Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete the zeros

cooked

Hey Cooked... NO, not your fault!  We Jerseyans just look to hard...  it's all still quite "interpretive" as to the actual meaning.

We just have to study all the scenarios and choose the one we like best for now, because no one is going to provide the absolute answer!

So, sit back, breathe, and let it come to you...  and stay off the Parkway on the weekends... summer's here!  :D

One time coming home from New England on the Palasaides pkwy I listened to an ENTIRE flyers game. The game started about 12 miles from the Tappanzee bridge and ended at exit 166 on the Garden state pkwy. One whole game over the course of 30 some miles. Thank god the flyers were playing the rangers and I could listen or I would have gone nuts. Also grateful I had a full tank of gas before the start.

Gotta love the parkway.

Research "removing zeros" or "lopping zeros" on google.......you will find your real answer. The CBI is talking about the same process as all the other countries that removed zeros. The giveaway should be when they have referenced those countries that lopped and have specifically stated a 1000 to 1 ratio for exchanging old for.new......

Regardless of what you favorite.gurus tell you, its NOT what we want.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Research "removing zeros" or "lopping zeros" on google.......you will find your real answer. The CBI is talking about the same process as all the other countries that removed zeros. The giveaway should be when they have referenced those countries that lopped and have specifically stated a 1000 to 1 ratio for exchanging old for.new......

Lol....look at you baby boy....ALL the great news as of late....including Turki talking good stuff....and you make a beeline for the lop debate.....you are one funny dude!

Heard you moved to Florida?

• Upvote 2

Lol....look at you baby boy....ALL the great news as of late....including Turki talking good stuff....and you make a beeline for the lop debate.....you are one funny dude!Heard you moved to Florida?

In case you didnt notice, someone else started this thread asking a question......god forbid someone give a straight forward answer.....

And by the way, if you are still such a fan, you would have seen my responses in the other threads to the more positive articles.......thanks for stopping by......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

As much as I do NOT want a lop, I also am afraid that is what they are referring to. LOP three zeros. THEN RV the Dinar to 3.44 or whatever rate. Honestly, it really seems like the most logical approach.... rather than making millions of people around the world instant millionaires... I just do NOT see the puppet masters allowing that to happen.

I have NOT seen ANY evidnece to PROVE that when Iraq talks of deleting the zeros, that they are NOT referring to a LOP. PLEASE, I beg you... prove me wrong. I REALLY do NOT want a lop.

As much as I do NOT want a lop, I also am afraid that is what they are referring to. LOP three zeros. THEN RV the Dinar to 3.44 or whatever rate. Honestly, it really seems like the most logical approach.... rather than making millions of people around the world instant millionaires... I just do NOT see the puppet masters allowing that to happen.

I have NOT seen ANY evidnece to PROVE that when Iraq talks of deleting the zeros, that they are NOT referring to a LOP. PLEASE, I beg you... prove me wrong. I REALLY do NOT want a lop.

I have to agree with you ....Unfortunately.. ...

In a selfish  Investor perspective.... I'd still hope for a few US cents RV ( just one penny RV , for instance, would be more profitable to us than a $3.44 RV with a LOP).... But obviously they'll do what they deem best for Iraq ...Which makes sense , like it or not.

Edited by umbertino

Well said... if they were going to LOP they would have done it years ago... Instead they've been dollarizing the country and bringing in as much IQD as possible through their auctions.  Sounds to me they know exactly what they've reduced to in country in terms of how much IQD is still floating around (in country).  A LOP would do nothing for them.. i think anybody that still believes a LOP is probable hasn't really educated themselves

Mahi - love the name. I used to catch them behind my sailboat trolling the Gulf Stream off Bahamas - the most gorgeous colors in the world when they come up from the blue and are alive...best eating fish there is.

I'm with you on the LOP theory. They would have done it years ago if the main reason were to make transactions easier. They don't need a good economy nor seated GOI, foreign investment, nor anything else they keep discussing to RD. So when they keep discussing conditions necessary for their "deleting the zeros," reading between the lines tells us those very conditions are not necessary for an LOP. They get to talk up how to RV, while making it seem they are discussing an RD. That's the smoke screen.

Question on the "bringing in IQD" - aren't people paid in IQD and then they try to exchange it for USD? This is what some have been saying who are there...would like to know if this is true,

Dollarizing, then revaluing the IQD seems a cruel joke on citizens, unless it goes 1 to 1 and then if they have a few hundred thousand lying around it restores former wealth or gives them a step up.

Also - when the Saddam went to Bremmers (150 to one conversion?) doesn't it make sense that exchange to the new IQD would have wiped out past hyperinflation from Saddam's overprinting to fund his war w Iran? Why would we have gone in there with a totally new currency and make it weak like the previous one?

Well said... if they were going to LOP they would have done it years ago... Instead they've been dollarizing the country and bringing in as much IQD as possible through their auctions.  Sounds to me they know exactly what they've reduced to in country in terms of how much IQD is still floating around (in country).  A LOP would do nothing for them.. i think anybody that still believes a LOP is probable hasn't really educated themselves

Do you see 1 to 1

Or like Adam (and myself) something like .10 to .25 out the gate, cash-in window, then higher?

