Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wyndham Takes Chance on Iraq

Wyndham Takes Chance on Iraq

ramada-hotel-nki.jpg

By Francys Vallecillo | July 8, 2013 11:16 AM ET
Wyndham Hotel Group has announced its entry into Iraq with the opening of the Ramada Sulaymaniyah Salim Street in Kurdistan. 

The hotel features 58 rooms, 13 suites, 728-square-meter theater-style ballroom, a 144-square-meter indoor pool, a Turkish bath, saunas and a whirlpool.  

"Wyndham Hotel Group constantly evaluates opportunities to enter new markets and bring our renowned brands and best-in-class service to new destinations," Rui Barros, Wyndham Hotel Group's senior vice president of EMEA said in a release. "We look forward to offering business and leisure travelers in the market a new hotel experience." 

Although Iraq continues to suffer through spurts of violence, the northern Kurdistan region is increasing in popularity as a tourism location. Erbil was named the Arab Council of Tourism's 2014 tourism capital, according to Time magazine. 

"We have an ambition to be an international, worldwide destination by 2015," Mawlawi Jabar Wahab, head of Kurdistan's general board of tourism told Time magazine. "We never thought our ambitions could be so big."

Last year, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide announced it was re-entering Iraq after 20 years with the Sheraton Erbil Hotel scheduled to open in 2015. 

"The opening of the new Sheraton Erbil Hotel further underlines Starwood's commitment to growth and expansion in the region." Roeland Vos, president, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, EMEA said in a release.  

The Wyndham Hotel Group continues to expand in the Middle East region. On the same day it opened the Kurdistan hotel, the group opened the 144-room, 18-story Ramada Plaza Beirut Raouche. It also announced plans to introduce the Super 8 brand to Saudi Arabia, without specifying when. 

• Upvote 7

Yeah I believe it's actually gonna happen since all these filthy rich corps are wanting their slice of the pie. They wouldn't be poring $$ into a bankrupt country if they didn't smell something good cooking in the kitchen. Just saying !!!!    go rv..... yeh 

• Upvote 4

All it takes is one then another and the next thing you know...A giant Snowball in the middle of the Desert,Thanks. This really looks great. Come on RV

It still wouldn't convince me to go vacation there, lol. But yes, all of this is great news!!

• Upvote 1

good stuff @saradise.  hey @caz how have ya been my friend?

[/qu

Hey yourself Beautiful!!! Hope your Birthday was all you hoped it would be. Topic-a lot of good articles coming down the pike, but like many here I'm hopelessly optimistic ....................but cautious.

good stuff @saradise.  hey @caz how have ya been my friend?

[/qu

Hey yourself Beautiful!!! Hope your Birthday was all you hoped it would be. Topic-a lot of good articles coming down the pike, but like many here I'm hopelessly optimistic ....................but cautious.

it was fun. i had a small bbq and my ole buddy ole pal pino grigio :)  yes, there has been a ton of good news coming out and i understand your thinking on the matter.  here's to hoping it will all end in our favor positively.  *klink* *klink*

SGirl,Ol Pino shows up a lot this time of year-lol. I'm a Goose & cranberry kind of a guy. My life has & will go "klink" "klink" regardless. Even if I lose here I've had my share of winners and will not let this deter me.

Edited by caz1104

Great article...business keeps coming to Iraq.  They must be agreeing that an RV is near, why else would you go?  IF they have worthless currency, then why would you be there?  I think these businesses are speculating too, but it makes me feel a little better seeing big banks and places like a Ramada go in.  They are expecting great things! I am too!

SGirl,Ol Pino shows up a lot this time of year-lol. I'm a Goose & cranberry kind of a guy. My life has & will go "klink" "klink" regardless. Even if I lose here I've had my share of winners and will not let this deter me.

Caz I hear ya.  I'm presently building two businesses.  It would be nice to have more funding come with ease via the rv, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if it doesn't.  I like Goose too but am not allowed anymore to drink it in public ....lol.

• Upvote 1