Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Global Financial Shutdown This Weekend

RVWITHME

Party Pooper ! :o

:D:D:D

hahahaha... well, I could pull a "ToeNailTony" and say that:::

"Chase, WF, and BofA just called me all at the same time... ON THE SAME CALL... and told me they shut down all of the world's banks because the UN told them that they had to because of a contact in Lego Land said that Werewolves exist. And RV."

ya know? :)

• Upvote 2

Got this from Phoenix' site:

apparently, starting on 7/18 financial institutions planned a "simulated cyber attack" drill.  I thought it was for the US and the fact that other countries seem like they could be involved........ well we can only hope it's code for RV preparation!!!.  In any event, I think the powers that be are up to no-good.  With that Cyprus bank taking 60% of depositors (with 100,000 or more) money to bail them out (i.e., new terms of "bail in" and "hair cut') and then with much of Europe recently agreeing to use that Cyprus "bail in" model for European banks that fail in the future, the US can't be far behind.  Really makes me glad that I finally did a Name Reserve for Adam's OSI option!!!!  (Hopefully Adam will reopen VIP and give people who haven't signed up for OSI another chance. Adam said he would consider doing that at least)  Anyway, here's to hoping the RV is imminent!!!

Edited by Markinsa
Removed Link to Othersite
  • Upvote 3

I Can't Access Either My Sears Or JCPenny's Online Charge Accounts ! :blink:

:D :D :D

***///

So now they've taken away your on-line access, too... what'd you expect, CLOWN..? :confused2:

You've been banned from both those stores for trying on too many Ladies' shoes...

while their feet were still in them!

:lol:

• Upvote 3

Nice post RVWITHME....this is definitely VERY interesting! For some people, their banks are down, whereas others are accessing their banks with no problems. One thing is for sure...something is definitely up! 

I was able to log into my Florida PNC and my credit union in North Carolina with no problems. But, you never know...I might receive an email tonight about maintenance or not be able to log in later today.

Things that make you go "hmmmm"  :shrug:

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I do a lot of work in the website world, though admittedly nothing in the online banking world. I agree that it seems unusual that so many banks would be disrupting their online services at about the same time.

But I wouldn't read too much into it or assume that it must be related to an RV. There are many scenarios that might cause something like this. One poster already mentioned the possibility of a large scale cyber attack drill.

There could be a large vendor involved that services several banks that might be upgrading their systems. It seems that they are focusing specifically on the online payments portion. That doesn't seem directly related to currency exchange to me.

Websites go down all the time for scheduled maintenance. The web world is changing at a rapid clip. And the banking industry is notoriously slow at adopting new technology because it is such a risk adverse industry.

As an example, just yesterday I tried to upgrade my data plan with Verizon Wireless before I went over and got hit with a big penalty. I could log into their website but I couldn't retrieve any account info or make any changes because their payment system is also down for scheduled maintenance. (Just tried again and it's telling me it's still down.) Their 800 number gave me an error as well. I finally got through via *611 to make my account changes. (Whew!)

I share that anecdote just to point out that websites go down all the time for updates and upgrades. Is it possible this has something to do with an RV? Sure. But in this case I think there are more probable explanations that have nothing to do with an RV.

And really, I'm not a party pooper. I promise!

• Upvote 2

What about the rest of the Banks around the world? Think this is another lukewarm fart permeating the DV site !!!!

In this Country Banks ( most of them at least) are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.....That was one of the reasons I had started working in a Bank back in 1982.....

Recently they have tried to prolong work schedules  to Saturdays.....It wouldn't mean much as per business  in that People are accustomed to   that ( banks closed on Saturdays).