Edited by hame55

Mahi - love the name. I used to catch them behind my sailboat trolling the Gulf Stream off Bahamas - the most gorgeous colors in the world when they come up from the blue and are alive...best eating fish there is.

I'm with you on the LOP theory. They would have done it years ago if the main reason were to make transactions easier. They don't need a good economy nor seated GOI, foreign investment, nor anything else they keep discussing to RD. So when they keep discussing conditions necessary for their "deleting the zeros," reading between the lines tells us those very conditions are not necessary for an LOP. They get to talk up how to RV, while making it seem they are discussing an RD. That's the smoke screen.

Question on the "bringing in IQD" - aren't people paid in IQD and then they try to exchange it for USD? This is what some have been saying who are there...would like to know if this is true,

Dollarizing, then revaluing the IQD seems a cruel joke on citizens, unless it goes 1 to 1 and then if they have a few hundred thousand lying around it restores former wealth or gives them a step up.

Also - when the Saddam went to Bremmers (150 to one conversion?) doesn't it make sense that exchange to the new IQD would have wiped out past hyperinflation from Saddam's overprinting to fund his war w Iran? Why would we have gone in there with a totally new currency and make it weak like the previous one?

All valid points.

In my scenario I decribed above, it would not be a straight lop... it would be followed by a RV to raise the rate to $3.44 USD.

So...

a 25,000 Dinar note would have a new accepted face value of 25 Dinars... which would now be worth $86.00 USD. The Iraqi people who still hold IQD would still make out well because that 25,000 dinar note would have been worth $21.44 USD at the old rate of 1166.

We will more than triple our investment if the new rate comes out at 3.44. It just seems SO much more logical this way.

Edited by TotalNewb

Folks: the powers that be are always going to try to misdirect us by giving different bits and pieces of info, I do however try to give Dr. Shabibi the benefit of the doubt, and now Mr. Tukri because of there positions, if they make a false statement I do believe they could be held accountable even in the future, because there words have such an impact on other countries economies, no one of us has the answers, all we can do is bring what info is out there, discern the (what we believe are the facts) facts from the fiction, I tend to believe what Dr. Shabibi has said hence what I posted yesterday in this thread, and BTW...keepemwalkingfunny... I have noticed that you have indeed been more positive lately and appreciate it:)

"He noted the appearance of: to be the largest category of cash is 25 thousand dinars, equivalent to $ 23, while the largest category during the year 1979 and the period preceding the war, the Iran-Iraq 25 dinars equivalent to $ 75 at the time, but today, the biggest Iraqi faction of 25 thousand dinars is not equivalent to only $ 23 with the smallest currency we have is 250 dinars, and will allow the deletion reducing the size of the cluster of cash currency, ie, that the paper of a thousand dinars turn to one dinar, and this means reducing the 21 trillion dinars to 15 billion dollars with coins, metal, and small groups."

The highlighted part from that Shabibi article really says LOP to me.

PLease PLease somehow convince me otherwise.

In case you didnt notice, someone else started this thread asking a question......god forbid someone give a straight forward answer.....

And by the way, if you are still such a fan, you would have seen my responses in the other threads to the more positive articles.......thanks for stopping by......

Thats funny...I didnt see you comment on any of these.....

BAGHDAD / With: spokesman called white parliamentary bloc Kazem Al-Shammari to make an appointment to reset the Iraqi currency.

Al-Shammari said in a press statement, received a "news the future," a copy of it, that "the high volume of reserves of Iraq from foreign currency to $ 76 billion in addition to the 30 tons of gold bullion, and out of Iraq from Chapter VII, make it necessary to set a date to reset the Iraqi currency ."

"The investment of this reserve big help to raise the value of the Iraqi currency compared to foreign currencies, and thus will contribute to reduce the prices of goods and commodities, would be reflected on improving the living standards for the Iraqi people and thus contribute to the insurance community and reduce crime and the fight against terrorism." Ended

http://translate.goo...w.mustakbal.net

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

By Adel Kadhem

Azzaman, July 9, 2013

Iraq’s financial capabilities are stronger than any challenges the country might be facing, said Deputy Governor of the Iraqi Central Bank Abdulbasit Turki.

“The near future will be a surprise … our potentials are greater than any challenges we are going to face,” Turki said.

Turki made the remarks during a celebration marking the 10th founding anniversary or Iraq’s Commercial Bank.

Turki took over the Central Bank’s administration almost 10 months ago, following a period in which the bank’s former leadership was alleged to have pursued policies detrimental to the country’s economy and the exchange rate of its national currency, the dinar.

Iraqi Central Bank’s coffers are reported to be brimming with hard cash with reserves estimated at more than $70 billion.

Turki said the short period in which he has been at the helm of the country’s most influential financial institution has provide him with evidence that Iraq will overcome its economic difficulties with great leaps forward in the near future.

He did not elaborate, but hinted that his bank was negotiating with international banking institutions to open branches in the country and at the same time encourage foreign investment.

