Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How Much Money Would Make You Happy?

I agree Rod.....Good points and sensible.

Having said that.... Money is painfully useful and one realizes that esp. when they lack it bad.

No argument there Umbertino... as a tool, to accomplish "the necessaries" it is indeed useful, and yes... it does give ya some options that might not be afforded to you otherwise!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 1

Some say, "if you think money can't buy you happiness, that you don't know where to shop".  Rod and staff, you are very correct.  

BUT ....  Money can buy time and opportunity.  I ran across an article about housekeeping, chef and maid type services.  This one family had a large ranch and business that the family ran.  They could do all the work but chose to hire the housekeeping and cooking out to spend more TIME with the teenage boys playing on the ranch.  Me?  I mow my yard because I enjoy it.  The zero degree turn mower helps! But laundry?  Yes, I can do it and I do a lot of it but that will be one of the first to get hired out!

How many moms and dads could give so much more to their kids, communities, coaching, churches, scouting and families if only they had more time? Money can buy time.  Hire all the house work out.  Hire a personal assistant to run all those time consuming chores.  Relax some so that you will have the time and energy to read that night time story when asked.  I hope that I do these things

• Upvote 2

No argument there Umbertino... as a tool, to accomplish "the necessaries" it is indeed useful, and yes... it does give ya some options that might not be afforded to you otherwise!!!  ;) 

Agreed. I had to learn all that at the University of Hard Knocks... Yes, it still hurts....Smile.. Life goes on.

• Upvote 1

As they say: A fool and his money soon part ways! Point being, there is no amount of money that an accomplished fool cannot squander! I've read in several places that 80% of Post RV Dinarians will be broke in 2-years or less, probobly based on the well established track record of major lottery winners: fortunes frittered away, divorce, family squabbles, kid's murdering their parents for money......a real eye opener and something to give some thought to in advance of receiving your manna from heaven......

They say money can't buy happiness or love, but I'm willing to participate in the grand experiment anyway! Bring it baby! 

Thanks for making me think about it UNEEK.

• Upvote 2

I would be happy with infinity plus 10. Enough to pay off debts, set up my kids and grand kids inheritence in a trust fund, get a residual of between $7k to $10k a month, and enough to dabble on land and flipping. Plus alot of vacations. I really do, with proceeds of a good RV, want to buy land become a farmer and grow crops enough to supply as many Soup Kitchens as possible with fresh veggies ... for FREE. Maybe sell just enough to buy seed, fertilizer, water and equipment needed for the next years crops.

• Upvote 1

They say money can't buy happiness or love, but I'm willing to participate in the grand experiment anyway! Bring it baby! 

End Quote

Me too... I'm literally itching to experiment. Maybe one day.

The other day here in this Country there was a SuperEnalotto win ( like Powerball or MegaMillions) of about 14M Euros ( was not too high as there had been previously another win and the jackpot was just starting forming up again).

The biggest win ever here was ( tax-free) 178M Euros  3 years ago. Sole winner ( anonymous).

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

I've made it a rule in my house that if we (my wife and I) come into a large amount of money (CA MegaLottery at 425 million dollars as I type this) we will not spend any money until one year has lapsed.  Of course, it goes without saying that paying off bills, credit cards, etc. does not count.  So, a new car, a new wardrobe, jewelry, etc. will not be purchased until the one year anniversary of our good fortune.  In other words, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

• Upvote 1

If you don't think that money can buy happiness,

then you don't know where to shop...

All kidding aside,

one of my clients is the manager

of a local financial management company.

I asked him a question:

"If I brought you one million in

cash and said that I wanted to make

between 6 and 7 thousand a month,

could it be done relatively safe,

without too much risk?".

He said yes.

He then went on to say that the people

that really drive him nuts are the ones

who want to make over ten thousand

a month, without risk.

"Unless you have a crystal ball,

that's almost impossible.".

As for me, on a personal level, I like simple.

Don't need a big house.

The wife can keep the one

we have now.

I'll buy my own.

Don't need a fancy car.

Love my truck.

Don't want to take cruises.

The wife can go with her friends.

All I really want is an Olhausen

pool table, a new paint job on

my truck, a new computer,

and a second refrigerator for

my beer...

You better be ready for some company!

I plan on building a game room and having a Brunswick Gold Crown Tournament edition 4-1/2' x 9' table and bar with 6 different beers on tap !

• Upvote 1