Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Deletion of Zeroes" and A Little Math...

Hairball51

the saddam dinar had some reserves 2 billion . to back the saddam dinars ..but the swiss dinar had nothing backing it . but they gave the one with nothing backing it a higher value .. strange

you know since the swiss dinar was demonetized in 1991.. it wasnt backed by the cbi

Do you think the CPA should have told all in the Kurdistan region that they were SOL and that their dinars were not redeemable?? Basically wiping them all out and telling them they have not 1 cent to their name?

unless someone can show the kurds in the north turned over their reserves  to the cbi in 2003  for their 150 to 1 exchange rate .. then there was nothing at all backing the  swiss dinar

Actually, they can have two different currencies. They cannot have the same currency with different rates.

That is correct....which is what the ISO code does....its distinguishes different currencies so that they can have two different rates with the dinar.....

unless someone can show the kurds in the north turned over their reserves  to the cbi in 2003  for their 150 to 1 exchange rate .. then there was nothing at all backing the  swiss dinar

The kurdistan region still doesnt report all its holdings to the CBI......we may never know what they were holding that could have backed the swiss dinar....pretty sure we have talked about this before....  = )

The kurdistan region still doesnt report all its holdings to the CBI......we may never know what they were holding that could have backed the swiss dinar....pretty sure we have talked about this before....  = )

it doesnt matter ..if all the bremmers are controlled by the cbi now  they are all backed by the cbi .. they dont have their own central bank in northern iraq issuing currency to themselves ..

only the cbi has the authority to issue currency in iraq

its not like they told the kurds you got so much reserves . that we will give you 150 bremmers to swiss dinar and you just keep your reserves too ..and lay the debt of  all those bremmers on the govt of iraq while they just keep their reserves .. they had no reserves .. just a value by decree

its just a value that they set  and used

it doesnt matter ..if all the bremmers are controlled by the cbi now  they are all backed by the cbi .. they dont have their own central bank in northern iraq issuing currency to themselves ..

only the cbi has the authority to issue currency in iraq

Yep...things are different now....

some questions cannot be answred ,, we will wait and see .

no country has gone through what iraq has gone thru.. they cant be compared ..

i personally dont  believe whats coming out of iraq they contradict themselves daily ..

i can see the possibility of a different rate coming  if the dinars are deleted just like they had two different rates for the swiss and the saddam notes ..especially since they are claiming to have enough reserves to cover the dinar multiple times ..not saying their will be . but its possible to delete three zeros and have a different exchange rate between the bremmer and the new dinar .different than 1000 to one ..they claim 2 and a half times the reserves to cover the dinar they have ,, so thats a possibility of 466 to one exchange after deletion of three zeros

Ok everyone...I apologize if this has been covered but I'm asking for a little help in my math skills here to see if I am way off on this. 

First, it would seem to me that the greatest number "lopsters" throw around in defending their views is the 30 trillion dinars the CBI has put out as a total amount of dinars. They argue that an RV, especially a 1:1 or anything close, would never make sense considering the staggeringly high amount of the 30 trillion dinars total. But as many have pointed out, the CBI has been using the auctions to pull in the higher denominations and keeping them to be destroyed when they issue the new lower denominations thus decreasing the money supply already. So, if that is true, that 30 trillion could be much less by now.

Here is where my math comes in...I put this out there as an example, if my math is correct, as to how much the CBI could take in of the higher denominations in one year, thus taking them out of circulation.

I will use a very conservative estimate of $150 million dollars at the daily auctions or $150,000,000. So, in order to find out how much dinar was pulled in at the auction to get that $150 million, you would multiply the $150,000,000 by an average exchange rate of 1,166 dinars (because for every dollar the bank gives, you would have to give them 1,166 dinars). That comes out to 174,900,000,000 or 174 billion 900 million dinar. Keep in mind, this is in ONE day. Now let's say they have 20 auctions a month. 174 billion 900 million dinars x 20 auctions a month = 3,498,000,000,000 or 3 trillion 498 billion dinars in one month. Now, multiply that out to a whole year and we see that it is possible for the CBI, if they wanted to, to remove from circulation almost 42 trillion dinar in one year. Suddenly, that 30 trillion the "lopsters" throw around doesn't seem so astronomical. 

"I'm not sure when these auctions started but I would have to say that it's is fair to speculate that the CBI has had ample opportunity to put a huge dent in that 30 trillion without ever having to think of doing a LOP. I don't know...I could be wrong...and I probably am...lol. I'm hoping someone could help me with this....thanks!"