“We have met delegations from some of the world’s largest banks who are willing to start operating in Iraq,” he said.

Turki said his institution wants to turn Iraq into an arena for investment, particularly by foreign firms and entrepreneurs to rebuild its infrastructure.

“Iraq is open to all investors willing to invest in it and reconstruct its institutions,” he said.

http://www.azzaman.com/english/?p=855

The high value of the dinar

07/09/2013 12:00 AM 

Baghdad - Mostafa Hashemi 

said economic expert d. Peace Sumaisem: that the Iraqi dinar is witnessing a remarkable increase in value, especially in recent times, and after the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII. Added Sumaisem told (morning): that there are several countries want to buy the dinar because it represents the currency of financial cover strongest in the region as well to being represents one of the aspects of investment for foreign investors, noting that there are expectations of higher value of the dinar :eyebrows:

to rates close to the standard which makes it desirable in global markets. explained Sumaisem the global currency markets is going according to the principle of expectation of higher currency or decline, and on the dinar, there are projections indicate to increase the value of the dinar in the global markets, He Astdrki that the fluctuation in the exchange rate within the country significantly affect the value of the dinar abroad. It is worth mentioning that there is a website :lol: American trading buying and selling Iraqi dinar since 2004.

After the exit of Chapter VII sanctions on Iraq, international banking organizations are looking to invest in Iraq. The Iraqi central bank has recently declared that presently Iraq possesses high volume of foreign reserves, which is around 76 billion dollars and in addition to that bank owes 30tons gold bullon.

Treasury Adviser Helal Al Ta’an, stated that this reserve will help raise the value of the Iraqi currency, compared with foreign exchange and thus contribute to the reduction of prices of goods and commodities.

The currency reserves of the Central Bank is supporting the Iraqi currency in and out of Iraq, and increased oil imports might contribute directly to increasing the reserve and give more support to the Iraqi currency.

Economist Majid Al Souri remarked, “The investment of surplus reserve is a deliberate economic policy of the country.” the parliamentary Financial Committee member Ahmed Al Masari criticized laws and banking regulations followed in Iraq, confirmed that the Parliament is determined to enact laws regulating banking in the future.

The central bank declared that earlier the foreign reserves and gold were used to be managed in global banks. But after the exit of Chapter VII, the bank got more freedom and thus liberal decisions of the bank will bring future economic successes.

Just admit your the biggest lopster around...they just let you swim free for some reason...

• Upvote 3

We know that through the auctions, the CBI has been removing these HD's for a while by paying a fixed rate of around $1 per 1166 dinars. As these HD's disappear from the street there will be a need for LD's which will be released. We know they have them and are delaying the release. Any new LD  has to be a part of an RV otherwise the LD release would be pointless. The article below is very telling as to what their intentions are. You'll see the term "gradual" used as well meaning a float will be part of the process. Also, every time an article mentions Turkey or Lebanon, who did lop their currency, people get concerned. Turkey removed the zeros off the currency which made the old currency obsolete. Iraq intends to still be collecting the old notes for at least two years, as you'll read below, and has stated that they will both be good currency and usable for that length of time. Ultimately the zeros will be gone off of the Iraqi currency as they were in Turkey's case but it is the way they are going to do it that is different. THERE WILL BE NO LOP!!!!! The reference to other countries is the result, not the process! I hope this helps everyone! Relax...it never has been their intention to drop zeroes from bills and these articles help explain that. Also, see badrabbit's posts that help further what I have put here....

Reveal the intentions of raising the value of each Iraqi dinars to equal one dollar    

