains Maliki is making last desperate attempts at grabbing straws before he's de-throned. It would not surprise me one iota if truth be told that HE was behind the whole...orchestrating things so that he can either impose marshal law or make himself look like the savior of the Iraqi people. Hmmm...where is it I have heard of certain Governments doing things like that to cause events yet have plausible deniability....hmmm

If this were as big a deal as some would have us believe, the world at large would be on this like a duck on a June bug. The world at large...the powers that be, however you want to phrase it are not going to allow Iraq to fail FAR too much has been invested in it's success...FAR too many human lives, and sadly, FAR too much money. These guys will still be blowing themselves up 100 years from now. It's their mentality.

Edited by ezrapound

I'm on top of it.  Ninja's unite, chicken little is back in town!

Its fine. Stop listening to this crap. Man, its gonna get crazy before it ends. Heard that from the horses mouth. One explosion in a photo, and everyone is bailing. Well, how many of those happened today in our country? LOL!

• Upvote 2

Good one.

Question:

How much instability can Iraq stand, and still go forth with the RV.  Or, does it not matter?

They need to blow Maliki up. Things might get moving forward then. Looks like we are in for a long ride.

Oh Man this is not good at all. This has to stop or we'll all be screwed. I can believe how violent these people are.

How can this be controlled ?

<_< well...as horrid as it may sound....Saddam DID have them under control...with an Iron rod.  everyone feared him and his kids...no none of them would think of messing with him will he sat on his throne.

and to be honest...none of this is going to end...until there is someone that the would dive that same fear in them as Saddam....think about it. :blink: