Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hang in there!!!

RodandStaff

Life takes at least two things imho....

..you gotta hang onto it and not let go..

.. and ya gotta have faith that the rope will hold!!!   ;) 

969514_352860691483634_1795977858_n.jpg

This has been a long, slow climb... but hang in there ya'll... the summit is in sight!!!  :D 

• Upvote 5

Don't mean to be rude, but, RodandStaff, omg ????

Now, i'm from Oklahoma, we are not master educated up here.

I know a lot about trappin,huntin pigs, and I keeeel you to.

now according to Patron, Good soresss, RodandStaff is real stupid, just sayin.

So, I be tryin to say, that's stupid, and here's your sign.

Period.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Don't mean to be rude, but, RodandStaff, omg ????

Now, i'm from Oklahoma, we are not master educated up here.

I know a lot about trappin,huntin pigs, and I keeeel you to.

now according to Patron, Good soresss, RodandStaff is real stupid, just sayin.

So, I be tryin to say, that's stupid, and here's your sign.

Period.

Stupid???   :huh:  Naw... not this time... :lol: ... this is picture of a friend of mine in Yosemite!!    I would like to try it someday though, it's on my bucket list... but after I get plenty of molla to be sure the wife is taken care of first!!!   :rolleyes:

I can smell the bbq at the top and I heard there's an open bar.

So Yall Better Come    :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D

Ohhh... I like that M.I.T...  BBQ and beer... now your talkin'!!!

• Upvote 1

Stupid???   :huh:  Naw... not this time... :lol: ... this is picture of a friend of mine in Yosemite!!    I would like to try it someday though, it's on my bucket list... but after I get plenty of molla to be sure the wife is taken care of first!!!   :rolleyes:

Ohhh... I like that M.I.T...  BBQ and beer... now your talkin'!!!

I'll try it with ya ... right after they install the chair lift !!!

Thanks for the inspirational post!!

• Upvote 2

:bump:... I don't normally "bump my own post"  :blush: ... but I was just havin' the feelin' that maybe someone needs that little bit of encouragement... esp. when things don't seem to be going the way they expect... let's remember... the night is always darkest before the dawn... but don't worry... the sun is comin' up!!!  ;)

• Upvote 2

:bump:... I don't normally "bump my own post"  :blush: ... but I was just havin' the feelin' that maybe someone needs that little bit of encouragement... esp. when things don't seem to be going the way they expect... let's remember... the night is always darkest before the dawn... but don't worry... the sun is comin' up!!!  ;)

Thanks Rod, yes I needed to read this today...lets just say it was a day, glad this ones over with, start a new tomorrow....Thanks...:)..ummm, don't think I would do that mountain thingy, I like the ground... :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Thanks Rod, yes I needed to read this today...lets just say it was a day, glad this ones over with, start a new tomorrow....Thanks...:)..ummm, don't think I would do that mountain thingy, I like the ground... :lol:  :lol:

Terra firma

The more firma the less terra ;)

• Upvote 3

thanks R&S, you're are a blessing!

just in time  :)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the reminder Rod!!!! As always you rock....

I started technical climbing when I was about 15... back in those days we had to glue rubber inter tubes onto our high top Chucks to get the sticking power we needed,.... We did what we needed to do in order to stick with it (now of course the shoes are frickin amazing... foot binding..... but amazing).... I learned a lot about life in those early days of technical climbing.... (after the first cardinal rule: do NOT put the rope on bare leg skin and then jump:.... getting debried in the ER is much less fun than celebrating the climb with your buds afterward :o ).. Apart from that, your picture analogy is so perfect.....

• You got to step off the ridge if you want to take the ride
  • That first step is always  a leap of faith
    • Trust God, and be responsible for for your own tie on
    • A challenging climb means you're gonna have to take that step of faith repeatedly if you want to get to the bottom
  • If you don't know what you are doing, ask someone who does......., then listen to them
    • Don't get into situations you don't know what you are doing

• Doing so puts you at the mercy of another's opinion

• Don't climb a mountain you can't afford to climb (technically, physically etc)
    • Know your limts, push your strengths
  • The rope will hold you as long as you hold on
  • Don't ever take on a challenging climb without your friends
    • Climb with those who support you, and you them
    • Know who can trust to navigate the face and focus on their approach/path
    • If its you, be a responsible leader, if its them, be a contributing follower
  • Don't ever go out on a mountain unless you are willing to take complete responsibility for putting yourself there.
  • Always climb with a group, always understand you are individually responsible for every step you take.
  • The ride is what it is, ....you are the one that determines your experience of it

Great photo Rod..... (can't tell... is it the Dome) exceptional analogy..... and I'm sure others could add a whole more than I did..... Thanks :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

In my opinion Rayzur... what you said... well... as I've heard some say... "It'll preach".... spot on, not in anyone's face but just the facts of life... each one of your points you could build on and could spend hours and hours thinkin' and meditating on (can you tell what I do when I head for the hills or lake???) That was an amazing analogy... and as always.... thanks for your contribution!!!     :tiphat:   ;) 

You got to step off the ridge if you want to take the ride

• That first step is always  a leap of faith
    • Trust God, and be responsible for for your own tie on
    • A challenging climb means you're gonna have to take that step of faith repeatedly if you want to get to the bottom...(or if your going up)
  • If you don't know what you are doing, ask someone who does......., then listen to them
    • Don't get into situations you don't know what you are doing

• Doing so puts you at the mercy of another's opinion

• Don't climb a mountain you can't afford to climb (technically, physically etc)
    • Know your limts, push your strengths
  • The rope will hold you as long as you hold on
  • Don't ever take on a challenging climb without your friends
    • Climb with those who support you, and you them
    • Know who can trust to navigate the face and focus on their approach/path
    • If its you, be a responsible leader, if its them, be a contributing follower
  • Don't ever go out on a mountain unless you are willing to take complete responsibility for putting yourself there.
  • Always climb with a group, always understand you are individually responsible for every step you take.
  • The ride is what it is, ....you are the one that determines your experience of it

Thanks Rod, yes I needed to read this today...lets just say it was a day, glad this ones over with, start a new tomorrow....Thanks... :)..ummm, don't think I would do that mountain thingy, I like the ground... :lol:  :lol:

I don't blame you... and it's still on my bucket list... though I have done a lot of crazy things in the past as a Chimney Sweep... but if you read Rayzur's analogy I think you will make the connection how this is really what we are all doing.... so hang in there and keep the faith!!!

Terra firma
The more firma the less terra
;)

:lmao:  Muleslayer... you "slay me" with your humor!!!  :lmao:  Can I steal your quote???   ;) 

• Upvote 1