4472.jpg

Added by two rivers News   A source at the Central Bank of Iraq for four companies currently competing to win a draft print the new Iraqi dinar, which will generate graceful after deleting three zeros from him, while Samay central bank to raise the value of the dinar against the dollar gradually down to the day to start replacementwhere the value will be in the absence of a fluctuating one Iraqi dinars equivalent to U.S. dollars one. The source said the bank and after remarking that blockbuster buy hard currency from the auction, which is supervised by the Central deliberately to sell the dollar worth less than the previous by 3.4 points, with the imposition of conditions buy to prevent the exploitation market meet the demands of neighboring countries, which suffer from sanctions economic and devaluation of their national currencies, all of this to re-balance the local market, which saw the result of what male fluctuate rapidly in prices dinar, adding that everyone knows that the central bank succeeded actually raise the value of the dinar is thoughtful and intelligent since 2003 until now that the price of the dollar equivalent to 240 dinars, but now price tag rose to 1120 per dollar, and this is one of the most important tasks of the central bank, which is responsible for monetary policy in the country, and one of the most important endeavors is to raise the value of the national currency to achieve a higher purchasing power of the Iraqi citizen. The Central Bank of Iraq announced, yesterday, doing the buying and selling dollar at 1166 dinars during the auction, which is evaluated daily with the participation of 23 banks, after it was sell it and buy it at the price of 1170 dinars to the dollar. The deputy governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh in statements to the media », that« the bank to work on raising the prices of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar during its sessions for the sale and purchase of foreign currency by four dinars and by 3.4% to reach to 1166 dinars to the dollar », indicating that« dinar nominal is not commensurate with the purchasing power to him or the real price of the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar. Saleh added that «the current account of payments Iraq where a large surplus relative to GDP and by 5-8%», stressing that «the surplus is the signal strength and not vice versa as well as the presence of large reserves of the Bank». Saleh pointed out that «the dollar exchange rates in the Iraqi market which recently experienced a slight increase will be affected by the decision of the Central Bank of Iraq, saying that «the Iraqi dinar will be attractive in the Iraqi market. The Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh earlier this year for efforts to obtain the approvals executive and legislative authority to ask three major categories after deleting three zeros from the Iraqi dinar, pointing out that the process of replacing the currency will take two years. As Saleh announced in (January 6 2012) from higher reserves the Iraqi Central Bank foreign currency to $ 60 billion, for the first time in the history of Iraq, while stressing its ability to curb inflation if arrived at two places decimal places, considered that current levels do not raise anxiety. Noteworthy that the CBI is being daily sessions for the sale and purchase of foreign currencies with the exception of public holidays during which depends on those auctions. And Zkrmzar Mohammed Saleh, said that the size of the money supply, which will be printed soon consist of 28 30 billion dinars, with calculation of the currency in circulation now reaches more than 32 trillion dinars, and you measure the size of Limbering which dominated the national currency, and the size of the benefits that will befall this project where withdraw monetary inflation and reduce the amount of cash and other. He revealed that the shape of the new currency would be like a mirror reflecting the history of Iraq and specifications will be even better than printing the dollar, and are impossible with falsified, and will be charged properties technical and aesthetic features of an Iraqi national tells the story of civilization and achievements since the dawn of history, as well as she would Arabic and Kurdish as the constitutional text on This addition to the English language as a global system in place in all countries of the world. He said the groups would be equal between the metal and paper issued class (25, 50, 75 and 100) dinars metal and there are groups of 5, 10 and 25, 50 and 100 dinars paper. In order to shed light on the history Iraqi currency was hired to study integrated worked on writing the responsible engineer Mahmoud Shaker al-Rubaie, who was able to document the history of the dinar in this country since its inception and so far, which stated: - Talking about the Iraqi currency and a broad and large is linked political circumstances unstable experienced by Iraq, which led to the entry foreign currency of the policy of the occupied country, when Iraq was under Ottoman control, the (Majidi) is the currency traded in the deal has been named this currency rate to the Sultan Abdul Majeed's father Sultan Abdul Hamid, and parts Majidi is (Alaqچh and righteous ) and continued deal Ottoman Palmgide until the entry Englishmen in 1917 and extract the country from Ottoman control was introduced with the British (Indian Rupee) as an alternative currency in dealing and trading and parts (Anna) and usual that the new currency expel the old currency .. So ended the trading currency Ottoman having entered wild Indian to the Iraqi market and the reason for making the trading Barabah Indian instead lb English due to most troops English territories are Indians Sikhs and Alkirkh. Having crystallized when the British idea of ​​a (Kingdom of) in Iraq and became talk about A boys Sharif Hussein to rise this task has happened in 23 / August / 1921 as crowned Faisal Ibn Sharif Hussein king of Iraq must be of this political shift that is reflected at all levels and to find him there in the currency change. It began pumping Iraqi currency called a new (penny) and this word is out of Byzantine and consists of a small circle of copper in the middle category number and below the word fils and around the circle Kingdom of Iraq and on her right Hijri and to the left Gregorian date other side image of King Faisal I written on it King of Iraq on the right and Faisal I on the left. With the passage of (Iraqi penny) continued (Indian Rupee) trading until the first of October 1932 deal was canceled. After the issuance of (penny) issued a coin is (two mites) and with the same specifications penny but larger than a little then appeared (pubic), a four fils a reward currency English (brown), one of the parts pound continued to issue categories in ascending appeared ten fils a copper then Twenty penny called (the Koran) and the dirham and equal to 50 fils