Edited by umbertino

Upon contacting my local branch to try and get a better understanding of what was going on today, I was informed that the "shutdown" should not effect peoples day to day banking...other than certain online capabilities. They process going on involves all government as well as banking computers across the globe. The person I spoke with could not give me any further info...their words were "I have no idea what it is exactly... I'm just telling you what we were told this past week". Now, if this process involves government, treasury, banks, etc...then this is more than routine maintenance! But, like I was told...the branch managers, presidents and vp's at the branch level don't have any further info than what they were given during this past week. They were notified well in advance of the situation...and also, when I asked about the message on my mobile app that told of the possible loss of services due to this so called "scheduled maintenance"...I was told that no one at that level could answer any of that due to the fact that the online and mobile operations are handled by a totally different group outside of the local sector. "Expect changes after the completion of this process" was the only info given to the vice President of investment at my local chase branch. This was her words ..word for word. She did not know what "changes" to expect...but will receive further information prior to business hours on Monday per corporate communication. (I was not told if this was via email, phone call, etc)..Anyway, nothing was mentioned about the dinar...or anything else for that matter...it seemed as if they were as much in the dark as I am. Just thought I'd share what I was told at 1:30pm EST. God Bless!

• Upvote 6

Upon contacting my local branch to try and get a better understanding of what was going on today, I was informed that the "shutdown" should not effect peoples day to day banking...other than certain online capabilities. They process going on involves all government as well as banking computers across the globe. The person I spoke with could not give me any further info...their words were "I have no idea what it is exactly... I'm just telling you what we were told this past week". Now, if this process involves government, treasury, banks, etc...then this is more than routine maintenance! But, like I was told...the branch managers, presidents and vp's at the branch level don't have any further info than what they were given during this past week. They were notified well in advance of the situation...and also, when I asked about the message on my mobile app that told of the possible loss of services due to this so called "scheduled maintenance"...I was told that no one at that level could answer any of that due to the fact that the online and mobile operations are handled by a totally different group outside of the local sector. "Expect changes after the completion of this process" was the only info given to the vice President of investment at my local chase branch. This was her words ..word for word. She did not know what "changes" to expect...but will receive further information prior to business hours on Monday per corporate communication. (I was not told if this was via email, phone call, etc)..Anyway, nothing was mentioned about the dinar...or anything else for that matter...it seemed as if they were as much in the dark as I am. Just thought I'd share what I was told at 1:30pm EST. God Bless!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155105-global-financial-shutdown-this-weekend/page-5#ixzz2Zc9TiuIM

I'm with ya on this brother. It is fast becoming something more than just a cowinkidink.

Hopefully tomorrow will tell us something good. 

• Upvote 3

All I can say is bullroar. Here in central Iowa, all is normal. I can get into my credit union and my wife is on WF and it is all fine on that site. Like a lot of these guys on here, they want to the first to give a indication of the RV of the IDR.

so i guess were all lying then, is that it? i did NOT see anyone mention anything about an RV.

PS CAPTAIN KNOWITALL....My post was a direct copy n paste from my brokerage account home page.

Whenever Chase goes down for maintenance I get an email from them. I did not get one this weekend and as of 5:30 I am still able to access my acct. This appears to be more BS.......

SAME GOES FOR YOU TOO

Well this sounds very interesting to me.  Normally they dont give out that much information. They basically blow you off with whatever........They dont like having to explain the details of their actions.

Sounds Promising.     Hope something does happen, Im getting tiered of this ride....... I want offfffff   :blink:

Wow just woke up on the couch  .... nice little sleep lol

another email in the inbox from bank ... see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 1 new messages Important update - our service availability                  20 Jul 13

We're carrying out some planned system work which means some services won't be available after 11pm through to early tomorrow morning.

During this period:
- Internet Banking won't be available
- Telephone Banking will be operating a restricted service.

We're letting you know to help you manage your banking around the work.

Other services will continue as usual:
- Your Debit and Credit Cards will continue to work as normal
- You'll still be able to withdraw cash at our ATMs.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience

• Upvote 2

It's just so weird why some people are seeing the message from the bank about the system being down, but others aren't. Everything just seems really puzzling right now! But hey...we only have about 9-10 more hours until Iraq starts their working day (that is if they don't stay home due to the heat, lol)...Hopefully Sunday will bring us some good news!