Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nassif calls to ask America to compensate Iraq for its invasion him without international legitimacy

yota691

Nervy, right? I say we send them a bill... In fact a nice one for the lives lost, the money spent, the list is a mile long. This is part of what gives me so much confidence in this investment, due to what is owed! Someone has t put this lady in her place quickly. We are the leaders o replace and democracy. Yet, we are looked at in the wrong light because we don't fight idiocy like this...

It is way over time we stand up and say we will help but at a cost. We should have a fine each Tim e someone in the political light says something against us and casts foulness on the many lives lost. Seriously this pisses me off!

Makes me care a lot less for them when I hear this type of report out of there.

Errr. My blood is boiling.

Excuse typos.... Fingers are too big for my ipad.

And what about  Kuwait? Didn't they encounter Rape, Pilliage, Plunder, Murder, and an ILLEGAL INVASIONs by another country???????????? Did they not FORGIVE that country???

We Liberated YOU you JACKA##!!!!!!

Well....let's look at it this way.  As in all arguments in debate, or a challenge there is always a piece of truth from both sides.  I cannot ignore that indeed we did invade Iraq the second time.  I guess for all intense and purposes we were an invader, and we did take over Iraq.  Did we not?  So her position is we were the invaders and we should be paying the piper as they have had to do.  BUT here is where her case falls apart, if Iraq was still under Saddam or someone like him today, she would not have a platform to speak her mind.   She would still be positioned in her house, wearing her burka, dreaming to be heard and that tells us how far Iraq has come from then to now.  Today she can stir trouble and walk freely, maybe some listen to her, I don't know.  So she irritates me like chalk on a blackboard, still damn.....Iraq is coming around!!!  Many lives, both Iraqi and US died, but today she has a voice.  She would never, ever have this opportunity before now.  

She knows that.  Sadr has the same problem, but he does have a following, and he is a guy...she is looking for her following.  She is expressing herself, it is good too see she can say what she will.  Playing to an audience, who may be interested,  without being executed and worse.   

• Upvote 2

The United Nations Security Council, in Resolution 1441 (November 8, 2002), unanimously deplored Iraq's lack of compliance with Resolution 687 (1991) on inspection, disarmament and renunciation of terrorism in Iraq, and went on to make several decisions under Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter. Resolution 687, like Resolution 1441, was adopted under Chapter VII. Chapter VII gives the Council the authority to determine the existence of a threat to the peace, breach of the peace or act of aggression, and to take action accordingly.

In paragraph 1 of Resolution 1441, the Council decided that "Iraq has been and remains in material breach of its obligations" under relevant resolutions, including Resolution 687, in particular through Iraq's failure to cooperate with authorized inspectors and its failure to disarm in several respects, including destroying all chemical and biological weapons and placing all of its nuclear-weapons-usable materials under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

The U.N. Charter obligates all member states to comply with Security Council resolutions adopted under Chapter VII. Consequently, such resolutions are similar to (but not exactly the same as) multilateral treaties in that they are binding instruments under international law.

When the Security Council asserted in paragraph 1 of Resolution 1441 that Iraq is in material breach of its obligations under relevant resolutions, including Resolution 687, it appears to have treated those resolutions as being sufficiently like multilateral treaties to be subject to Article 60 of the Vienna Convention. Alternatively, since the U.N. Charter says that Security Council decisions embodied in Chapter VII resolutions are binding on all members, a material breach of such a resolution by a U.N. member state (such as Iraq) would be a material breach of the Charter itself. Since the Charter is a multilateral treaty, Article 60 of the Vienna Convention would apply directly to any material breach of it.

Security Council Resolution 687, adopted at the end of the Gulf War, includes a provision declaring a formal cease-fire between Iraq, Kuwait and the member states (such as the United States) cooperating with Kuwait in accordance with Resolution 678 (1990). Resolution 678 authorized member states to use all necessary means to restore international peace and security in the area, and thus provided the basis under international law for the allies' military action in the Gulf War. The determination in Resolution 1441 that Iraq is already in material breach of its obligations under Resolution 687 provides a basis for the decision in paragraph 4 (above) of Resolution 1441 that any further lack of cooperation by Iraq will be a further material breach

Finally, the United States government has argued, wholly apart from Resolution 1441, that it has a right of pre-emptive self defense to protect itself from terrorism fomented by Iraq. For discussion of pre-emptive self-defense in the terrorism context, see the ASIL Insight, "Pre-emptive Action to Forestall Terrorism" (June 2002).

Edited by dontlop

And its nice that it your free to speak up and say what you want without being hung in the town square, thanks to America.

.......Exactly Jg, the men & women of our armed forces died , were maimed and many suffer PTSD, to liberate all Iraqi's from Saddam's brutal regime. This must be the thanks we get. Spitting in our faces...
  • Upvote 1