after emerged percent fils then two hundred fils and called (Rial) and equivalent (shilling) currency English which is made of sterling silver and a picture of King Faisal I on the one hand and the other three palms engraved on the thick branch of a tree which large size relatively. and ten years after the coronation of King Faisal I was established Iraq Currency Board in London in 1931 and a law 44 of the same year by which printed paper currency in the sixteenth of March 1932 saw the light first Iraqi dinars bearing an image of King Faisal I on right and the name Kingdom of Iraq at the top and category number in the middle which is written in English and the second in English, where the company (Dollarroa) British print dinar also been printed in small denominations of paper (quarter and half) in India and began the Iraqi dinar expelled wild Indian, according to the rule referred to even end the deal in October 1932. The Iraqi dinar equals 1,000 fils also been printed Order of five dinars and ten dinars and then was put carpaccio% Royal dinars. With the development of political events, specifically on 26 / November / 1934 appeared new dinar He holds a picture of King Ghazi has happened after the departure of King Faisal I quickly changed this picture to be replaced by a picture of King Faisal II in late 1939, when the departure of King Ghazi. Has Council continued the Iraq Currency printing Iraqi currency until the Act No. 43 of 47 and under which was established (National Bank of Iraq), and specifically on the twentieth of July 1947 to adopt Multi printed Iraqi currency and the existence of this bank has been dispensed currency board and its Abolition in 1949, and after several years, specifically in the first of July 1956 a law was passed 72 under which changed its name National Bank of Iraq to (CBI). has not changed form the Iraqi currency and continued printing until the Republic of Iraq in 1958 and the emergence of leader Abdul Karim Kassem in his time occurred many amendments on the currency notes and coins It raised the pictures of the three kings of all currencies were replaced (slogan Republican) new and in the eighth of July 1958 and get a lot of variables on a coin as canceled class (Filsin) and added fils to (pubic) to become (five fils) and Hausa popular salutes leader his work is (lived leader who Zaid pubic .. fils ..) as well as canceled (the Koran), a twenty fils replaced (twenty five fils) while retaining Dirhams and percent fils and cancel (Rial) which is equal to 200 fils, the terms of paper currency, the class percent dinars were canceled and keep the rest of the categories of paper with the addition of symbols Iraqi her like (Palm filling Darbandikhan filling Dukan and Fort Phaenicia and Daura and waterfall entirely on your beacon humpback and Basrah silo and Helicobacter and bull winged and Lion of Babylon and ascend Kut and harp and obelisk of Hammurabi has changed shape currency only a slight change until the revolution of the seventeenth of July 1968 and began to raise the banner of the Republic to be replaced by the aforementioned Iraqi symbols. With the beginning of the eighties of the last century began to appear a coin to replace bank notes small Fezhrt 250 fils compared to quarter dinars and 500 fils, compared to half dinars and 1000 fils against the dinar also issued CBI alloy of gold to the categories (gold dinar and five dinars and ten dinars gold) and sold rate prevailing gold for a short period, and in the mid-eighties of the last century began (feminine) size paper currency from quarter dinars and end Balashr dinars and more characteristic of this phase is the emergence of the Order of the ten dinars and has a picture of the world the great Hassan Ibn al-Haytham that Ohmt people that this currency is not Iraqi!! With the deterioration of the political situation and falling exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar proceeded government to print new class bearing the number 25 dinars and on his face the first image of Arabian horses and the other side is for the coin was then put a picture of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein instead of Arabian horses were printed this category in Russia. At second of August 1990 got evolution in Iraqi politics overshadowed the dark on the country in general and the currency, especially by imposing (policy economic blockade) by America and its allies, which led to the disappearance of original currency for each category and the emergence of currency printed locally Bmtaba newspapers and journals which lean and devoid of controls applicable universally. . With advancing years siege increased print size and say the dinar exchange rate against the dollar even arrived in 1995 to 3000 dinars to the dollar, which produced tons of currency printed locally. That monetary policy is losing its balance due (currency prosthetic) For the purpose of controlling inflation large began printing classes undefined earlier, such as the fifty and one hundred dinars, carrying a picture Unknown Soldier new Baghdad clock hand and a picture of former President Saddam Hussein from the second and then a class Almaútan and fifty dinars a poster of President as well. did not hold these banknotes in front of the dollar exchange rate with the continued printed locally up seemed meager worthless and large size افقدها prestige .. And continued in 2002 to issue a new class is a paper (10000) dinars to absorb inflation gorge and sagging currency big hit, but to no avail. After more than thirteen years on the policy of blockade and the advent of the CPA and the occupation of the country by the United States and set the civil governor Paul Bremer, who began amending Iraqi laws as it deems is if adopted the Law on the Central Bank No. 73 of 2004 amended, which provides for printing Iraqi currency new currency and rely on dinar Republican in terms of shape and change the category to be consistent with what the corresponding currency printed locally if adopted form quarter dinars to become 250 dinars and half becomes 500 dinars dinar becomes 1000 dinars, as well as five and ten dinars become five thousand and ten thousand dinars with the introduction of class new (25000) dinars to absorb hyperinflation in cash which are of red dye was also an instrument of coins from class 100 dinars and 50 dinars and 25 dinars, but has not been activated widely because of the conditions of inflation and price increases have begun replacing the currency from 01/10/2004 until 28/02/2005 and continuing currency trading referred to above to the present day and talk about the intention of the government remove three zeros from the Iraqi dinar to reach levels comparable with the exchange rates of foreign currencies dry Iraqi dinar back to glory and weighs a healthy beautiful green color.
Also, something that is very telling is the April  2012 SIGIR (Special Inspector General for Iraqi Reconstruction) report that said this:

