Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The COLLAPSE of the DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATE expectations in Iraq! (07/23/2013)

ALBUNDY

I'm with you. "Tast great" "Less Filling" From an electric news paper.  Just like the news here in the US, they can say and wish whatever they want. Maybe the good news is that things like this are being reported. It's the same story we've been hearing.

• Upvote 1

They can't get past the politics.  This is all fine and dandy, but with that lunatic stalling, fighting tooth and nail to destroy Iraq in order to save face in Iran, it's difficult to fathom.   The more they talk about it the more I worry.  It's like broadcasting to the world, we are going to revalue our currency.  That just don't sound like a smart thing.  I just hope it's all the fighting and the citizens are getting up in arms over it.  They are still the victims in all this.  The oil money is squandered and laundered by the government and it's not their money to do it.  ahhhh,,,, errrrr,,,,grrrr...thieves!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Question. Do you actually believe you are reading a pre-rv announcement of a 100,000% increase? If their intentions were to rvto 100,000%, do you believe youd be reading it in the world news, weeks, months, or even years before a rv?

Good post Al, And the 1 to 1 is been on the table for almost 2 years now. And thats a fact jack, Happy Happy Happy

and that doesnt bother you at all? You really believe iraq has openly advertised the largest currency appreciation in history for years? Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have just one small little question.

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN?

Well friend, that's the million dollar question we have been analyzing for years.  Wish someone had a crystal ball cause we can beat these articles to death and still get it wrong.  

Question. Do you actually believe you are reading a pre-rv announcement of a 100,000% increase? If their intentions were to rvto 100,000%, do you believe youd be reading it in the world news, weeks, months, or even years before a rv?

and that doesnt bother you at all? You really believe iraq has openly advertised the largest currency appreciation in history for years?

Ok we get it - LOPsters don't believe in the intentions of advertising appreciation and believe in advertising depreciation, when its all been talk.  

Does it bother you when the LOP has been on the table for years and it hasn't happened?  Its the same question role reversal...You will never  know if it will be advertised or not since this would be the first time in history of something like this.

Edited by Gunshow2425
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am going to put something out there which may or may not confuse folks.  But it is only my opinion and it counts for just an opinion and nothing more.   

In my opinion I think the country will see new denoms (don't know when) lower denominations with more purchasing power.  Those denoms will circulate long enough for the Iraqi citizens to have some faith in the currency and have a demand.  At that point with the lower denoms, they will have a pivotal move on the pips in order to give the buying power but not to support an RV.  Once they get the demand in the country, the value will automatically increase so they can RV in order to give it a true value.  Shortly after that, or maybe even a bit longer.   The value is important for the RV, the demands and inflation.  So delicate.  That's why I am not an economist.

Don't ask me how I come up with this, but this is just an observation.  I only take in mind things that Shabibi said over the years.  He needed to get rid of the larger notes because of the huge transactions, the bank makes and the counterfeiting destroying his work.  It made it difficult to count the money and a high margin for error since they were weighing it in large quantities.  Then he mentioned that he would balance the books, reign in the old notes and and RV the rest.   We are the rest.  Outside the country.  

But he also said he needed "security" in the country.  This is up to maliki, and he has not provided that as of this date. 

I probably did not explain this very well, but it's all my brain will do at this time.   It's just a theory, and even to me it don't make sense.  How would the exchange rate work with the new denoms with more buying power without effecting the rest of the currency outside the country?  Like I said, I an no economist, only the smart people would know that.

BETTY BOOP has one.   :D 

GO RV, then BV

Betty, where are you, haven't seen ya round for some time.  Bring out the crystal ball and help us out here.

• Upvote 3