Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wyndham Takes Chance on Iraq

Caz I hear ya.  I'm presently building two businesses.  It would be nice to have more funding come with ease via the rv, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if it doesn't.  I like Goose too but am not allowed anymore to drink it in public ....lol.

"not allowed anymore to drink it in public" You wanna go out for a drink....wink wink - lol

Hmm with the rise of Dubai's tourist appeal, and Qatar being an up and comer, it makes me wonder if they (the GOI) are looking down the road a bit to make that a future possibility for them. Afghanistan was a tourist Mecca before the 80s. Who's to say the entire region couldn't prosper the same way. Either way, more businesses spell a great future for the Country and its citizens. I just hope the rv comes long before that so I'll the money to enjoy it. :-p

Wyndham opens first hotel in Iraq

Published: 08/07/2013 - Filed under: News »

Wyndham Hotel Group has opened two Ramada hotels in the Middle East on the same day, including its first property in Iraq.

The newly-built Ramada Sulaymaniyah Salim Street in Kurdistan, which has 71 rooms, including 13 suites, welcomed its first guests today.

Ramada Plaza Beirut Raouche in Lebanon also opened today.

Ramada Sulaymaniyah Salim Street features a 728 sqm theatre-style ballroom that can cater for up to 700 people, the Panorama A La Carte Restaurant on the top floor, the Boulevard Café and Aquarium Lobby Bar.

The hotel also includes a spa, a 144 sqm indoor swimming pool, a Turkish bath, saunas and a whirlpool.

The 119-room Ramada Plaza Beirut Raouche overlooks the Mediterranean Sea and features a 391 sqm ballroom, a swimming pool, a fitness club and a restaurant on the 18th floor.

Rui Barros, Wyndham's senior vice president and managing director of Europeicon1.png, Middle East and Africa, said: "We look forward to offering business and leisure travellers in the market a new hotel experience, not to mention all of the benefits of the world's largest hotel loyalty programme."

In May, Wyndham announced plans to open its first hotel in Saudi Arabia, the 56-room Days Hotel Olaya in Riyadh (see online news, May 11).

• Upvote 1