"...official exchange rate for Iraqi dinar strengthened marginally against the U.S. dollar, selling at 1,166 per dollar through much of the quarter. That rate is down slightly from 1,170—a level that had held constant for the past three years. However, a spike in demand for dollars generated by merchants from neighboring Iran and Syria—suddenly unable to procure sufficient amounts of the U.S. currency at home because of international sanctions—helped drive the unofficial street exchange rate above 1,320 dinar in mid-April. In April 2012, the CoM postponed indefinitely plans for a currency reform that would have removed three zeros from the Iraqi dinar in 2013 and required the issuance of new currency notes. The reform would have made the dinar’s value slightly less than $1.  It is currently worth less than one tenth of a cent .376."

http://www.sigir.mil/files/quarterlyreports/April2012/Report_-_April_2012.pdf#view=fit   (Look to page 94 in the file to find the above quote)

Plus, as badrabbit made mention of in the videos and articles he posted, there has been mention of "decimal points" in certain articles. Below I have copy and pasted something I posted about a week ago. It goes right along with badrabbit's posts. 

I wanted to throw this out there for discussion about the "deletion" or "raising" of the zeroes. Not only has there has been a lot of chatter lately about when this may take place (recent CBI statements say they are suspending ideas to do it indefinitely) but also in regards to what they mean by "raising" or "deleting" the zeroes. I think I may have found something that will help explain what they mean.

I would like to submit an article from January 1, 2012, found here http://www.alsumaria...ue-of-iraqi-din , in which the Deputy Governor of the Iraqi Central Bank Mozhar Mohammad Saleh is discussing the issue. The part of the article I would like to focus on is this: "Deputy Governor of Iraqi Central Bank Mazhar Mohammad Saleh revealed, on December 14, that Central Bank is willing to create 3 money categories following the deletion of 3 zeros from Iraqi Dinar. The currency exchange requires about two years, Saleh pointed out. Reserves of foreign currencies in Central Bank of Iraq increased, for the first time in Iraqi history, to 60 billion Dollars, Saleh announced on December 6 explaining that Central Bank can curb inflation if it reached two decimal ranks." The fact that he makes mention of "decimal ranks" (decimal points) is what I find so interesting. It leaves little doubt to me that the "raising" or "deletion" of zeroes is in reference to the exchange rate, currently 1 IQD = 0.000859900 USD, and NOT the deletion of zeroes from the bills themselves. This is the only place I've ever seen in all the reporting out of Iraq where "decimal" points is mentioned regarding the issue of zeroes. So, as so many have stated in other posts, if you "raise" or "delete" the zeroes from the exchange rate you get 1 IQD = 0.859900 USD. Perhaps this will be their jumping off point and allow it to freely float from there? 

Also, the line "Central Bank is willing to create 3 money categories following the deletion of 3 zeros from Iraqi Dinar"Is he talking about issuing the smaller denominations after the "deletion of 3 zeroes"For example....1's, 10's, and 20's, or whatever....That would seem to make sense as well because as we know, they are not ready to release the LD's just yet which might be the reason the CBI recently said they're suspending the "raising of zeroes indefinitely". Adam has been saying all along that no RV could take place without the LD's being part of it. 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/user/53592-hairball51/#ixzz2Yer7nnfT

And finally, because I do not have all day to post some of these (there are a few more), I will submit the following report from The another site Newsletter. There is no need for translation on this article as it is in English and it is very clear in the article what the "removal" of zeroes means. I highlighted the important paragraph. Its amazing how the American contractors who were and still are on the ground in Iraq, know what they mean. 

Report from The another site October 24th 2011

The Iraqi Minister of Oil recently announced that Iraq had increased their oil output to 2.9 million barrels a day. However,that figure is exaggerated. Iraq only exported 2.2 million barrels a day due to the limitations of the infrastructure. Iraq is hoping to reach 3 million barrels a day in out put oil production by the end of the month. This remains to be seen as going from 2.9 to 3 million barrels a day in output capacity with the current limitations will be difficult. In any case, this is a milestone for Iraq.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2011/10/22/iraq-oil-output-capacity-jumps-to-250-million-bd-oil-minister/

The Troops here in Iraq are definitely leaving at the end of the year and with this goes the hundreds of millions of dollars the troops or the US government brought to Iraq. This will have a lasting effect on the Iraqi economy. This scenario could be short lived if the Iraqi government can acquire foreign investments. The Iraqi government will now have to find the funds to fill the void.

After numerous meetings and consulting with various entities the consensus is that there will not be any movement with the Iraqi Dinar currency. The Iraq currency reform report will not commence this year as the Iraqi parliament will not schedule this for discussions.  This remains in the hands of the Council of Ministries who have already reviewed the currency reform report courtesy of Governor Sinan al-Shabibi. In addition, the Currency
Reform report has also been reviewed by a committee that has been set up by the Iraqi Parliament. There will be no action taken this year as more debates and discussions are continuing with the government and private enterprise. This is the reason for the continued articles in the media referencing the same facts over and over.
The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) continues to move at a snails pace when it comes to removing the 25k notes from circulation and at such time will be replacing those denominations with another newer Iraqi currency. There are six new denominations being
considered and when the decision is finalized they will be printed. Many claim this is premature as the Iraqi Parliament, Council of Ministries and the legal department are still reviewing and debating the Central Bank of Iraq Currency Reform report.

