Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Janis Joplin - Piece Of My Heart

umbertino

Live in Germany 1968.

Nice pick big U, you know I really think , janis J could of been as big as Gladys Knight ,just like Jim Morrison or Jimmy Hendririx, all three were just used up by the record producers and agents who never tried to get them on the straight and narrow but choose to think of their bottom line and just ride the boat load of Money as long as they could, all three were huge stars that someone decided to just let burn out. Paul McCartney just did a awesome concert in Milwaukee last night at 71 years old, 71" that blows my mind, but tells me that the people that handle these stars need to know what they are doing.
  • Upvote 1

eddie,

thanks for your thoughts. really appreciate it. I grew up on the west coast. jimmie hendrix lived 3 doors from a great friend.  I was fortunate to listen to these great bands 1965 to 1969. (p.s. my first concert was jan and dean and the beach boys, also saw the beatles, and paul mccartneys first tour) (also many other groups....)

My fav concert was Bob Dylan and the Band. WOW! people talk about the Rolling Stones, who i saw many times, but the last Band tour concert was amazing.

The thing about this old groups was how amazing they were in concert, like Dave Mathews. Now it is in all about auto tuning. darn

p.s. I also saw Jim Morrison.  He took off his pants and we all clapped. those were the days...

eddie,

thanks for your thoughts. really appreciate it. I grew up on the west coast. jimmie hendrix lived 3 doors from a great friend.  I was fortunate to listen to these great bands 1965 to 1969. (p.s. my first concert was jan and dean and the beach boys, also saw the beatles, and paul mccartneys first tour) (also many other groups....)

My fav concert was Bob Dylan and the Band. WOW! people talk about the Rolling Stones, who i saw many times, but the last Band tour concert was amazing.

The thing about this old groups was how amazing they were in concert, like Dave Mathews. Now it is in all about auto tuning. darn

p.s. I also saw Jim Morrison.  He took off his pants and we all clapped. those were the days...

Thanks for your testimonial.

Yes... A poor recording but her talent stil shows imho. True that I never saw her live so I can't judge / tell the difference.

Nice pick big U, you know I really think , janis J could of been as big as Gladys Knight ,just like Jim Morrison or Jimmy Hendririx, all three were just used up by the record producers and agents who never tried to get them on the straight and narrow but choose to think of their bottom line and just ride the boat load of Money as long as they could, all three were huge stars that someone decided to just let burn out. Paul McCartney just did a awesome concert in Milwaukee last night at 71 years old, 71" that blows my mind, but tells me that the people that handle these stars need to know what they are doing.

Thanks Eddie.... Agreed.

Edited by umbertino