Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar at Dinar Trade rate 980

Woo Hoo. Just as it is more expensive to buy Dollars in Iraq. It is also more expensive to buy Dinars in the United States.

Go to Dinar Trade or any other dealer. How much does Dinar cost? 1020 per million. 1,000,000. divided by 1020 equals an exchange rate of 980.39

Edited by Doctor Smith
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's been the equivalent of $980 per million here in the UK for as long as I can remember ..... from dealers anyway

It was a little cheaper from banks up until they all stopped selling a year and a half ago

even now I've just checked and its £650 ..... which is $980 so a rate of 1020 IQD to $1  ...... but it's always been like that

you have it the wrong way about !!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CURRENCY CODE SELL BUY US dollar USD 1166.000 1164.000 Euro EUR 1529.559 1528.794 British pound GBP 1761.126 1760.246 Canadian dollar CAD ----- ----- Swiss franc CHF 1236.610 1235.992 Swedish krona SEK 174.789 174.702 Norwegian krone NOK 193.775 193.678 Danish krone DKK 205.116 205.013 Japanese yen JPY 11.666 11.660 Special
Drawing Rights SDR 1753.781 1752.904 Indicative rates - 17.07.2013
Edited by SnowGlobe7

the dealers most likely fly over there at a cost of 3 thousand dolars.. pick up around 100 million dinars a pop .. and they pay expenses of having an outlet here in america and make a profit ..we arent exchanging dinars in america . we are paying for the delivery service in america .. competition  keeps the price down .. if only one guy was doing it he could set any price he wants .. but others are competing for business ...

let me put it to you this way Doctor smith.

your dealer is giving you 1020 dinars for every dollar you give him ..... correct

the official rate is 1166 dinar to the dollar .....

that means if the dealer is importing dinar at the official CBI rate (1166) he is shaving some dinar off the top ( thats his spread)

so if his selling rate is 1020 he is pocketing 126 IQD for every dollar you spend with him .... for every 1million dinar you buy he makes roughly 143,000 IQD ($122)

thats business .... banks do the same to cover there costs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plus fees and commisions. They just complain more in Iraq and are slowly getting a better rate.

Iraqis get the CBI rate ..... its there currency

think of it this way you go to a bank to buy British pounds of Euro's ...... do you think you could get a better rate than me !!

Even if I was exchanging dollars for pounds or euros I will always get a better rate here than you could in the US ....... because the banks costs are less meaning they give a better rate here .....

Just like buying dinar in Iraq  V's the US

Hey The Machine:

Mc to Mc. Whats an Irish Viking doing living in Scotland? Doney brooking? LOL LOL LOL. Good to see an evolution.

Dublin was a Viking settlement

slowly moving back towards my roots ...... next stop Norway lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

let me put it to you this way Doctor smith.

your dealer is giving you 1020 dinars for every dollar you give him ..... correct

the official rate is 1166 dinar to the dollar .....

that means if the dealer is importing dinar at the official CBI rate (1166) he is shaving some dinar off the top ( thats his spread)

so if his selling rate is 1020 he is pocketing 126 IQD for every dollar you spend with him .... for every 1million dinar you buy he makes roughly 143,000 IQD ($122)

thats business .... banks do the same to cover there costs

Yes. Exactly. But we keep getting all these articles posted from Iraq, that talk about how the rate is changing in Iraq. And some with Dinar goggles think something out of the ordinary is happening. When it's not.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Exactly. But we keep getting all these articles posted from Iraq, that talk about how the rate is changing in Iraq. And some with Dinar goggles think something out of the ordinary is happening. When it's not.

We have been seeing those articles for years what they are talking about is the market or street rate of the dinar against the dollar.... even though the official CBI rate was 1166 the street rate rose to 1250 or something like that which actually made it more expensive for Iraqis to buy dollars or to spend dinars..... the rate for us never changed.

• Upvote 2

it's been the equivalent of $980 per million here in the UK for as long as I can remember ..... from dealers anyway

It was a little cheaper from banks up until they all stopped selling a year and a half ago

even now I've just checked and its £650 ..... which is $980 so a rate of 1020 IQD to $1  ...... but it's always been like that

you have it the wrong way about !!

I wanted to leave you a message in your profile but couldn't find the form for it so I'll ask you here... Could you please suggest  some reputable IQD Dealers In the UK  I might contact to try and offload  my Dinars? It'd be simpler for me  than sending them over to a US Dealer. Thanks in advance.

Other UK Members who might know... Please share. Thanks.

I happen to be in great need of selling, unfortunately.

If you want, you can reply to this in my profile. Thank you.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

I wanted to leave you a message in your profile but couldn't find the form for it so I'll ask you here... Could you please suggest  some reputable IQD Dealers In the UK  I might contact to try and offload  my Dinars? It'd be simpler for me  than sending them over to a US Dealer. Thanks in advance.