• Upvote 2

The last article in English is from The another site Newsletter which did not come through for some reason.

What the hell is going on? I try to type another site newsletter and "the another site" newsletter pops up!!!!

Ok let me try it this way....A m e r i c a n   C o n t r a c t o r s  N e w s l e t t e r

Thank you for posting all of this info!

Like I said, read it and you'll see what they're intentions have been all along. Turkey and Lebanon are two totally different entities all together. They both had staggering inflation with nowhere near the reserves and potential as Iraq. A LOP would be the craziest thing they could do not to mention, Mahi nailed it when he said they would've done it by now.

• Upvote 1

The last article in English is from The another site Newsletter which did not come through for some reason.

What the hell is going on? I try to type another site newsletter and "the another site" newsletter pops up!!!!

Ok let me try it this way....A m e r i c a n   C o n t r a c t o r s  N e w s l e t t e r

Like I said, read it and you'll see what they're intentions have been all along. Turkey and Lebanon are two totally different entities all together. They both had staggering inflation with nowhere near the reserves and potential as Iraq. A LOP would be the craziest thing they could do not to mention, Mahi nailed it when he said they would've done it by now.

Yeah... you are right. Why bother dollarizing and "pulling in" the large notes if they would simply honor them at a lesser face value?

Makes sense now!

• Upvote 2

Yeah... you are right. Why bother dollarizing and "pulling in" the large notes if they would simply honor them at a lesser face value?

Makes sense now!

Exactly! Right on Total! JWJW has some great articles posted on post #32...read those. Also hame55 makes a great point too...if they're delaying the deletion of zeroes til conditions are right, as many recent reports are claiming, logically they can't be talking about a LOP as there are no conditions necessary for a LOP to take place (other than staggering inflation which Iraq doesn't have but Turkey and Lebanon did)...they would just do it! And they would have a long time ago when a LOP would've made sense.

• Upvote 2

I just posted another article today from yesterday of a regurgitated article about putting the deletion of 0's on hold.  I never have been one to believe "smoke/mirrors" but seems really odd that they always have to throw some crap in there when really good articles come out.  Kind of like our democrats vs republicans.  Drives you nuts...

I just posted another article today from yesterday of a regurgitated article about putting the deletion of 0's on hold.  I never have been one to believe "smoke/mirrors" but seems really odd that they always have to throw some crap in there when really good articles come out.  Kind of like our democrats vs republicans.  Drives you nuts...

Yeah it does get frustrating for sure!

Here's how I see it going down...They will "remove" or "delete" the zeroes from the nominal rate (.00086 to .86) sometime before the new year. Iraq could do this immediately as their reserves prove they could handle that rate but time will tell when they will do it. As I said though, I think it will be before the new year. They will allow this rate to float and let the market set any further movement. There was an article out the other day speaking of them moving to a more market driven economy which I'm sure includes the rate. The rate movement will more than likely be up as countries continue to invest and oil revenues increase both now and long term. And finally, the newer LD's will be released around January 1st replacing the HD's that Iraq has been buying back through auctions and from investors like us taking the .86 rate to the bank to cash in. :twocents:

IMHO.....

To me delete the zeros or lift the zeros means one thing only: remove the notes with three zeros from circulation.

How do you do that? You have to raise the exchange rate, it's the only way.

The US used to have a 1,000, 10,000 and even a 100,000 note in circulation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_denominations_of_United_States_currency

So, Iraq wants to be like the Euro, Dollar (US, CAN, AUS) and the Pound. Not at 1166 to 1 USD

Shabibi has stated that Iraq will have the strongest currency in the Middle East.

Listen to Shabibi at DC:

Can't find his Jackson Hole speech where he states this several times

Just my opinion

WM13

I'm wondering if we're watching the same video?  I didn't hear Shabibi say that Iraq will have the strongest currency in the Middle East.  I heard Shabibi say that they want a stable exchange rate.  How can you have a stable exchange rate and raise the value from a tenth of a penny to over $3 at the same time? 

Call me stupid, you won't be the first to do so. I've read soo many articles on delete the zeros I can't count them I still am not sure what they mean when they say "delete the zeros". Does anyone have concrete proof of what this really means? There are so many interpretations, and personal opinions, I can't figure it out. What do you think?

I think Dr. Shabibi is as good an authority as any.  He said that delete the zeros means a re-denomination. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I'm confused exactly what is Dr Shabibi's title & what imput does he have as of TODAY in regards to the CBI?

I'm wondering if we're watching the same video?  I didn't hear Shabibi say that Iraq will have the strongest currency in the Middle East.  I heard Shabibi say that they want a stable exchange rate.  How can you have a stable exchange rate and raise the value from a tenth of a penny to over $3 at the same time? 

I think Dr. Shabibi is as good an authority as any.  He said that delete the zeros means a re-denomination. 

