Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MSNBC Host Melissa Harris-Perry » All Your Kids Belong To Us

yota691

http://youtu.be/N3qtpdSQox0

Published on Apr 4, 2013

On March 23, my colleague Mark Finkelstein noted how MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry considers the unborn child a "thing" which takes a "lot of money" to "turn into a human," costing thousands of dollars to care for each year of his/her life. Now it appears that Harris-Perry thinks that, after they're born, children fundamentally belong to the state.

Narrating a new MSNBC "Lean Forward" spot, the Tulane professor laments that we in America "haven't had a very collective notion that these are our children." "[W]e have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to their communities," Harris-Perry argued.

"Once it's everybody's responsibility and not just the households, then we start making better investments." By "investments," of course, Harris-Perry means things like spending "as much in public education as we should have."

Of course, if as Harris-Perry holds,"[t]he cost to raise a child [is] $10,000 a year up to $20,000 a year," and if children should be viewed as collectively "owned" by "society," then taken to its logical extension, a woman's choices about having a child should be informed by the economic considerations of the "community," would it not? But of course, that logic would take someone to justify, for example, the "one-child" policy in Communist China.

What's more, the notion of collective responsibility for children was a philosophy that undergirded the Cultural Revolution in Communist China under Chairman Mao. I bring that up because, as you may recall, another Harris-Perry "Lean Forward" spot contains a reference to a "great leap forward," which calls to mind the disastrous agricultural reform plan which starved millions of Chinese to death in the 1950s.

MSNBC host wears tampon earrings to protest new pro-life law in Texas  

image8.jpg
I just have to show these.

My producer Lorena made for me last week some tampon earrings because, of course, you’ll remember that the Texas state legislature said that you couldn’t bring tampons in, when they were going, these women, to, in fact, stand up for their own reproductive rights. You weren’t allowed initially to bring tampons.

So, just in case that ever happens again ladies, you can just bring them on your earrings.

MSNBC contributor Melissa Harris Perry, in an act of protest against the Texas state legislature, Newsbusters, July 21

An in your face Communist brought to you and sanctioned by the Communist network MSNBC.

Your children do not belong to you. They belong to the State. Adolph Hitler did a pretty good job selling that one to the German public. By the time enough of them wised up, it was way to late. . . and yes, the Chinese did a real bang up job mandating that.

There's a lot of Evil out there, and it's gearing up for another push. The elitist's out there want to create that serfdom with a renewed sense of optimism . . . this train has left the station, rolling down the tracks and picking up speed every day.

At the 1 minute mark the point is driven home

• Upvote 1

Shabs, "For protection purposes.....unborn children belong to everybody....etc"  How does abortion fit into the equation of "protection"?  Not argumentive just curious to your reasoning. I guess I should ask 1st if you believe in abortion,sorry - peace

Hey I gotta couple she can have. Their a little older like in their late 30`s but they are still my children. 

One`s a president of a major motorcycle club here in the USA. Im sure he would like to bring along a few of his freinds. Couple thousand or so. 

But just remember once ya gotta em you cant give them back. Alright.

hahahahahahahahahaha 

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Shabs, "For protection purposes.....unborn children belong to everybody....etc"  How does abortion fit into the equation of "protection"?  Not argumentive just curious to your reasoning. I guess I should ask 1st if you believe in abortion,sorry - peace

Sorry caz.....my original post was a tongue in cheek response to what I consider a silly thread.  As for abortion.....I've never been in a personal position that would require me to rail for, or against it.  

GO RV, then BV 

Sorry caz.....my original post was a tongue in cheek response to what I consider a silly thread.  As for abortion.....I've never been in a personal position that would require me to rail for, or against it.  

GO RV, then BV 

No worries-peace

What a bunch of IDIOTS they have at MSNBC.  They must really think Americans are stupid.  IMO if you let the family fall apart you lose the country. I love my country but  they better not come near my kids.  GoRV

GO RV, then BV 

Silly Thread ...Have you Thank your Mom!!!