Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Global Financial Shutdown This Weekend

RVWITHME

Both Commonwealth Bank and ANZ (Australia New Zealand) Bank in Australia are down in their mobile/app banking.

Called 2 mates who also have ANZ mobile banking facilities and they got the same thing.

I then called the ANZ tech department and they said that they didn't know why the system was down.

I'll be in touch with a few other friends with accounts with other Australian banks and post anything interesting here.

:confused2:

• Upvote 1

Don’t get to excited over this its just changes to support the new Current Account Switch Service due in September.

Read more here

http://www.paymentscouncil.org.uk/switch_service/

And that's something that requires everyone to shut down? 

And to do so at the same time? I know that allot of changes can 

be done to any system without shutting down, and it would seem 

difficult to get everyone inline for something which appears so trivial.

Not saying you're wrong, just asking. 

• Upvote 3

Thats true ladygracesdaddy.......I am not sure but is the checking account what you have in the USA....i have tried to search for the same sort of information using Checking account to see if their is the same sort of event happening in the USA too

• Upvote 1

And that's something that requires everyone to shut down? 

And to do so at the same time? I know that allot of changes can 

be done to any system without shutting down, and it would seem 

difficult to get everyone inline for something which appears so trivial.

Not saying you're wrong, just asking. 

I'd have to agree with you .... services like this would normally stagger something like this to minimize disruption.

Imagine all the hospitals in the country shut down for one day to upgrade there computer systems .... Imagine all police stations shut down for one day for an upgrade ...... banks are no less important nowadays, not many people carry cash anymore... everything is credit and debit and business 24/7.

It's not just the UK that this is happening in !!

• Upvote 3

Yes I do have two checking accounts in the USA, but I must sadly admit 

that my wife does all my banking for me. I wouldn't know the first thing about

how to bring it up online. I know that she can do it, but I will have to ask her 

to in the morning. You wouldn't want me to wake her up.  :lol:  She kick both 

our butts. 

• Upvote 1

how to bring it up online. I know that she can do it, but I will have to ask her 

our butts. 

:lol:  no best not wake her would be a bad thing to do.

Just wondering would it also have anything to do with the Basel III

Edited by zantac
  • Upvote 1

our butts. 

:lol:  no best not wake her would be a bad thing to do.

Just a though would it also have anything to do with the Basel III

I have often wondered about the whole Basel thing. Not sure I buy into

all of the guru myths about it. However, I do think it is highly probable that 

it does have something to do with the dinar. What with the timing of everything. 

And that would seem to require a complete shutdown if I understand what Basil is. 

• Upvote 1

Don’t get to excited over this its just changes to support the new Current Account Switch Service due in September.

Read more here

http://www.paymentscouncil.org.uk/switch_service/

The Current Account Switch Service to which you refer seems to be targeted towards UK based bank customers only, so why would the rest of the world have to comply to regulations that do not even affect us?

Still seems to be more to this than what's being shown on the surface.

If all of this is designed to target a finalization in late Sept., that may relate to our change of USD currency beginning on Oct 8th.

Speculation is that the new US currency will be a combo of Federal Reserve and US Treasury for awhile as a transition, then going to UST only with the possibility of a restoration of a Gold Standard, but who knows about any of this other than the fact that this shutdown seems to be a large and timed Global event and not just inclusive of the UK.

The Current Account Switch Service to which you refer seems to be targeted towards UK based bank customers only, so why would the rest of the world have to comply to regulations that do not even affect us?

Still seems to be more to this than what's being shown on the surface.

If all of this is designed to target a finalization in late Sept., that may relate to our change of USD currency beginning on Oct 8th.

Speculation is that the new US currency will be a combo of Federal Reserve and US Treasury for awhile as a transition, then going to UST only with the possibility of a restoration of a Gold Standard, but who knows about any of this other than the fact that this shutdown seems to be a large and timed Global event and not just inclusive of the UK.

that current account switch thing is a bit of a joke anyway ..... it's pretty easy to do it at the moment, I've done it before it takes like 10 mins

and yes it is targeted at the UK only ..... so no reason for other banks to go down. I have a feeling something is up, lets just hope it's the dinar rate lol

We are getting closer to late July. This is amazing

where have you been hiding buddy, you've been missing for quite a while.

good to hear from you.

• Upvote 1

my brokerage account said they would be unavailabe online july 20th but i forget what time it said to be down

todays message on account:

We're sorry, but one or more of your accounts could not be loaded. Please try again later.
Benefits OnLine information is currently unavailable.

This is testing and fine tuning of the Basel lll software. One final global test of the system to make sure everyone is on board and all security measures are in place and working for our benefit. One more hold up but a good hold up I say.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I bit. Logged into First Tennessee. I have both a business and personal account. First tried the business account and no word of scheduled maintenance. But lo and behold, the personal account states the following:

Banking online will not be available from Saturday July 20th at 10:00 pm until Sunday July 21st at 6:00 am (Central Time) while we make upgrades to our system.

All I can say is bullroar. Here in central Iowa, all is normal. I can get into my credit union and my wife is on WF and it is all fine on that site. Like a lot of these guys on here, they want to the first to give a indication of the RV of the IDR.

• Downvote 1

I went to Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union's ATM to take out money from my Florida Central Credit Union because it was closer this morning. It didn't give me a balance on the receipt when I took out the money so when I got home I logged into my account and it doesn't show my withdrawal. I could log in and everything however my balance is the same as it was last night. I couldn't understand why until I saw this post.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Regions, but here is the notice from them.....

Beginning Thursday July 18th at 8:00 PM Central Standard Time, Regions will begin scheduled maintenance to enhance our Online Bill Pay system. During this time, Regions Online Bill Pay will be unavailable.

We expect the new Regions Bill Pay system to be available for customers by 5:00 PM Central Standard Time on Sunday, July 21st. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please visit our FAQs tab below for more information.

B/A