• Upvote 2

Thats funny...I didnt see you comment on any of these.....  BAGHDAD / With: spokesman called white parliamentary bloc Kazem Al-Shammari to make an appointment to reset the Iraqi currency. Al-Shammari said in a press statement, received a "news the future," a copy of it, that "the high volume of reserves of Iraq from foreign currency to $ 76 billion in addition to the 30 tons of gold bullion, and out of Iraq from Chapter VII, make it necessary to set a date to reset the Iraqi currency ." "The investment of this reserve big help to raise the value of the Iraqi currency compared to foreign currencies, and thus will contribute to reduce the prices of goods and commodities, would be reflected on improving the living standards for the Iraqi people and thus contribute to the insurance community and reduce crime and the fight against terrorism." Endedhttp://translate.goo...w.mustakbal.netRead more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153779-shammari-calls-to-set-a-date-to-reset-the-iraqi-currency/#ixzz2Yekqnt84

Central Bank Governor promises bright future for Iraqis

By Adel Kadhem

Azzaman, July 9, 2013

Iraq’s financial capabilities are stronger than any challenges the country might be facing, said Deputy Governor of the Iraqi Central Bank Abdulbasit Turki.

“The near future will be a surprise … our potentials are greater than any challenges we are going to face,” Turki said.

Turki made the remarks during a celebration marking the 10th founding anniversary or Iraq’s Commercial Bank.

Turki took over the Central Bank’s administration almost 10 months ago, following a period in which the bank’s former leadership was alleged to have pursued policies detrimental to the country’s economy and the exchange rate of its national currency, the dinar.

Iraqi Central Bank’s coffers are reported to be brimming with hard cash with reserves estimated at more than $70 billion.

Turki said the short period in which he has been at the helm of the country’s most influential financial institution has provide him with evidence that Iraq will overcome its economic difficulties with great leaps forward in the near future.

He did not elaborate, but hinted that his bank was negotiating with international banking institutions to open branches in the country and at the same time encourage foreign investment.

“We have met delegations from some of the world’s largest banks who are willing to start operating in Iraq,” he said.

Turki said his institution wants to turn Iraq into an arena for investment, particularly by foreign firms and entrepreneurs to rebuild its infrastructure.

“Iraq is open to all investors willing to invest in it and reconstruct its institutions,” he said.http://www.azzaman.com/english/?p=855

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153937-central-bank-governor-promises-bright-future-for-iraqis/#ixzz2YelLCtWs

The high value of the dinar

07/09/2013 12:00 AM 

Baghdad - Mostafa Hashemi 

said economic expert d. Peace Sumaisem: that the Iraqi dinar is witnessing a remarkable increase in value, especially in recent times, and after the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII. Added Sumaisem told (morning): that there are several countries want to buy the dinar because it represents the currency of financial cover strongest in the region as well to being represents one of the aspects of investment for foreign investors, noting that there are expectations of higher value of the dinar :eyebrows: to rates close to the standard which makes it desirable in global markets. explained Sumaisem the global currency markets is going according to the principle of expectation of higher currency or decline, and on the dinar, there are projections indicate to increase the value of the dinar in the global markets, He Astdrki that the fluctuation in the exchange rate within the country significantly affect the value of the dinar abroad. It is worth mentioning that there is a website :lol: American trading buying and selling Iraqi dinar since 2004.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153918-the-high-value-of-the-dinar/#ixzz2Yelcer1r

After the exit of Chapter VII sanctions on Iraq, international banking organizations are looking to invest in Iraq. The Iraqi central bank has recently declared that presently Iraq possesses high volume of foreign reserves, which is around 76 billion dollars and in addition to that bank owes 30tons gold bullon.

Treasury Adviser Helal Al Ta’an, stated that this reserve will help raise the value of the Iraqi currency, compared with foreign exchange and thus contribute to the reduction of prices of goods and commodities.

The currency reserves of the Central Bank is supporting the Iraqi currency in and out of Iraq, and increased oil imports might contribute directly to increasing the reserve and give more support to the Iraqi currency.

Economist Majid Al Souri remarked, “The investment of surplus reserve is a deliberate economic policy of the country.” the parliamentary Financial Committee member Ahmed Al Masari criticized laws and banking regulations followed in Iraq, confirmed that the Parliament is determined to enact laws regulating banking in the future.

The central bank declared that earlier the foreign reserves and gold were used to be managed in global banks. But after the exit of Chapter VII, the bank got more freedom and thus liberal decisions of the bank will bring future economic successes.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/153903-exiting-from-chapter-vii-makes-iraqi-dinar-stronger-09-jul-2013/#ixzz2Yem4scsM

Just admit your the biggest lopster around...they just let you swim free for some reason...

Your right i.want it to lop and not make a dime......

Do you think about what your typing first? Or just type off the tip of your fingers?

How much sense does that make? Think about that and get back to me....

For those of you who dont know, nominal value is also referred to as face value....

If you have a 25k note, the face value is 25,000 dinar.......

And what they mean about conditions being right, is a stable economy, political scene.....its no.different whether you lop or RV.....you want to be stable if your gonna raise the value......look at zimbabwe....they lopped when things were not stable and it was a failure....they ended up lopping again......

If your not stable enough to keep a new value or they are afraid of the value slipping again, your not gonna do anything.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6