Other UK Members who might know... Please share. Thanks.

I happen to be in great need of selling, unfortunately.

If you want, you can reply to this in my profile. Thank you.

Hey Umbertino sorry to hear you need to sell.

I have dealt with dinar UK in the past found them good there a sister company of Dinar Trade

link to there contact info .... https://www.dinaruk.com/contactus.php

I've just checked there website and it doesn't seem to say anywhere that they buy back but I did find this on there site in the FAQ section, never noticed it before.

Q: How can I exchange my Iraqi Dinar for USD, GBP?

A: The Central Bank of Iraq has issued licenses to western banks to operate in Iraq. The three banks that are licensed are: National Bank of Kuwait, HSBC Bank, and Charter Bank of England.

Once these banks are operational in Iraq, you can exchange your Dinars through their branches anywhere in the world.

As far as I know HSBC is up and running in Iraq .... you should have a branch near you might be worth checking out.

other than that sell them on eBay, I noticed lately that 25,000 notes are going for £24 ( €27.86) each ... that could be worth a shot but will obviously take longer to sell large amounts. but your pretty much getting back what you bought them for.

• Upvote 2

I checked a few online .. There's one in London  ( dinarindexdotcom) which really strangles you when it comes to selling your Dinars to them. I'm not sure they have business as things are .

They will pay  for one Million Dinars  the following:

£300.47 Pounds per 1 Million dinar 

$601.20 Dollars per 1 Million Dinars 

E337.93 Euros per 1 Million ( that would be $ 444....F crazy)

Not good.

I'll check a few also in the US...Only that It'll cost me much more to ship with DHL or FedEx overseas than it would if I shipped to the UK.

And there also bureaucratic issues... If I ship to the US my shipment may be subject to search at the Italian Int'l Airport ( in my case Milan Malpensa) as the US is not EU..Instead if I'd ship to the UK there's no Customs search as it's considered all a big Country ( EU).. Now I know I didn't do anything wrong but who knows the way these Customs Folks reason.. If they'd discover  my Dinars surely first thing  they'd do is they'd seize them and then who knows.....A nuisance.

I'll think of what to do.

Edited by umbertino

I would sell mine. But I know as soon as I do it will RV for sure.

tell you what you sell up so it can RV and everyone on this site will give you 10,000 iqd lol

oh if only it was that simple

I checked a few online .. There's one in London  ( dinarindexdotcom) which really strangles you when it comes to selling your Dinars to them. I'm not sure they have business as things are .

They will pay  for one Million Dinars  the following:

£300.47 Pounds per 1 Million dinar 

$601.20 Dollars per 1 Million Dinars 

E337.93 Euros per 1 Million ( that would be $ 444....F crazy)

Not good.

I'll check a few also in the US...Only that It'll cost me much more to ship with DHL or FedEx overseas than it would if I shipped to the UK.

And there also bureaucratic issues... If I ship to the US my shipment may be subject to search at the Italian Int'l Airport ( in my case Milan Malpensa) as the US is not EU..Instead if I'd ship to the UK there's no Customs search as it's considered all a big Country ( EU).. Now I know I didn't do anything wrong but who knows the way these Customs Folks reason.. If they'd discover  my Dinars surely first thing  they'd do is they'd seize them and then who knows.....A nuisance.

I'll think of what to do.

I'd never sell at that price ..... thats daylight robbery, they sell 1million for £650 and only buy back at £300 ... i'm in the wrong business

I wouldn't worry too much about customs I've had dinar shipped to me from Jordan , Kuwait, and USA .... all packages were opened by customs , then resealed and sent on to me.

yeah fedex to us is expensive .... last time Dinar trade sent me dinar it cost them $48 for fedex ........ DinarUK was out of stock so it was sent to me from DT in Vegas.

• Upvote 1

I would sell mine. But I know as soon as I do it will RV for sure.

I know.... Still I need to do it.

tell you what you sell up so it can RV and everyone on this site will give you 10,000 iqd lol

oh if only it was that simple

I'd never sell at that price ..... thats daylight robbery, they sell 1million for £650 and only buy back at £300 ... i'm in the wrong business

I wouldn't worry too much about customs I've had dinar shipped to me from Jordan , Kuwait, and USA .... all packages were opened by customs , then resealed and sent on to me.

yeah fedex to us is expensive .... last time Dinar trade sent me dinar it cost them $48 for fedex ........ DinarUK was out of stock so it was sent to me from DT in Vegas.

Neither would I ( sell at that price)..I said infact they kinda strangle you.

I agree with you in that I had 3 or 4 FedEx shipments with Dinars from the US and not once they were stopped and checked by Italian Customs ( that I know of.. I always got my shipments with no problem) .... But  with my ( lack of) luck.. It might well happen and that would further screw things up ( which I don't need)...

True that if I'm forced to do it ( and it seems to be that way ) I'll do it ( ship to the US)....

Edited by umbertino