If you check the CBI Financials, that "dent" hasn't started yet. Still showing 33.9 Trillion outside banks. :)

JulyCBI2013.png

Edited by tenmillion

Disclaimer

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=Disclaimer

5. The CBI takes reasonable measures to ensure that the data and other material on this website are correct and complete, but it does not accept any liability for any error or omission from the site. The CBI provides no warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of information available through this web site. Any conclusions that users draw from the information presented here are there.

Edited by dontlop

The date doesnt matter.....this is explaining the auctions and their purpose....check out the other countries that hold currency auctions.....its no different.....

Keep do you really trust anything they say? I understand your view but do you think they are going to tell the world what they are actually doing? IMO I think they have been reducing the money supply because it would be in their best interest. If this was just about us I would be more apt to believe some of what they say. For them to advance their country they would have to have pulled down the excess. But they are Arabs so who really knows. Sometimes I don't even think they know.

If you have any questions about the legitimacy of a particular financial transaction or instrument, or if you have any information regarding such illegal and illegitimate transactions or dealings, please contact us at:

Central Bank of Iraq
Al-Rashid Street
P.O. Box 64
Baghdad - Iraq

Telephone numbers

+964 1 816 5170
+964 1 816 5171
+964 1 816 5172
+964 1 816 5173
+964 1 816 5174
+964 1 816 5175

Fax number

+964 1 816 6802

cbi@cbi.iq

7. The official version of the CBI documents is provided in the Arabic language, which is available in hard-copy printed form. Only such Arabic versions are binding on the CBI as an official source of information. The CBI assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of other versions of documents posted herein, resulting from translating the Arabic originals into other languages.

Keep do you really trust anything they say? I understand your view but do you think they are going to tell the world what they are actually doing? IMO I think they have been reducing the money supply because it would be in their best interest. If this was just about us I would be more apt to believe some of what they say. For them to advance their country they would have to have pulled down the excess. But they are Arabs so who really knows. Sometimes I don't even think they know.

Well its kinda hard for me to not believe some of their financial statements when you have global acounting firms auditing them to international financial standards. If they are purposely lying about the statements they stand to lose major credibility and contracts across the world.....not saying it cant happen, but i find it unlikely....especially when there is no.evidence to suggest otherwise....

Well its kinda hard for me to not believe some of their financial statements when you have global acounting firms auditing them to international financial standards. If they are purposely lying about the statements they stand to lose major credibility and contracts across the world.....not saying it cant happen, but i find it unlikely....especially when there is no.evidence to suggest otherwise....

Time will tell

i like the discloser where they say they dont have to provide the truth in english on the cbi website .. all they say they guarentee the truth is when its in arabic on the arabic version

The financial.audits dont.......otherwise they would specifically state whats not correct.....

Keep, I got a great question for you...How sure are you that they will do a LOP? Like 90%? Where I stand right now I'm like 70% sure of an RV but I used to be the other way around. I used to be like 70% sure of a LOP. I totally get what you're saying brother but has there been anything come out that made you go hmmmmmm? Just curious....

I'm not trying to pump another site or anything but Kaperoni really spun my head around when I was fairly sure of a LOP. His website has a tab titled "Research Library" with an overwhelming library of reports and articles backing up what he says. Plus, under the forums they have a Kap section where he goes even further into detail about all of this. It's really a gigantic well of information. He's not a "guru" even though he is labled as such on sites just as Adam is too. He despises that title... Have you ever checked out his site and what he has to say about these topics?

Keep, I got a great question for you...How sure are you that they will do a LOP? Like 90%? Where I stand right now I'm like 70% sure of an RV but I used to be the other way around. I used to be like 70% sure of a LOP. I totally get what you're saying brother but has there been anything come out that made you go hmmmmmm? Just curious....I'm not trying to pump another site or anything but Kaperoni really spun my head around when I was fairly sure of a LOP. His website has a tab titled "Research Library" with an overwhelming library of reports and articles backing up what he says. Plus, under the forums they have a Kap section where he goes even further into detail about all of this. It's really a gigantic well of information. He's not a "guru" even though he is labled as such on sites just as Adam is too. He despises that title... Have you ever checked out his site and what he has to say about these topics?

Thats the thing, im not even sure they wil lop, its just thats all that they talk about.......im on the fence lol.....they CAN raise the.value without lopping gradually.....we know they are backing the dinar 2.5 times its current value which could bring it around 4 or 500 to 1, its just will they do it and keep it moving? All Kaps info that he posts is talking about deleting the zeros and what the value woukd be after they did it.....and thats not a straight revaluation....he spins it all intobmeaning a straight RV but its not.....thats why i dont go to his site.....will check out that link later, on the phone now....